Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

CedricFresh

Novice Member
May 15, 2020
Pov: You're in a pvp battle on mobile with touch controls, and the fight is going great. Granted, there are some furnaces and chests nearby, but all you have to do is not touch them, and you should be fine. However, one mis-tap is all it takes to turn the tide of battle, and a fight that should have been trivially easy is now impossible to win. You open the chest, and close it as fast as you can, trying not to hit the 'Help' button next to the 'x', but the damage has been done. As you press 'play again', you question how you let this happen.

This is a situation that happens far too much if you play with touch controls, even if it's not as dramatic as it's told above. Most mobile players know it's trouble when they're going to fight someone, and there's crafting tables, furnaces, chests and graves nearby, as 1 mis-tap can have dramatic effects.

The solutions? Unfortunately, I can only think of 2.

1) Do not let players open containers with swords/tools in their hands. This would be unpopular with many players, as it would be difficult to remember to switch off of your tool in the first couple of times you play, but it could be gotten used to.

2) Another way could be to spawn invisible 'entities' over containers when you are in pvp. For example, you would put a 1x1x1 entity over a chest, which is 8x8x8 (or it's marginally less than a block). It would be much more difficult to code, but it would be better, as you wouldn't have to worry about switching to a non-tool slot when you're not in pvp. I'd much rather not be able to open a chest 3 seconds after pvp than lose to having opened it during a fight.

These might not be possible fixes, but I just hope that this sees some light, as it is a problem that has existed since the first days of MCPE/ minecraft on mobile, as there is no left/right click, and they're merged together to creat an all-powerful tap.

This is in eggwars with the villagers, but just the villagers. The chests still have this problem, which is unfortunate, but at least it isn't as much of a problem in eggwars, because you don't really see many containers like crafting tables.

(btw, unless you've played mobile with touch controls, please don't reply with 'it's not that hard' or 'just don't click on the chests', as it's not useful commentary, and it's been said many times before.)

wxzzrd

Dedicated Member
May 30, 2020
I like the entity one but yes it’s irritating when I open chests especially when I’m next to the void

Reactions: Conea64

Modulo

Dec 30, 2019
1) Do not let players open containers with swords/tools in their hands. This would be unpopular with many players, as it would be difficult to remember to switch off of your tool in the first couple of times you play, but it could be gotten used to.
The problem with this that you mentioned is a valid issue. This feature would carry over to k&m and controller players with the unintended consequence that they simply can't open a chest with a tool or weapon in their hand even when using the correct button. I personally would find this frustrating. Something like this is already in place with shops in eggwars, and it inconveniences many k&m as well as controller players. The fix was that attacking with a tool or weapon should not be able to open the shop, but since on mobile those are the same control, the fix included interaction as well as attacking. A simple solution would be to have a setting which toggles whether attack/interact restrictions are to be applied to both actions (for mobile players), or to be kept to their respective action (everyone else). If this can't be applied in the background, they should make the toggle be a command and tell people about it in some way (e.g. a periodic server announcement saying something along the lines of: "want mobile friendly controls? type /control to toggle." and when toggled, give that player a heads up about the inability to open chests/shops with a tool or weapon in their hands.)

Moanfulspoon

Apr 13, 2020
The problem with this that you mentioned is a valid issue. This feature would carry over to k&m and controller players with the unintended consequence that they simply can't open a chest with a tool or weapon in their hand even when using the correct button. I personally would find this frustrating. Something like this is already in place with shops in eggwars, and it inconveniences many k&m as well as controller players. The fix was that attacking with a tool or weapon should not be able to open the shop, but since on mobile those are the same control, the fix included interaction as well as attacking. A simple solution would be to have a setting which toggles whether attack/interact restrictions are to be applied to both actions (for mobile players), or to be kept to their respective action (everyone else). If this can't be applied in the background, they should make the toggle be a command and tell people about it in some way (e.g. a periodic server announcement saying something along the lines of: "want mobile friendly controls? type /control to toggle." and when toggled, give that player a heads up about the inability to open chests/shops with a tool or weapon in their hands.)
agreed and with windows players this would be very annoying but not impossible, for controllers idk

Reactions: wxzzrd

CedricFresh

Novice Member
May 15, 2020
You need polllllllllllllllllll

also solution 1 would be best as i dont know if you can have entities be on for some and not for others
it wasn't really made for a poll, just to spread awareness that it exists.
And also because I opened a chest mid-fight before writing this thread lol

Reactions: wxzzrd
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
ToonBer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd eitje!
Eli wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!
JokeKaedee wrote on Egg🥚's profile.