Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

MalakMos

Novice Member
Feb 25, 2017
Kuwait
Hi,

I hate op skywars with a passion, and I'd just like to show you why. It is completely impossible to kill someone that has full diamond armor and food without knocking them into the void. In the video you see my opponent hitting me almost perfectly, but he still doesn't get close to killing me.

So if you can't knock your opponent into the void because you're not fighting on a tiny island and don't have a knockback sword (or your opponent has anti-kb), you have to fight until you destroy all the sets of armor they collected and also all they collect from chests during the fight. This can easily take 10-15 minutes. In the video I got lucky that my opponent got banned after a few minutes, but you can see that It would've taken very long for my extra sets of amor to break and I still would have had the chance to get more armor from chests.

It's usually not rewarding to engage in a fight. Your armor will get damaged and you can't collect their armor since you have to either knock them off or destroy their armor. It is way easier to sneak up on people and shoot them off from behind than it is to engage in a fight. Some people might like this, but I don't.

I don't really know how to fix this, but it would already be a lot less annoying if you knew wether a game would become the total mess op is before the game starts, maybe allow people to vote in the pregame lobby and announce the chosen gamemode 5 seconds before teleporting to the map so people have time to leave.

The armor seems to be balanced with 1.8 mechanics in mind, it has to be nerfed a lot for 1.9.

The amount of golden apples is ridiculous, I'd prefer about twice as many golden apples as there are currently enchanted golden apples.

In FFA and Survival Games the op option simply makes fights last longer, I still prefer normal, but it doesn't completely break the game. In skywars fights can either end quicker because it's easier to knock people off or take way too long and mostly depend on your luck at getting many sets of armor.

TL;DR
Armor is way too strong in op Skywars, even 1.9 killaura can't kill you as long as you have armor.
It's called overpowered items. For sure the chest will contain items that will be overpowered, because ranked players voted for it. If you hate it, just quit the game, or find a better way than quitting the game.

Thank you. :)

MalakMos

Novice Member
Feb 25, 2017
Kuwait
Or, we can make OP more enjoyable so people actually want to play it. Why keep something the same when it is despised this much?
Lot's of other players enjoy playing overpowered items the way it is now, so if overpowered items got changed, lot's of players will be depressed, so why not keep it this way?

Thank you.

DanDaDino

Dedicated Member
Mar 31, 2017
i nu tell u
www.cubecraft.net
It's called overpowered items. For sure the chest will contain items that will be overpowered, because ranked players voted for it. If you hate it, just quit the game, or find a better way than quitting the game.

But why should they have to quit the game? In my opinion, op should be made so that people can actually play it
Lot's of other players enjoy playing overpowered items the way it is now, so if overpowered items got changed, lot's of players will be depressed, so why not keep it this way?

Thank you.
the only people who like op are the noobs who want to survive for ages. If we change op, they might learn to get good

Reactions: MalakMos

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown

OP has potential, but it's very unbalance, making it almost unplayable unless you have a punch now or golden apples.

Thank you.

Players getting depressed? What...

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture

Thank you.
Lots of players enjoy op? I don't know what kind of lobbies you've been in but that is not the case. I have seen an entire lobby attack a donator in chat for voting op (I talked to them a bit and they said it happens almost every game they vote op in). And in the waiting lobby for teams, 1 person out of around 10 games will even ask for op. So with those statistics in hand, there is really no good reason to keep op the way it is.

As for your thing about getting depressed: the only people getting depressed by this are the donators who vote op because they get attacked and verbally abused by their choice. So let's make a change so people enjoy playing it!

Reactions: MalakMos

Sharz

Dedicated Member
Aug 15, 2015
Barcelona
www.youtube.com
Every time that OP mode is selected I leave the game. I don't like this mode because you must stay in your island if you don't want to be killed. You can't go to another island building a bridge, because of punch bows. And fighting, the only way to kill an enemy quick is spleef him or throw him off (only if you are in surface).

Good suggestion, this needs to be added for Team Skywars:
maybe allow people to vote in the pregame lobby and announce the chosen gamemode 5 seconds before teleporting to the map so people have time to leave.

Even so, the majority of the games that I play are in Normal mode, so the solution when it's OP is type /leave just when the game starts.

D

Deleted member 169486

Lots of players enjoy op? I don't know what kind of lobbies you've been in but that is not the case. I have seen an entire lobby attack a donator in chat for voting op (I talked to them a bit and they said it happens almost every game they vote op in). And in the waiting lobby for teams, 1 person out of around 10 games will even ask for op. So with those statistics in hand, there is really no good reason to keep op the way it is.

As for your thing about getting depressed: the only people getting depressed by this are the donators who vote op because they get attacked and verbally abused by their choice. So let's make a change so people enjoy playing it!
*slowly raises hand*

MalakMos

Novice Member
Feb 25, 2017
Kuwait
OP has potential, but it's very unbalance, making it almost unplayable unless you have a punch now or golden apples.

Players getting depressed? What...
Yes, players like me will get depressed if overpowered items got completely changed.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
*slowly raises hand*

Well your opinion, and I respect that, but overall the game is unbalanced. The loot you get from chest are usually pretty ridiculous, and the game comes down to a punch now fight most of the time. You have pretty strong swords, but that can't really compete against a punch bow abuser.

@AreYouShy , getting depressed over items being removed? O-o.... You mean just plain sad?

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

This sure didn’t age well, XD
Xi1m wrote on EGG_BOCZOIN's profile.
are you speedrunning compliments for every staff member
EGG_BOCZOIN wrote on AnolTongi's profile.
Pro Moderator :D
EGG_BOCZOIN wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
Pro Moderator :D
EGG_BOCZOIN wrote on camulos's profile.
Pro Desginer :D
Top Bottom