Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Hi,

I hate op skywars with a passion, and I'd just like to show you why. It is completely impossible to kill someone that has full diamond armor and food without knocking them into the void. In the video you see my opponent hitting me almost perfectly, but he still doesn't get close to killing me.

So if you can't knock your opponent into the void because you're not fighting on a tiny island and don't have a knockback sword (or your opponent has anti-kb), you have to fight until you destroy all the sets of armor they collected and also all they collect from chests during the fight. This can easily take 10-15 minutes. In the video I got lucky that my opponent got banned after a few minutes, but you can see that It would've taken very long for my extra sets of amor to break and I still would have had the chance to get more armor from chests.

It's usually not rewarding to engage in a fight. Your armor will get damaged and you can't collect their armor since you have to either knock them off or destroy their armor. It is way easier to sneak up on people and shoot them off from behind than it is to engage in a fight. Some people might like this, but I don't.

I don't really know how to fix this, but it would already be a lot less annoying if you knew wether a game would become the total mess op is before the game starts, maybe allow people to vote in the pregame lobby and announce the chosen gamemode 5 seconds before teleporting to the map so people have time to leave.

The armor seems to be balanced with 1.8 mechanics in mind, it has to be nerfed a lot for 1.9.

The amount of golden apples is ridiculous, I'd prefer about twice as many golden apples as there are currently enchanted golden apples.

In FFA and Survival Games the op option simply makes fights last longer, I still prefer normal, but it doesn't completely break the game. In skywars fights can either end quicker because it's easier to knock people off or take way too long and mostly depend on your luck at getting many sets of armor.

TL;DR
Armor is way too strong in op Skywars, even 1.9 killaura can't kill you as long as you have armor.

GeldHaftige

Dedicated Member
May 4, 2017
Belgium
Only the youngest people love playing on OP. You get only campers. The only thing What is Nice from OP is the enderpearl.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
I have complained about OP a lot in the past, and I still hate the game mode. I could see it would be a fun game mode, but with the imbalanced loot from chest, and the overpowered items (of some, which are simply ridiculous), the game mode is very annoying. At least rebalance the kits or loot from the chest.

Reactions: Hypixel Network

Aerlia

Dedicated Member
May 14, 2017
I agree. And maybe just diamond swords with sharpness 2 and not higher. Not that much golden apples, and yes, the armor is to good. But not only in Skywars, I hate it more in Eggwars. That swords.. armor.. You can buy 1 obsidian block for 1 gold. I just hate OP in every single game.

Twann

Dedicated Member
Oct 17, 2016
The Netherlands.
I agree. And maybe just diamond swords with sharpness 2 and not higher. Not that much golden apples, and yes, the armor is to good. But not only in Skywars, I hate it more in Eggwars. That swords.. armor.. You can buy 1 obsidian block for 1 gold. I just hate OP in every single game.
I agree with you i hate OP!! xD
Sharpness 4 for a diamond sword is too strong, but also the golden apples you get very much 3 stacks if it is not more.. xD

Reactions: Aerlia

RocketOG

Jun 7, 2017
Honestly I think its a nice treat when a donor joins and votes for OP because it dosent happen all too often and its a different kind of challenge. Of course if you got OP all the time it might get boring since there isn't much challenge in getting decent gear.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Honestly I think its a nice treat when a donor joins and votes for OP because it dosent happen all too often and its a different kind of challenge. Of course if you got OP all the time it might get boring since there isn't much challenge in getting decent gear.

Dunno if treats could count as always voting for OP. Although, it isn't much of an issue as it was a while back ago, I still find myself in continuous OP Skywars >.>

TriangleAttack

Dedicated Member
Mar 13, 2016
Lestallum
fireemblem.wikia.com
I agree with you and understand. You can basically live off golden apples on there. It's completely annoying.
I also never knew you could do .bans (player) that is amazing!
Also, what mod do you havery in the top left?

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
I absolutely despise OP Skywars. Whenever OP is selected (never my fault, I always vote against OP), everyone either bow spams or camps. And on the rare occasion that someone actually fights without bow spamming, it comes down to who has the most backup sets of gear and the most gapples. THIS IS NOT THE WAY SKYWARS IS MEANT TO BE PLAYED! Skywars is supposed to be a quick pvp gamemode that should end in around 10 minutes or less. OP takes that time and multiples it by about 6. I think OP should be changed so it fits the skywars feel more. The armor should be prot 3 and gapples should be reduced and notch apples should be only found in mid and there should only be one or two of them. I think the weapons should be kept the same, the sharp 4 diamond sword works pretty well to keep the game fast especially with the reduced protection. I also think punch bows should only be found at mid; power bows are fine at starting islands. Those are my suggestions to change OP so it is not as widely hated.

Reactions: DanDaDino

PleaseReferToMyRealSelf

Novice Member
Feb 20, 2017
a Winter Kyberland.
I really think it should be kept because some people really like it and it would make some people mad. I agree that too much OP voters can definitely be annoying but, maybe we could limit a player OP vote for:

2 OP Votes Per day - Diamond Rank
4 OP Votes Per day - Emerald Rank
6 OP Votes Per day - Obsidian Rank

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
I really think it should be kept because some people really like it and it would make some people mad. I agree that too much OP voters can definitely be annoying but, maybe we could limit a player OP vote for:

2 OP Votes Per day - Diamond Rank
4 OP Votes Per day - Emerald Rank
6 OP Votes Per day - Obsidian Rank
A vote limit wouldn't be good in my opinion, it would be frustrating for those who want op if they use their votes and still don't get the gamemode. My favourite idea at the moment would be to have 2 signs on the map board that always are op, while removing op from any other game. But I didn't really think this through, there might be a downside to it.

Also maybe op loottables can be made more enjoyable for everyone. I am not a huge fan of op anywhere, but op survival games is really playable and I had a lot of fun op sg games. I guess that is because the loottables for op sg were written after 1.9 was released.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Buy Rank. Vote Normal. Accept Your Loss.

Buy Rank. Vote Normal. 5 other donors vote OP. /leave. Enter new game. Vote normal. 3 new donors join, votes OP.

Great.

But that's not the point. OP Skywars is pretty much broken, and it's all about whoever doesn't get knocked off, or more golden apples.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Who Invented Jumpbridging/Mj Bridging?

I need help uncovering the history of Bedrocks Most popular Method
If you know any old time players that might know something contact me on my discord
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
My discord is : aviussabes​

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Res734's profile.
Happy Birthday have an awesome day today! ^-^
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on BladeBreakerMC's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Reesle wrote on Res734's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Reesle wrote on BladeBreakerMC's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂
Top Bottom