Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you like to see these edits happen to Pirates?

• Yes

Votes: 26 78.8%
  • No

Votes: 7 21.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheJeroen

Forum Veteran
Dec 6, 2015
the Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
Hello Arcade players!

With the new game Slime Survival being released, it also brought a total of 4 new maps! Although I personally have noticed, and can understand why, that the map Pirates in Slime Survival is never played that much.

I've seen a few players express their opinion why and I more then definitly understand why, wich is why this thread is created.

In the hopes of making Pirates a bit more popular again, I have an idea.
The ''rock islands'' on the map wich usually are about 5 - 10 blocks high, will for the most part be lowered so it will play more simular like Forest, a pretty popular map.

For those who don't know how Pirates looks, or how high the rocks are, here is a picture.
YZQeOXJ.png

So let me know if you guys like the idea of lowering most* of the platforms.
* Some of the islands will remain like they are but most will be editted if you guys like the sounds of it

And of course if you have any other possible ideas / changes, for the Pirates map, let me know.

Poll will close in 2 weeks (March 19th)

D

Deleted member 352903

There are some hidden places... and it's very hard for a slime to find humans.
I have no screenshot right now.

But I agree with editing this map.

SkyzZz

Novice Member
Aug 30, 2017
I haven't played this game yet, but I will check it out for people who play it I think that is awesome idea.

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
Voted no...
...because I don't agree with the suggested edits, however, I do agree that changes need to be made.
I love that map, nothing wrong with the height of the islands, slimes have player trackers for those last players, thing is, the map is very wide, an alternative to his suggestion would be to remove a few of those islands so to have a few open spaces just as the map toys and factory have, both those maps have empty areas as well as map elements that obstruct players view, more tunnels in those islands that are very big could also be an option.

Last edited:

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
The main issue with the map is the curvy nature of the paths. It's nearly impossible to get the right angle on someone as a slime, since the curvature of the islands/walls provides almost permanent cover for any player that more than 10 blocks away. Height of the islands is fine. They just need to be straighter.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
I share an Opinion with @Tacosbefriends
But not for the same reason
I agree it is too curvy
This kind of makes slime’s jobs a whole lot worse
A human can be almost constantly blocked by some block in the curvy wall and that will make the slime ball bounce away

Lowering them may help with this so i agree

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
Although right now 95% agrees, the poll will close in just a bit more then a week.
Please make sure to vote or leave feedback if you haven't done it yet.

95 % agrees that the map needs to be edited, however I'm skeptical that that 95 % agrees with the suggested changes.

Actually in my opinion the map is fine, also with the hidden places.
But I agree with editing this map
Height of the islands is fine. They just need to be straighter.
But I agree with editing this map.
One thing is sure, 95 % agrees the map needs to be changed but they didn't have any input on what changes they wanted, I have a feeling many voted yes to "make the map better" rather than "lower the height of the islands"

TheDarkSavage

Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2018
Who knows?
www.cubecraft.net
Hello Arcade players!

With the new game Slime Survival being released, it also brought a total of 4 new maps! Although I personally have noticed, and can understand why, that the map Pirates in Slime Survival is never played that much.

I've seen a few players express their opinion why and I more then definitly understand why, wich is why this thread is created.

The ''rock islands'' on the map wich usually are about 5 - 10 blocks high, will for the most part be lowered so it will play more simular like Forest, a pretty popular map.

For those who don't know how Pirates looks, or how high the rocks are, here is a picture.
YZQeOXJ.png

* Some of the islands will remain like they are but most will be editted if you guys like the sounds of it

And of course if you have any other possible ideas / changes, for the Pirates map, let me know.

It would be nice for you to work on your spelling/grammar. And yes, I know that I probably used improper grammar there :P

TheDarkSavage

Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2018
Who knows?
www.cubecraft.net
95 % agrees that the map needs to be edited, however I'm skeptical that that 95 % agrees with the suggested changes.

One thing is sure, 95 % agrees the map needs to be changed but they didn't have any input on what changes they wanted, I have a feeling many voted yes to "make the map better" rather than "lower the height of the islands"

I Couldn't have said it better myself unless I spent a lot of time on it.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Hello Arcade players!

YZQeOXJ.png

I actually think it would be a good idea to add some more details and shape to the rocks, add andesite, cobblestone and slabs ;)

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
I think it would be nice to have more big elements to the map, less islands, more height, more structures.
Let me explain this with two potatoes:
potato.png

Now (leftt) After (right)
Yelllow = sand
Green = "islands" higher land
Brown = Pirate builds like pirate ships, chests, canons, taverns, broken masts.....
Changes:
More open spaces, better for slimes, survivors still have the space to run around, more places to "hide" but since the hiding spots are obvious (pirate ship) players will still prefer to run around.
I think it goes without saying that my potatoes are not accurate representations of what the map should look like, more to illustrate the possible elements/attributes I could see being implemented as changes for the existing "pirates" map.

It would be nice for you to work on your spelling/grammar. And yes, I know that I probably used improper grammar there :p
Please do not double post, there is an edit button under your comment for a reason, please post messages that are relevant to the thread.
What is important is what the players are saying not how the players are saying it. For many people, English is a second language, or they haven't learnt to speak it yet. Either way, it is better to show some leniency towards other peoples grammar and focus more on the topic of discussion at hand rather than derailing the thread.

Unipotatoo

Jun 21, 2017
United States
aerosurvival.com
Hello Arcade players!

YZQeOXJ.png

I love the map and see nothing wrong with it :/

TheJeroen

Forum Veteran
Dec 6, 2015
the Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
Alright it's time to let you guys know what will most likely be editted to the map.

- To start off with the changes, in the new version there will be less islands. This should hopefully give more open spaces.
- I won't just pick an island and remove it, I will most likely copy and existing island and place it at a new location.
- There barriers on top of the palm trees will be removed. I doubt it's that hard to hit someone as slime on top of a tree so that's why barriers on the trees will be removed in the new map.
- As mentioned in my personal opinion, SOME of the islands will be lowered. Do keep in mind that this won't be all island. A lot of people, both in this thread and in-game didn't think height was THE problem. That's why only a very small amount of islands will be lowered. Most of them will keep their current height.
- I will remove a few of the existing hiding spots and add new ones (or new ones to enter the existing spots). The hiding spots that will be removed will be the barrel and the 2 caves in the islands. And don't panic, new ones will be added. (if you would like to see these spots remain then let me know why).
ByRDUVm.png

U2P0Muz.png

czUv24e.png
- I will be adding just a few houses adjacent, or on top of the islands as currently it's mostly just the same decorations.
- And just for the visual effect of the map, I will change one of the ships to have dark grey sails. This way you know what side of the map you are on and it just looks cool lol

I have just started on the new map wich means it's by far everything but done.
So if there is anything you still don't agree with, or would like to see changed let me know.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
C95689C6-C73E-40B4-9CD7-76C479A7E2D5.png

Here’s my son, I made him in biology today! Say hi to Jimothy!
UncleSpect wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Desiderata wrote on savina875's profile.
thabks 4 folow
UncleSpect wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
hoiii cas bearr
Top Bottom