Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Implement?

• Maybe (comment some your improvement / opinions)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Grimmay

Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2016
a Pleb Family
www.youtube.com
A month or two ago I made a "Massive Suggestion Thread" with a multidtude of different suggestions for a variety of different games (old and new). I was intending to make a follow up thread on the most 'well received' idea, however School work took priority, until the thread was forgotten. I decided to make today the day to create the thread I said I would. If you wish to read my original thread, please view the following link:

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/massive-suggestion-thread.190970/
and if you like it, then feel free to like it (wink wink). But don't reply to it as it would count as NecroPosting.

The idea with the most votes turned out to be the Obstacle Course (as shown in the title of this Thread), so today I will be trying to show you what I mean by this idea.

What is the game?:

Obstacle course is a game where players are set to navigate their way through a challenging map. There is a start and a finish (like a race), however there are various obstacles in the way to stop players from reaching the end. If you are familiar with the TV show "Total Wipeout", then you should understand the main idea.

There would be between 2 and 4 rounds, each increasing in difficulty. The players which reach the end of each round the fastest will progress to the next stage, the others are eliminated.

The obstacles could consist of 'Sucker Punch Walls', this could be recreated using Pistons and Redstone. The players have to walk along a 1 block line, without being hit off by the pistons flying out in front and behind them. More obstacles are explained throughout this thread.

2 Versions:

I had two ideas on how the game could be carried out:

1) Everyone completes the course at the same time, this means that there could be unit collision, combat (such as punching), and also extra chaos throughout the game.

2) Timed Stages. Each player will separately complete the course, their times will be recorded and only the top 3 players in each stage will get through to the final round.

Personally, I think the first version would be a lot faster, the second once would just take way too long, but could be useful for the final round.

Modes:

This game was intended to be a solo game. A single player will have to go up against their opponents in the race, and each round the players that took the longest will be eliminated.

There could also be a team mode, where each player has to reach the end for the whole team to progress to the next stage.

Obstacles:

Sucker Punch:

Players will walk along a 1 block bridge, on their side is a wall of blocks. Behind selective blocks there are pistons, these pistons push out the blocks, pushing the player off of the bridge (either eliminating them or making them start the stage again). The timing of when the blocks come out is random, and the duration of how long they stay out for is also random.

Tight Rope:

Players will be set to walk across a 1 block pole. this pole can go left and right, meaning you can't just walk straight along. To make this hard, players could be given a high level of speed, shifting will make them restart the stage/ be eliminated. There could also be flying arrows or nausea effects.

Big Red Balls:

This was a classic part of the TV series, however I feel we can change this to the Big Green Balls using Slime Blocks. There are three balls, ranging in size, players must jump from one to another without taking damage or falling in the water. I recommend 3 massive balls, each ranging in size.

Fly and Grab:

Players are given a stick which when clicked will propel them forward, they then need to grab onto some kind of ladder or vine to stop them falling into the water (which could make them restart or eliminate them).

Maze:

Players could be given the choice to go through 3 doors, each door will have a different outcome, but only 1 will let them continue freely. If you open the wrong door, you could be frozen still, adding precious time to the round. Another idea could be to add potion effects, so if you choose the wrong door, you could get slowness, speed, nausea or jump boost.

Fish Fish Shark:

There is a large Pool of water with a shark swimming through the middle. Each player is given Depth Strider (or slowness/speed), and a Shark (possible Zombie's) are in the middle. The players need to get through the Pool without getting eaten by the shark. Each player that gets eaten will turn into a shark.

Is it a Bird? Is it a Plane?:

Players will have to run through an area with items such as TNT, Sand, Obsidian and Potion effects dropping on them. To get through this stage you must get to the end without getting hit.

Silver Fish Scamper:

Players will have to make their way across a bridge with silverfish coming for them. Players are given a knockback stick to knock the silver fish (but not other players) off the edge.

Parkour:

Pretty simple to be honest, the players need to complete parkour to get to the next stage. If you fall, you try again.

Let's go fishing!:

Players are given a boat and have to make their way through white water rapids, be careful, or else your boat may sink with water eliminating you!

Lava Floor:

Make your way across an area with lava appearing beneath your feet, if you fall, you burn.
Toasted Minecraft Players! Mmmmmm, taste like marshmallows.

Lava Run:

Lava is flowing down above you, run before it engulfs and burns you!

Elytra parkour:

Fly through hoops, increasing in speed as you go, to get to the next stage.

TNT Jump:

TNT is spawned in specific places to create a suitable explosion to blast you across the map. Make the jump or try it again.

Ladder Jump:

Leap from one ladder to another, each jump increases in difficulty. If you fall, you restart.

Cactus Jones:

Navigate your way through a Cactus Maze, if you take damage by a cactus, you restart.

Invisible Block bridge:

Walk along a bridge which you can't see, there are holes in random places so try not to fall.

Stairway to heaven:

Run up a a 4 wide stair way without walking (shifting or walking will make you restart), there are random holes which make you fall to your death.

Dropper:

Jump from the top and don't hit blocks on your way down.

Walking Dead:

Get chased by zombies, but don't get infected.

Kits:

I don't really think kits could work with this, but you can have 2 main kits. Both of these kits would be free to try and keep it fair.

1) Ticket out: You get the choice to skip one, and only one obstacle.

2) Head Start: Get a 15 second headstart on everyone else.

I will be updating this thread with more ideas of mine, and yours, so feel free to leave a comment!

Thanks for Reading!

Edit: After reading this whole thread, most of the ideas could also work for Minerware :p

Last edited:

AnimalTamer1

Forum Veteran
Jun 26, 2016
I really love this idea as a game being added to Cubecraft. It has such a unique and well thought out addition that could bring another type of adventure to the server!
2 Versions:
As for the versions you mentioned, maybe they could combine them in a way. Like they time the players as they run through the course and have a top 5 times or something, while having the players all run at the same time just without the player combat added. I think these challenges are fairly challenging as they are, added player combat could be interesting or make it too difficult.
I also think having a team mode on top of solo, as you suggested, could really be thouroughly enjoyable and interesting as players then are forced to rely on others to succeed, instead of simply relying on their own skill.
I think all of the various obstacles are all very unique and wide ranging qhen it comes to the skills they each require to complete. One that I feel could be tweaked is Dropper, by making them avoid the obstacles and land in a one block water area (or something a bit bigger) which teleports them to the next obstacle, but thats just an idea.
I truly feel this is a wonderful and unique idea. I would love to see this one added, although I do not know how hard that would be to do. Either way, great suggestion! (:

Reactions: Grimmay

ToastO_O

Sep 7, 2016
Egypt
A month or two ago I made a "Massive Suggestion Thread" with a multidtude of different suggestions for a variety of different games (old and new). I was intending to make a follow up thread on the most 'well received' idea, however School work took priority, until the the thread was forgotten. I decided to make today the day to create the thread I said I would. If you wish to read my original thread, please view the following link:

and if you like it, then feel free to like it (wink wink). But don't reply to it as it would count as NecroPosting.

The idea with the most votes turned out to be the Obstacle Course (as shown in the title of this Thread), so today I will be trying to show you what I mean by this idea.

What is the game?:

Obstacle course is a game where players are set to navigate their way through a challenging map. There is a start and a finish (like a race), however there are various obstacles in the way to stop players from reaching the end. If you are familiar with the TV show "Total Wipeout", then you should understand the main idea.

There would be between 2 and 4 rounds, each increasing in difficulty. The players which reach the end of each round the fastest will progress to the next stage, the others are eliminated.

The obstacles could consist of 'Sucker Punch Walls', this could be recreated using Pistons and Redstone. The players have to walk along a 1 block line, without being hit off by the pistons flying out in front and behind them. More obstacles are explained throughout this thread.

2 Versions:

1) Everyone completes the course at the same time, this means that there could be unit collision, combat (such as punching), and also extra chaos throughout the game.

2) Timed Stages. Each player will separately complete the course, their times will be recorded and only the top 3 players in each stage will get through to the final round.

Personally, I think the first version would be a lot faster, the second once would just take way too long, but could be useful for the final round.

Modes:

This game was intended to be a solo game. A single player will have to go up against their opponents in the race, and each round the players that took the longest will be eliminated.

There could also be a team mode, where each player has to reach the end for the whole team to progress to the next stage.

Obstacles:

Sucker Punch:

Players will walk along a 1 block bridge, on their side is a wall of blocks. Behind selective blocks there are pistons, these pistons push out the blocks, pushing the player off of the bridge (either eliminating them or making them start the stage again). The timing of when the blocks come out is random, and the duration of how long they stay out for is also random.

Tight Rope:

Players will be set to walk across a 1 block pole. this pole can go left and right, meaning you can't just walk straight along. To make this hard, players could be given a high level of speed, shifting will make them restart the stage/ be eliminated. There could also be flying arrows or nausea effects.

Big Red Balls:

This was a classic part of the TV series, however I feel we can change this to the Big Green Balls using Slime Blocks. There are three balls, ranging in size, players must jump from one to another without taking damage or falling in the water. I recommend 3 massive balls, each ranging in size.

Fly and Grab:

Players are given a stick which when clicked will propel them forward, they then need to grab onto some kind of ladder or vine to stop them falling into the water (which could make them restart or eliminate them).

Maze:

Players could be given the choice to go through 3 doors, each door will have a different outcome, but only 1 will let them continue freely. If you open the wrong door, you could be frozen still, adding precious time to the round. Another idea could be to add potion effects, so if you choose the wrong door, you could get slowness, speed, nausea or jump boost.

Fish Fish Shark:

There is a large Pool of water with a shark swimming through the middle. Each player is given Depth Strider (or slowness/speed), and a Shark (possible Zombie's) are in the middle. The players need to get through the Pool without getting eaten by the shark. Each player that gets eaten will turn into a shark.

Players will have to run through an area with items such as TNT, Sand, Obsidian and Potion effects dropping on them. To get through this stage you must get to the end without getting hit.

Silver Fish Scamper:

Players will have to make their way across a bridge with silverfish coming for them. Players are given a knockback stick to knock the silver fish (but not other players) off the edge.

Parkour:

Pretty simple to be honest, the players need to complete parkour to get to the next stage. If you fall, you try again.

Let's go fishing!:

Players are given a boat and have to make their way through white water rapids, be careful, or else your boat may sink with water eliminating you!

Lava Floor:

Make your way across an area with lava appearing beneath your feet, if you fall, you burn.

Lava Run:

Elytra parkour:

TNT Jump:

TNT is spawned in specific places to create a suitable explosion to blast you across the map. Make the jump or try it again.

Ladder Jump:

Leap from one ladder to another, each jump increases in difficulty. If you fall, you restart.

Cactus Jones:

Navigate your way through a Cactus Maze, if you take damage by a cactus, you restart.

Invisible Block bridge:

Walk along a bridge which you can't see, there are holes in random places so try not to fall.

Stairway to heaven:

Run up a a 4 wide stair way without walking (shifting or walking will make you restart), there are random holes which make you fall to your death.

Dropper:

Walking Dead:

Kits:

I don't really think kits could work with this, but you can have 2 main kits. Both of these kits would be free to try and keep it fair.

I will be updating this thread with more ideas of mine, and yours, so feel free to leave a comment!

Thanks for Reading!

Edit: After reading this whole thread, most of the ideas could also work for Minerware :p

Really like the idea and as you said this can be for the minigame Mineware I'd like to see these ideas in Mineware because it will be really fun and i can't wait to play them though...

lars.l

Novice Member
Nov 27, 2016
A month or two ago I made a "Massive Suggestion Thread" with a multidtude of different suggestions for a variety of different games (old and new). I was intending to make a follow up thread on the most 'well received' idea, however School work took priority, until the thread was forgotten. I decided to make today the day to create the thread I said I would. If you wish to read my original thread, please view the following link:

What is the game?:

2 Versions:

googd idea

Modes:

Obstacles:

Sucker Punch:

Tight Rope:

Big Red Balls:

Fly and Grab:

Maze:

Fish Fish Shark:

Silver Fish Scamper:

Parkour:

Let's go fishing!:

Lava Floor:

Lava Run:

Elytra parkour:

TNT Jump:

Ladder Jump:

Cactus Jones:

Invisible Block bridge:

Stairway to heaven:

Dropper:

Walking Dead:

Kits:

Thanks for Reading!

good idea

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Heya, after a good while years having not appreciated sleep a lot, have I learned things. I have most of the times seen it as a hindrance to things such as relations and projects. But after years I realised that you need to sleep to be well. Both physically and mentally. When I also realized that I could work better and more efficiently, did I try to get more sleep. That reminds me, I need to sleep now hah XD
Eli wrote on marshduck11's profile.
I like your profile picture
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Thank you so mush for everything

I know i am late bc i didn't realize that you have left the team sadly we see the better one go ..
Will be announcing the giveaway winner within the next 2 hours or so.
Reesle wrote on Cloudiefly's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂 ☁️
Top Bottom