• No

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

Starry

Forum Expert
Oct 24, 2016
Belgium
Hi Cubes,

So we all know you can follow people on this forum. But, at the moment there is no use to follow someone except for the fact that the person you follow gets a new follower. So I thought, why don’t you get notifications from people you follow. For example if someone updated their status or changed their profile picture. I think this is a good addition, let me know what you think about this.

Also added a poll so you can vote.

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
Hi Cubes,

So we all know you can follow people on this forum. But, at the moment there is no use to follow someone except for the fact that the person you follow gets a new follower. So I thought, why don’t you get notifications from people you follow. For example if someone updated their status or changed their profile picture. I think this is a good addition, let me know what you think about this.

Also added a poll so you can vote.
xd I thought about this the other day. Following someone does literally nothing besides giving someone internet points. I like the idea of receiving a message when someone updates their profile (@Bruni this would've been helpful lol). I'd also like to get notified whenever someone I follow posts a thread for example.
Alerting whenever someone you follow makes a new post would kinda be overkill, but I guess that if it'd be toggleable I'd use it for at least some of those I follow.
yesplz.

RickDeKlomp

Forum Expert
Jun 11, 2017
The Netherlands
Not sure about this. True, following doesn't have any use. But let's say you follow 200-300 people, your notification box might be spammed. Besides, no need to get a notification when someone updates their status, because you can already check it : "New Profile Posts"

Reactions: Critly

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
Not sure about this. True, following doesn't have any use. But let's say you follow 200-300 people, your notification box might be spammed. Besides, no need to get a notification when someone updates their status, because you can already check it : "New Profile Posts"
Then you might wanna reconsider who you wanna follow or not? It should indeed be toggleable, but if you're not interested in the messages someone posts, why follow them in the first place?

Critly

Forum Expert
May 23, 2018
Poland but live in Belgium
True, but if they add a option that u can choose from what player u want to get notifications. It would maybe help, and maybe a cool down as well? That it don't get spammed. And btw if they wouldn't add a cool down or a choose options. Then I'm not sure about this.

RickDeKlomp

Forum Expert
Jun 11, 2017
The Netherlands
Then you might wanna reconsider who you wanna follow or not? It should indeed be toggleable, but if you're not interested in the messages someone posts, why follow them in the first place?
I follow the ones who I think deserve it. And why do you follow people?

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
True, but if they add a option that u can choose from what player u want to get notifications. It would maybe help, and maybe a cool down as well? That it don't get spammed. And btw if they wouldn't add a cool down or a choose options. Then I'm not sure about this.
A cooldown isn't really necessary. I just only really agree with this idea if it's toggleable because I am actually interested in the people who I follow and if not, I would unfollow them. If it is toggleable, your inbox will be kinda spammed, but it will be from the ones you follow/are interested in. So the spam won't be really bad.

Shomita

Dec 29, 2016
Perú
There should be an option to be able to choose the accounts we want to receive notifications.

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
I follow the ones who I think deserve it. And why do you follow people?
"Whom I think deserve it" bruh like your follow is worth anything, no offence, but it isn't much.
I follow people when I like their personality and their messages they post on here, or outside of the forums. Pretty much the reasons why you'd follow someone on any social media platform, or in real life for that matter. I don't think I'm the odd one out in this.

This may come across as a bit offensive, trust me I don't mean it in that way. I just feel like this suggestion would add a lot to the forums, + enhance activity. I get that following a lot of people might cause issues, but that's why it should be toggleable. I'm not judging on the way you decide to follow people, do whatever you want. But the essention of "following" someone really just boils down to "tracing someone's actions". I don't see why you'd wanna follow someone if you're not interested in their actions.

At the moment, the follow button is one of the most useless buttons on the whole forums, it only gives you status and internet points. I don't care about that on a forums filled with people I don't know personally, and I believe it'd be healthy for others to not care about that either.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy Birthday, cool Forums member!! 🥳✨
Reesle wrote on xEefster's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂
UncleSpect wrote on _EliteDavy's profile.
thank you for the follow my friend! 🎈
JokeKaedee wrote on xEefster's profile.
Happy birthday, Eef <3
Thank you all for your sweet birthday wishes 💕
Top Bottom