Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Kristo

Jul 12, 2016
his computer chair
www.youtube.com
Hello,
I know that many people dislike 1.9 pvp because I agree it is very different from what most players are used to and that it 1.8 pvp which is basically were you have no delay.
CubeCraft is pretty great to have 1.8 modes for players who haven't adapted to the 1.9 pvp yet so I will give some of those 1.8 players some pointers and same with 1.9 pvpers who don't consider themselves as good.

Tip #1: Make sure you don't spam
- Making sure you don't spam is a hard thing to do if you are used to 1.8 pvp and I recommend that you put on the crosshair so you can see when you can do full damage
- Spamming is necessary if you have someone near a cliff and you can knock them off by spamming like in Egg Wars or Sky Wars if someone is like 3-4 blocks away from the edge of the island then SPAM and knock them off.

Tip #2: Sword or Axe
- Want the sword? If you want to use the sword well that's same with me, I like using the sword because it gets a shorter delay and it is so much easier for beginners to adapt to it. The sword is a fast attacker but it has is disadvantages as it does much less damage. If you are using the sword I recommend using the circle strategy this strategy is when you jump in circles around your opponent while hitting them, this will confuse your opponent and make him miss a lot of attacks while you get a lot more hits. This works very well against people with axes.

- Want the axe? If you want to use the axe that is also a good choice because of all the damage it does. I do recommend that you use the sword till you are used to it first because the axe has a much larger delay than the sword. A good strategy for the axe is moving a lot, I know it is similar to the circle strategy but with the axe you have a longer delay which means you have to attack slower. What you should do and go in on your opponent and attack them with the axe and if they are moving fast and you can't get a hit off them then run a few blocks away and then charge in on them when they are least expecting it and this will allow you to get some easy hits and while the delay is on you should move fast t dodge attacks.

Tip #3: Practice makes perfect
- Obviously practice will make you better because I think everyone has heard it but there are some ways you can practice
- If you have a friend: Then you can practice with them a few times a day and just try to not go in 1.8 pvp games
- If you have no friends: If you have no friends at all then you can just try to find one I guess or if you suck at that you could just go to the pvp game in Cubecraft and then play some games of pvp with other people

Tip #4: If other people replied some good ideas then try out what they said and it might help as well.

Tip #5: Don't rage
- Although many people rage it is better to not rage because it will just make you think you are bad at pvp when you are not
- If someone does call you a noob then like me you should be proud you are a noob because everyone is a noob because everyone has something to learn about Minecraft
-Noob also means a beginner so...umm yea

I hope this helped you guys if it didn't reply why it didn't help!
Make sure to reply any other good strategies if you know them
Thanks, Kristo

Mr_Riolu_

Dedicated Member
Aug 6, 2016
Treasure town :D
Hello,
I know that many people dislike 1.9 pvp because I agree it is very different from what most players are used to and that it 1.8 pvp which is basically were you have no delay.
CubeCraft is pretty great to have 1.8 modes for players who haven't adapted to the 1.9 pvp yet so I will give some of those 1.8 players some pointers and same with 1.9 pvpers who don't consider themselves as good.

Tip #1: Make sure you don't spam
- Making sure you don't spam is a hard thing to do if you are used to 1.8 pvp and I recommend that you put on the crosshair so you can see when you can do full damage
- Spamming is necessary if you have someone near a cliff and you can knock them off by spamming like in Egg Wars or Sky Wars if someone is like 3-4 blocks away from the edge of the island then SPAM and knock them off.

Tip #2: Sword or Axe
- Want the sword? If you want to use the sword well that's same with me, I like using the sword because it gets a shorter delay and it is so much easier for beginners to adapt to it. The sword is a fast attacker but it has is disadvantages as it does much less damage. If you are using the sword I recommend using the circle strategy this strategy is when you jump in circles around your opponent while hitting them, this will confuse your opponent and make him miss a lot of attacks while you get a lot more hits. This works very well against people with axes.

- Want the axe? If you want to use the axe that is also a good choice because of all the damage it does. I do recommend that you use the sword till you are used to it first because the axe has a much larger delay than the sword. A good strategy for the axe is moving a lot, I know it is similar to the circle strategy but with the axe you have a longer delay which means you have to attack slower. What you should do and go in on your opponent and attack them with the axe and if they are moving fast and you can't get a hit off them then run a few blocks away and then charge in on them when they are least expecting it and this will allow you to get some easy hits and while the delay is on you should move fast t dodge attacks.

Tip #3: Practice makes perfect
- Obviously practice will make you better because I think everyone has heard it but there are some ways you can practice
- If you have a friend: Then you can practice with them a few times a day and just try to not go in 1.8 pvp games
- If you have no friends: If you have no friends at all then you can just try to find one I guess or if you suck at that you could just go to the pvp game in Cubecraft and then play some games of pvp with other people

Tip #4: If other people replied some good ideas then try out what they said and it might help as well.

Tip #5: Don't rage
- Although many people rage it is better to not rage because it will just make you think you are bad at pvp when you are not
- If someone does call you a noob then like me you should be proud you are a noob because everyone is a noob because everyone has something to learn about Minecraft
-Noob also means a beginner so...umm yea

I hope this helped you guys if it didn't reply why it didn't help!
Make sure to reply any other good strategies if you know them
Thanks, Kristo
Nice guide o/ also make sure to wait until the bar on your screen fills up ;)

TitanKronos

Mar 19, 2016
Proxima Centauri
Actually I kind of love 1.9 Pvp better than 1.8 as other players will not spam their attacks.
And, you can actually spam your sword if it has knock back enchantment to knock players off the platform, such as using the samurai kit on a rooftop

Twann

Dedicated Member
Oct 17, 2016
The Netherlands.
The beauty of 1.9 PvP: When you get combo'd, you can always get them back, while in 1.8 (especially 1.7) PvP, when you get combo'd, you have a hard time getting them back!
You got that absolutely right! 1.9 you can get always a combo and there is hardly any knockback in 1.8 is quite difficult!

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
To knock someone off, you can also use the zig zag method that we all learnt from our PvP teacher,
This thread is really helpful to many people though! :)
I did that combo a lot before I took a break (had to review that technique when I came back). It's because you get a better angle and you can take advantage of both his loss of control and momentum while you choose where you land a follow-up hit. The result is knockback produced in front of his character instead of to the side.

I taught that myself since 1.9 was released, slowly refining it until I got it down. Others probably used the same technique.

Oh, and another tip: be careful of hackers and you'll need good hit accuracy to beat minigames.

Last edited:
U

Unipotato

Thanks for posting this! I know that it will help a lot of people.

Henkle

Novice Member
Dec 18, 2016
your mom lmao xDDD
www.nsa.gov
I only realized my love for 1.9 PvP when I beat a guy who had full iron + diamond sword while I had nothing but a stone sword in eggwars
1.8 PvP is more based around items and click speeds.
1.9 PvP is mainly skill-based.

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

I just logged on and just saw all these messages, sorry for not seeing them earlier, Tysm guys!
Screenshot 2024-04-27 012708.png

what-? I won 1st place but then got 2nd place...?
GiGaGekkies wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday
Playing SkyBlock with my boyfriend almost feels like therapy. Just chilling around and finishing quests :))))
Basketman wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow Pro Rocket player.
Top Bottom