Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
I loove 1.9 PvP and am really good at it.
But i loove to play 1.8 eggwars and get all the combos :P

Rolson

Jan 4, 2017
;Gold: Minecraft_Rolson ;Applying for helper; If you need help with 1.9 pvp ask me for help! If i dont give you very good advice try asking someone else.

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
I loove 1.9 PvP and am really good at it.
But i loove to play 1.8 eggwars and get all the combos :p
Thats the problem i cant 1.8 because comboing is to hard for me, also theres no skill its just swing away

1.9 takes skill and coordination those who can do that effectively are very good pvpers

Reactions: Deeds

SSirus

Jan 5, 2017
I prefer swords over axes because you can get much more combos and it allows for greater maneuverability. However axes is great for training your click accuracy and is useful when you are slowed or are in bad terrain.

Park_Bom

Jan 5, 2017
I like 1.9 than 1.8 because 1.8 is click speed and my finger gets tired thats why i like 1.9 than 1.8 :)
Greetings

-Park_Bom

justin2001plays

Aug 25, 2016
In 1.9, you will have more chances to take down killaura hackers.
Edit: Sorry for necroposting. I thought this is a recent thread.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
In 1.9, you will have more chances to take down killaura hackers.
Depends. In theory, yes because you can walk closer but in practice, no. In practice, they can still kill you just as fast as in 1.8. Your only options against hackers are:
-using the bow, fire-based weapons, and or dead bodies as meatshields in SG
-teaming with someone against the hacker (still not as likely)

Reactions: CommunistCactus

justin2001plays

Aug 25, 2016
Depends. In theory, yes because you can walk closer but in practice, no. In practice, they can still kill you just as fast as in 1.8. Your only options against hackers are:
-using the bow, fire-based weapons, and or dead bodies as meatshields in SG
-teaming with someone against the hacker (still not as likely)
Actually if you wanna kill a hacker, it is not that hard. As long as they just have KillAura not those OP auras such as TPAura. To get them, you have to be more stacked than them. I killed some hackers in eggwars OP mode. My strategy is to bring 3 sets of protection V leather while they have only one set (hackers are stupid, they do not think of this strat). If you are good at 1.9, fight them usually, try to trade hits with them. If not, use the spam hit strategy, this will break their armor faster. Once their helmet or boots break, go for the swings.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Actually if you wanna kill a hacker, it is not that hard. As long as they just have KillAura not those OP auras such as TPAura. To get them, you have to be more stacked than them. I killed some hackers in eggwars OP mode. My strategy is to bring 3 sets of protection V leather while they have only one set (hackers are stupid, they do not think of this strat). If you are good at 1.9, fight them usually, try to trade hits with them. If not, use the spam hit strategy, this will break their armor faster. Once their helmet or boots break, go for the swings.
They will always get more hits off you thanks to their perfect timings (kill aura). It depends largely on the gamemode, their hacks, and what equipment you have. Some hackers are smart enough to carry more equipment but probably won't use secondaries.

Reactions: justin2001plays

justin2001plays

Aug 25, 2016
They will always get more hits off you thanks to their perfect timings (kill aura). It depends largely on the gamemode, their hacks, and what equipment you have. Some hackers are smart enough to carry more equipment but probably won't use secondaries.
Yup, they will get more hits. I just have to hit slightly faster than the cooldown. I agree that smart hackers will most likely win since they know what they are doing. We have to be smart about that too. It really depends on the gamemode, since you will have more chance to defeat them in OP mode but not in hardcore. You just have to be more stacked than them to beat them. :)

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Yup, they will get more hits. I just have to hit slightly faster than the cooldown. I agree that smart hackers will most likely win since they know what they are doing. We have to be smart about that too. It really depends on the gamemode, since you will have more chance to defeat them in OP mode but not in hardcore. You just have to be more stacked than them to beat them. :)
The only way to defeat them in eggwars with minimal damage is to rush them and then kill them before they can get weapons and armor. I broke his egg first and was lucky to permanently kill a hacker before he got a sword (he rushed to mid right away)

TK_Forest

Sep 9, 2016
UK
bit.ly
Hello,
I know that many people dislike 1.9 pvp because I agree it is very different from what most players are used to and that it 1.8 pvp which is basically were you have no delay.
CubeCraft is pretty great to have 1.8 modes for players who haven't adapted to the 1.9 pvp yet so I will give some of those 1.8 players some pointers and same with 1.9 pvpers who don't consider themselves as good.

Tip #1: Make sure you don't spam
- Making sure you don't spam is a hard thing to do if you are used to 1.8 pvp and I recommend that you put on the crosshair so you can see when you can do full damage
- Spamming is necessary if you have someone near a cliff and you can knock them off by spamming like in Egg Wars or Sky Wars if someone is like 3-4 blocks away from the edge of the island then SPAM and knock them off.

Tip #2: Sword or Axe
- Want the sword? If you want to use the sword well that's same with me, I like using the sword because it gets a shorter delay and it is so much easier for beginners to adapt to it. The sword is a fast attacker but it has is disadvantages as it does much less damage. If you are using the sword I recommend using the circle strategy this strategy is when you jump in circles around your opponent while hitting them, this will confuse your opponent and make him miss a lot of attacks while you get a lot more hits. This works very well against people with axes.

- Want the axe? If you want to use the axe that is also a good choice because of all the damage it does. I do recommend that you use the sword till you are used to it first because the axe has a much larger delay than the sword. A good strategy for the axe is moving a lot, I know it is similar to the circle strategy but with the axe you have a longer delay which means you have to attack slower. What you should do and go in on your opponent and attack them with the axe and if they are moving fast and you can't get a hit off them then run a few blocks away and then charge in on them when they are least expecting it and this will allow you to get some easy hits and while the delay is on you should move fast t dodge attacks.

Tip #3: Practice makes perfect
- Obviously practice will make you better because I think everyone has heard it but there are some ways you can practice
- If you have a friend: Then you can practice with them a few times a day and just try to not go in 1.8 pvp games
- If you have no friends: If you have no friends at all then you can just try to find one I guess or if you suck at that you could just go to the pvp game in Cubecraft and then play some games of pvp with other people

Tip #4: If other people replied some good ideas then try out what they said and it might help as well.

Tip #5: Don't rage
- Although many people rage it is better to not rage because it will just make you think you are bad at pvp when you are not
- If someone does call you a noob then like me you should be proud you are a noob because everyone is a noob because everyone has something to learn about Minecraft
-Noob also means a beginner so...umm yea

I hope this helped you guys if it didn't reply why it didn't help!
Make sure to reply any other good strategies if you know them
Thanks, Kristo

Also a tip i tell my friends is to try and make your opponents miss their hit if they are using an axe.
This helps loads because they have the delay again and you can get maybe 2 more hits on them.

justin2001plays

Aug 25, 2016
The only way to defeat them in eggwars with minimal damage is to rush them and then kill them before they can get weapons and armor. I broke his egg first and was lucky to permanently kill a hacker before he got a sword (he rushed to mid right away)
I was talking about OP mode. You can use that strat in normal or hardcore mode.

Reactions: Kumungu

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
Spam hit doesn't break armour faster. Armour damage is all about damage taken (hence why strength I/II helps armour break quicker), so just hit with full swings, there is no faster way to break their armour.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Spam hit doesn't break armour faster. Armour damage is all about damage taken (hence why strength I/II helps armour break quicker), so just hit with full swings, there is no faster way to break their armour.
Correct, but the question now is if that mechanic is in this server. Every hit however always takes off at least 1 armor durability point, so the minimum armor damage you can deal is 2 per second.

I will run more tests this week and come back with results.

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
Correct, but the question now is if that mechanic is in this server.
It is, myself and SwiftySwoo did an experiment in duels. We each had 2 protection 4 iron sets, sharpness III iron swords, regeneration and resistance as infinite potion effects. I spam clicked him throughout and he hit me with full swings, by the time most of my armour broke (1 full set and the helmet and boots of my 2nd set), his first helmet just broke.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

we want cubecraft 2023 :(
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #40-
Walt Disney currently holds the most Academy Awards. Till now, Disney won 26 Oscars. Disney is nominated a grand total of 59 times!
Eli wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow!!!
Eli
"What say you?" said he, the abyss did not respond back.
Top Bottom