Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

LonelyNartyta

Apr 10, 2017
Catalonia
Personally haven't had any experience with falsely being banned by Sentinel, but I've seen people complain about it on the forums. So if that is a problem it should be priority number 1 without a doubt.

How does one even proof there were no hacks involved? You could be punished to the extreme for nothing, while the real hackers are going to town on Cube.
Well, I have seen people with a lot of lag trying to fight someone and then ... BAN >:v

Reactions: Ronzo

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
Pretty much the conclusion is that CubeCraft should stop adding things we didn't ask for and start adding things we do want and if I'm right there is one developer for Sentinel? So it's not like they can all focus more on that.
Sure a new game or update out of nowhere that nobody asked for might be fun because who knows what ideas they got that we don't. Maybe it'll actually be good one time. But we don't want another Eggwars Experimental Game or another Battle Zone update or a sidebar in Duels that tells things you can look up with one click on tab.

Quetzi

Jun 7, 2017
@quetzi
quetzi.tv
Now if only there was a way to give feedback about experimental modes...

Capture.PNG

If you don't like a particular experiment, vote accordingly, it's something we take notice of. The whole point of these experiments is to try out new things, some will be good, some won't be. I'm struggling to see where your suggestion is here though, get rid of no void? Sure, we'll do that or not based on the feedback we get. In the meantime if you really don't like the maps you could just not play them and play regular EggWars instead.

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
Now if only there was a way to also say what you did and didn't like about the game so management would know what to change and what not to change.
Oh wait.. there is: the forums.
And oh wait.. people are already doing that.
And oh wait a little bit more: management is complaining about people doing this..

Quetzi

Jun 7, 2017
@quetzi
quetzi.tv
Except that isn't what this thread is...nor is it the concern I was addressing. Thread asks for a game mode to be removed -> respond with details of how that decision will be made -> suddenly I'm complaining about feedback /shrug

Reactions: Lilleh__
D

Deleted member 352903

Except that isn't what this thread is...nor is it the concern I was addressing. Thread asks for a game mode to be removed -> respond with details of how that decision will be made -> suddenly I'm complaining about feedback /shrug
TheFastBowler didn't only suggest to remove it
you should be focusing on things that are more important, and fix the game that you originally made and make that better, don’t just get rid of the void for god’s sake.

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
I don't think she was talking specifically about this thread.

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
CubeCraft gives the new players a chance to reach a high level like the leaderboard
Because the situation becomes dull frankness in all saliva is impossible to reach new or old 3 months or 2 months ago to leaderboard skywars or eggwars
That's a B.S. statement. Just because something has been there for a while doesn't mean that's it's not going to be fine. Great fallacious reasoning.
I did not ask for your opinion :)
So what, we now have to bow down to your godly hand and not give criticism? Actually devalues your voice entirely. Lmao
if u don't like it just don't play it -.- plus i do know a lot of people who actually like that mode and i am one of them
Another irrelevant argument. Don't give 2 possible options: suck it up and play it, or don't play it. How about, I want to help Cube and suggest ways to make it better.

Honestly, by the reviews, this experiment is a failure. If the server truly wants to be a server of popularity, it should stop making random updates here and there and actually do certain things that have been suggested a ton of times. I don't understand the point of ignoring everybody's opieggnion and going your own way. While I do agree that there are many ways to make "no void eggwars" better, I honestly don't think it's a good idea. It's similar to Money Walls, except much much more boring, and it does NOT fit with the eggwars theme at all.

Yes, uniqueness is sometimes a good thing. But just because something is new and unique does NOT mean that it will be something good.

Alissa Smith

Sep 8, 2018
Yes yes you are right once again Mr Management guy, the players are all wrong here for getting a stupid gamemode nobody asked for whilst you ignored the gamemodes people did ask for/suggestions for other games that could have been implemented instead.
Yes Mr Quetzi you are so right, the management team is always right. The entire 400 player evening cubecraft player count agrees with you, very nice philosophy you have Mr Quetzi sir, well done. Once again I apologise on behalf of the players for being angry and making a thread about this gamemode!

Thank you for coming to my ted talk

johncoles

Forum Expert
Jan 6, 2014
Manchester, UK
johncoles.com
OK, so let's try and be civil here :D

I want to try and provide some answers to the questions raised in the original post by @TheFastBowler

1) It was an idea I talked about with Rubik, Cam and the other people in management. After "Double Egg Mode" I wanted something that changed the game significantly. The idea and concept was to remove part of the game that can be very frustrating for all players. We have many requests for games without void before so I thought it would be fun to see how it affected something like EggWars.

2) I believe that was answered in part one but it was a collective decision.

3) Because we want to see people's opinions. A lot of the time people will spam and constantly go on about how they just want 1 thing and it is x. Then when we do that they either don't care or hate us for actually doing it.

4) This is market research. It's "Experimental". The whole idea for this is for us to release changes that we can play with that yes, may break the game completely but at the end of the day testing an idea internally with staff doesn't give us a good idea of how it works for our community. Many people play our games in ways we have never imagined which means we wanted to test.

5) Why should it be scrapped? It is possible to add updates to the game and keep Experimental around. We may remove it when we have nothing we want to test but I think it's a good way of coming up with new ideas for games/updates.

6) I liked Blockband, may it rest in peace.

7) Yes, No Void changes how PvP works, that was the point. It changes a key game mechanic. For us to see how players play it's interesting to change parts of the game that are taken for granted. In the case of No Void it is no longer an easy kill just to knock a player in to the void. Instead players might have to be sneakier to remove eggs first then aim for kills.

8) I think the maps are OK. Again this is an Experiment, a lot of effort goes in but not as much as would for a full release. The thing we're testing is a concept not the maps themselves.

9) Water is there to add challenge to the layouts so it's not as simple as walking to an island. It provides an obstacle and yes, becomes frustrating - it's almost like it was designed to make you avoid fighting in it... ;)

10) Skipping a few points, I believe Lava should damage players in someway, I'll follow up with a developer and see what's wrong with that as yes, that would make it ridiculously easy!

Absolutely, Experimental modes are not designed to be fixes in any way. We have plans for quite a radical overhaul that's in progress that no doubt will annoy a lot of people but at the end of the day we want to try and provide a positive player experience to the most people we can. From the voting that we get from in-game I can see that 43% of votes rate the experiment as 5/5 while 28% rank it as a 1/5. 2-4 are all around 10% meaning that this Experiment is quite polarising (like Marmite you either love it or you don't).

Thank you for your feedback though and I hope my answers provide you a little insight as to what we were thinking and some reasoning behind what we're doing. Let me know if you need any more details and I'll provide as much as I can :D

Alissa Smith

Sep 8, 2018

I want to try and provide some answers to the questions raised in the original post by @TheFastBowler

1) It was an idea I talked about with Rubik, Cam and the other people in management. After "Double Egg Mode" I wanted something that changed the game significantly. The idea and concept was to remove part of the game that can be very frustrating for all players. We have many requests for games without void before so I thought it would be fun to see how it affected something like EggWars.

3) Because we want to see people's opinions. A lot of the time people will spam and constantly go on about how they just want 1 thing and it is x. Then when we do that they either don't care or hate us for actually doing it.

4) This is market research. It's "Experimental". The whole idea for this is for us to release changes that we can play with that yes, may break the game completely but at the end of the day testing an idea internally with staff doesn't give us a good idea of how it works for our community. Many people play our games in ways we have never imagined which means we wanted to test.

5) Why should it be scrapped? It is possible to add updates to the game and keep Experimental around. We may remove it when we have nothing we want to test but I think it's a good way of coming up with new ideas for games/updates.

7) Yes, No Void changes how PvP works, that was the point. It changes a key game mechanic. For us to see how players play it's interesting to change parts of the game that are taken for granted. In the case of No Void it is no longer an easy kill just to knock a player in to the void. Instead players might have to be sneakier to remove eggs first then aim for kills.

8) I think the maps are OK. Again this is an Experiment, a lot of effort goes in but not as much as would for a full release. The thing we're testing is a concept not the maps themselves.

9) Water is there to add challenge to the layouts so it's not as simple as walking to an island. It provides an obstacle and yes, becomes frustrating - it's almost like it was designed to make you avoid fighting in it... ;)

10) Skipping a few points, I believe Lava should damage players in someway, I'll follow up with a developer and see what's wrong with that as yes, that would make it ridiculously easy!

Absolutely, Experimental modes are not designed to be fixes in any way. We have plans for quite a radical overhaul that's in progress that no doubt will annoy a lot of people but at the end of the day we want to try and provide a positive player experience to the most people we can. From the voting that we get from in-game I can see that 43% of votes rate the experiment as 5/5 while 28% rank it as a 1/5. 2-4 are all around 10% meaning that this Experiment is quite polarising (like Marmite you either love it or you don't).

Thank you for your feedback though and I hope my answers provide you a little insight as to what we were thinking and some reasoning behind what we're doing. Let me know if you need any more details and I'll provide as much as I can :D

There were so many suggestions for new experimental gamemodes:
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/new-experimental-eggwars-mode.212156/
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/experimental-eggwars-versions.209098/
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/new-experimental-eggwars-gamemode.210386/
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/new-eggwars-mode-capture-the-egg.209567/
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/add-world-events-for-eggwars.209362/
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/t...y-appreciated-if-that-can-be-supplied.209145/

But you flat out ignored them all and made no void mode which nobody asked for.
Why did you only talk to Rubik and Cam about a new gamemode, instead of looking for suggestions by actual players (let's be honest Rubik and Cam don't even play eggwars lmao) to implement?
^Serious question by the way, please answer because I just don't know why you ignored all the player suggestions and chose to make an idea that only 2 people approved before you released it

johncoles

Forum Expert
Jan 6, 2014
Manchester, UK
johncoles.com
There were so many suggestions for new experimental gamemodes:
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/new-experimental-eggwars-mode.212156/
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/experimental-eggwars-versions.209098/
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/new-experimental-eggwars-gamemode.210386/
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/new-eggwars-mode-capture-the-egg.209567/
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/add-world-events-for-eggwars.209362/
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/t...y-appreciated-if-that-can-be-supplied.209145/

Why did you only talk to Rubik and Cam about a new gamemode, instead of looking for suggestions by actual players (let's be honest Rubik and Cam don't even play eggwars lmao) to implement?
^Serious question by the way, please answer because I just don't know why you ignored all the player suggestions and chose to make an idea that only 2 people approved before you released it
We didn't flat out ignore them... They're in our list of ideas. We have a lot of ideas for Experiments but we only run one at a time. It's a balancing act of ideas that are quick to implement vs those that will take a longer time (an therefore more resources to do).

Both Cam and Rubik do play EggWars and they weren't the only two people that the idea was run past.

Alissa Smith

Sep 8, 2018
We didn't flat out ignore them... They're in our list of ideas. We have a lot of ideas for Experiments but we only run one at a time. It's a balancing act of ideas that are quick to implement vs those that will take a longer time (an therefore more resources to do).

Both Cam and Rubik do play EggWars and they weren't the only two people that the idea was run past.
Yes, I understand that. But surely ideas like "faster generators", "industrial revolution" and "ender madness" (+ more) are quick to implement too (and all 3 were actually suggested by the regular players), so why did you just ignore them and make your own closed opinion management team idea?
And if they're "in your list of ideas" then why are none of those threads even escalated? Or how come you didn't reply to them all saying something such as "sorry but we want to add our own management team ideas first before we add any of your own suggestions".

I apologise if I sound rude but to me as a player and a supporter of people's suggestions, I am getting the feeling that you are just flat out ignoring the players, and if we ever say something about that or explain our frustrations in a thread, Quetzi will reply with something that gives me the vibe of "shut up just be grateful for us even adding things in the first place, if you don't like it don't play, we aren't forcing you to" (that is honestly how I feel like he is talking to us like).
If you don't want to listen to player suggestions because you prefer yourself, cam and rubik to always have control of all the ideas and future gamemodes then ok fair enough it is your server, but can you at least say so? I am sorry but I can only say what I believe, and I believe that you do not care about significant suggestions to the server made by players, so it annoys me when you say things like "they're on our list of ideas" but I (maybe others, I'm not sure) just don't believe it.

I even filtered the "suggestions" section to look at implemented suggestions but they are mostly just things like sounds, selfie areas and little changes to maps (they are basically all bug fixes lol).

Zrathex

Dedicated Member
Aug 3, 2016
MARS WITHOUT OXYGEN :|
youtube.com

Okay, so you have got partnered with Minecraft and got your network to 20k, but don't you see how much money and players you have lost during this new update of 1.8 - 1.9 (Quoted by Younisco), sure you can tell us to play Normal Eggwars with void and everything, but it's barely possible since there are no players playing it so much. If you ask me, you would have to remove a lot of the maps on normal eggwars so players can play the game instead of waiting an hour to find a game.

Also @TheFastBowler while you are at complaining. Get valve to fix their VAC, kthxbai

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Just gonna point out that this really isn't true: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/eggwars-maps-without-void.207204/#post-989590
It didn't get much attention seeing as the experimental eggwars mode wasn't a thing back then, but still pretty relevant. I also remember this idea being pitched forward in a few other suggestions, but this is the only thread I could find that specifically suggested this mode.

Reactions: Lilleh__

Orangeric88

Forum Expert
Apr 22, 2016
Planet Orange
www.cubecraft.net
No hard feelings or anything but some of these suggestions CubeCraft is implementing is kinda a waste. Here's what I mean by this. I mean yeh, no void is good and all but most of these suggestions that are being implemented, not many people really support. From what I can see right now, you have tons other (e.g.) threads with tons more support then (e.g.) this. I feel like go with the more popular suggestions first and see how that works out. In addition to that, CubeCraft will be spending a big risk having spent a lot of time on a project (that's probably not popular based on people's interaction) and it'll end up being scrapped.

This basically talks about how I think new game ideas should start being implemented.
vvvvvv
Have a community (twitter, forums, in-game announcement, etc) vote. Before you implement a new game, I think a community vote would be a great start. Even though you guys might be scared on leaking 'new games' the fact is you're really not. If you add a bunch of suggestions on a poll, no one will exactly know which ones will get added. (you can also hide the stats on what the poll).

This way, management still gets a say on what should be implemented, the community can get what they want, everyone's happy (maybe). I know this might not be smooth but it's worth a try to see how it works out.

View attachment 148656

If you don't like a particular experiment, vote accordingly, it's something we take notice of. The whole point of these experiments is to try out new things, some will be good, some won't be. I'm struggling to see where your suggestion is here though, get rid of no void? Sure, we'll do that or not based on the feedback we get. In the meantime if you really don't like the maps you could just not play them and play regular EggWars instead.

Actually, in my eyes, I don't think voting's enough. I think this should be another way of feedback (as its more descriptive). Numbers can mean a lot of things. Some people might even click 5 just for the heck of it (not much thought). In fact, I think with more threads like this, it would be actually further helping you guys out with new experimental eggwars (as you now know what people hate and not repeat it again). With numbers, you don't really know why the person choose it really. All you know is they like it (not the reason why they liked it). I actually give props to Bowler here for actually spending the time to explain the issues with no void maps as he's giving you incite from a different perspective.

The thing we're testing is a concept not the maps themselves.
Well, if the maps aren't great, people will get a bad taste on what the concept should be and therefore assume that the concept is immediately bad. If the team makes good maps (if you want to know what people think is a good map and what people think is a bad map, read the above paragraph), people will possibly like the concept.

Top Bottom