Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you believe this will help?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

john

Nov 24, 2013
Picture this, a much more simple ban appeal department that takes very little time to decide if a person should be un muted or un banned.

Getting dizzy? Well I believe there is a solution already in place that we can adopt. It is called the criminal record.

This is how it will work:

When someone commits an offense their name is saved by the staff member who punished them. The staff who banned the person goes to Cubecraftgames.net and goes to a section in the forums where only staff can write. The staff member then creates an account for the player that he/she just punished and then writes when the player committed the crime, what the crime was, and how long it should be punished. This would be really helpful for many reasons.

1. We will know exactly who punished the player.

2. We will know exactly how may crimes a person commits.

3. We will be able to tell which staff gets the most amount of trouble makers off the server.

4. It will give players a good way to see who is the safest, ie "no criminal record"

5. And staff will know if a player has received to many punishments and does not conform back to standard laws so therefore, should be banned.

This criminal record system will require web development work. Although, it will save the mods and admins lots of time finding out who muted who. And figuring out how many times this guy has been warned.

I highly advise the staff to adopt this criminal record system. I see very few problems with this system as long as only staff can write in the criminal records.

Also, this system needs to be visible to the public. Honestly, people need to know which people are most likely to swear.

If this system is installed there should be a new law that states that if one has received 6 muted. They automatically will be banned from the server.

I think this is fair and will make cubecraft much more productive and will make the people feel more knowledgeable about other players.

FYI: poll will close in 7 days.

Reactions: i am Splinfusion

PlasticManPeppo

Dedicated Member
Jan 11, 2014
yes yes yes!!! so that if someone wants to be added to your plot, you can look and see if hes grieved or not. :D this is awesome!!!

Reactions: john

musemat

Dedicated Member
Oct 24, 2013
Denmark
We already have a system where we can check which staff member banned/muted or unbanned/unmuted a specific player, its just not puplic

Reactions: MorganPlayzMc

Oceanical

Forum Expert
Feb 24, 2014
on an adventure
We already have a system where we can check which staff member banned/muted or unbanned/unmuted a specific player, its just not puplic

True, Muse but I think John is trying to stress the fact that we as the public would like to see it, so we can know who to trust & who not to. The server would be much more .. clean & less harm would be done to plots

. Overall I think it's a good idea to make the system public. It benefits everyone but the thing about making an account for the offense player would be a little atrocious & time consuming. Maybe just keep the old system the staff have now, but make the system public for all to see.

john

Nov 24, 2013
True, Muse but I think John is trying to stress the fact that we as the public would like to see it, so we can know who to trust & who not to. The server would be much more .. clean & less harm would be done to plots

. Overall I think it's a good idea to make the system public. It benefits everyone but the thing about making an account for the offense player would be a little atrocious & time consuming. Maybe just keep the old system the staff have now, but make the system public for all to see.

Yup

john

Nov 24, 2013
I don't think its our business to see who muted/banned who

I understand your reasoning and I want you to see both ways of thinking most clearly before you make your mind.

Look, I live in America. One of the things we cad do is view criminal records. All of them... You heard me if you are an American your criminal record is public and visible to all. I find this very useful since one can understand who someone is. Now minecraft is different although it would help everyone know who to trust and not too. This will also help the staff. Whenever someone makes a mute appeal they always try to figure our who muted them. If this were available to the public every member would be able to help the staff figure that out. I hope you find my explanation to give you an idea on how the public criminal record will help you. Honestly, I feel that we, the players deserve the right to know, not just about a person, but what they did and how We should protect ourselves from them.

Reactions: Oceanical

musemat

Dedicated Member
Oct 24, 2013
Denmark
Okay John, in my opinion you have no use for this information. You make the point that you need this information to find out, who you can trust, but if they are already muted or banned, wouldn't you then already have enough information to make your descision wether you want to trust the person or not? And the reason why America makes the criminal records puplic is to make sure, for companies or other buisnesses that they don't hire criminals, or to get easy access in police investigations or trials. I don't see how that arguement applies here since, these people aren't criminals just people who either used a hacked client, or broke one of the many chat rules. One thing i can agree on is making it easier for staff to access the records, but i don't like the puplic viewings, since we want to give the anonymity to the staff members if they want it, so they aren't hessitant when making a ban and the makes a wrong call, because they don't want everyone and their mother to know. For an example if somebody bans a lot of players, because they are more active on that front, and people don't like that, he is going to hear about it, even though he/her was just doing their jobs. Or if somebody mutes or bans a popular player, they will hear about it too from the players, even though they might have made the right call, when banning/muting the player. On another note these are just records of players being muted or banned on a minecraft server, not criminal records. Criminal records should be taken seriously, while a ban or a mute on a minecraft server, shouldn't mean too much, other than them not being able to play on this server.

In conclusion i think that the system should be easier to access for the staff members, but not for puplic viewing, since you have no need for this information. I appreciate that you want to help, but we'll take it from here.

WIZARD_LIZARD_98

Jan 4, 2014
Okay John, in my opinion you have no use for this information. You make the point that you need this information to find out, who you can trust, but if they are already muted or banned, wouldn't you then already have enough information to make your descision wether you want to trust the person or not? And the reason why America makes the criminal records puplic is to make sure, for companies or other buisnesses that they don't hire criminals, or to get easy access in police investigations or trials. I don't see how that arguement applies here since, these people aren't criminals just people who either used a hacked client, or broke one of the many chat rules. One thing i can agree on is making it easier for staff to access the records, but i don't like the puplic viewings, since we want to give the anonymity to the staff members if they want it, so they aren't hessitant when making a ban and the makes a wrong call, because they don't want everyone and their mother to know. For an example if somebody bans a lot of players, because they are more active on that front, and people don't like that, he is going to hear about it, even though he/her was just doing their jobs. Or if somebody mutes or bans a popular player, they will hear about it too from the players, even though they might have made the right call, when banning/muting the player. On another note these are just records of players being muted or banned on a minecraft server, not criminal records. Criminal records should be taken seriously, while a ban or a mute on a minecraft server, shouldn't mean too much, other than them not being able to play on this server.

In conclusion i think that the system should be easier to access for the staff members, but not for puplic viewing, since you have no need for this information. I appreciate that you want to help, but we'll take it from here.
Bam!

john

Nov 24, 2013
Musemat, I know that I can easily go across the line and push for things that many people disagree upon. If I offend you by saying these things then just remember I feel that it is important.

Look, I feel as if that your opinion on keeping the records private is un nessicary and pointless. If the records are private you gain nothing. Honestly, the only thing you receive is un essential privacy. When you mute/ban a player yes, you may want to keep it private so you are not bothered by others who like that person. Although, we are not dogs. If you cannot feel safe being bothered by people then your friends will defend you. I recall you told me I have no use for this information. By saying this you claim that we do not need to know anything regarding former minecraft mute/ban history on this server. This is a very broad statement. Why not just keep the former ban appeal and mute appeal section on the forums locked to the public because no one needs to know? The criminal records is very similar to the mute and ban appeals because they both contain criminal records. You seem convoluted because you have no problem with the mute and ban appeal section yet you are horrifically opposed to my idea of keeping the criminal records public. Both of these aspects of the server, criminal records and ban and mute appeals can help each other. The phrase, "criminal record" means history of criminal activity. Offenses performed upon Minecraft are serious to the success of the server. You need to know that. I also want to remind you that I want to help this server. I have never been banned or muted on this server. I do this so people take me seriously. I feel that since many people agree with me and the fact that you do not possess any reason that shows how it could be dangerous or harmful I see nothing wrong with the idea. What is the worst possible out come with the criminal records being public? The Australians keep their's private so people have more privacy . You already claimed that these just possess former minecraft history. It does not have any breach upon one's private life. In the end I feel that this post contains true aspects to why keeping the records private is not worth while.

For all of you members: you need to understand that the only thing I am fighting for here is that the criminal records should be open to the public. If one disagrees that is fine. Although, with the records open it gives you more knowledge upon mine crafters. This idea should not be thrown to the way side because if someone important says, "no" please consider why it would be bad because if you do not find anything wrong and you still say, "no" because someone else did you commit a logical fallacy know as an ipse dixit. " he/she said it therefore it must be true" if you think about it it should be taken to thought because we want to follow the best solution.

musemat

Dedicated Member
Oct 24, 2013
Denmark
Okay John, first of all, stop calling people criminals. These are not criminalrecords. These are absolutly no reason for this system to go puplic. Your only arguement for this system to go puplic is because you deserve/need to know? Why do you need to know which players can't join the server? Or cant talk? To help on the mute appeals? Im sorry but i would rather have the mods and admins deal with this rather than the players policing other players.

On another note you say that getting bothered by players doesn't matter? Im sorry to tell you this but we have lost several good staff members because of players either nagging them or even being hostile towards them. My fear with making this system puplic is that it will cause players to harass staff members. If a staff member bans a lot of people, they can get a bad reputation, and maybe end up with people harassing them. Im making the same point as i did in my last post because it is still valid. You might be familier with the term "death by a thousand cuts". In that regard it doesnt matter how good your supporters are, if there are hundreds of people harassing you. Another example i can give you is if a staff member bans or mutes a person, and they either have a family member or friend who plays on the server. That friend or sibling will then most likely be hostile towards the staff member who muted or banned their friend/sibling. Saying that players bothering staff doesnt matter is ridicouless. Besides you have no practical use for this Info, even coding it so it becomes puplic is just going to be an uneeded time sink. We gain nothing by making them puplic and neither do you.

And to the question if you offended me in any way, im going to say yes you did, because you throw the word criminal around like it means nothing. Im sorry but a ban on a server in a GAME is not the same as an actual criminal offense. The day we threat muted players like convicts im quitting Minecraft

PinkStr3ak

Forum Expert
Jan 4, 2014
around the corner
goo.gl
I agree with @musemat , these players are in no way criminals. Most are just kids who don't know any better. And if we made "public criminal records", there would be lots of unmuted/unbanned players who would be constantly judged by many others for making one small mistake, because anyone they meet could check their records, and their experience on CCG would never be the same. It wouldn't matter if they were to be unmuted/unbanned for a second chance, because they would most likely leave permanently anyway due to possible mistreatment and harassment, and possible full-blown cyberbullying. I vote no.

Reactions: musemat

john

Nov 24, 2013
I think you are taking this a bit to seriously. This idea is meant to be helpful. If you think the phrase, "criminal records" is too offensive then that is fine. Possibly, another phrase that is tuned down will be suffice.

You claim you were offended by me calling a person who was muted or banned a criminal. Do you know what is worse than calling people criminals? Treating people like they are going to offend you even when they haven't yet.

Look, your strongest point is that staff could be harassed for using a mute or ban on a player. Well you would not need public records to show you who muted or banned who. In every mute or ban appeal they ask who muted or banned you? This public record system would only show that information and save it in a very organized way that ONLY staff could edit. If you are worried that this could open a window for people to harass staff then that is a problem. Although, by being staff you will be harassed. Nothing can change that, I am sorry. Although, you cannot claim that just because people have harassed you in the past everyone will harass staff if this is public. It hurts people when you say that.

Look, we can argue forever. Let's see if it works by making it public for 1 week. If people like it and if it speeds up the ban and mute department then let's talk about keeping it open.

If staff are constantly being harassed and people start complaining then let's remove it.

The server will be fine and I am sure the staff will be alright if we try it for 1 week.

PinkStr3ak

Forum Expert
Jan 4, 2014
around the corner
goo.gl
I agree with making records that list the player's IGN, who muted/banned them, the reason for it, and evidence attached to it, but it should be viewable by staff, and only staff, so when an appeal is made, they can check the records and see who muted/banned them, why and etc.. This will make the process much faster, without the possibility of harassment. Making it public is just too risky in my opinion.

Reactions: Efcluke94

john

Nov 24, 2013
I agree with @musemat , these players are in no way criminals. Most are just kids who don't know any better. And if we made "public criminal records", there would be lots of unmuted/unbanned players who would be constantly judged by many others for making one small mistake, because anyone they meet could check their records, and their experience on CCG would never be the same. It wouldn't matter if they were to be unmuted/unbanned for a second chance, because they would most likely leave permanently anyway due to possible mistreatment and harassment, and possible full-blown cyberbullying. I vote no.

Look, thanks for your input. Although, the idea is good it just depends upon him it is used. Take a car for instance. It was designed to get you from A too B as quickly as possible. Now if the car is misused it can cause harm.

The public records are very similar. The public records would be informative and helpful. Although, they can be used improperly to hurt others. Now there are more than two ways to go about this.

1. Just forget it, if some people will use it poorly than no knew I'll get to use it. (Yes, but by this way no one gets to use it and that can eliminate all of the good things it can bring.)

2. Let it be public to all!!
(Okay, as several people said it can open room for bullying people)

3. Only more mature players who have a reason.
(Okay, this is very broad. So this way the public records can only be accessed by people who receive permission from a staff member. To view a certain player's action.)

For 3's case they privately message a staff too view someone 's activity to see if they are likely to do something like swear. In this case he wants to see if he is safe to skype with. The staff can then see if he should give that player access to his files. For whatever reason the staff can say no . Although, this way we have a way of filtering who sees it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on S4nne's profile.
Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
🐺
Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Top Bottom