Votes: 4 13.8%
  • no

Votes: 25 86.2%

• Total voters

Kozi

Dedicated Member
Jul 23, 2017
Gallia Belgica
There is no need for this. If this would get implemented there would be a lot of trouble. First of all, it's very hard to report players that nicked theirself. They could bully people, advertise, swear and they wouldn't get punished for it, because the name they use doesn't exist. If you buy an Obsidian rank (or any other rank), you know you'll be in the spotlights. Players with a obsidian rank don't need the command.

Last edited:

Hannibal

Penguin
Mar 14, 2019
Antarctica
I don't think that it is necessary to do /nick as an obsidian rank. I think that it's going to be abused a lot. For example for inappropriate names. Also if you mean with /nick that your nametag change too then it's almost impossible to record them if they are hacking because you won't know their real ign. In general, obsidian ranks are not focused by people for as far as I know.

srpigglet

Dedicated Member
Nov 3, 2019
Valorant
I think you need to put arguments to your suggestion, because, why cubecraft should add this? If you can explain why, I think more people will understand you:), but for now, it's a no for me, because I think the obsidian don't need hide their names, because they don't really have "focus" like youtubers, so there is no reason for add it.

Reactions: Eli

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
If I am correct, only YouTubers have access to this command right now so they wouldn't get targeted so much because they jump out always with their rank. Why would Obsidian rankers need this? Because they want to change their name because it's cool or something (you didn't really mention a reason so yea)? Nope, I don't support this idea at all. It could and most likely will be abused a lot.

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
Ooh damn, I just love the thought put into this message. It gives so much feedback! It helps the thread writter so much! Great message by someone who's been on the forums since 2017 and should know what are and aren't useless messages!

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
Then ppl will buy obsidian for youtubers, youtubers get less attracted to get the youtube rank, which will probably mean less publicity for CCG

Dutchyyy

Forum Expert
Feb 11, 2016
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
I don't agree. In my opinion Obsidian ranks don't need /nick. It wouldn't help as people still know that you have the Obsidian rank. If your rank changes into Stone aswell it would cause confused players. Because why would a Stone rank be able to vote for Overpowered Chest?

So, it is a no from me.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
There was a server I was staff on a long time ago that gave nick to it's highest donors: God Rank. The amount of abuse was completely ridiculous, not to mention it got harder to ban people who changed their names while cheating. Long story short it was removed 3 days after being introduced. I fear the same would happen here so definitely not.

Can I also add there is no reason to really nick anyway?

Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy Birthday
Reesle wrote on Fodjdkd999's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! If you need help with something, feel free to DM me or a staff member! :D
Reesle wrote on jtdogzone6843's profile.
Welcome to the Forums!! :)
UncleSpect wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy birthday!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Cool member appreciation moment!:D 💙
Top Bottom