Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

/nick should be for gold or lapis and higher

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KjoepKraft_

May 16, 2017
No pls no, i can tell a hundred reason why we should not add this but ok.. Make a thread about it if you really want it.
i dont whant it. but can you give me some reasons why? meby i understand why you dont whant it to be added?
meby i agrea whit you

Shrek Trained Me

Apr 16, 2017
North Korea
i dont whant it. but can you give me some reasons why? meby i understand why you dont whant it to be added?
meby i agrea whit you
You don't want it but still suggesting it? Alright here we go then
1. It removes the fun of getting the youtube rank itself
2. Many people have 20K so many people have jr.youtubers which will make seeing a light red name not special anymore.
3. The name itself sucks if i am honest, i mean what is jr.youtubers anyway
4. We are going off-topic.

KjoepKraft_

May 16, 2017
You don't want it but still suggesting it? Alright here we go then
1. It removes the fun of getting the youtube rank itself
2. Many people have 20K so many people have jr.youtubers which will make seeing a light red name not special anymore.
3. The name itself sucks if i am honest, i mean what is jr.youtubers anyway
4. We are going off-topic.
yeah. the name is ugly. and we need to stop whit this

CyberAutumn

Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2017
Around
Pronouns
She/They
The amount of people that will exploit this will be ridiculous. If this was applied, then it should be for Obsidian rank and Obsidian rank alone. And it will be hard to report someone, unless there will be a command to see who said person is. I still think it should stay the same for staff and Youtubers with the given amount of subscribers. So this is a -1 for me.

Shrek Trained Me

Apr 16, 2017
North Korea
I think this would be a cool addition to cubecraft. I think to also include a /whois command for reporting purposes. That would be fun :D
LMAO, ''That would be fun'' dude reporting and reporting command's aren't for fun they are just to make the server better... And /nick isn't that great because people will abuse it.

Reactions: TyFoxy

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
I am severely against this idea - There are multiple reasons why this will not be added:

- Abuse: Players will abuse it, there is no doubt about that. This will lead to confusion both from the player-side and the moderation-side - players will be confused of who is who, and moderators will find it extremely difficult to complete reports, as the only way we can really use this is by knowing a timestamp when the screenshot was taken, then checking a database for name changes, and output who is nicked. This will require lots of backend work, which may take a while to complete, for something that can be so easily avoided by simply not adding it.

- Targeting issues: Sure, players get targeted. That happens to me too, but that sometimes is a strategy - target the weakest person for some free points, experience (and powerups, such as in SG). On the other hand, Youtubers get targeted purely on the basis that they are a YouTuber. They will get absolutely trampled by viewers, fans and haters alike, so having a nicked name will protect them from other players.

- Lack of incentive: Some players will just use the nick function because “why not, it’s a feature for my rank so I need to use it!”. This will lead to verification mishaps such as friends, ranks and other permissions.

In conclusion, I believe that /nick should remain for Youtubers only, due to their upfront struggles with this issue.

D

Deleted member 100818

*sighs* Why does this one suggestion keep coming back..

Anyways, focussing is a choice of a player, join another game. If you keep getting foccussed, you go play another game if it bothers you. And you don't work for the C.I.A. with your undercover story (pls don't say you do). This section of for suggestion, to post your ideas to make CubeCraft better. And I'm not saying your suggestion is bad, because every suggestion is based on opinions. But, if everyone with a rank, or lapiz+ as you suggested, everyone would abuse names like "pussydestroyed99". And even though EVERY inappropriate has been removed, it would be a mess. A Chaotic lobby with maybe the same names which would be, as I mentioned, chaotic.

Last edited by a moderator:

TyFoxy

Dedicated Member
Nov 26, 2015
Chrononshia
www.TyFoxy.com
LMAO, ''That would be fun'' dude reporting and reporting command's aren't for fun they are just to make the server better... And /nick isn't that great because people will abuse it.

Appreciate the opinion from you, I'd request that you not mock me, seeing that you've been rude to others here on the forums.
Also yes, I understand that reporting isn't "for fun". However nobody said they can't be enjoyable. Not everyone takes reporting as seriously as you might. :p I myself like to have a little fun while reporting. Yet thus far I have had no issues with it, so thanks.

Reactions: Cubo ㅤ and matcha

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
/Nick requires a youtuber rank because otherwise people will target you however being you have the youtuber rank you are in a minority thus it is less likely for abuse
This is unnecessary and people would just abuse it

D

Deleted member 100818

seeing that you've been rude to others here on the forums.
Cat-Valentine-cat-valentine-35945256.gif

Shrek Trained Me

Apr 16, 2017
North Korea
Appreciate the opinion from you, I'd request that you not mock me, seeing that you've been rude to others here on the forums.
Also yes, I understand that reporting isn't "for fun". However nobody said they can't be enjoyable. Not everyone takes reporting as seriously as you might. :p I myself like to have a little fun while reporting. Yet thus far I have had no issues with it, so thanks.
I wasn't rude at all. And saying that i am rude to others here on the forums because of one reply makes no sense. I am not taking reporting for fun also, but adding it because it's for fun is just no. Just because i didn't agree with you doesn't make me rude.

D

Deleted member 100818

Maybe i am wrong or doesn't understand what you guys mean with rude but i am never rude, just giving my honest opinion.
As I said, I do not think you're rude. I only said that he was not talking about one post but at several posts.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
I know that but i said i am not rude in all my posts.

You might not think you're being rude, but people can take your sarcastic comments such as

To be rude

D

Deleted member 100818

You might not think you're being rude, but people can take your sarcastic comments such as
To be rude
This

But anyways, I think we're going way too off-topic here and should stay at the actual suggestion as that's the reason why the owner made this thread.

So about the suggestion, I think this
I am severely against this idea - There are multiple reasons why this will not be added:

- Abuse: Players will abuse it, there is no doubt about that. This will lead to confusion both from the player-side and the moderation-side - players will be confused of who is who, and moderators will find it extremely difficult to complete reports, as the only way we can really use this is by knowing a timestamp when the screenshot was taken, then checking a database for name changes, and output who is nicked. This will require lots of backend work, which may take a while to complete, for something that can be so easily avoided by simply not adding it.

- Targeting issues: Sure, players get targeted. That happens to me too, but that sometimes is a strategy - target the weakest person for some free points, experience (and powerups, such as in SG). On the other hand, Youtubers get targeted purely on the basis that they are a YouTuber. They will get absolutely trampled by viewers, fans and haters alike, so having a nicked name will protect them from other players.

- Lack of incentive: Some players will just use the nick function because “why not, it’s a feature for my rank so I need to use it!”. This will lead to verification mishaps such as friends, ranks and other permissions.

In conclusion, I believe that /nick should remain for Youtubers only, due to their upfront struggles with this issue.

is already enough information about it.

Reactions: TyFoxy
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on Dualninja's profile.
Hey Dual! 👋
How are you doing? :)
Reesle wrote on __obektev__'s profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums! Hope you enjoy your time here :)
Reesle wrote on Otherworld's profile.
Cool banner!
LitDs have been about the normal, human-to-human relationships in the world, so there's a lot of ideas that I want to write, that are not so grand or lore-focused.

But I don't really want to write anymore.

I literally went through today with no motivation to do ANYTHING... help me.
This past week has seriously been the worst. Terrible things keep happening one after the other.
Top Bottom