Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Achillez

Novice Member
Jan 4, 2017
Netherlands // Albania
The current state of PvP
So, I play relatively much PvP (as in de gamemode on Cubecraft) to improve my combat skills. I really like the way CubeCraft has taken quite an old minigame (a lot of other servers have duels, 1v1's, practice, etc.) and implemented it into something completely different. However, I think that it could be a lot better.

What could be better?
A ranking system similar to the one on Badlion would be cool. So you queue up for a mode, and after a while you get placed as a rank. You can then get a higher rank after winning a certain amount of duels, or after a certain amount of points is gained. By killing a higher rank, you gain more points, etc. Then a scoreboard will be needed as well (in the lobby) where you can see who has the highest rank.

An elo system could be used as well, where you get or lose elo after a match. The scoreboard will then show who is leading based on elo.

What is already there? Why is that not enough?
I know there already is a leaderboard for the top 5 players with the most wins. This is in other gamemodes like SkyWars, EggWars, Minerware, Survival Games as well. Therefore, the PvP gamemode is nothing special. Also, it only shows the top 5 players. Most normal players will not be able to reach this, which causes a lack of competativeness (is that a word? xD). This leader board could be replaced by one that I already explained before.

Some flaws and their solutions
I understand that some players are not as competative as others, or that some less-skilled or new players find it not worth it to participate, since their rank will only drop more and more. Therefore, it might be a good idea to keep a normal mode, where there are no ranks and you can play unlimited without influencing your rank. This can be called normal PvP, and the new one can be called ranked PvP or something like that.

Last suggestion
Lastly, I would love it if the PvP gamemode could be available in Minecraft 1.8 as well. This already happened to SkyWars and EggWars, which I appreciate. However, it would be awesome if it could happen to PvP as well, since 1.8 is generally viewed as a more competative version of Minecrft when it comes to PvP. I know there is an 1.8 mode in the current version of PvP, but that is nothing like the actual 1.8. The only difference between that and 1.9 or higher is that there is no hit delay/weapon cooldown. But hit detection, blockhitting, animations, fishing rod, etc. still don't work like in 1.8.

Conclusion
I think that by adding a ranking system, the PvP gamemode will become more competative and a lot more popular. Obviously, something exaclty the same as Badlion would not be original, but I'm aiming for something similar with some original touches/tweaks. Implementing the PvP gamemode into 1.8 would be awesome.

Thank you.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Top Bottom