Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should Land of the Dead be added to Cubecraft?

• Yes (if with changes please comment what)

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • No (Please explain why)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TheBoom989

Oct 11, 2017
Disclaimer: This post is VERY long. But don't decide to not read it because of that. I want this post to get as much attention as possible, positive or... constructive, because I have spent a long time on this idea. I you find the size overwhelming, maybe read it in sections, or not all at once, like reading a part of it, stopping, and reading the rest later. Also, if stating a potential problem with this idea, please check in the "Potential Problems and Solutions" section to make sure I have not already covered it. Thank you

:cube_light:Hello! :cube_light:

I am TheBoom989, and I have another suggestion for the Cubecraft Games network! It is going to be a long one, but I have a few things to go over first.

Before you Read:

Before I get into the suggestion (and it is a pretty long one, as well) I have a few things to go over.
1) Even though this isn't very similar to anything I could think of, try to refrain from saying "oh this is such as copy of 'insert game/server here'" unless you actually think that it is incredibly similar to another game/server and possibly have a potential way to make it not seem like a copy.
2) Constructive Criticism is welcome, as it is probably the most helpful type of comment I could receive. Try to not say something like "no dis game sux" and more like "maybe the concept could be altered a little" or "this item seems really OP, maybe change it?".
3) Because of the size of this thread, I will do my best to organize it with subsections and titles and other things. Don't decide not to read the thread just because it is long. I will do my best to make it as simple as possible.
4) If I get lucky enough that any staff members/moderators do read this, here is a message to them: I decided to to take the time to write this post because i now know how much time and thought you guys put into reading and implementing suggestions. There is no doubt you already know this: but as you are reading this, please remember that the original idea can be altered as much as needed. Some ideas in this post may seem very specific, so remember that they could be changed or removed if they seem like a bad addition. Think of this more as a starting idea to work with and grow off of, if of course you do think this is a good idea and decide to add it.

Now, it is time for the suggestion!

Basic Concept:
Game Length: About an hour (it sounds too long but remember, eggwars can can often be this long, and that game is extremely popular. My point: Time does not seem to be too much of an issue.
Players: 30-60+ (This is one of the things you could easily alter, however, the large quantity of players will be needed in this game.
Map Size: Around 1K by 1K blocks (this number seems extremely huge but once you have the basic structures you can use copy and paste a lot. If server capacity is an issue, you could always get rid of some of the many empty servers of not as popular games that you have.)

Land of the Dead is a survival game that will take all of your combat skills, resourcefulness, and strategy, to win. This game will not be very easy, but not unfairly hard. It will be a challenge where even if players manage to win, most likely only around 1-5 players out of the original 50ish will survive until the end, if any survive at all.
In Land of the Dead, you and around 50 other players are inserted into a post apocalyptic, abandoned city. Your goal is to survive in the city until the border closes in and you have to defend yourself from the approaching monster army at the city center. (More of this will be explained later.) You will have to gather food, water, weapons, and other various gear in order to survive. (More on that later as well) One of the main parts of the game that will make it very interesting will be the player interactions, which will be similar to MineZ, if you have played that, but if you haven't I'll explain more later.

Main changes from Vanilla:
This game will be fairly different from vanilla Minecraft, and some things here might be a little hard to program, but nothing that should be too difficult.
Thirst:
Land of the Dead will have a thirst bar, which will act like your hunger, except you will take more damage faster if your bar runs out. Your thirst bar will be replenished by drinking a water bottle, which you will be given one of at the start other game and can refill anywhere there is a water source block. Your will most likely have to drink water about once every 5 minutes to prevent any trouble. (This is fine, as water will be plentiful in most places in the city.)

Nametags of other players are not visible, for stealth purposes.

Stealth:
Ever wanted to sneak past a whole horse of monsters but can't due to their weird player detection system? Well, now you can! Land of the Dead will feature an improved stealth system and wait, what? No, this will not be as complicated and hard to make as it sounds. It is simple. Your stealth bar will have a few different levels, and mobs will be able find you from further depending on how high your bar is.
Standing Still: Mobs can only see you from 8 blocks away. (This is average, it could depend on the mob.)
Sneaking: Mobs can see you from 12 blocks away.
Walking or jumping: 20 Blocks away
Sprinting: 30 Blocks away
Fighting (Mobs/Players): 35 blocks away
Sprint-Jumping: 40 blocks away
Keep in mind that talking in chat, using an air horn, or causing an explosion will also attract mobs to the location of the sound.
You can also exploit the mobs behaviour and make explosions/loud noises in an area to lure the mobs there. This could be useful if mobs were guarding some good loot, but you weren't strong enough to fight them.
Chat:
Chat will also work a little differently.
1) You can only hear players within 40 blocks of you. This will also alert mobs to you.
2) If you talk using a megaphone (more info later) you can increase that number so players can hear you from farther.
3) If you talk via a communicator (more info later) you can talk with anyone else who also has a communicator.
4) Talking in chat will raise your stealth level to about sprinting level for a few seconds.
Regening:
This will work similar to vanilla, where you can regen health if you have enough hunger, but you will reign much slower, around 1/8 of the vanilla speed. This means that you will have to be very careful about the damage you take.

Mob Spawning
Mob spawning will work differently.
Zombies primarily spawn around street level, skeletons lurk in underground sewers and caverns, and spiders crawl on roofs and dwell in the highest floors of buildings. Some special mobs, like slimes, can only be found on certain areas. You can also find rare hordes of zombies wandering the streets, about 10-30 or so all moving in generally the same way and staying together.

Why a City?
There are several reasons why I think a city would be the best option for the setting on this game. The main reason is because cities can have lots if different structures, from wide open parks to narrow back alleyways and fire escapes. The layout of the map would add many different strategies and more depth to the game. For example, to hide from other players or a hord of passing mobs, you could hide behind a dumpster in a back alley, or use the fire escape to exit a building if mobs are surrounding the normal exit. A city can seem packed together with lots of cover and wide-open at the same time.
Another reason is to make it seem the most realistic. Cities have grocery stores, apartments, etc, which could explain why in the game, there are abandoned grocery stores with some food in them, or abandoned apartments overrun by mobs. You could even stretch it enough to have weapons facilities in the city, where high-tier weaponry can be found.
New Items:
Megaphone
Talking while holding a megaphone will increase the number of blocks away players can hear you from. It will also alert any mobs within 40 blocks to your location

Air Horn
When used, it will alert any mobs within a 200 block range to your location. Any players within this radius will get a chat message similar to an air horn blast. This can be useful for baiting mobs or threatening other players.

Communicator

When you type in chat with a communicator in your hand, you can talk with anyone who also has a communicator.

Barricades
Barricades are blocks that can be placed down and destroyed by players. The idea of a barricade is to wall off an area to make it harder for mobs/players to get to you. Mobs can destroy barriers, but it will take longer depending on the type of barrier. The two main types of barriers are wood and cobblestone. The wood barriers (fences) are more common and take 10 seconds to be destroyed by a mob. Cobblestone barricades (cobble walls) are rarer and take about 25 seconds to be destroyed by a mob. The purpose of these barricades would be to either block the entrance to a room that you are in to protect you from mobs or players following you, or for building a fort during the last stand. (More on that later)

Grappling Hook
An extremely rare item that works exactly like the grappling hook from lucky islands.

Special Food/Drink:

Speedy-Cola

When drunk, it will give you 30 seconds of speed (sugar rush) followed by 5 seconds of slowness (sugar crash). Useful for quick getaways.

Extremely stale bread
When eaten, gives 45 seconds of resistance and 30 seconds of slowness.

Super Carrot
Gives 5 minutes of night vision

Carrot Juice
Allows you to see all chests, mobs, and players through walls for 15 seconds. (This item is extremely rare)

Lucky Charms
Affects you with Luck, which will give you a higher chance of getting good loot for 1 minute.

Chest Types:
Food Chest
Contains Food (duh)
Tier 1 - a small amount of basic foods, such as bread and apples
Tier 2 - more basic food than tier 1s, and rare chance to find meat.
Tier 3 - large amount of cooked meat, rare buff granting items, and extremely rare chance to find an unenchanted golden apple

Civilian Chest
Contains Civilian Items, such as water bottles, communicators, and other helpful items.
Tier 1 - Water Bottles and rare chance of megaphone
Tier 2 - Megaphones, air horns, or other gadgets rare chance of various buff granti food or drink, and rare chance of communicators
Tier 3 - Communicators and various buff granting food or drink

Weapons Chest
Contains Combat Items such as armor and swords/axes
Tier 1 - Wooden/Leather Gear, arrows, rare chance for stone weapons or gold armor
Tier 2 - Stone/Chain gear, arrows, and rare iron
Tier 3: Iron armor, bows, and rare chance for grenades
Player Interactions:
This is the part of the game that might be controversial, but I believe that it would be extremely interesting and would keep you on your toes.
So, PvP is enabled, but, no one says you have to fight. So, if you come across a player, you could fight, team up, trade, or ignore each other. Or you could fake an alliance and betray them. Now, I know cube is supposed to be a 100% child friendly server, and getting betrayed by a random person online would make a young child upset. But I have a counter-arguement. This experience, should it ever happen, would give said child an important lesson on internet safety. (Also, Ender was definitely not child friendly) I also have a small story to prove how this could be a great feature.
So, one time I was playing MineZ, an online Minecraft mod-ish thing (which, happens to have the same you can attack other players but you don't have to rules, but don't go saying this is a copy of MineZ because of that, as those rules are a well-known mechanic not just in Minecraft but in gaming as a whole, so calling it unoriginal would be like calling the fact that it is a videogame unoriginal.). So, anyway, I decided to teamed up with a group of people, because I thought I would have higher odds of surviving. Eventually, one person betrayed the group and started attacking me, so I ran. I eventually shook them off and survived. It is situations like those that makes the game much more exciting and intense.

Gameplay/Summary:
At soon as the game starts, you spawn one of the many streets of the city, close to the edge of the map, starting out with only a wooden sword, a water bottle, and two apples. (If kits are implemented you will also receive items from kits.) From there you will start looting buildings. At this stage of the game, you do not have much weaponry, so being stealthy is crucial. Gather food, drink, and occasionally weapons from apartments, and you will occasionally come across a different type of building like a grocery store or weapons facility. However, the better loot that is in a certain building, the more monsters will be there. However, it would be extremely difficult to survive the entire game only looting apartments. Eventually you will have to start heading towards the city center, and you will probably come across at least one other player while traveling. Kill them, team up with them, trade with them, or ignore each other, anything is allowed. You spend the next part of the game looting buildings, fighting or avoiding mobs, and trying to survive.
By this point you should be pretty close to the city center. You ideally should have a good supply of food and water, some decent weapons, and hopefully some other helpful items, like grenades or barricades. Eventually the border and the mob army will have forced you and the remaining players into the city center, where you will make your last stand. When you arrive at the square in the city center, you will have a few minutes to meet/fight anyone else who has made it this far, and prepare for the final stage of the game by setting up barricades or walls. Remember, you don't have to defeat the army, as that would be near impossible, you just have to hold them off. Once you hold them off for long enough, a hatch will open in the city center, the very place that you have been defending. Run down the hatch into a tunnel, while being chased by the army, and arrive at the enormous bunker beneath the city. Press the button, and the bunker doors will begin closing. This process will take about 20 seconds, during which you have to hold the army off AGAIN. When the doors are closed, any remaining players outside the bunker are killed and whoever remains in the bunker wins the game.

Extra Ideas:
The ideas before this were mostly about the concept of the game, while these next ideas are add-ons that are less important, but would be cool should this game get added.

Bosses:
Bosses are extremely tough enemies that can be found in certain areas of the game. They will be very difficult to kill but will drop powerful loot, adding a risk/reward factor for players who want even more of a challenge.
If you leave the boss arena without killing it, than it will despawn. When entering the arena again, t boss fight will restart from the beginning with full health. This way you cannot just leave, come back when your health is full, and continue. If the boss is killed it will not respawn again for the rest of the game, therefore only one of each special item is available each game.

King Slime
One of the few city squares in the game will be almost completely coated in slime, which stretch out to a few of the surrounding streets. You will tell when you are close to the square when you start seeing slime on the streets, getting denser and denser as you get closer. When you enter the square, the only place in the game where slimes spawn naturally, you get a warning message in chat, and king slime will spawn, starting (probably) the easiest boss fight.
King Slime's main attack will be jumping very high up and coming down on top of you. This attack will do devastating damage, not quite killing you but pretty close. The slime blocks on the ground hindering your movement make this attack difficult to dodge. The easiest way is just to take cover under some trees. He can also do an attack where he jumps, and wherever he bounces a cloud of poison starts and then spreads out before disappearing, like that one lucky block in lucky islands. He can also summon minion slimes to try and knock you out of your cover. The best way to kill him is to use ranged weapons while he is in the air, attack with melee when the occasion arises, and kill his minions before they knock you out from under your cover.
When killed, he will drop some iron weapons/chain armor, as well as the slime boots, which when equipped, give you slowness 2 but jump boost 4.

The Skeletal Knight

This should be a fairly easy boss fight to create. This boss fight takes place in a skeletal lair underneath the city, which is available via entrances in the underground sewer system. (Which, by the way, is a good way to get places fast, but there is very little loot.) The lair will be guarded by powerful skeletal warriors. The lair is similar to an amphitheater, a circular arena ringed by stone benches. When you step into the center of the arena, the Knight will spawn and the boss fight will begin.
This boss will be very similar to the knight from lucky islands, except he will summon minions.
Upon the Knight's defeat, he will drop one of the three items below:
Knight's Lance - Iron sword, sharpness 1, knockback 2
Knight's Shield - Not an actual shield, but an item that, when used, will surround you in a shield of barrier blocks like the knight's ability for 12 seconds. There is a 20 minute cool down on this item.
Knight's helm - iron helmet with thorns 2

The Spider Queen
Somewhat close to the city center players may come across a once-elegant hotel, now broken down with spiderwebs in the cracks. These spiderwebs are how you can find the building easily. Enter the building, and you will find even more spiderwebs inside. You must climb the cobweb covered stairs, fighting spiders and jumping over gaps, occasionally finding a rare tier 3 chest, and moving upwards through this mini-dungeon. Eventually you will reach the top where the penthouse is. As this is one of the tallest buildings in the city, you have a very good view of the entire map. T main danger here is the overwhelming number of cobwebs and the gaps in the floor that will send you falling to your demise if you take one misstep. Arrive at the center of the penthouse, and the spider Queen will jump out at you, start in the boss fight.
The main danger in this boss fight are the holes you can fall down from, and the cobwebs you can get stuck in. The spider Queen will have a few main attacks. One will be her poison spit. If you get hit by this you will get 20 seconds of poison. The will also summon minions to try and attack you, sometimes trapping you in cobwebs that fade away after 10 seconds or so. She will occasionally jump full on at you, which is the best time to get as many hits in as possible. Upon defeat, you will be rewarded with one of these three things.
Staff of the spider queen - summons a small spider to fight for you, which fades after 5 minutes with a 20 minute recharge.
Spider silk - Allows you to climb up/cling to a wall for about 10 seconds before falling.
Spider spit - spit poison an enemy, giving them basic poison. This has a 8 minute cooldown.
Achievements:
Some ideas for achievements for this game, to provide an incentive for new players not to rage quit, and challenges for skilled players.

Victorious - Win a game of LotD, 1 cubelet, 50 points, 75 xp
Skilled - Win three games of LotD, 1 cubelet, 100 points, 150 xp
Champion - win twenty games of LotD, 5 cubelets, 300 points, 500 xp
Last man standing - Be the only one surviving at the end of the game, 1 cubelet, 50 points
Teamwork - Win a game with at least 8 people alive, 3 cubelets, 100 points, 100 xp
Looter - Loot 1000 chests - 1 cubelet, 50 xp
Mob Hunter - Kill 1000 mobs, 500 xp
Stealthy - Win a game having killed less than 20 mobs, 20 points, 50 xp
Close Call - Win a game with less than 2 hearts remaining, 1 cubelet, 30 points
The Nick of time - get through the vault doors within 3 seconds of them shutting
So close... - die within 10 seconds of winning the game, 1 cubelet, 100 xp
Boss Hunter - Kill a boss, 1 cubelet, 100 xp
Boss Hunter+ Kill all three bosses, 3 cubelets, 50 points, 300 xp
Boss Hunter Pro - Kill all 3 bosses in the same game
Big Boom - Kill 5 mobs with one grenade, 100 xp
Anyone there? - Use a communicator, 50 xp
Waster - Drink a bottle of water when your thirst bar is full, 50 xp, 5 points
Free Falling - Fall for at least 5 seconds straight - 1 cubelet, 75 points
Explorer - walk over 3000 blocks in one game, 1 cubelet, 50 points
Quests:
Idea from @MJ010101
An idea to add more depth and fun to the game would be to add quests, where you do a mini-side mission usually taking 5-15 minutes each. This can be interpreted differently by the staff if they decide to add this, but I was thinking you could find an NPC, and they'll want you to do something. This could be an escort mission, where you have to escort a target through a dangerous building, back alley, etc, another mission where you have to find items for someone who will give you something in return, or something else. There could be a lot of variety here, with stealth missions, killing bosses but with limitations, or others.
Voting Options
Time of Day - Gold rank and above
Chest Items (Normal or OP, but mobs would be stronger in OP) - Emerald rank and above
Teams Mode:
This would be really simple to make. Just make teams of a certain number of players and have them spawn in the same cage. Alliances are allowed in solo mode, but in teams mode, alliances can't be broken, and they are fixed from the start.

Potential Problems + Solutions
Here I will give some problems that may be in this game or related to this game and give solutions to them. I will add to this list if someone mentions a problem I had not thought of.

This is a copy of Hypixel's Battle Royal
I only included this because I think there will be some people who will say this.
Not Really. Basically the only two things connecting this to Hypixel's latest game is 1)You can kill other players, except in LotD you do not have to), and you find loot, which is basically true for almost every Minecraft minigame so that argument is invalid. This idea wasn't even inspired by Hypixel's battle royal, because in had my original idea before they even released it.

People could troll/betray you
This is not even a problem, this is what can really make the game exciting and suspenseful, because sometimes you might have to form alliances to stay alive, but you have to make sure that they will not betray you. If you betrayed, then it is your fault as the player for blindly trusting a random person, even sometimes when they showed signs of future betrayal. The lack of major rules regarding cross-teaming or betraying someone makes the game realistic and fun.

This would be too long/too hard to make

Although it might seem like this, this will probably not be the case when you consider what it would take to make the game. The hardest part of making this would probably be all the building / programming for the mechanics, but the cubecraft build team works very fast and creates amazing builds, combined with the fact that a lot of it can be copy and paste. And well it may seem like this would be hard to program, and it is a little different than the style of games cube usually does, the codon behind this would not be that difficult to do, as I have said before.

This game is too complicated and might prevent players from playing
It is pretty well-known that the most popular games on cube are the simple ones that have been around for a while, like skywars and eggwars, but I think that LotD has a simple enough goal and concept that players will not be too confused, so long as they know the basics of the game like how the borders starts closing around the end. You will learn more about the game as you keep playing, like how the stealth system works and some good strategies for looting buildings. Cube could even include a simple tutorial, like tower defense has, except you go through a simple obstacle course that teaches you the basics of the game. It would not be hard to make, it just has some information on thirst, how to use the new stealth system, and maybe a final challenge.

Cubecraft should work more on updating or removing dead games instead of adding new ones
While I mostly agree with this, I am not suggesting that cube add this immediately. They might even not have enough servers/money to run a new game like this, which is why I suggested using the servers from the dead games that are never used. I also recently noticed there is a new beta games space open (R.I.P TNT Trouble) so this could fill that slot, seeing as a game this large would need a lot of beta testers to find bugs and exploits, as well as providing suggestions to improve the game. If you guys already have plans for the new beta game then you could always expand the beta lobby to fit one more, or just add a new icon on the travel menu to make it more accessible.
Thanks for reading my suggestion! If you have any questions or comments, leave them below.
-TheBoom989

Last edited:

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
Disclaimer: This post is VERY long. But don't decide to not read it because of that. I want this post to get as much attention as possible, positive or... constructive, because I have spent a long time on this idea. I you find the size overwhelming, maybe read it in sections, or not all at once, like reading a part of it, stopping, and reading the rest later. Also, if stating a potential problem with this idea, please check in the "Potential Problems and Solutions" section to make sure I have not already covered it. Thank you

I am TheBoom989, and I have another suggestion for the Cubecraft Games network! It is going to be a long one, but I have a few things to go over first.

Before you Read:

Before I get into the suggestion (and it is a pretty long one, as well) I have a few things to go over.
1) Even though this isn't very similar to anything I could think of, try to refrain from saying "oh this is such as copy of 'insert game/server here'" unless you actually think that it is incredibly similar to another game/server and possibly have a potential way to make it not seem like a copy.
2) Constructive Criticism is welcome, as it is probably the most helpful type of comment I could receive. Try to not say something like "no dis game sux" and more like "maybe the concept could be altered a little" or "this item seems really OP, maybe change it?".
3) Because of the size of this thread, I will do my best to organize it with subsections and titles and other things. Don't decide not to read the thread just because it is long. I will do my best to make it as simple as possible.
4) If I get lucky enough that any staff members/moderators do read this, here is a message to them: I decided to to take the time to write this post because i now know how much time and thought you guys put into reading and implementing suggestions. There is no doubt you already know this: but as you are reading this, please remember that the original idea can be altered as much as needed. Some ideas in this post may seem very specific, so remember that they could be changed or removed if they seem like a bad addition. Think of this more as a starting idea to work with and grow off of, if of course you do think this is a good idea and decide to add it.

Basic Concept:
Game Length: About an hour (it sounds too long but remember, eggwars can can often be this long, and that game is extremely popular. My point: Time does not seem to be too much of an issue.
Players: 30-60+ (This is one of the things you could easily alter, however, the large quantity of players will be needed in this game.
Map Size: Around 1K by 1K blocks (this number seems extremely huge but once you have the basic structures you can use copy and paste a lot. If server capacity is an issue, you could always get rid of some of the many empty servers of not as popular games that you have.)

Land of the Dead is a survival game that will take all of your combat skills, resourcefulness, and strategy, to win. This game will not be very easy, but not unfairly hard. It will be a challenge where even if players manage to win, most likely only around 1-5 players out of the original 50ish will survive until the end, if any survive at all.
In Land of the Dead, you and around 50 other players are inserted into a post apocalyptic, abandoned city. Your goal is to survive in the city until the border closes in and you have to defend yourself from the approaching monster army at the city center. (More of this will be explained later.) You will have to gather food, water, weapons, and other various gear in order to survive. (More on that later as well) One of the main parts of the game that will make it very interesting will be the player interactions, which will be similar to MineZ, if you have played that, but if you haven't I'll explain more later.

This game will be fairly different from vanilla Minecraft, and some things here might be a little hard to program, but nothing that should be too difficult.
Thirst:
Land of the Dead will have a thirst bar, which will act like your hunger, except you will take more damage faster if your bar runs out. Your thirst bar will be replenished by drinking a water bottle, which you will be given one of at the start other game and can refill anywhere there is a water source block. Your will most likely have to drink water about once every 5 minutes to prevent any trouble. (This is fine, as water will be plentiful in most places in the city.)

Stealth:
Ever wanted to sneak past a whole horse of monsters but can't due to their weird player detection system? Well, now you can! Land of the Dead will feature an improved stealth system and wait, what? No, this will not be as complicated and hard to make as it sounds. It is simple. Your stealth bar will have a few different levels, and mobs will be able find you from further depending on how high your bar is.
Standing Still: Mobs can only see you from 8 blocks away. (This is average, it could depend on the mob.)
Keep in mind that talking in chat, using an air horn, or causing an explosion will also attract mobs to the location of the sound.
You can also exploit the mobs behaviour and make explosions/loud noises in an area to lure the mobs there. This could be useful if mobs were guarding some good loot, but you weren't strong enough to fight them.
Chat:
1) You can only hear players within 40 blocks of you. This will also alert mobs to you.
2) If you talk using a megaphone (more info later) you can increase that number so players can hear you from farther.
3) If you talk via a communicator (more info later) you can talk with anyone else who also has a communicator.
4) Talking in chat will raise your stealth level to about sprinting level for a few seconds.
Regening:
This will work similar to vanilla, where you can regen health if you have enough hunger, but you will reign much slower, around 1/8 of the vanilla speed. This means that you will have to be very careful about the damage you take.

Mob Spawning
Zombies primarily spawn around street level, skeletons lurk in underground sewers and caverns, and spiders crawl on roofs and dwell in the highest floors of buildings. Some special mobs, like slimes, can only be found on certain areas. You can also find rare hordes of zombies wandering the streets, about 10-30 or so all moving in generally the same way and staying together.

Why a City?
There are several reasons why I think a city would be the best option for the setting on this game. The main reason is because cities can have lots if different structures, from wide open parks to narrow back alleyways and fire escapes. The layout of the map would add many different strategies and more depth to the game. For example, to hide from other players or a hord of passing mobs, you could hide behind a dumpster in a back alley, or use the fire escape to exit a building if mobs are surrounding the normal exit. A city can seem packed together with lots of cover and wide-open at the same time.
Another reason is to make it seem the most realistic. Cities have grocery stores, apartments, etc, which could explain why in the game, there are abandoned grocery stores with some food in them, or abandoned apartments overrun by mobs. You could even stretch it enough to have weapons facilities in the city, where high-tier weaponry can be found.
New Items:
Megaphone
Talking while holding a megaphone will increase the number of blocks away players can hear you from. It will also alert any mobs within 40 blocks to your location

Air Horn
When used, it will alert any mobs within a 200 block range to your location. Any players within this radius will get a chat message similar to an air horn blast. This can be useful for baiting mobs or threatening other players.

Communicator

When you type in chat with a communicator in your hand, you can talk with anyone who also has a communicator.

Barricades
Barricades are blocks that can be placed down and destroyed by players. The idea of a barricade is to wall off an area to make it harder for mobs/players to get to you. Mobs can destroy barriers, but it will take longer depending on the type of barrier. The two main types of barriers are wood and cobblestone. The wood barriers (fences) are more common and take 10 seconds to be destroyed by a mob. Cobblestone barricades (cobble walls) are rarer and take about 25 seconds to be destroyed by a mob. The purpose of these barricades would be to either block the entrance to a room that you are in to protect you from mobs or players following you, or for building a fort during the last stand. (More on that later)

Grappling Hook
An extremely rare item that works exactly like the grappling hook from lucky islands.

Special Food/Drink:

Speedy-Cola

When drunk, it will give you 30 seconds of speed (sugar rush) followed by 5 seconds of slowness (sugar crash). Useful for quick getaways.

Extremely stale bread

Super Carrot

Carrot Juice
Allows you to see all chests, mobs, and players through walls for 15 seconds. (This item is extremely rare)

Lucky Charms
Affects you with Luck, which will give you a higher chance of getting good loot for 1 minute.

Chest Types:
Food Chest
Contains Food (duh)
Tier 3 - large amount of cooked meat, rare buff granting items, and extremely rare chance to find an unenchanted golden apple

Civilian Chest
Contains Civilian Items, such as water bottles, communicators, and other helpful items.
Tier 2 - Megaphones, air horns, or other gadgets rare chance of various buff granti food or drink, and rare chance of communicators

Weapons Chest
Tier 1 - Wooden/Leather Gear, arrows, rare chance for stone weapons or gold armor
Player Interactions:
This is the part of the game that might be controversial, but I believe that it would be extremely interesting and would keep you on your toes.
So, PvP is enabled, but, no one says you have to fight. So, if you come across a player, you could fight, team up, trade, or ignore each other. Or you could fake an alliance and betray them. Now, I know cube is supposed to be a 100% child friendly server, and getting betrayed by a random person online would make a young child upset. But I have a counter-arguement. This experience, should it ever happen, would give said child an important lesson on internet safety. (Also, Ender was definitely not child friendly) I also have a small story to prove how this could be a great feature.
So, one time I was playing MineZ, an online Minecraft mod-ish thing (which, happens to have the same you can attack other players but you don't have to rules, but don't go saying this is a copy of MineZ because of that, as those rules are a well-known mechanic not just in Minecraft but in gaming as a whole, so calling it unoriginal would be like calling the fact that it is a videogame unoriginal.). So, anyway, I decided to teamed up with a group of people, because I thought I would have higher odds of surviving. Eventually, one person betrayed the group and started attacking me, so I ran. I eventually shook them off and survived. It is situations like those that makes the game much more exciting and intense.

Gameplay/Summary:
At soon as the game starts, you spawn one of the many streets of the city, close to the edge of the map, starting out with only a wooden sword, a water bottle, and two apples. (If kits are implemented you will also receive items from kits.) From there you will start looting buildings. At this stage of the game, you do not have much weaponry, so being stealthy is crucial. Gather food, drink, and occasionally weapons from apartments, and you will occasionally come across a different type of building like a grocery store or weapons facility. However, the better loot that is in a certain building, the more monsters will be there. However, it would be extremely difficult to survive the entire game only looting apartments. Eventually you will have to start heading towards the city center, and you will probably come across at least one other player while traveling. Kill them, team up with them, trade with them, or ignore each other, anything is allowed. You spend the next part of the game looting buildings, fighting or avoiding mobs, and trying to survive.
By this point you should be pretty close to the city center. You ideally should have a good supply of food and water, some decent weapons, and hopefully some other helpful items, like grenades or barricades. Eventually the border and the mob army will have forced you and the remaining players into the city center, where you will make your last stand. When you arrive at the square in the city center, you will have a few minutes to meet/fight anyone else who has made it this far, and prepare for the final stage of the game by setting up barricades or walls. Remember, you don't have to defeat the army, as that would be near impossible, you just have to hold them off. Once you hold them off for long enough, a hatch will open in the city center, the very place that you have been defending. Run down the hatch into a tunnel, while being chased by the army, and arrive at the enormous bunker beneath the city. Press the button, and the bunker doors will begin closing. This process will take about 20 seconds, during which you have to hold the army off AGAIN. When the doors are closed, any remaining players outside the bunker are killed and whoever remains in the bunker wins the game.

Extra Ideas:
The ideas before this were mostly about the concept of the game, while these next ideas are add-ons that are less important, but would be cool should this game get added.

Bosses:
Bosses are extremely tough enemies that can be found in certain areas of the game. They will be very difficult to kill but will drop powerful loot, adding a risk/reward factor for players who want even more of a challenge.
If you leave the boss arena without killing it, than it will despawn. When entering the arena again, t boss fight will restart from the beginning with full health. This way you cannot just leave, come back when your health is full, and continue. If the boss is killed it will not respawn again for the rest of the game, therefore only one of each special item is available each game.

King Slime
One of the few city squares in the game will be almost completely coated in slime, which stretch out to a few of the surrounding streets. You will tell when you are close to the square when you start seeing slime on the streets, getting denser and denser as you get closer. When you enter the square, the only place in the game where slimes spawn naturally, you get a warning message in chat, and king slime will spawn, starting (probably) the easiest boss fight.
King Slime's main attack will be jumping very high up and coming down on top of you. This attack will do devastating damage, not quite killing you but pretty close. The slime blocks on the ground hindering your movement make this attack difficult to dodge. The easiest way is just to take cover under some trees. He can also do an attack where he jumps, and wherever he bounces a cloud of poison starts and then spreads out before disappearing, like that one lucky block in lucky islands. He can also summon minion slimes to try and knock you out of your cover. The best way to kill him is to use ranged weapons while he is in the air, attack with melee when the occasion arises, and kill his minions before they knock you out from under your cover.
When killed, he will drop some iron weapons/chain armor, as well as the slime boots, which when equipped, give you slowness 2 but jump boost 4.

The Skeletal Knight

This should be a fairly easy boss fight to create. This boss fight takes place in a skeletal lair underneath the city, which is available via entrances in the underground sewer system. (Which, by the way, is a good way to get places fast, but there is very little loot.) The lair will be guarded by powerful skeletal warriors. The lair is similar to an amphitheater, a circular arena ringed by stone benches. When you step into the center of the arena, the Knight will spawn and the boss fight will begin.
This boss will be very similar to the knight from lucky islands, except he will summon minions.
Knight's Shield - Not an actual shield, but an item that, when used, will surround you in a shield of barrier blocks like the knight's ability for 12 seconds. There is a 20 minute cool down on this item.

The Spider Queen
Somewhat close to the city center players may come across a once-elegant hotel, now broken down with spiderwebs in the cracks. These spiderwebs are how you can find the building easily. Enter the building, and you will find even more spiderwebs inside. You must climb the cobweb covered stairs, fighting spiders and jumping over gaps, occasionally finding a rare tier 3 chest, and moving upwards through this mini-dungeon. Eventually you will reach the top where the penthouse is. As this is one of the tallest buildings in the city, you have a very good view of the entire map. T main danger here is the overwhelming number of cobwebs and the gaps in the floor that will send you falling to your demise if you take one misstep. Arrive at the center of the penthouse, and the spider Queen will jump out at you, start in the boss fight.
The main danger in this boss fight are the holes you can fall down from, and the cobwebs you can get stuck in. The spider Queen will have a few main attacks. One will be her poison spit. If you get hit by this you will get 20 seconds of poison. The will also summon minions to try and attack you, sometimes trapping you in cobwebs that fade away after 10 seconds or so. She will occasionally jump full on at you, which is the best time to get as many hits in as possible. Upon defeat, you will be rewarded with one of these three things.
Staff of the spider queen - summons a small spider to fight for you, which fades after 5 minutes with a 20 minute recharge.
Spider silk - Allows you to climb up/cling to a wall for about 10 seconds before falling.
Spider spit - spit poison an enemy, giving them basic poison. This has a 8 minute cooldown.
Achievements:
Some ideas for achievements for this game, to provide an incentive for new players not to rage quit, and challenges for skilled players.

Last man standing - Be the only one surviving at the end of the game, 1 cubelet, 50 points
Teamwork - Win a game with at least 8 people alive, 3 cubelets, 100 points, 100 xp
The Nick of time - get through the vault doors within 3 seconds of them shutting
Teams Mode:
This would be really simple to make. Just make teams of a certain number of players and have them spawn in the same cage. Alliances are allowed in solo mode, but in teams mode, alliances can't be broken, and they are fixed from the start.

Here I will give some problems that may be in this game or related to this game and give solutions to them. I will add to this list if someone mentions a problem I had not thought of.

I only included this because I think there will be some people who will say this.
Not Really. Basically the only two things connecting this to Hypixel's latest game is 1)You can kill other players, except in LotD you do not have to), and you find loot, which is basically true for almost every Minecraft minigame so that argument is invalid. This idea wasn't even inspired by Hypixel's battle royal, because in had my original idea before they even released it.

This is not even a problem, this is what can really make the game exciting and suspenseful, because sometimes you might have to form alliances to stay alive, but you have to make sure that they will not betray you. If you betrayed, then it is your fault as the player for blindly trusting a random person, even sometimes when they showed signs of future betrayal. The lack of major rules regarding cross-teaming or betraying someone makes the game realistic and fun.

Although it might seem like this, this will probably not be the case when you consider what it would take to make the game. The hardest part of making this would probably be all the building / programming for the mechanics, but the cubecraft build team works very fast and creates amazing builds, combined with the fact that a lot of it can be copy and paste. And well it may seem like this would be hard to program, and it is a little different than the style of games cube usually does, the codon behind this would not be that difficult to do, as I have said before.

It is pretty well-known that the most popular games on cube are the simple ones that have been around for a while, like skywars and eggwars, but I think that LotD has a simple enough goal and concept that players will not be too confused, so long as they know the basics of the game like how the borders starts closing around the end. You will learn more about the game as you keep playing, like how the stealth system works and some good strategies for looting buildings. Cube could even include a simple tutorial, like tower defense has, except you go through a simple obstacle course that teaches you the basics of the game. It would not be hard to make, it just has some information on thirst, how to use the new stealth system, and maybe a final challenge.

Cubecraft should work more on updating or removing dead games instead of adding new ones
While I mostly agree with this, I am not suggesting that cube add this immediately. They might even not have enough servers/money to run a new game like this, which is why I suggested using the servers from the dead games that are never used. I also recently noticed there is a new beta games space open (R.I.P TNT Trouble) so this could fill that slot, seeing as a game this large would need a lot of beta testers to find bugs and exploits, as well as providing suggestions to improve the game. If you guys already have plans for the new beta game then you could always expand the beta lobby to fit one more, or just add a new icon on the travel menu to make it more accessible.
Thanks for reading my suggestion! If you have any questions or comments, leave them below.
-TheBoom989
I like the idea, but I want to see parkour come out before anything tbh :/
Also don’t forget to put the rank required for voting for things such as chest types!
Cool game though!
+1

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Possibly also places where there's too much radiation? Players will get a hunger effect if they stay there for too long. Eventually poison and nausea adds up and then they turn into zombie which counts as an elimination.

Overall this is a well thought out gamemode. It may be a bit difficult to code but I'm sure it's possible if the management thinks creative enough. The only problem I have with this gamemode is the fact that it needs so much players to start. That could lead to something similar like UHC, where games only start every two hours. Eitherway I do support this thread +1

MJ010101

Dec 17, 2017
Fjollträsk
Great idea and well thought out! In my opinion adding bosses will create way more action and will make the game even more interesting to play. Additionally, perhaps quests should be added, to add even more depth, unless that’ll lean towards copying another server.

Last edited:

TheBoom989

Oct 11, 2017
Possibly also places where there's too much radiation? Players will get a hunger effect if they stay there for too long. Eventually poison and nausea adds up and then they turn into zombie which counts as an elimination.

Overall this is a well thought out gamemode. It may be a bit difficult to code but I'm sure it's possible if the management thinks creative enough. The only problem I have with this gamemode is the fact that it needs so much players to start. That could lead to something similar like UHC, where games only start every two hours. Eitherway I do support this thread +1
So long as they advertise it enough and update it from time to time, I don't think lack of players will be much of a problem. Still, even if it becomes one, it would easy to just lower the minimum number of players and make the timer a little faster.

TheBoom989

Oct 11, 2017
Great idea and well thought out! In my opinion adding bosses will create way more action and will make the game even more interesting to play. Additionally, perhaps quests should be added, to add even more depth, unless that’ll lean towards copying another server.
Quests sound amazing, as it would encourage you to explore and revisit certain areas. I can't think of any server this might be copying really. Can I add your addition to the post?

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)

Before you Read:

Basic Concept:

Thirst:

Stealth:
Chat:
Regening:

Mob Spawning

Why a City?
New Items:
Megaphone

Air Horn

Communicator

Barricades

Grappling Hook

Special Food/Drink:

Speedy-Cola

Extremely stale bread

Super Carrot

Carrot Juice

Lucky Charms

Chest Types:
Food Chest
Contains Food (duh)

Civilian Chest

Weapons Chest
Player Interactions:

Gameplay/Summary:

Extra Ideas:

Bosses:

King Slime

The Skeletal Knight

The Spider Queen
Achievements:

Voting Options
Chest Items (Normal or OP, but mobs would be stronger in OP) - Emerald rank and above
Teams Mode:

-TheBoom989
First off, I love the way you formatted your suggestion, well done ;)

The game itself really radiates a feeling that it will require a lot of developpement, cubecraft specializes in mini-games so I think reducing the size of the map and amount of players, a closing border is necessary.

What other games do we have that have these features... UHC, UHC isn't as popular as eggwars and it currently has few players playing but not enough for it to be buried in the cemetary of old games.
Maybe we could adapt this suggestion into a gamemode for UHC maybe that could spark a new suggestion?

Thirst is overkill, taking all other factors that may kill you into account. Water being plentifull, I think this additional feature makes playing the game more tedious than it does challenging, we considered this for assassins in the past but dropped the idea.

Talking about tedious.. I really think this game needs a propper objective than getting gear to survive maybe a side task ?
Are players against each other or playing with each other ? I'd say against if you want so many to be eliminated, maybe teams of 5 ?

Stealth : I like the idea of making mob visibility depend on the way you move.

Chat, having ranged chat is pretty gimicky, and for new items, we already have lucky islands.

Mob spawners/chests : I can imagine a UHC PVE mode with structures that spawn throughout the map and the game is more about exploration/looting vs crafting (current)

I really appreciate all the thoughts that have gone into this suggestion. I'm pretty sure this will inspire posts to come.

Last edited:

Miauw

Forum Expert
Jul 23, 2016
the Netherlands
You can see that you've put a lot of time in this idea, since almost all of the details are thought out really well. Would be a very exciting game to play with friends.

However, I disagree on the fact the map "has" to be a city, I mean, I get what you mean by that a city seems the most realistic and would make sense, but I don't see why a forest-themed village or something like this wouldn't do the trick. What I'm trying to get to is, a game like that would deserve more variation in maps.

I also think the player count is a bit too big per game. I'd rather have an amount of ~24 players and a slightly sped up game than a game where I need to wait half an hour for it to finally start. The fact is, large amount of players per game doesn't work out as well as it would on Hypixel for example.

Furthermore, I like the idea of players not being specifically a team or enemy, it makes the game even more tense and spooky, since you can never trust anyone.

Basically a very nice idea, and would rather have this instead of the abombination that is called Infection.

+1 for me!

Reactions: TheBoom989

Shrek Trained Me

Apr 16, 2017
North Korea

Before you Read:

Basic Concept:

Thirst:

Stealth:
Chat:
Regening:

Mob Spawning

Why a City?
New Items:
Megaphone

Air Horn

Communicator

Barricades

Grappling Hook

Special Food/Drink:

Speedy-Cola

Extremely stale bread

Super Carrot

Carrot Juice

Lucky Charms

Chest Types:
Food Chest
Contains Food (duh)

Civilian Chest

Weapons Chest
Player Interactions:

Gameplay/Summary:

Extra Ideas:

Bosses:

King Slime

The Skeletal Knight

The Spider Queen
Achievements:

Voting Options
Teams Mode:

-TheBoom989
This is one of the good original suggestions.

+99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999

TheBoom989

Oct 11, 2017
First off, I love the way you formatted your suggestion, well done.
Thanks!
The game itself really radiates a feeling that it will require a lot of developpement, cubecraft specializes in mini-games so I think reducing the size of the map and amount of players, a closing border is necessary.

What other games do we have that have these features... UHC, UHC isn't as popular as eggwars and it currently has few players playing but not enough for it to be buried in the cemetary of old games.
Maybe we could adapt this suggestion into a gamemode for UHC maybe that could spark a new suggestion?

Thirst is overkill, taking all other factors that may kill you into account. Water being plentifull, I think this additional feature makes playing the game more tedious than it does challenging, we considered this for assassins in the past but dropped the idea.

Talking about tedious.. I really think this game needs a propper objective than getting gear to survive maybe a side task ?
Are players against each other or playing with each other ? I'd say against if you want so many to be eliminated, maybe teams of 5 ?

Stealth : I like the idea of making mob visibility depend on the way you move.

Chat, having ranged chat is pretty gimicky, and for new items, we already have lucky islands.

Mob spawners/chests : I can imagine a UHC PVE mode with structures that spawn throughout the map and the game is more about exploration/looting vs crafting (current)

I really appreciate all the thoughts that have gone into this suggestion. I'm pretty sure this will inspire posts to come.
I see your point for making the map size and number of players smaller, but this is a map where worldedit copy and paste would be very helpful, as no one would notice or care. As for the number of players, you could easily just decrease the minimum number required and speed up the waiting time, so you could have a game of somewhere from 20 to 50 players. Seeing as the number of players on cube is always in the thousands, there would probably be at least 20 people or more at one time. I do understand how if this ends up becoming a dead game like UHC, then it would be a lot of work for nothing, but so long as it was occasionally updated and such, it could even become as popular as eggwars or skywars.
I understand your view on thirst, as it won't affect players that much aside from being just another thing to worry about.
You mentioned how it may seem weird or confusing because there are no main goals except for get good enough gear to survive for the final challenge. I actually intentionally designed it like this, so players could forge their own path instead of following a linear set of goals, combined with the fact that as the game goes on, just staying alive will be a challenge. But with the addition of optional bosses or sidequests, players would be able to set their own goals, and the experience would be different every time, giving players an incentive to play more than once.
As to answer your question about teaming, it is up to the players. If you meet someone in game, you could attack them, but you don't have to. You also could fake an alliance with someone and then betray them, so you never know who to trust.
I see your point on how ranged chat is kind of gimmicky, but I think the feeling of not knowing and not being able to communicate with everyone else will make the experience better.

TheBoom989

Oct 11, 2017
I finally added it, with credit. Thanks!

Reactions: MJ010101

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Though I quite like the suggestion
I find The game isn't something that sticks with me
I feel like I just wouldn't play it
So I am going to give you a thumbs up on this and say I'd love to see the game added as I like the suggestion and many people do to so why not give it some more love

Absolutely

Members Online

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on katnip's profile.
i absolutely love that profile picture
Eli
Where's the second member? 🤔

1713925281107.png
someone make a rivals of aether mod with fhg characters

it's the closest we can get to an official game
CubeT0ch wrote on savina875's profile.