Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Dec 24, 2021
Poland
Hello. I am a regular Lucky Block player and would like to propose a new Lucky Block drop. Potion for Jumping. In the game is a Potion 40 speed on 3 seconds. Players often fall off the map. Through this item and that's cool. So I propose to add a Jumping Potion as a new drop. 🐇
2022-04-16_21.54.17.png
🐇

D

Deleted member 347571

It will force people to clutch with haybales, water or pearls so i don't think it's a bad idea.

Reactions: FoxFil_
D

Deleted member 347571

I'm a bit scared that it will trigger Sentinel though. Being able to jump this high might be glitchy, especially for people that lag a bit. A lot of people would get false-banned as result.

Blom

Forum Expert
Sep 12, 2018
MinerWare Town
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Although I see why everyone thinks this item is cool, this is simply an insta-kill. People are already complaining about the power of the Harm potion (dealing max 6 HP of damage), but this means you can't jump for 3 seconds, as you will literally die. It is very rare a player has water in their inventory, meaning this will kill a player 8/10 times if they would be able to clutch. If they wouldn't be able to do this, as this requires much practice, they will die without any water around them. The item would be simply too good, hence I disagree

Goldy

Novice Member
Mar 31, 2021
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/She/They
I think it's a great idea actually, I see @Blom 's point about it being a potential insta kill, however in that case the Speed potion is essentially an insta kill too, I'd rather not be able to jump in pvp than not be able to walk. And while clutching does take practice, a bit of skill should be part of the game. Lucky Islands is already very luck-based, which is fine, it is Lucky Islands after all, however adding a bit of skill won't hurt the gamemode. If you're going to make the argument this item is too good, then a lot of other items are too good as well in my opinion. Upvote from me! :D

Blom

Forum Expert
Sep 12, 2018
MinerWare Town
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
however in that case the Speed potion is essentially an insta kill too, I'd rather not be able to jump in pvp than not be able to walk
There are many more occasions speed is not an insta kill. due to always being able to shift and not always being able to water bucket MLG, this makes sense. the fall damage of leaping 40 is insane, while speed doesn't 'hurt' at all.
If you're going to make the argument this item is too good, then a lot of other items are too good as well in my opinion
I definitely didn't say Lucky Islands is a greatly balanced gamemode. I see I did say the item would be too good, but I'll have to rephrase that: the item would be too unfair. nothing can be done about it, and in a chase, fight or even if you aren't paying attention and turn around or run away, you will jump 99% of the time, meaning you'll be killed. It's not about fighting without jumping, but when someone throws a potion at you, jumping is a usual reaction, which I find unfair to punish for.

Reactions: FoxFil_

Goldy

Novice Member
Mar 31, 2021
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/She/They
the item would be too unfair. nothing can be done about it
A lot of items in Lucky Islands are unfair if this is your definition of it (you already gave one example with the Harming potion). Personally I see it as a part of the game, they all take skill to use and are possible to counter after all. Some are just easier to use and/or counter than others are. I can see why you would disagree, but with that vision on Lucky Islands I don't have anything against adding this as an item. Especially since actually hitting this potion would take some level of skill, and, although hard, it's still possible to not jump/clutch it.

when someone throws a potion at you, jumping is a usual reaction, which I find unfair to punish for.
Perhaps for others this is a natural reaction (I can definitely see it being one), but for me it isn't, so I suppose it's a matter of perspective on this one. Besides that, even if it is a natural reaction, it's possible to not react this way, and Lucky Islands punishes for several other natural reactions too. When someone throws a potion at you I would argue it's a natural reaction to run away too, which is also punished for with the high speed potion. Although I do have to admit you're right about it being less harsh.

In conclusion, this potion would be a better drop than the speed potion, but in my opinion not to the point of it being unreasonable considering other Lucky Islands drops.

Dec 24, 2021
Poland
There are many more occasions speed is not an insta kill. due to always being able to shift and not always being able to water bucket MLG, this makes sense. the fall damage of leaping 40 is insane, while speed doesn't 'hurt' at all.

I definitely didn't say Lucky Islands is a greatly balanced gamemode. I see I did say the item would be too good, but I'll have to rephrase that: the item would be too unfair. nothing can be done about it, and in a chase, fight or even if you aren't paying attention and turn around or run away, you will jump 99% of the time, meaning you'll be killed. It's not about fighting without jumping, but when someone throws a potion at you, jumping is a usual reaction, which I find unfair to punish for.
I think the jumping potion would not only be for immobilizing the opponent, but for moving and escaping. There are a few maps where you have to go to high places (eg Temple).

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Aveezz The OG wrote on univesanand's profile.
Happy Birthday
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #19-
The Sun makes a sound but we can't hear it.
Reesle wrote on xireu's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay :D
Reesle wrote on Mantas2221's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! 👋
been working on chapter 4 + some changes to fhg
Top Bottom