Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

zachchaz

Apr 7, 2020
Hello, I just want to start off by saying Egg Wars is my favorite game mode. But I thought of a cool idea. A kit that gives u invisible potion. It could be called “Ghost” or something like that.

Potion would last 30 seconds (you are barely visible and you can still see armor unless you take it off)

It is a regular potion so you can’t splash it

You get potion ONCE every 20 mins

Last edited:

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello, I just want to start off by saying Egg Wars is my favorite game mode. But I thought of a cool idea. A kit that gives u invisible potion. It could be called “Ghost” or something like that.

Sounds interesting, but could be abused in some ways, but then in late game, it's practically useless even if you died. I'm going to remain neutral on this till I see more responses.

ElementThink

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
The Netherlands
I think the kit would be great if you’re not fully invisible but barely seen. And can you add a poll to vote? It would make this thread more clear.

Last edited:
Reactions: ItzEnd3r

SweetPotato__

Novice Member
Mar 16, 2020
USA
Interesting, i'd like to know more about it

how long does it last?

splash or reg

does it give more than one potion? (like rabbit)

how many points would it cost?

Maybe add a poll. I don't agree or disagree with this idea but I would like to know more about it.

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
imo, It is either way too overpowered or way too underpowered (depending on duration) If you get long enough to break 3 pieces of obsidian than it is too OP because you can burrow in a defence and its a free egg early or late game. But if its less than this long, you will just appear halfway through breaking an egg defence and get killed. These are more late-game situations, but thats where I see this being most used. I feel like this is too far to either side of the OP scale, and for that reason its a -1 from me.

Reactions: SweetPotato__

SenatorKarma

Apr 21, 2018

Potion would last 30 seconds (you are barely visible and you can still see armor unless you take it off)

I genuinely don’t like this at all, every 20 minutes... No. invisibility... No. The kits are fine as they are right now, the kit would be in effective against an experienced team anyway.

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
I know you mean no harm and just want to add something cool to the game, but I think this idea would be very, very bad for the development for the game. Don't get me wrong, its not the worst suggestion on here (someone in the replies here has suggested some truly baffling ideas), however it wouldn't quite work in this gamemode. Bridge camping would be very OP, breaking eggs wouldn't even be a challenge (whether that's late game or early game). Perhaps people will rage after they die to invis players and download clients to see invisible players, which of course would then lead to them spiralling into the never-ending cycle of hacking.

I appreciate the idea, but this has to be a very solid "no".

Reactions: SenatorKarma

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
imo, It is either way too overpowered or way too underpowered (depending on duration) If you get long enough to break 3 pieces of obsidian than it is too OP because you can burrow in a defence and its a free egg early or late game. But if its less than this long, you will just appear halfway through breaking an egg defence and get killed. These are more late-game situations, but thats where I see this being most used. I feel like this is too far to either side of the OP scale, and for that reason its a -1 from me.
Underpowered and overpowered at the same time? You seem a little confused. Perhaps you should think this through (just a tip).

Reactions: SenatorKarma

East

Dedicated Member
Oct 26, 2016
モンスターボール
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/She/They
I personally wouldn't want to see this kit being used, because it would be way to easy to get an enderpearl, take the potion and destroy the egg. I think the kit would be too overpowered even with that long of a cooldown. It just doesn't make the game fun to play anymore if someone destroys your egg using a invisibility potion.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Underpowered and overpowered at the same time? You seem a little confused. Perhaps you should think this through (just a tip).

Things can be underpowered in one way and op in another.

Example:
Punch Bowl is op as in it's easy to spam and can be used to camp. But, I could also say it's underpowered as people can just block themselves in and it's useless.

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
I know you mean no harm and just want to add something cool to the game, but I think this idea would be very, very bad for the development for the game. Don't get me wrong, its not the worst suggestion on here (someone in the replies here has suggested some truly baffling ideas), however it wouldn't quite work in this gamemode. Bridge camping would be very OP, breaking eggs wouldn't even be a challenge (whether that's late game or early game). Perhaps people will rage after they die to invis players and download clients to see invisible players, which of course would then lead to them spiralling into the never-ending cycle of hacking.

I appreciate the idea, but this has to be a very solid "no".

Also, people like you are the reason that the games on CCG never develop, try to have an open mind and embrace new possibilities. I agree with you here but I believe that your negativity is not bringing anything to this server or this conversation. Also I dont see why you feel the need to mention that you dont like someone else's idea on this thread, it is not the purpose and was just meant to be hurtful to whoever you are talking about. Please dont bring things like this into the conversation, toxicity like this is not found funny or appreciated by anyone.

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
In my personal opinion if we could somehow make the player semi-transparent other than fully transparent then that might be worth taking the time to looking into, therefore it would be less abuse able.
This would also make it less valuable, and imo, I would rather get feather falling or a few more iron at spawn then be slightly harder to see. This would make it less abusable but also would take away its functionality.

Axyy

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2016
Gone
www.cubecraft.net
I like the suggestion, but still think it would be too overpowered. You can easily invis-rush and win a game. Sooo, what about losing your invisibility if you take damage? It would make it less overpowered since you can't take any fall damage for example.

SweetPotato__

Novice Member
Mar 16, 2020
USA

30 seconds is wayyyy to long to be invisible. thats would make egg breaking way to easy and the kit would be way to overpowered. and once every 20 minutes?? most games i play last 5-15 minutes. -1 from me.

zachchaz

Apr 7, 2020
30 seconds is wayyyy to long to be invisible. thats would make egg breaking way to easy and the kit would be way to overpowered. and once every 20 minutes?? most games i play last 5-15 minutes. -1 from me.
I said that you’re barely visible plus every twenty minutes means that u won’t get a lot

Reactions: SpankMeSanta

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
Also, people like you are the reason that the games on CCG never develop, try to have an open mind and embrace new possibilities. I agree with you here but I believe that your negativity is not bringing anything to this server or this conversation. Also I dont see why you feel the need to mention that you dont like someone else's idea on this thread, it is not the purpose and was just meant to be hurtful to whoever you are talking about. Please dont bring things like this into the conversation, toxicity like this is not found funny or appreciated by anyone.
Strange. I've been told many times by many of my colleagues that I am "the most open-minded person on the forums" (not my words btw). In fact people often thank me in my private messages for being so knowledgeable and imparting such information onto them. My criticism is always constructive and I promote free-thinking of the members of this server. With all due respect, please keep your negativity elsewhere.

SweetPotato__

Novice Member
Mar 16, 2020
USA
Strange. I've been told many times by many of my colleagues that I am "the most open-minded person on the forums" (not my words btw). In fact people often thank me in my private messages for being so knowledgeable and imparting such information onto them. My criticism is always constructive and I promote free-thinking of the members of this server. With all due respect, please keep your negativity elsewhere.

please don't be so self centered. you just wrote an entire paragraph about how great you are

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Fly☆Guy's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
meow :33
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Otherworld's profile.
💙
UncleSpect wrote on Fly☆Guy's profile.
Happy birthday!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Fly☆Guy's profile.
Happy Birthday my friend, I hope you have a wonderful day today!:D
Top Bottom