Trident (Riptide , Loyalty)

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
I dont believe I posted here.

Kit : Poseidon

Full Blue Protection Leather
Trident (Riptide , Loyalty)
How much damage does the trident do with that armor? Did you test the kit? What does riptide do on maps without water? Does it have to rain for that kit to work?

MrGrumpyCheese

Dedicated Member
Jul 15, 2016
Classic Edition

Name:
Pyro
Mode: Insane

To kill your opponent you must set them on fire using your flint and steel! Gameplay is surprisingly similar to snow shovel spleef, as neither player wants to over-extend, but at the same time are trying to slowly trap the enemy into a corner or feint an attack.

Weapon:
Flint and Steel - Unbreakable
Equipment: 64 Orange Carpet
Effects: Permanent Weakness

Settings:
- Maximum and Starting Health set to 2 hp (1 heart)
- Hunger Disabled
- Block Placing Enabled
- Block Breaking Enabled

Notes
In fire a player loses 1 hp every 0.5 seconds, so with a starting health of 2 hp (1 heart) the player will either have time to realise they're on fire before they suddenly become a spectator, or maybe have a chance of escaping the flaming block before a second is over and have a chance of regenerating back to 2 hp before the next attack.

If the Unbreakable tag for some reason isn't easy to implement, Unbreaking 5 would do the trick.

Carpets are included to stop players being able to camp on an area of glass or grass path (which can not be ignited) by being placed next to the enemy, then if any adjacent block like glass is clicked on with the flint & steel it will light the sides of the carpet (or the air above the carpet at head height when directly clicked on). Especially since carpets have the maximum fire spread value and one of the longest burn times, their inclusion will allow any future potentially non-ignitable maps be transformed into a burning nightmare.

101_son

Jun 20, 2017
United Kingdom
Hello everyone!

Thank you so much for all of your kit suggestions, we had a hard time narrowing down your amazing suggestions. However, we are delighted to announce the following kits have been added to Duels, please note, kits may have been adjusted slightly due to our testing process and criteria. Listed in no particular order:
  • Miner by Gainfullterror.
  • OP SG by RemiO05.
  • Quickdrop by MrGrumpyCheese.
  • Armourer by Sailor_Rabbit.
  • Shell by CommunistCactus.
  • Rabbit by AlexanderDelPra.
  • Joust.
Also, OP UHC has been added to classic, as suggested by Tacosfanboy01 (no kit changes but OP UHC is now available for use in Classic 1.8).

Keep the suggestions flowing, we are always interested to hear your ideas and feedback! If your suggestion didn't make it into this update, keep an eye out in future updates for your kit showing up.

Enjoy!

Duels
Classic
  • Added Miner.
  • Added OP UHC.
  • Added OP SG.
  • Added Quickdrop.
Normal
  • Added Miner.
Overpowered
  • Added OP SG.
  • Added Armour.
  • Added Shell.
Insane
  • Added Rabbit.
  • Added Joust (the horse auto tames along with a saddle to the player that spawned it).
FFA
Wizard
  • Poison potion duration changed back to 6 seconds.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Hello everyone!

Thank you so much for all of your kit suggestions, we had a hard time narrowing down your amazing suggestions. However, we are delighted to announce the following kits have been added to Duels, please note, kits may have been adjusted slightly due to our testing process and criteria. Listed in no particular order:
  • OP SG by RemiO05.
  • Joust.
Also, OP UHC has been added to classic, as suggested by Tacosfanboy01 (no kit changes but OP UHC is now available for use in Classic 1.8).

Keep the suggestions flowing, we are always interested to hear your ideas and feedback! If your suggestion didn't make it into this update, keep an eye out in future updates for your kit showing up.

Enjoy!

Duels
Classic
  • Added Miner.
  • Added OP UHC.
  • Added OP SG.
  • Added Quickdrop.
Normal
  • Added Miner.
Overpowered
  • Added OP SG.
  • Added Armour.
  • Added Shell.
Insane
  • Added Rabbit.
  • Added Joust (the horse auto tames along with a saddle to the player that spawned it).
FFA
Wizard
Wow, amazing! My kit is selected!

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
Hello everyone!

• OP SG by RemiO05.
  • Joust.

Enjoy!

Duels
Classic
  • Added Miner.
  • Added OP UHC.
  • Added OP SG.
  • Added Quickdrop.
Normal
  • Added Miner.
Overpowered
  • Added OP SG.
  • Added Armour.
  • Added Shell.
Insane
  • Added Rabbit.
FFA
Wizard
Yo where's my credit for "Joust"

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
Hello everyone!

• OP SG by RemiO05.
  • Joust.

Enjoy!

Duels
Classic
  • Added Miner.
  • Added OP UHC.
  • Added OP SG.
  • Added Quickdrop.
Normal
  • Added Miner.
Overpowered
  • Added OP SG.
  • Added Armour.
  • Added Shell.
Insane
  • Added Rabbit.
FFA
Wizard
I really like all of the new kits except a few problems with OP Sg.
The iron axe im the kit does 8 damage per crit and often fights are just 4 or so axe crits. I think the armor could use a bit of improvement as well as the sword too since you typcially have diamond swords and armor in overpowered sg.

The second thing I really don't like about it is the hotbar layout. Usually I change around 4 items every time to get the hotbar correct. Here's how I like to set mine up but if it was just organized to be consistent with kits like UHC that would be great. :)

1: Sword
2: Bow
3: Axe (so I can switch between all three weapons easily)
4: Flint and Steel (so I don't accidentally catch myself on fire again when trying to use my water bucket)
5: Potions
6: Blocks (I don't really understand why these are in an Sg kit tbh)
7: Water
8: Gapples (usually they're in the offhand but it's nice to keep them next to my other food to saturation load if they aren't)
9: Bread (so it's next to my sword)

Other than those things I really like the kit especially how it's a pretty good bow practice kit. If the armor is buffed I would also like to see the bow buffed a little.

I enjoyed playing joust, armourer, and even quickdrop a lot yesterday. Overall it's a really good duels update!

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
I really like all of the new kits except a few problems with OP Sg.
The iron axe im the kit does 8 damage per crit and often fights are just 4 or so axe crits. I think the armor could use a bit of improvement as well as the sword too since you typcially have diamond swords and armor in overpowered sg.

The second thing I really don't like about it is the hotbar layout. Usually I change around 4 items every time to get the hotbar correct. Here's how I like to set mine up but if it was just organized to be consistent with kits like UHC that would be great. :)

4: Flint and Steel (so I don't accidentally catch myself on fire again when trying to use my water bucket)
8: Gapples (usually they're in the offhand but it's nice to keep them next to my other food to saturation load if they aren't)

Other than those things I really like the kit especially how it's a pretty good bow practice kit. If the armor is buffed I would also like to see the bow buffed a little.

I enjoyed playing joust, armourer, and even quickdrop a lot yesterday. Overall it's a really good duels update!
I designed that kit and it's nice to get feedback!
I agree with you, CubeCraft has to change the hotbar layout.
The armour mustn't be too OP, because that would decrease the fun of PvP, the battles shouldn't take too long, so you can play more games!
BTW, blocks are useful because you can dodge arrows with them!
(TY for the feedback :))

Reactions: Power Ranger

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
I designed that kit and it's nice to get feedback!
I agree with you, CubeCraft has to change the hotbar layout.
The armour mustn't be too OP, because that would decrease the fun of PvP, the battles shouldn't take too long, so you can play more games!
BTW, blocks are useful because you can dodge arrows with them!
(TY for the feedback :))
Yes but you can't place or use or even find blocks in SG
Also to dodge arrows you could use the shield like you would in an SG game

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
At first, I didn't really like the Armorer kit, because it depends so much on armor conserving. It can actually be fun once you accept it, but sadly most players don't notice that you have to take off your initial armor. Maybe all armor should have the Curse of Binding, or at least start with no armor equipped as a hint.

Close, but to order them correctly you have to swap Water and Blocks as well as Gapples and Bread. They even mixed up the hotbar in the OP SW kit, I have to move 7 items :(
Many servers have an option to change the item arrangement per kit permanently, that's very convenient.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Oi who thought this was a good idea?
JJxE1OE.png

jLK0USA.png

This kit is unplayable in Classic the axe simply does too much damage.

Feb 9, 2018
One-Hit Wonder (Insane kit):

Hotbar slot 1: Diamond Sword (Has 0 durability left - next hit will break it)
Offhand: Shield

Players start with 3 hearts and can't regenerate health.

CreeperSlimePig

Aug 4, 2016
Trader:

Note: I have tested this but with 4 absorbtion hearts instead of invincibility

Overview: Must trade to get items.

Settings:
Insane mode
2 minutes of invincibility (Protection 5) (so people can't have a fistfight immediately, kinda defeats the purpose)
Can place blocks (glowstone and wool can be obtained through trading)
Can break blocks (pickaxe can be obtained through trading)

Items:
2 stacks (128) villager eggs
3 stacks (192) emeralds
Anvil
64 flesh (to trade with clerics)
64 coal (to trade with fishermen)
64 raw chicken (to trade with butchers)

True Blindness:

Overview: Can't see at all

Settings:
Insane mode
Night Vision
Blindness
Glowing
Fire Resistance
No complicated maps (like the maze one)

Items:
Diamond sword with sharpness 3
Iron armor
64 steak
1 gapple

ProNoob877

Novice Member
Dec 1, 2017
YOUR SOUL
The Summoner Kit!
Has:
  • Full Chain Armor, Protection I
  • Stone Sword, Sharpness I
  • 2 zombie eggs(zombies attack enemy only)
  • 2 skeleton eggs(skeletons attack enemy only)
  • 1 charged creeper egg(creeper attacks enemy only)
  • Bow
  • 4 arrows

Nevermind3476

Novice Member
Mar 18, 2018
somewhere
The Summoner Kit!
Has:
  • Full Chain Armor, Protection I
  • Stone Sword, Sharpness I
  • 2 zombie eggs(zombies attack enemy only)
  • 2 skeleton eggs(skeletons attack enemy only)
  • 1 charged creeper egg(creeper attacks enemy only)
  • Bow
  • 4 arrows
Was just about to suggest this :(
Flyer:
Elytra
Leather Helmet(max unbreaking, protection I)
16 chargeless, 2 flight time fireworks
8 random charge, 1 flight time fireworks
3 throwable TNT (to make it more fun)
Iron Sword (Sharpness I)
Would be insane of course, and if possible would only be playable on maps with space to fly and an accessible high point where you can start flying (which would be most of them).
Or you could just have a potion of levitation to get high enough to start flying.
Also, no block breaking, tnt or by hand.

Last edited:
Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #40-
Walt Disney currently holds the most Academy Awards. Till now, Disney won 26 Oscars. Disney is nominated a grand total of 59 times!
Eli wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow!!!
Eli
"What say you?" said he, the abyss did not respond back.
Playing EggWars moslty on CubeCraft Java.
Top Bottom