Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

LunariusFlare

Aug 9, 2016
United States
Ok. After attempting to say completely appropriate things in chat, such as:
"Come to armor shop for free stuff" in assassinations, or
"Kill me at armor shop for free stuff"
I get blocked.

This filter needs a complete rework. Honestly, it isn't even that hard. Here's an idea I have for how it could work:
First, you need multiple lists. One with blacklisted phrases/words (swears, etc)
Another with "masking" chars. This would prevent things like @, $, and other characters from being used to mask swears.

Then, you scan the chat message for blacklisted phrases. Then, try subsituting letters for mask characters. It may slow down chat a bit, but it will be a definite improvement from the current filter, which blocks legit phrases and doesn't block masked swears.

Proditio

Dec 16, 2016
United States
it doesn't allow you to say things in the example because of the word free. It is against the rules to advertise products so it blocks that word for the safety of users because anyone selling things online free is most likely just selling you a virus.

LunariusFlare

Aug 9, 2016
United States
it doesn't allow you to say things in the example because of the word free. It is against the rules to advertise products so it blocks that word for the safety of users because anyone selling things online free is most likely just selling you a virus.
Good point, sort of thought this was probably why.
However, it used (might still do) to block things like Optifine, and even Mojang IIRC.

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
It dosent work obviously because many incorrectly placed reports have shown that they can still say "free"
Ok. After attempting to say completely appropriate things in chat, such as:
"Come to armor shop for free stuff" in assassinations, or
"Kill me at armor shop for free stuff"
I get blocked.

This filter needs a complete rework. Honestly, it isn't even that hard. Here's an idea I have for how it could work:
First, you need multiple lists. One with blacklisted phrases/words (swears, etc)
Another with "masking" chars. This would prevent things like @, $, and other characters from being used to mask swears.

Then, you scan the chat message for blacklisted phrases. Then, try subsituting letters for mask characters. It may slow down chat a bit, but it will be a definite improvement from the current filter, which blocks legit phrases and doesn't block masked swears.
ive also heard a new chat filter altogether is under development well see how far that goes

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

me after realizing my uncle started watching jjk: 😨💀
UncleSpect wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Hiiii xSchulzis! :D
UncleSpect wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on WolfX's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom