Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

RxgePVP

Nov 8, 2017
Meme Land
HELLO!
Cubecraft has done a great job with their chat censoring, but here are a few that need to be censored.
It isn't much and I'm pretty sure that this sort of thing would have been requested before but I would just like to raise awareness for this topic.
Here are the list of words:
Any variation of the word: NOOB
Thanks <3
PS: Ik toxicity isn't the biggest of issues on the Cubecraft community but if the classic word 'noob' has been censored, I thought why not do this :3

I'm going to be abused for making this stupid thread :/

Last edited:

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
HELLO!
Cubecraft has done a great job with their chat censoring, but here are a few that need to be censored.
It isn't much and I'm pretty sure that this sort of thing would have been requested before but I would just like to raise awareness for this topic.
n00b
n99b
n88b
n66b
And, rat. Rat has come up alot recently and it needs to be stopped for a better community.
Thanks <3
PS: Ik toxicity isn't the biggest of issues on the Cubecraft community but it's just something I feel strongly about and want to put an end to.
There'll always be chat abuse.
You just can't stop it.
If you block that words, you can still use words like 'nuuby',nqqb' and so on.

RxgePVP

Nov 8, 2017
Meme Land
There'll always be chat abuse.
You just can't stop it.
If you block that words, you can still use words like 'nuuby',nqqb' and so on.
Tru. As i said it's not such a big issue. People who take it personaly could always just turn chat off

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Indifferent to the proposed 'noob' censors since the original word is already blocked, but:

And, rat.
Okay, no. This is going too far. We're not going to start censoring animals. What next, elephant? Manatee? Hippo? Pig, skunk, horse? Words should only be blocked if they are insulting, not if they could be.

Edit:
Just to emphasize why this specific word shouldn't be censored, some people have rats as pets...

larwa

Novice Member
Sep 23, 2017
The Universe
HELLO!
n00b
n99b
n88b
n66b
And, rat. Rat has come up alot recently and it needs to be stopped for a better community.
Thanks <3
PS: Ik toxicity isn't the biggest of issues on the Cubecraft community but it's just something I feel strongly about and want to put an end to.
There are a lot of post about this, people will always find ways to by pass the system. some words cant be censored because they mean different things in other languages. But I think it is possible to censor n00b , n66b etc. but cencoring RAT is just plain stupid....

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
There are a lot of post about this, people will always find ways to by pass the system. some words cant be censored because they mean different things in other languages. But I think it is possible to censor n00b , n66b etc. but cencoring RAT is just plain stupid....
Yes, what if I want to say: 'My favourite animal is a rat!'?

Oct 22, 2017
HELLO!
n00b
n99b
n88b
n66b
Thanks <3
Maybe add "kid" to this list and stuff like k1d and stuff? I agree with what you are saying though

Reactions: RxgePVP

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
HELLO!
n00b
n99b
n88b
n66b
Thanks <3
I have seen a lot of use of the word "kid" because of all these censored words. So add "Kid" to the list as well? Noob is also a good one

RxgePVP

Nov 8, 2017
Meme Land
Indifferent to the proposed 'noob' censors since the original word is already blocked, but:

Okay, no. This is going too far. We're not going to start censoring animals. What next, elephant? Manatee? Hippo? Pig, skunk, horse? Words should only be blocked if they are insulting, not if they could be.

Edit:
Just to emphasize why this specific word shouldn't be censored, some people have rats as pets...
Thanks for the feedback, rat shall be taken off the list

RxgePVP

Nov 8, 2017
Meme Land
I agree with rat, it's just something I kept seeing pop up

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
And, kid. Kid has come up alot recently and it needs to be stopped for a better community.
Censoring this is a terrible idea.
Sure, it's often used as an "insult", but it's also used for its definition many times. Heck, majority of our player base consists of children, so when someone says "kid" they're mostly not even wrong. It's like an alternative to saying "dude", but in a slightly more condescending way. Nobody has a reason to be offended by it.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Censoring this is a terrible idea.
Sure, it's often used as an "insult", but it's also used for its definition many times. Heck, majority of our player base consists of children, so when someone says "kid" they're mostly not even wrong. It's like an alternative to saying "dude", but in a slightly more condescending way. Nobody has a reason to be offended by it.
Well said, kid.

Reactions: Gainfullterror
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Casualpoalrbear wrote on Aratic's profile.
Hope you're doing good man.
Casualpoalrbear wrote on Xi1m's profile.
I'mma guess your favorite S class hero have changed lmao.
Pluisje wrote on Evaluatiefout's profile.
gefeliciteerd schat 🫶🏼🫶🏼🫶🏼
Dutch_Frietjes wrote on Evaluatiefout's profile.
Eva bbgirl xx
Top Bottom