Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Ayroh

This is the first template I've ever made before. I'd love to hear questions, opinions, and/or critiques!

Attachments

• EggWars_Ep1.jpg
    EggWars_Ep1.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 150

Iggleboz

Aug 30, 2016
Neutral Bay
www.youtube.com
I love the background, but like yours and many others, it doesn't really say much about what happens in the video, just that you're doing Eggwars and that there is another person. This would be fine if the title is something along the lines of "Collab with _______" but if it isn't then it could be better. That said, it does look very clean and stylised, just maybe like pick out the most memorable thing from that video and put some sort of picture to do with that thing in the thumbnail, a shortened version of the title in that thumbnail would be nice, but it does still take up a lot of space so don't worry about that too much. If the video doesn't have many/not very memorable moments, then you should probably record another video. Once again, what did you use to make that thumbnail? I just used PowerPoint then screen-grabbed it and it looked awful, but I recently found another program called Pixlr Editor, however I have yet to put it to use in a thumbnail. I think your channel will do well.

Reactions: Ayroh

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Once again, what did you use to make that thumbnail? I just used PowerPoint then screen-grabbed it and it looked awful, but I recently found another program called Pixlr Editor, however I have yet to put it to use in a thumbnail. I think your channel will do well.
Just use Gimp if you don't have money for Photoshop. It's free and works perfectly. Paint.Net is also nice.
This is the first template I've ever made before. I'd love to hear questions, opinions, and/or critiques!
Well this is below mediocre. It's not really the best I've seen but it isn't the worst.
You should try using Blender (it's free) or other rendering software to make yourself some character renders. NovaSkin isn't really the best. Or ask someone to do it for you. That way you will have some nice renders to use in certain thumbnails.
Another possibility is to make a screenshot of something cool that happened in-game (Go to your video watch it and if something cool happens screenshot it.)
That way you will be able to use that as thumbnail.

Ayroh

Good enough for the 5 year olds that watch minecraft youtuber lets play eggwars part 373 OMG Eggwars TROLLING Gine Wrong! I banned for hacker applying for staff on CubePlex
Thanks?

I don't like the orange text, but the background is okay! :D
Thank you for your opinion, will take it into consideration. I used that color (more of a gold) because it’s a key color to my “brand”.

I love the background, but like yours and many others, it doesn't really say much about what happens in the video, just that you're doing Eggwars and that there is another person. This would be fine if the title is something along the lines of "Collab with _______" but if it isn't then it could be better. That said, it does look very clean and stylised, just maybe like pick out the most memorable thing from that video and put some sort of picture to do with that thing in the thumbnail, a shortened version of the title in that thumbnail would be nice, but it does still take up a lot of space so don't worry about that too much. If the video doesn't have many/not very memorable moments, then you should probably record another video. Once again, what did you use to make that thumbnail? I just used PowerPoint then screen-grabbed it and it looked awful, but I recently found another program called Pixlr Editor, however I have yet to put it to use in a thumbnail. I think your channel will do well.
Thanks so much for the helpful recommendations! As for your question, I used Adobe Photoshop for all of it. However, I used NovaSkins for the character png(s).

Just use Gimp if you don't have money for Photoshop. It's free and works perfectly. Paint.Net is also nice.

Well this is below mediocre. It's not really the best I've seen but it isn't the worst.
You should try using Blender (it's free) or other rendering software to make yourself some character renders. NovaSkin isn't really the best. Or ask someone to do it for you. That way you will have some nice renders to use in certain thumbnails.
Another possibility is to make a screenshot of something cool that happened in-game (Go to your video watch it and if something cool happens screenshot it.)
That way you will be able to use that as thumbnail.
Thank you for the recommendations! I’ll have to give those a test. I know; I would have loved to use better characters, but I didn’t know where to start (besides for NovaSkins). Thanks again so much for the constructive criticism and ideas.

Reactions: remio

Thomasxo

May 21, 2016
the Netherlands
I really like it but I personally shouldn’t use the black and white colours, I should use like the eggwars hub colours but that is just my opinion, nice work!

DocMenios

Jul 21, 2016
In a country
it's not the best but also not the worst! I think that's excellent for the first try, keep trying and one day you will become a very professional graphic designer ;)

Reactions: Ayroh

Ayroh

it's not the best but also not the worst! I think that's excellent for the first try, keep trying and one day you will become a very professional graphic designer ;)
Thanks, appreciate the feedback!

I don't like the color of font.
It’s here to stay sorry, hopefully you’d like it more if you were to see the revamp I’m working on. Can’t win them all I suppose ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: DocMenios

HackersDontWin

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
If you have the possibility, do this:

Text
- Remove the shadow. It won't be visible on the YT page/app.
- Make the color stand out more. Don't get me wrong here and think that I'm telling you to change the color (Any color but black is great), just make sure it is "more alive" to stand out from the rest on thumbnails a person would see.
- Not necessary but it's what I do: Give the text a white stroke to make it stand out from the background.
- Not necessary again: Not needed to put "EggWars" on the thumbnail as presumably it's on the title. If it's not in the title, I would let it be.
- If you're numerating your videos with episodes, put it where a person would look at first (Studies show that we tend to look first to the bottom right corner of a page, but as we're talking about thumbnails where we would see the image 10% of the real size). In other words, I suggest putting episode numbers in one of the corners of the thumbnail, in this case, the bottom right corner as it wouldn't be covering anything important, but make sure that it doesn't cover up the dragon egg as the egg being visible makes the person viewing the thumbnail know better what they're about to see.

Skin renders

- Not necessary but I suggest giving them a white stroke to make them stand out from the background.

Lens Flare
- Remove it. (*)

"Minecraft" title
- If it already says "minecraft" in the title, remove it, if not, keep it.
- Make it a little brighter (Not too much!) to make it "shine" a bit more.
- Not necessary but add a stroke to it if possible.
- Try not to make it overlap other items in the foreground (What I do is make the title the layer just above the background screenshot and below everything else to avoid this. The game title isn't the most important thing when making a video on it.). I noticed that it happens in the "M" for "Minecraft" with the "E" of "EggWars" but don't panic about it as on the thumbnail given it wouldn't be visible on the YT page.

Background
- (*) I can see that the lens flare could be coming from the shader pack that you used in the screenshot. In this case, if everything else stands out from the screenshot, I wouldn't make the background black and white but give it a little bit more green (For the leaves) and also give it a little bit more of whatever the color is that is under the dragon egg. If the foreground items don't stand out from the background though, I would simply leave it black and white then.

Don't take the above as if I'm trying to smash you down or anything. I just want to let you know that if you want to grow an audience fast, the thumbnail is the first thing that a person would be seeing so every detail would count. With this said, I'm going to follow up with a few suggestions which I follow (Some of them, not all)

Suggestions for the actual video if it gets uploaded
- Add tags including the game (Minecraft), the minigame (In this case "EggWars", "Egg Wars"), the server ("CubeCraftGames", "CubeCraft Games", "Cube Craft Games", "Cube Craft"), and finally your channel name + your channel name spelt with typos (Because everyone can make typos and if you included a tag that is a typo of your name, there might be a chance that he's searching for the tag that you put up! :P)
- In the video title, start it with the minigame you're playing (In this case EggWars), and then follow it up by a catchy phrase (Catchy doesn't mean clickbait. Clickbait is actually against YT's Community Guidelines)
- In the description, if you watch my videos, don't follow me there as I put random stuff on the first lines, but if you're looking forward into getting a bigger audience faster than what regular channels get, make sure that the first lines include some key words such as the game you're playing, with who is there is a who, etc.
- If you get hate comments, just ignore it and if it still botheres you, delete it from your comment section and done. Never think to yourself that you're worse just because someone hates their video. Think of it like this: A hater only hates because they don't have anything else to do than waste their time on others by trying to make them feel bad. If you get a hate comment, last thing you want to do is respond to it ("Don't feed the troll!"). Ignore it as their hate is not worth your time.

Hopefully this all helped a little bit :)

~ HDW

Reactions: DocMenios

Ayroh

Text
- Make the color stand out more. Don't get me wrong here and think that I'm telling you to change the color (Any color but black is great), just make sure it is "more alive" to stand out from the rest on thumbnails a person would see.
- Not necessary but it's what I do: Give the text a white stroke to make it stand out from the background.
- Not necessary again: Not needed to put "EggWars" on the thumbnail as presumably it's on the title. If it's not in the title, I would let it be.
- If you're numerating your videos with episodes, put it where a person would look at first (Studies show that we tend to look first to the bottom right corner of a page, but as we're talking about thumbnails where we would see the image 10% of the real size). In other words, I suggest putting episode numbers in one of the corners of the thumbnail, in this case, the bottom right corner as it wouldn't be covering anything important, but make sure that it doesn't cover up the dragon egg as the egg being visible makes the person viewing the thumbnail know better what they're about to see.

Skin renders

- Not necessary but I suggest giving them a white stroke to make them stand out from the background.

Lens Flare
- Remove it. (*)

"Minecraft" title
- Try not to make it overlap other items in the foreground (What I do is make the title the layer just above the background screenshot and below everything else to avoid this. The game title isn't the most important thing when making a video on it.). I noticed that it happens in the "M" for "Minecraft" with the "E" of "EggWars" but don't panic about it as on the thumbnail given it wouldn't be visible on the YT page.

Background
- (*) I can see that the lens flare could be coming from the shader pack that you used in the screenshot. In this case, if everything else stands out from the screenshot, I wouldn't make the background black and white but give it a little bit more green (For the leaves) and also give it a little bit more of whatever the color is that is under the dragon egg. If the foreground items don't stand out from the background though, I would simply leave it black and white then.

Don't take the above as if I'm trying to smash you down or anything. I just want to let you know that if you want to grow an audience fast, the thumbnail is the first thing that a person would be seeing so every detail would count. With this said, I'm going to follow up with a few suggestions which I follow (Some of them, not all)

- Add tags including the game (Minecraft), the minigame (In this case "EggWars", "Egg Wars"), the server ("CubeCraftGames", "CubeCraft Games", "Cube Craft Games", "Cube Craft"), and finally your channel name + your channel name spelt with typos (Because everyone can make typos and if you included a tag that is a typo of your name, there might be a chance that he's searching for the tag that you put up! :p)
- In the video title, start it with the minigame you're playing (In this case EggWars), and then follow it up by a catchy phrase (Catchy doesn't mean clickbait. Clickbait is actually against YT's Community Guidelines)
- In the description, if you watch my videos, don't follow me there as I put random stuff on the first lines, but if you're looking forward into getting a bigger audience faster than what regular channels get, make sure that the first lines include some key words such as the game you're playing, with who is there is a who, etc.
- If you get hate comments, just ignore it and if it still botheres you, delete it from your comment section and done. Never think to yourself that you're worse just because someone hates their video. Think of it like this: A hater only hates because they don't have anything else to do than waste their time on others by trying to make them feel bad. If you get a hate comment, last thing you want to do is respond to it ("Don't feed the troll!"). Ignore it as their hate is not worth your time.

~ HDW
Dude, seriously, you’re the best! Thank you so much for the advice and constructive criticism. Thank you so much for taking your time to write this long message. I truly do appreciate it.

I’m not asking for you to record with me, but I’d love to talk and hang out with you maybe if that’s okay! Maybe we could play some EggWars? Feel free to add me in game, or even add me on Disc (AyrohYT#6857, RaginC#4971 [mobile device])

Muetta

Oct 21, 2016
The Best Train Station
1. I don't like the white and black theme
2. Why episode 1 is not required. Minecraft Eggwars is just fine.
3. If want better skin art/graphics i suggest that you use mine-inator.

Ayroh

Text

Skin renders

Lens Flare
- Remove it. (*)

"Minecraft" title

Background

- Add tags including the game (Minecraft), the minigame (In this case "EggWars", "Egg Wars"), the server ("CubeCraftGames", "CubeCraft Games", "Cube Craft Games", "Cube Craft"), and finally your channel name + your channel name spelt with typos (Because everyone can make typos and if you included a tag that is a typo of your name, there might be a chance that he's searching for the tag that you put up! :p)

~ HDW
I'm currently in the process of creating my new thumbnail and was thinking about using a Minecraft screenshot in the background, but I ran into a dilemma.

If I were to use a Minecraft screenshot, it'd have to be something to do with EggWars. Otherwise it wouldn't make sense, right? However, if I take a screenshot in game, such as the one shown below, it limits me to that map..? What would you recommend doing?

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

JokeKaedee wrote on xEefster's profile.
Happy birthday, Eef <3
Thank you all for your sweet birthday wishes 💕
UncleSpect wrote on xEefster's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #56-
About 3.2 billion people around the world (roughly 46% of the global population) watched at least a minute of the 2010 World Cup!
Top Bottom