Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
It's stronger than a sniper at long range AND it's stronger than a shotgun at close range, even when it has a lower level.
The only reason why anyone would want it to stay this way is because they like to abuse this unbalance themselves.
Considering we don't want the game to end up being played with pretty much the same gun being used by everyone, I suggest the AR gets nerfed.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Quoting from this thread: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/battle-zone-assault-rifle-nerf.207326/
So... I'd like to bring some more attention to this. After playing a few more games, I can conclude that the AR is insanely OP, and nothing even comes close to it. I really don't want to see people abusing it for the next few days, as that can really ruin the experience. Could a nerf for it be pushed ASAP?
I'll be a bit more descriptive as to why it's OP:
-It's easy to aim, and feels like you don't even have to get close to the player with your cursor
-It does insane amounts of damage (especially legendary and mythical)
-It holds a decent amount of ammunition
-Reload time really isn't that long
-Most of the time, the burst of three rounds hit the player

About the burst:
I'm not sure, but I feel as if every individual bullet from the burst does the amount of damage that is displayed in the tooltip of the gun. It'd be way better if the total damage from all of the bullets of the burst would add up to that number.
Example:
You find an AR which does 22 damage according to the specs. Each time you shoot, it shoots a burst of 3 rounds. It seems as if each one of those 3 rounds does 22 damage, making it 66 damage in total per shot. I'd like to make it so that the 3 rounds themselves total up to 22 damage, instead of the individual rounds doing 22. Basically this would mean that each bullet would do 7.3 damage.
A single burst should do 22 damage in total.
This is completely a guess as to how the bullet damage is, so if I'm wrong, reducing the damage itself could be an option.
Story already mentioned how he also thinks it's really broken, so I'm guessing a nerf will be pushed out later down the line.

Reactions: CommunistCactus

Facher

Novice Member
May 6, 2018
It's stronger than a sniper at long range AND it's stronger than a shotgun at close range, even when it has a lower level.
The only reason why anyone would want it to stay this way is because they like to abuse this unbalance themselves.
Considering we don't want the game to end up being played with pretty much the same gun being used by everyone, I suggest the AR gets nerfed.
Yeah! Since you're a communist, you want weapons to be equally strong. I agree!

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
Yup, I certainly agree with this one. I always think when someone kills me at close range how they work with the shotgun, but they just kill me with an Assault Rifle at close range.

TheSweetSuitMan

May 31, 2017
Roosendaal, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
Agree, hit someone with the AR nearly out of render distance with relative ease, while snipping them takes for ever and isn't as accurate while dealing insufficient damage. At close range the shotgun does more damage, assuming hit them dead-on, but when averaged out, the AR still has a higher damage output (from experience).
Perhaps a slightly higher bullet-spread and a good chunk less damage would do the trick
+1

vinlir

Jun 14, 2015
Belgium
www.youtube.com
Yeah, ARs are insanly accurate at very longy range, ok they should but this is just over the top. The shotgun is only good when someone is standing still at close range, to hit someone who's moving around you have to precisely predict and aim with fast reaction speed. Aren't shotguns and machine rifles just under-powered ? The ARs aren't that good at very close range they're just better than shotguns and machine guns. So nerf ar at long range and buff shotguns and maybe machine rifles at close range.

TheSweetSuitMan

May 31, 2017
Roosendaal, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
Yeah, ARs are insanly accurate at very longy range, ok they should but this is just over the top. The shotgun is only good when someone is standing still at close range, to hit someone who's moving around you have to precisely predict and aim with fast reaction speed. Aren't shotguns and machine rifles just under-powered ? The ARs aren't that good at very close range they're just better than shotguns and machine guns. So nerf ar at long range and buff shotguns and maybe machine rifles at close range.
I thin machine guns are quite good. They are not necessarily better than the AR, but they have a big clip and are quite functional at close/medium range. Perhaps a slight damage increase would be better, but I don't think they're underpowered

Reactions: vinlir
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #51-
One two-story stronghold library has 233 bookshelves, and if you break them, you will get 699 books (approximate).
Kazwa wrote on itsmochhi's profile.
Thanks for everything!
The Forums was super glitched out earlier xD
img_5358-png.230114

IMG_5359.png

img_5360-png.230116

A simple refresh and then everything was back to normal :)
Eli wrote on itsmochhi's profile.
Thank you for everything!!!
Tripleee wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Top Bottom