Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

How does it look so far?

• Great! (Leave a comment or suggestion please)

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Never! (Please Identify your problems with it)

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters

TriangleAttack

Dedicated Member
Mar 13, 2016
Lestallum
fireemblem.wikia.com
Hello,
I have been thinking about this map long and hard. Today I finally decided to make it!
  • An 8 player map
  • Each base has: 2 Iron gens (1 Broken, other is level 1) a level 1 gold Gen, and a diamond gen.
  • The middle will be playground themed, Having 1 level 3 diamond gen, a level 2 diamond gen, and a leve 1 diamond gen.
  • Each base's garage will be the color of the team.
I have a quick video of it. After watching, please rate my idea.
Video:

Reactions: DragonSan

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
Needs more detail, maybe you can add some different types of grass or some slabs/stairs :)

Reactions: MooTa

DragonSan

Dedicated Member
Sep 1, 2016
It's very basic. Not bad, but not good either, just meh.

It's clear you have a good build plan and ideas already floating around in your head, which is great. But this map so far is in some desperate need of some detail. You could make the structure less 'blocky' by adding more depth to the walls and making the islands a little bigger to accomadate it. Also the garden could use a little bit of grass or flowers, but I don't mind it looking clean cut too much. My main problem is the interiors which need some work - try adding some furniture or decoration, play around with the roof and ceiling a little more.

To be honest the garage and attic are both kind of bad base design, as there is only 1 entrance and exit. This would make it easy to trap you in with obsidian by either a troll on your team or the enemy which would be really annoying. I suggest adding another exit like a back door for the garage or a ladder to the attic to combat this.

Keep working on it, I'm interested to see what the final thing will look like. The playground in mid sounds kinda fun!

P.S If you would like any help building or designing any of this map, feel free to send me a message :D

Reactions: SrKlompenstein

Yamin

Forum Veteran
May 8, 2016
the sushi bar
It's a good startbut a bit too flat and square:
Try to make it more like it looks in real life, but dont over detail it.

MooTa

Dedicated Member
Jul 25, 2016
YouTube
I really like the idea, but there should be more detail, also I think the terain is too flat, and I don't think this is a good map to pvp on.

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
For starters, it needs a lot more detail.
Ill list out suggestions:
- The grass looks very unnatural, give it detail and make it look natural, grass, trees, etc.
- Add some lighting inside of the room where the iron gens are, and the house in general
- The egg location is a bit odd to me, move it somewhere else, i dont know where though.
- The exterior of the house looks somewhat ugly, give it more detail, maybe give it some more shape, what i mean is get rid of all the squareness to it.
- Remove the fences around the villager (I know its to keep it still, but remove them when it is permanately still)
- The whole island is to square, give the ground some shape as with the house to make it more natural.
- The block choice for the road doesnt look very good to me, maybe use coal blocks.

Hopefully my input could help! :D

ISTY.

Forum Expert
Dec 26, 2016
London
www.nasa.gov
I like what you are doing here, but imo, it's a bit similar to nightmare, with the house theme. Also, you might want to put some sort of outside rather than just have a house, (if that makes any sense). Also, to me atleast, the house looks very simplistic, but if is this what you going for, good for you, bud :p. Another thing I'd like to say is, I think it would be pretty cool if you opened up the roof of the house, a bit like on the map farm though on that map it's only in the middle,, this would enable sneak attacks, and I think it would be pretty cool. I'm gonna assume that you are not done with the build yet. Imo so far good. Also, do you have any idea of would you like to call the map? maybe something along the lines of "mansion" maybe?

EDIT: I didn't see the title post and that you had already named it.. lol:/

Last edited:

TriangleAttack

Dedicated Member
Mar 13, 2016
Lestallum
fireemblem.wikia.com
@EveryoneWhoReplied
Thanks for the ideas! Maybe I will add a backyad with a gold generator and move the egg into the garage. Also, I could add a ladder leading to the roof of the house. The backyad will have some trees and a sandbox, i will replace the road with coal. It would look better, i will a layer around the house of wood and play around with the not so blocky idea. Also, i will add blocks under the base to make it look like an actual eggwars map. Adding trees around the overall base would look very nice!!!
Thanks to everyone for the feedback and support!

@Da_Steel_Dragon I would love help! Pm me and we can arrange a time!

Reactions: Deeds and DragonSan

DragonSan

Dedicated Member
Sep 1, 2016
View attachment 126854

Uhhh, I can't start a conversation with you for whatever reason xD This is how a normal profile thingy looks:

upload_2017-1-3_18-48-21.png

:L This is how yours looks:

upload_2017-1-3_18-48-52.png

Soooo instead of talking on the forums, just add me as a friend on Cubecraft and send me a message when we're both onlne :D

my IGN: Dragon_San

MelissaWDS

Jan 2, 2017
UK
I love the creativity of the ideas, especially the playground in the middle. I think you've definitely got an idea that is different. However the island is very rectangular and blocky. I think you could add a more rough looking edge to remove that effect and make the garden/land more realistic. On top of that, adding bushes that are about 3 or so blocks high around the edge would give more depth to the land. Make the blocks more random underneath the house, if you know what I'm getting at. At the moment it's a very straight downhill to centre and quite small too. Adding more dirt than stone at the tops and gradually getting it to no stone at the bottoms would definitely add to the character of it. A better way to structure it would be 4-5 blocks straight down of dirt and stone, mixed, with little cut outs of the blocks and sticking out blocks on the way down. Then move in a level and do about 2-3 blocks down, less dirt than stone, and again some cut out and sticking out blocks. Then another level in, 2-3 blocks down. Same idea but no dirt. And so on until you reach the middle.

If you would like me to create an island structure video, pm me.

So far, I'm loving the ideas but they just need placing into minecraft.

Dec 23, 2016
Australia
www.youtube.com
a good idea but maybe more detail. If you look at the islands on any map u can see that it isn't all flat for example snowy map they add not only snow blocks but ice and compacted ice and some snow layers to give a little depth. It's an excellent idea but needs work. SUGGESTION: maybe post the world save for people to download it, work on it and improve it and then submit ideas.

DragonSan

Dedicated Member
Sep 1, 2016

It's looking better now with some interior stuff and an improved garden, the structure itself needs improving though as well as the island itself. I promised I would help and I still intend to do so : P (I was really busy last night, sorry)

If you're going to work on it tonight, I will definitely lend my help \o/ I have a lot of ideas to add and change around, I hope you like them! (if you don't just tell me to get rid of it, it's your build afterall)

Last edited:
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
1713570291417.png

I know right
JokeKaedee wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!! 🎊
JokeKaedee wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Gefeliciteerd mopje 🥰💕
JokeKaedee wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congrats 🎊💗
Tommy Boi wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
good job, good luck
Top Bottom