Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
This thread will serve as a discussion and a suggestion about the necro posting rule on be forums. :3 ♡

So one of the main things on the forums that I don't like much anymore is people asking for necropost locks and people having to repost old suggestions to get them seen again. I know this probably doesn't reflect the majority of the forums but I honestly don't mind necroposting even if its a pretty bad reply as I use "New Posts" and read every thread anyway :P I don't think necroposting has caused any harm to anyone ♡

So here's my suggestions:
Remove necro posting from the main forum rules and leave it as an unwritten rule such as replying to player reports was. I feel like necro posting locks should only be done in a few cases where a thread is recieving short replies such as "+1" or "ok" and it should be completely up to a moderator when to lock something for necroposting.

A couple benefits:
1. People can just bump their old well detailed suggestions instead of posting new ones. ♡
2. Less confusion among new members ♡
3. Less asking for necropost locks ♡
4. Reduced amount of resuggestions as the most wanted suggestions will probably stay at be top of the forums. ♡
5. More stuff for me to read when I'm bored :3 ♡​

Please note that this isn't suggesting to remove the pointless posts part of the rule just repsonding to old threads ♡

"But ♡♡♡♡, what if my suggestion is not seen?!?!?!"
Good question, chances are I've read or will read your suggestion anyway but there is still a couple things you can do to get it to more people: tag members you know to give their opinion on your suggestion or simply bump your suggestion ♡

Probably going to get a lot of backlash for this but be sure to leave your opinion on the necro posting rule in general and whether or not you think it should be kept ♡

D

Deleted member 169486

I once saw a still relivent thread get locked 15 days after the last reply...

Snodia

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2015
deep inside my mind...
1. People can just bump their old well detailed suggestions instead of posting new ones.
Wouldn't it just be worse to have like 10 "bump" messages and no actual feedback? In turn making more "unrelated" posts.
2. Less confusion among new members
If the rule is removed, wouldn't it make it MORE confusing for new members? As they would get a message not to necropost or a warning point and they won't know why.

I once saw a still relivent thread get locked 15 days after the last reply...
That's how it is right now. If a thread hasn't been posted on in 2 weeks (14 days) then you shouldn't post on it anymore as it is bringing back a dead thread.

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
Wouldn't it just be worse to have like 10 "bump" messages and no actual feedback? In turn making more "unrelated" posts.
Then the thread could be locked for going off topic :P I just don't like it when threads are locked because someone have a legitimate reply to and old thread. The suggestion would keep the "useless posts" part of the rule just remove the part about not replying to threads older than two weeks ♡ also if bumping were to be a problem with necroposting being removed why isn't it a big problem now when people have to bump their suggestions to avoid them being locked? :3 ♡

If the rule is removed, wouldn't it make it MORE confusing for new members? As they would get a message not to necropost or a warning point and they won't know why.
They would simply receive a warning for posting a useless post instead ♡ if they posted a legitimate post on, for example, a "games" thread from a year ago they would receive a necro post warning. It would be no less confusing than replying to player reports being a rule ;3 cases like posting on threads from a year ago are so rare that I think a staff member could easily tell the person what they did wrong just as they did when player reports were replied to ♡

D

Deleted member 169486

That's how it is right now. If a thread hasn't been posted on in 2 weeks (14 days) then you shouldn't post on it anymore as it is bringing back a dead thread.

But on say a bug report that is still relevant someone might bump it because it still needs to be fixed but it would get locked and they would have to make a whole new thread.

ShyRazu

Jan 26, 2017
I like this idea aswell. If, for example, you go into ''Minecraft Creations'', find something you really like and really well built but can't reply to it since it's 2 weeks old, it is really annoying.

The bad part of it is someone might and will spam the thread just to bump it even if it's not the best idea in the world :/

Reactions: Power Ranger

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
I like this idea aswell. If, for example, you go into ''Minecraft Creations'', find something you really like and really well built but can't reply to it since it's 2 weeks old, it is really annoying.

The bad part of it is someone might and will spam the thread just to bump it even if it's not the best idea in the world :/
Then it cal always be locked because of spam :)

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

BicolourSine41 wrote on L1kii's profile.
Hello! How much xp still needed for level 315?
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Thank you for everything and your hard work !! I hope i will see around
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations for the promotion
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congratulations for the promotion
Top Bottom