Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

InsaneOrbitzz

Nov 18, 2019
Hi so,

The new game Mega Eggwars is a pretty cool concept and I can see why some people may enjoy it and why it was implemented but I'm not a massive fan of it.
I'm not criticising it as such, but even though it may not have been rushed. It feels like it wasn't really thought through.

My first thought:
So obviously its Eggwars, everything about it is done very well, up until the teams. Eggwars squads has 4 islands / 4 teams (incase you didnt know) - and its playable and very much enjoyable.

However Mega having 4 teams of 10 it just doesn't work. I played one game with randoms and every other player died including those on 2 other teams. This then left me in a 1v8 (players leaving) with no egg while they had an egg. When solo queuing 9/10 times the players aren't really sure how to play (no offence) so it legit makes it impossible to play without a squad. Yeah I know I could just find a squad but not everyone is able to do that.
My point is at least on squads I stand a chance to 1v4 because they dont have 200 obsidian around their egg.

My suggestion: follow in the hive's footsteps, make it 2 teams of 10 or 20, then have 3 eggs that you have to destroy (per team). I feel like it would make games more enjoyable and more fair, because 4 teams on 10 where you also have to destroy and egg surrounded by 64 obsidian it just doesn't work in my opinion. Skywars worked due to you having to only kill them once and it was small maps. You didnt have to cross country across the air.

My second thought:
The map sizes, obviously you want to make the games longer to have people playing longer and I can see why its a good strat. But when I have to use nearly 200 blocks to bridge a certain way on one of the maps while battling my team for a piece of iron as well as little lag spikes while speed bridging it doesn't make it fun

My suggestion: Make smaller maps if you dont decide to make it only 2 teams.

Then finally the normal criticisms, lag for any players outside of Europe due to no servers, the broken KB, etc ive said about it all before.

I hope you listen to my ideas and take them into consideration. I understand you want to release as many games as possible but maybe it could be better to slow down and focus on the gameplay mechanics for a while, after all it isn't a race.

Add your own ideas and debate below, if you disagree lemme know, no need to be rude tho :D

Oct 11, 2020
Philippines
Good thread. But the only issue is the Huge Lag it makes. I can’t even leave my island so i had to turn all my settings down. I recommend Never Playing This Gamemode If You Are On a Low End Device. Only players on a High End PC can play this gamemode properly with no lag whatsoever.

Reactions: Herbubulle

Herbubulle

Jul 3, 2020
The JOJOLands
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Good thread. But the only issue is the Huge Lag it makes. I can’t even leave my island so i had to turn all my settings down. I recommend Never Playing This Gamemode If You Are On a Low End Device. Only players on a High End PC can play this gamemode properly with no lag whatsoever.
i can't play eggwars (any gamemode) on switch because of LAG same with 4 chunk and every settings down like fancy graphisms

Reactions: TippyAlpaca5146

CeleryAskin

Novice Member
Oct 3, 2020
United States
www.youtube.com
When solo queuing 9/10 times the players aren't really sure how to play (no offence) so it legit makes it impossible to play without a squad. Yeah I know I could just find a squad but not everyone is able to do that.
I mean, to be fair the game's new and not everyone's a sweat at eggwars. And also you're YouTube rank - I'm sure you could find a squad if you wanted to, I actually really like this game once I have a party.

Personally, I haven't experienced any lag, which is surprising considering I have a very low-end laptop. But obviously you should work on fixing it for other people lol

Reactions: InsaneOrbitzz

InsaneOrbitzz

Nov 18, 2019
I mean, to be fair the game's new and not everyone's a sweat at eggwars. And also you're YouTube rank - I'm sure you could find a squad if you wanted to, I actually really like this game once I have a party.

Personally, I haven't experienced any lag, which is surprising considering I have a very low-end laptop. But obviously you should work on fixing it for other people lol
I mentioned for me its different but for everyone its not the case :D

ProfParzival

May 6, 2019
London, UK
www.youtube.com
I'm kinda enjoying it tbh.. It's like a cross between FFA and eggwars. I'm hella enjoying the full team wipes that are possible... it certainly gets the heart beating when you're 1 v 8'ing or even 1 v 10'ing haha.

I know it's not everyone's preferred style but I kinda like the clutch game possibilities where you're up against it and have to be creative when you've only got one or two players left on your team and an opposing team has a full complement complete with egg and some stacked players.. it's really quite satisfying to come out of that on top if you possibly can.

Reactions: FartiliciousMaleGuy

MeliodasWrath

Aug 27, 2019
the UK *sips tea*
Although I do not have bedrock minecraft, I can see what you mean. Trying to break an egg surrounded by 10 players is almost impossible. I agree that they should have maybe 10 teams of 2 instead. +1

Reactions: InsaneOrbitzz

Landon AWESOME9

Novice Member
May 9, 2020
dude i did a 1v10 with leather when the other kids had random leather/chain/iron the key is to buy 4 sets of armor 18 g carrots 12 stacks of blocks a stone sword run at 6 hearts and target the weakest

Cyanlloyd

Feb 8, 2020
My tip: try to rush as fast as possible, mainly on OP; since obsidian is cheap there

FartiliciousMaleGuy

Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2017
under your bed
I'm kinda enjoying it tbh.. It's like a cross between FFA and eggwars. I'm hella enjoying the full team wipes that are possible... it certainly gets the heart beating when you're 1 v 8'ing or even 1 v 10'ing haha.

I know it's not everyone's preferred style but I kinda like the clutch game possibilities where you're up against it and have to be creative when you've only got one or two players left on your team and an opposing team has a full complement complete with egg and some stacked players.. it's really quite satisfying to come out of that on top if you possibly can.
Finally people are catching on. Ever since getting progressively better at the game this has been my go to for past few years now, this kind of playstyle is vastly more interesting, fast paced, strategic, intense and satisfying to win. Winfarming with parties of good players are boring (unless you're up against a different party of good players); but i digress.

Seems like a pretty cool gamemode, i love these grand epic battles which this seems to have, never played it yet though cause i don't have bedrock; so something to keep in mind i guess.
My suggestion: follow in the hive's footsteps, make it 2 teams of 10 or 20, then have 3 eggs that you have to destroy (per team). I feel like it would make games more enjoyable and more fair, because 4 teams on 10 where you also have to destroy and egg surrounded by 64 obsidian it just doesn't work in my opinion.
Perhaps i misunderstand, but isn't this nearly exactly like double egg? Aka gamemode we used to have for Eggwars..?

make it 2 teams of 10 or 20
Looks like it would just revert this gamemode into a Rome/Mansion game though, or become a larger 10 v 10 Rome/Mansion scenario --> 20 v 20, of which the latter seems pretty alright too i suppose.

My suggestion: Make smaller maps if you dont decide to make it only 2 teams.
This looks like either possible RIP 'MEGA' eggwars (-> smaller maps) or revert back to rome/mansion (but maybe bigger) (-> only 2 teams)

Skywars worked due to you having to only kill them once and it was small maps. You didnt have to cross country across the air.
Not having to cross country across the air sounds like own decision you don't have to necessarily do first off, but secondly, i don't think this is going to get fixed easily with games like these where you have big maps (needed to support the large amount of players), your fix also doesn't sound like it would change this phenomona of skybriding to basically another planet if things were to go south, it would just procrastinate the possible 'need' for it (i do need in quotations cause i'm not entirely convinced that this is a complete necessity in itself (making the problem slightly more irrelevent), but what do i know i haven't played it yet) to skybridge cross country as it would prolong the lifespans of your teammates due to the mutliple eggs, but eventually could leave you with the exact same outcome if all your teammates were to die (tbf though they'd probably die later, or wouldn't die, cause they'd have more time to get stacked, yet this could be countered with the fact that the opposing teams could've done the same), only later (and yourself likely being more stacked though)

Your ideas/problems kind of remind me of a gamemode thread i made a gazillion years ago; where'd you have seperate islands allied with each other, forming an alliance, and with each island with their individual spawn ties to their own egg. This also happened to have a tendency to fare well in my head with bigger-sized-player-games.

The idea i proposed back then would arguably nerf the opposing team by splitting the team up into different islands, having to fight less people at a single island. I'll link the thread i'm talking about (vastly more in-depth there: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/the-ancient-eggwars-thread-a-polished-diamond.225673/ ); i dropped it in the end though from a loss of interest/care/fatigue with it (might continue some time soon-ish now though), i barely even played minecraft at the time anymore, let alone play eggwars.
lol at this ending up in me basically self-advertising own thread, allbeit justifyable.

Reactions: Landon AWESOME9
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
GiGaGekkies wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday
Saw this comment on YT the other day 🤣
IMG_5254.jpeg
Here's the scoreboard I made for BedWars Duos! (Team colors I used may not be used in the actual game)
1713525398483.png
Reesle wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎉
Top Bottom