Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Feb 9, 2018
At first I was going to make this a suggestion to remove speed potions, but I decided to make it a rant instead.

The speed effect is fun to play with. In duels, it alters how people fight. In FFA, it's what gives the otherwise weak Samurai and Ninja (and Alchemist, I guess) classes an edge. But in Assassination, they are abused.

I'm sure you all can relate: you've been playing Assassination, farming gold for a few minutes. You go to a shop to buy whatever, but suddenly you get attacked by a random guy in full diamond armor. You run, buuuut they have the speed effect on them and they catch you and kill you. You have ZERO control over this.

Now, you may argue: "But without speed potions, combat won't ever happen! Players will just flee each other whenever they see each other!" Unfortunately, you're wrong, There are quite a few people I've seen who will fight to their deaths when evenky matched, and in addition, fleeing doesn't always work. In your haste you'll likely make many quick turns, while your opponent catches up with you by moving in a straight line.

So in conclusion, remove speed potions. Please. In my opinion, people who use these are actually worse than hackers.

(OR in a really weird alternative solution, make it so that if you have a speed effect and hit someone, that someone will get the effect for ten seconds.)

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
At first I was going to make this a suggestion to remove speed potions, but I decided to make it a rant instead.

The speed effect is fun to play with. In duels, it alters how people fight. In FFA, it's what gives the otherwise weak Samurai and Ninja (and Alchemist, I guess) classes an edge. But in Assassination, they are abused.

I'm sure you all can relate: you've been playing Assassination, farming gold for a few minutes. You go to a shop to buy whatever, but suddenly you get attacked by a random guy in full diamond armor. You run, buuuut they have the speed effect on them and they catch you and kill you. You have ZERO control over this.

Now, you may argue: "But without speed potions, combat won't ever happen! Players will just flee each other whenever they see each other!" Unfortunately, you're wrong, There are quite a few people I've seen who will fight to their deaths when evenky matched, and in addition, fleeing doesn't always work. In your haste you'll likely make many quick turns, while your opponent catches up with you by moving in a straight line.

So in conclusion, remove speed potions. Please. In my opinion, people who use these are actually worse than hackers.

(OR in a really weird alternative solution, make it so that if you have a speed effect and hit someone, that someone will get the effect for ten seconds.)
The potions are in no way abused. The speed potion is just used a lot. Nothing in this thread explains why (or at least why they should with a good reason ) they should removed them. I dont use speed potions, but I completely disagree.

Feb 9, 2018
The potions are in no way abused. The speed potion is just used a lot. Nothing in this thread explains why (or at least why they should with a good reason ) they should removed them. I dont use speed potions, but I completely disagree.
I said it's because of the people who go around in full iron or diamond armor and kill people who are getting set up, with absolutely no way to escape thanks to their speed potions.

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
I said it's because of the people who go around in full iron or diamond armor and kill people who are getting set up, with absolutely no way to escape thanks to their speed potions.
I don't think they should get removed though. Some potions are pretty useful. Speed just happens to be one of the most used ones.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Had some internet issues last week and went on a weekend getaway to an amusement park with my bf, but I'm back to grind and have fun on cube again :)
I missed u guys >.>
Reesle wrote on ElFlxen_'s profile.
Cool person!
Hqteful wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy birthday!!🎉
FIRE BUNDLE?? 🌟
Sick!
IMG_5373.png
Reesle wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy Birthday, Pro Duckerator! 🥳🎉🐤
Top Bottom