Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Quilitine

Oct 25, 2018
lel, came back to cubecraft after like a year of not playing and holy crap it was awful :/ how the hell is this classed as an upgrade of the old cubecraft!? its a downgrade disguised as something good :/ why is it that they focus the most on new players when they also need to think about keeping the old players?

also, the old lobbies were so much better

Reactions: Sweetenerera

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
Welcome back to Cubecraft!
I see you completly understand everything that has happened. No need to explain anything.
See you in another year, if Cubecraft still exists then lol.

MrGrumpyCheese

Dedicated Member
Jul 15, 2016
Classic Edition
how the hell is this classed as an upgrade of the old cubecraft!? its a downgrade disguised as something good
I don't think it is classed as an upgrade, it's seen as a change. It's not disguised as something good; it's being presented as a necessary change that management doesn't expect to be popular. Of course they make it as positive as possible, because believe it or not they want their network to be successful and the players to have something to look forward for.

why is it that they focus the most on new players when they also need to think about keeping the old players?
^
came back to cubecraft after like a year of not playing
Old players eventually leave anyway, so prioritising the retention of those less and less interested in CubeCraft and Minecraft in general is never going to grow the network. Of course they still want to keep the old players, and they can achieve this by preserving six permanent gamemodes plus a rotation of others. CubeCraft has had real trouble with attracting and retaining new players, what with its niche 1.9 combat mechanics, relatively low YouTube attention and a low concentration of players per gamemode. This update attempts to deal with the latter cause, which management has the most control over, but if you have any better plans on how to reinstate the flow of new players, please go ahead and suggest them.

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
Old players eventually leave anyway, so prioritising the retention of those less and less interested in CubeCraft and Minecraft in general is never going to grow the network. Of course they still want to keep the old players, and they can achieve this by preserving six permanent gamemodes plus a rotation of others. CubeCraft has had real trouble with attracting and retaining new players, what with its niche 1.9 combat mechanics, relatively low YouTube attention and a low concentration of players per gamemode. This update attempts to deal with the latter cause, which management has the most control over, but if you have any better plans on how to reinstate the flow of new players, please go ahead and suggest them.

Let's be real here, a huge part of Cubecrafts updates are focused towards getting new players. New players don't have ranks, so they might buy one. A part of the older players have ranks already. With the addition of Cubecraft Plus it has changed a bit though, still I feel like getting new players is a bit too important for Cubecraft.

Edit: When I first read your post I thought you disagreed and meant Cubecraft is focused on older players but you actually said something else, so never mind :P

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on Basketman's profile.
IMG_4684.jpeg

ur signature o: maybe new helper 😁👀
UncleSpect wrote on matcha's profile.
Do you only come here once a month? 😣
For everyone who is reading this while on their way to school: yay we're twinning
tejas45674065 wrote on JokeKaedee's profile.
Late Congrats! as i am banned from cubecraft discord discord till 25 July :< (im flix)
Top Bottom