Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

miguelitoindus

Apr 23, 2020
Madrid
Hello everybody! 💙
Welcome to this chonker of a thread, in which I discuss my experience in the Translations Team, and how I went from being an applicant, to becoming a Head of Team.

Today, 24th of April 2021, marks the 1-year anniversary of the day in which I applied to the Translations Team. In exactly 12 days, it will be my one-year anniversary as a member of the team. This thread was inspired by my dear friend, @HyperPal

So... How did this happen?

Why I applied 🫂

I have been a CubeCraft player for over 7 years. I still remember watching my favourite YouTubers play SkyWars back when you had to click on a sign to join a game. Through experience and time, I formed an attachment to CubeCraft, and this attachment grows every day.

I stopped playing Minecraft for 2 years, and only came back in March 2020, while stuck at home due to the pandemic. Soon after I joined CubeCraft for my first time in years, I saw an announcement in chat advertising the team. Instantly, I knew I had to apply.

Joining the translations family 👩‍👩‍👧‍👦

As soon I was invited into the team, I was welcomed with open arms. A team full of life, I had things to learn and people to meet. I look back at the days when I was just a trainee with nostalgia.

At the same time as I was joining the translations team, I was joining the wider CubeCraft community, both in the forums and on the official Discord. It didn't take long for me to see how vibrant and kind the members of said community were.
I knew this was just the beginning...

Growing inside the team 🪴

Soon after I became an official translator, I was given the opportunity to apply for higher positions. Specifically, the now removed positions of Mentor and Translations Coordinator. After submitting my applications, I was promoted to both positions (several months apart), and I became a coordinator of the team.

I'd say this is when the team really became a part of me. Being given responsibility inside the team gave me a sense of maturity, of achievement, and of self-respect. I met dozens of brilliant individuals who have helped me get through a multitude of things. I want to give a shoutout to everyone who knows me inside the team, to everyone who has had a conversation with me, to everyone who has been there to support me, and to everyone who has given me even a minute of their time. You guys, the members of the team, are what make it what it is, and I am so grateful to have met every single one of you.

Meeting people who I can now call my friends has made me grow in both personal and professional ways, and this is the most valuable thing I take from my experience in the team.

Becoming head of team 🌟

Just when I thought my experience in the team was fulfilled, I applied for Communications manager. After a long and stressful waiting period, I was promoted!

With this position came a lot of responsibility, and also a lot of work. However, it also became one of the most rewarding experiences I have ever had. Being trusted by the leaders of the team to take on this position was the biggest compliment I could've ever received.

Thank you 🍀

Even on the days when I don't feel like myself and all I want to do is disappear, this team is there for me. And even on the days when it all becomes too much, you are all there for me.

I want to thank Elena, for creating this team. All present and past heads of team, for giving this team life. All its coordinators, for keeping the peace. All its proofreaders, for being our saviours. All its translators, for being so passionate. And every other member in the team, for giving us the best part of you every day.

Here is to one year of laughter, joy, tears, stress, waiting, recovery, learning, and above all... here is to one year of love.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Eli wrote on Fisktratt's profile.
Caaaaaalva
Loskol wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats!
Eli wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!! 🎉🎉
Loskol wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congrats!
Vorealys wrote on Mafe's profile.
"Pantalón para tiendas" 😆

2024-04-16_13.38.06.png
Top Bottom