Escalated Multipliers are far too overpowered.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by mitgobla, May 14, 2019.

?

After reading this post, do you agree that multipliers are overpowered?

1. Yes

82.3%
  2. No

17.7%
  1. mitgobla

mitgobla Designer
    Staff Member Designer

mitgobla
    Designer
    PLUS
    Nah if I think of any new suggestions or what not then that's fine too :p

2. ComeAndGetMe_

ComeAndGetMe_ Member

ComeAndGetMe
    Obsidian
    I dont like that you can lever so fast just by a multiplier. That's my only issue.

3. Elivat

Elivat Member

_EliteEli
    Emerald
    PLUS
    Well levels are already ruined. What can be done now? Replace them, give different recognitions to players that show how much you play in cubecraft.
    Because they thought it was a good idea to commercialize the most important indicator among their server, which would also end up in devaluation of itself. Which means: eventually players won’t buy multipliers because everyone will be level 16938373.
    CubeCraft needs a new source of motivation (of course achievements exist, but they have an end... unlike levels).

4. mitgobla

mitgobla Designer
    Staff Member Designer

mitgobla
    Designer
    PLUS
    @Camezonda Can I get your opinion on my thread and other user comments please.
    Quetzi stated in the Discord server that "only 4 people" found that this was a problem but I think the votes and feedback say otherwise.

Feách and Elivat like this.
  5. Gbmq

Gbmq Member

Gbmqa
    Emerald
    PLUS
    From a business point of view it would be absolutely stupid to remove it. I personally believe the multipliers are fine, they are actually being used, CubeCraft was the only server where they provided multipliers but no one bought them/used them. Compare that to other large minecraft servers you'll see how much they are being used, not to mention in Cubecraft they are very cheap and still were never ever used. You might see it active like once a month, now I see them daily, I even have multipliers that now i'm actually going to use. I had a decent amount of multipliers that I didn't use for months, from a business point of view, this would be stupid to remove I can say with confidence since this update their multiplier sales have went up, the server doesn't have all its users buying ranks or plus, these multipliers will really benefit the server in the long run.

6. But its just unfair for everyone who cant buy multipliers. Also, sure, you log in and there are 7 active multipliers. That sounds nice until u realise all of them have been activated by the same player ._.
    Its just too op and ppl use them to lvl up and farm xp *while being afk* instead of playing

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2019
  7. Gbmq

Gbmq Member

Gbmqa
    Emerald
    PLUS
    I agree with you on that, but removing them no. There should be a cooldown system, that allows it to be like every 6 hours or so.

mitgobla and Feách like this.
  8. or reducing the amount of xp & points u earn

mitgobla likes this.
  9. Feách

Feách Member

SantaBabyyy
    Obsidian
    Said that to Quetzi. He completely ignored me.

Rivanaul likes this.
  10. mitgobla

mitgobla Designer
    Staff Member Designer

mitgobla
    Designer
    PLUS
    Strange that this thread hasn't had any response from management yet, seeing how many views and votes its had :p

Yep completely agree with this suggestion too

Azalea and Deleted member 352903 like this.
  11. BringMeTheHorizon ♠

BringMeTheHorizon ♠ Member

BringMeZHorizon
    Emerald
    Welcome to CubeCraft.

Management will not respond to this thread. They will keep milking it until they get a heck ton of money. Believe me, they have nothing to reply with. They know it's messed up, but they don't care. And that's just the state of Cubecraft now. It's a constant struggle for Management to milk money out of its players so much that they don't care about the server itself anymore. They don't care about their players, their experience, their interests. They just don't care anymore. And that really strikes a cord in me. It's so sad how much I used to care about this place and how much I still do, even if I don't play the game anymore. It's just helpless, isn't it? I personally give up trying to knock some sense into the team that supposedly cares about us. They say they don't do anything for the money but I have so much to disprove that. It's saddening.

Edit: Yes, I understand Cube is a company and requires money to run, I just meant some stuff like the Fliqa controversy and other controversies that have happened here, and now this experience. It's all just so clear.

Feách, Nikoshka, Basketman and 2 others like this.
  12. Elivat

Elivat Member

_EliteEli
    Emerald
    PLUS
    Yeah they would rather reply to a thread about British politics cause why not.

BringMeTheHorizon ♠ likes this.
  13. Marieke2001

Marieke2001 Member

Mehriekehh
    Diamond
    Only good choices they made past year is making animal admin and extending nostalgia map week thingy

14. Basketman

Basketman Helper
    Staff Member Helper

Basketman13
    Helper
    PLUS
    Yea she is a great admin, plus I hope they will make more good choices like the nostalgic week. Because they will start losing more players if they refuse to listen to the community.

It's the same with irl, it would create chaos and the people will come on the streets and ask for a change. If their government wouldn't listen to them.

mitgobla and Marieke2001 like this.
  15. PerryJ

PerryJ Member

PerryJ
    Emerald
    I would fire them If I was their boss. Because they can't communicate with their community. Sometimes I ask myself what they are doing all day. Drinking coffee and Netflix and chill? Of course they are not doing that all day but this is what you get. Those kind of posts, because the management lacks communication skills to answer to (in my opinion) really good suggestions to make this server amazing. Yes you read all the suggestions of course. But guess what? That's not enough. You must come with an answer when you read those kinds of suggestions. You barely have players on Java left. Treasure those people.

16. Onikpig

Onikpig Member

Onikpig
    Obsidian
    PLUS
    Here's my personal opinion on the matter, yes I agree it makes a significant difference across games with point and experience earned. However, no matter what level you are or how many points you may have you don't make an impact on the basics of gameplay.

Level System
    The level system was a huge impact when you began this server because it displayed how much experience you had on the server. Over time you would be rewarded for making it to a certain point, and be given a special cage or hat. However, after the addition of the special cubelets, the level system on this server lost its purpose. So in all honesty, I dare say that level makes absolutely no difference on this server. Yes, you can be level 50, 100, 200, or maybe near 300, but that makes no impact because as well all know, "Level makes absolutely no impact it has always come down to how much skills that player has." You can be level 169, but that doesn't mean you're more or less of a noob than someone whose 280 or even someone who's just level 1.

Bragging rights?
    Yeah, you can go around spreading the word that you're so high level and what not, but that will only just make you a bigger target. At least that's what I've noticed from personal experiences, players seem to always go after the player with the highest level and mock them. So yeah you can go brag all you want but just know you'll suffer for that decision. You'll most likely get targetted by other players, however, you won't be able to do anything against it and you'll just have to accept that you lost. Why? Well according to server rules you can't report a player for directly targetting ya, so my personal words to ya are, "Have fun with that."

Experience Gained
    At a low level, I see why this would make a significant difference, however as you get higher in levels you require much more of an amount of experience to get you up to a level. While also accounting that every player on the server is active and is willing to click on a comment in chat to thank a player. What I've noticed when I popped a multiplier (5 of them) at a player count of 3000 people, I gain only about as much as 1 level. Well, great I gained a level, that just means I'll most likely gain absolutely nothing because it doesn't have a purpose and I'll make myself a bigger target than before. It sounds like FUN if you asked me! Who doesn't enjoy getting targetted am I right or what?

Willing to Click and Actions that occur when it pops up
    I've noticed but when a player is busy doing something they seem to always ignore chat almost as if it was none existent. Even when a pop-up appears saying such and such has boosted a certain game mode, the player will most likely not respond to it. Maybe after they finish playing a game or what not they'll see "(Player name) has boosted the game mode" and maybe they'll click and thank the player. However what I've noticed from all the time I used a multiplier the number of players that actually thank you is mere to that of not even 1/10 of the server players. Why? Well, the boost is only directed to 1 certain game out of what is it 6 or 7 that the server has now, and well why would someone wanna thank someone else for boosting something they're not even playing (if they noticed). If they didn't notice anything about a boost they'll just keep on playing. Now something else that seems to happen especially in egg wars, when there is any boost happening, players seem to focus mainly on getting as many points out of it from that 1 hour.

Points got from being Thanked
    So as mention, the probability of a player actually thanking you is mere to none and the amount that actually do end up thanking you is nearly about 1/10 of the server even when the server is at 3000+ players. Maybe if you're lucky you'll get 2/10, but it makes no impact in points. You mentioned that you get around 30k points and someone else mentioned that you'll most likely get 5000 points. Well judging from my personal experience with multipliers, I didn't see any significant amount of points added to my total count. From those 5 different multipliers, I saw around a max of 2,000 points. Yeah maybe this is "game-changing", but you waste about 150 points every time you decide to go shopper in FFA. Not accounting if the player decides to spend 250 points on a gapple or maybe investing points into a bow + arrows. I would also like to say, yeah you have all this overpowered gear, but if you have 0 skills you're bound to just end up dying. While also adding to the fact that you could just get killed if players decide to focus you or by using the potion kit.

Community Opinion?
    Honestly, you just see messages of people say this and that about the staff team being negligent and neglecting their community. But I dare say, if this server hadn't done anything about a year ago, then maybe right now we wouldn't be having this conversation. I'd liked to remind you all that about a year ago around this time, the server was reaching a cap of maybe 800 players or so. So if the "management" team isn't doing much, why is it that the server now has 3000+ active players. If this team really didn't care for "the community", then this server would've just died. But you know what really angers me about this "community" is that you're so judgmental about anything this server tries to do, and then you trash talk a team that has been working their butts off to make sure this server lives and rises. Not accounting for their own personal lives that they may have to give up just to overlook some issues. I agree maybe they're not doing their work as effectively as we would want them to, but you have remembered that these people are no less of a human than you are.

Side Notes
    If I didn't give ya enough credit sorry, am I nub when it comes to forums. I tend to stay away from these because they're filled with a vast amount of toxic players.

17. Lezappen

Lezappen Designer
    Staff Member Designer

Lezappen
    Designer
    PLUS
    It's a very small team of people, so it's hard to be on all fronts at the same time, plus I actually really like this last update.

Basketman likes this.
  18. Marieke2001

Marieke2001 Member

Mehriekehh
    Diamond
    But the whole problem here is that they never actually show us where they’re working on. When did they at the time I was a staff member someone got in trouble for it. Also I remember Niko, Dutchie and me making a thread about Tacos his behavior and they would discuss it, never heard anything from it back and never saw any change. Things like this are very important to show, so you know they listen to you. Same with the party color thing. Dio, Bram, Skif and I thought it was ugly and we suggested a change. Nothing happened.

Basketman likes this.
  19. PerryJ

PerryJ Member

PerryJ
    Emerald
    Yes I know that Cubecraft has a small team, but if that small team can't even be at that important 'front' aka communicating with the community, then something goes very wrong in my eyes. No discussion about that.

Anyways, I'll stop this rant and let this topic get the attention it deserves.

Marieke2001 likes this.
  20. MoMercy

MoMercy Member

NoMercyYT
    Obsidian
    Agree you