Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

After reading this post, do you agree that multipliers are overpowered?

• Total voters

ComeAndGetMe_

Jul 19, 2017
Bergen - Netherlands
Multipliers are far too overpowered, and need to be updated or removed.

Backstory

CubeCraft recently posted an update regarding point multipliers. This brought out many new changes to these multipliers but most noticeably the thanking feature. When a player clicks your multiplier activation announcement or types /thank YourUsername they will receive 100 experience, and the player who activated the multiplier will receive 20 points and 100 experience. You can read the whole thread about the changes here.

The Problem

TL;DR: I play games 10-15 times. I get around enough points to buy overpowered leggings and helmet on PvP FFA once. This is good, because I'm being rewarded for playing games on the server.
However: I buy three multipliers. Immediately, I get thanked over 200 times. Across the whole hour, I gain enough points to buy the leggings and helmet on PvP 30 times over, by doing absolutely nothing on the server. Yeah, players are getting double points, that's cool! But a player receiving double points would have to do a lot more work just to get the same points I get for 1 /thank.

Here's where the problem starts. I have played over 100 hours of gameplay and I get to level 28, yet 3 multipliers I more than double my level in less than half an hour by doing absolutely nothing. This is far too much EXP to be fair on those who play often and don't buy perks like these. However, experience is not useful whatsoever; it is apparently there as a "bragging right", although it doesn't reward you in any way for playing on the server. The real issue comes with the points reward for thanking a player.

You gain far too many points per /thank from multipliers. I've gained more points in half an hour than I have ever gained across my entire play time on the server. I would have to play 10-15+ tower defence games just to get enough points for an OP helmet and OP boots on PvP FFA, yet in half an hour I have now gained enough points to buy the kit 30 times over. That doesn't seem fair at all either.

You shouldn't have the ability to buy a perk that gives you a massive advantage in some game modes by doing absolutely nothing on the server. Many players play competitively just to gain enough points to buy a new kit, or buy equipment on PvP and so on, yet a simple £5 purchase will get you enough points within an hour to buy kits and equipment multiple times over for absolutely no effort whatsoever.

The multiplier system is unfair for these reasons, because it makes getting points far too easy for doing absolutely nothing but spending £5.

Further issues

Due to the high rewards for buying a multiplier, some players are using this to their advantage by purchasing many multipliers and activating them one after another so quickly, you are unable to use your own. Some players have gained over 50 levels (who are over level 100) in less than an hour by doing absolutely nothing.

Verdict

Why is this a problem? This is not a “because we want you to remove it” issue, it is one that clearly gives players an advantage just by purchasing a multiplier on the server. It is ultimately not fair for those players who play on the server for long periods and are dedicated to playing all the game modes, where players buy one simple perk that gives them more points in an hour than the dedicated players have received over months of gameplay.

What needs to be done

I have created a few ideas on what can be done to solve this, although I would appreciate to hear your feedback too.
  • Remove the 20 points from receiving a “/thank”. This will remove the advantage to paying players.
  • Remove gaining experience from “/thank” and introduce rewards for experience. This will mean players who dedicate a lot of time on the server will be rewarded for doing so.
  • UPDATE 15-05-2019: Remove the ability to use multiple multipliers for different gamemodes at once. This will prevent players using multipliers across all gamemodes at once, allowing other players to use their multipliers.
I dont like that you can lever so fast just by a multiplier. That's my only issue.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Well levels are already ruined. What can be done now? Replace them, give different recognitions to players that show how much you play in cubecraft.
Because they thought it was a good idea to commercialize the most important indicator among their server, which would also end up in devaluation of itself. Which means: eventually players won’t buy multipliers because everyone will be level 16938373.
CubeCraft needs a new source of motivation (of course achievements exist, but they have an end... unlike levels).

mitgobla

Marketplace Coordinator
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
🎨 Designer
🖌️ Sr. Designer
Dec 11, 2018
Wales, United Kingdom
ben-dodd.com
Pronouns
He/Him
@Camezonda Can I get your opinion on my thread and other user comments please.
Quetzi stated in the Discord server that "only 4 people" found that this was a problem but I think the votes and feedback say otherwise.

Reactions: Feách and Eli

Dohaa

Nov 27, 2016
From a business point of view it would be absolutely stupid to remove it. I personally believe the multipliers are fine, they are actually being used, CubeCraft was the only server where they provided multipliers but no one bought them/used them. Compare that to other large minecraft servers you'll see how much they are being used, not to mention in Cubecraft they are very cheap and still were never ever used. You might see it active like once a month, now I see them daily, I even have multipliers that now i'm actually going to use. I had a decent amount of multipliers that I didn't use for months, from a business point of view, this would be stupid to remove I can say with confidence since this update their multiplier sales have went up, the server doesn't have all its users buying ranks or plus, these multipliers will really benefit the server in the long run.

D

Deleted member 352903

From a business point of view it would be absolutely stupid to remove it. I personally believe the multipliers are fine, they are actually being used, CubeCraft was the only server where they provided multipliers but no one bought them/used them. Compare that to other large minecraft servers you'll see how much they are being used, not to mention in Cubecraft they are very cheap and still were never ever used. You might see it active like once a month, now I see them daily, I even have multipliers that now i'm actually going to use. I had a decent amount of multipliers that I didn't use for months, from a business point of view, this would be stupid to remove I can say with confidence since this update their multiplier sales have went up, the server doesn't have all its users buying ranks or plus, these multipliers will really benefit the server in the long run.
But its just unfair for everyone who cant buy multipliers. Also, sure, you log in and there are 7 active multipliers. That sounds nice until u realise all of them have been activated by the same player ._.
Its just too op and ppl use them to lvl up and farm xp *while being afk* instead of playing

Last edited by a moderator:

Dohaa

Nov 27, 2016
But its just unfair for everyone who cant buy multipliers. Also, sure, you log in and there are 7 active multipliers. That sounds nice until u realize all of them have been activated by the same player ._.
Its just too op and ppl use them to lvl up and farm xp *while being afk* instead of playing
I agree with you on that, but removing them no. There should be a cooldown system, that allows it to be like every 6 hours or so.

Reactions: mitgobla and Feách

BringMeTheHorizon ♠

Forum Expert
Mar 29, 2017
United Stairs of America
Strange that this thread hasn't had any response from management yet, seeing how many views and votes its had
Welcome to CubeCraft.

Management will not respond to this thread. They will keep milking it until they get a heck ton of money. Believe me, they have nothing to reply with. They know it's messed up, but they don't care. And that's just the state of Cubecraft now. It's a constant struggle for Management to milk money out of its players so much that they don't care about the server itself anymore. They don't care about their players, their experience, their interests. They just don't care anymore. And that really strikes a cord in me. It's so sad how much I used to care about this place and how much I still do, even if I don't play the game anymore. It's just helpless, isn't it? I personally give up trying to knock some sense into the team that supposedly cares about us. They say they don't do anything for the money but I have so much to disprove that. It's saddening.

Edit: Yes, I understand Cube is a company and requires money to run, I just meant some stuff like the Fliqa controversy and other controversies that have happened here, and now this experience. It's all just so clear.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
Welcome to CubeCraft.

Management will not respond to this thread. They will keep milking it until they get a heck ton of money. Believe me, they have nothing to reply with. They know it's messed up, but they don't care. And that's just the state of Cubecraft now. It's a constant struggle for Management to milk money out of its players so much that they don't care about the server itself anymore. They don't care about their players, their experience, their interests. They just don't care anymore. And that really strikes a cord in me. It's so sad how much I used to care about this place and how much I still do, even if I don't play the game anymore. It's just helpless, isn't it? I personally give up trying to knock some sense into the team that supposedly cares about us. They say they don't do anything for the money but I have so much to disprove that. It's saddening.

Edit: Yes, I understand Cube is a company and requires money to run, I just meant some stuff like the Fliqa controversy and other controversies that have happened here, and now this experience. It's all just so clear.
Only good choices they made past year is making animal admin and extending nostalgia map week thingy

Basketman

Forum Expert
Jan 28, 2015
Belgium
Only good choices they made past year is making animal admin and extending nostalgia map week thingy

Yea she is a great admin, plus I hope they will make more good choices like the nostalgic week. Because they will start losing more players if they refuse to listen to the community.

It's the same with irl, it would create chaos and the people will come on the streets and ask for a change. If their government wouldn't listen to them.

PerryJ

Forum Expert
Aug 28, 2016
Doofenshmirtzz Evil Inc.
Pronouns
He/Him
I would fire them If I was their boss. Because they can't communicate with their community. Sometimes I ask myself what they are doing all day. Drinking coffee and Netflix and chill? Of course they are not doing that all day but this is what you get. Those kind of posts, because the management lacks communication skills to answer to (in my opinion) really good suggestions to make this server amazing. Yes you read all the suggestions of course. But guess what? That's not enough. You must come with an answer when you read those kinds of suggestions. You barely have players on Java left. Treasure those people.

Onik

Dedicated Member
Nov 25, 2016
California
Here's my personal opinion on the matter, yes I agree it makes a significant difference across games with point and experience earned. However, no matter what level you are or how many points you may have you don't make an impact on the basics of gameplay.

Level System
The level system was a huge impact when you began this server because it displayed how much experience you had on the server. Over time you would be rewarded for making it to a certain point, and be given a special cage or hat. However, after the addition of the special cubelets, the level system on this server lost its purpose. So in all honesty, I dare say that level makes absolutely no difference on this server. Yes, you can be level 50, 100, 200, or maybe near 300, but that makes no impact because as well all know, "Level makes absolutely no impact it has always come down to how much skills that player has." You can be level 169, but that doesn't mean you're more or less of a noob than someone whose 280 or even someone who's just level 1.

Bragging rights?
Yeah, you can go around spreading the word that you're so high level and what not, but that will only just make you a bigger target. At least that's what I've noticed from personal experiences, players seem to always go after the player with the highest level and mock them. So yeah you can go brag all you want but just know you'll suffer for that decision. You'll most likely get targetted by other players, however, you won't be able to do anything against it and you'll just have to accept that you lost. Why? Well according to server rules you can't report a player for directly targetting ya, so my personal words to ya are, "Have fun with that."

Experience Gained
At a low level, I see why this would make a significant difference, however as you get higher in levels you require much more of an amount of experience to get you up to a level. While also accounting that every player on the server is active and is willing to click on a comment in chat to thank a player. What I've noticed when I popped a multiplier (5 of them) at a player count of 3000 people, I gain only about as much as 1 level. Well, great I gained a level, that just means I'll most likely gain absolutely nothing because it doesn't have a purpose and I'll make myself a bigger target than before. It sounds like FUN if you asked me! Who doesn't enjoy getting targetted am I right or what?

Willing to Click and Actions that occur when it pops up
I've noticed but when a player is busy doing something they seem to always ignore chat almost as if it was none existent. Even when a pop-up appears saying such and such has boosted a certain game mode, the player will most likely not respond to it. Maybe after they finish playing a game or what not they'll see "(Player name) has boosted the game mode" and maybe they'll click and thank the player. However what I've noticed from all the time I used a multiplier the number of players that actually thank you is mere to that of not even 1/10 of the server players. Why? Well, the boost is only directed to 1 certain game out of what is it 6 or 7 that the server has now, and well why would someone wanna thank someone else for boosting something they're not even playing (if they noticed). If they didn't notice anything about a boost they'll just keep on playing. Now something else that seems to happen especially in egg wars, when there is any boost happening, players seem to focus mainly on getting as many points out of it from that 1 hour.

Points got from being Thanked
So as mention, the probability of a player actually thanking you is mere to none and the amount that actually do end up thanking you is nearly about 1/10 of the server even when the server is at 3000+ players. Maybe if you're lucky you'll get 2/10, but it makes no impact in points. You mentioned that you get around 30k points and someone else mentioned that you'll most likely get 5000 points. Well judging from my personal experience with multipliers, I didn't see any significant amount of points added to my total count. From those 5 different multipliers, I saw around a max of 2,000 points. Yeah maybe this is "game-changing", but you waste about 150 points every time you decide to go shopper in FFA. Not accounting if the player decides to spend 250 points on a gapple or maybe investing points into a bow + arrows. I would also like to say, yeah you have all this overpowered gear, but if you have 0 skills you're bound to just end up dying. While also adding to the fact that you could just get killed if players decide to focus you or by using the potion kit.

Community Opinion?
Honestly, you just see messages of people say this and that about the staff team being negligent and neglecting their community. But I dare say, if this server hadn't done anything about a year ago, then maybe right now we wouldn't be having this conversation. I'd liked to remind you all that about a year ago around this time, the server was reaching a cap of maybe 800 players or so. So if the "management" team isn't doing much, why is it that the server now has 3000+ active players. If this team really didn't care for "the community", then this server would've just died. But you know what really angers me about this "community" is that you're so judgmental about anything this server tries to do, and then you trash talk a team that has been working their butts off to make sure this server lives and rises. Not accounting for their own personal lives that they may have to give up just to overlook some issues. I agree maybe they're not doing their work as effectively as we would want them to, but you have remembered that these people are no less of a human than you are.

Side Notes
If I didn't give ya enough credit sorry, am I nub when it comes to forums. I tend to stay away from these because they're filled with a vast amount of toxic players.

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
I would fire them If I was their boss. Because they can't communicate with their community. Sometimes I ask myself what they are doing all day. Drinking coffee and Netflix and chill? Of course they are not doing that all day but this is what you get. Those kind of posts, because the management lacks communication skills to answer to (in my opinion) really good suggestions to make this server amazing. Yes you read all the suggestions of course. But guess what? That's not enough. You must come with an answer when you read those kinds of suggestions. You barely have players on Java left. Treasure those people.
It's a very small team of people, so it's hard to be on all fronts at the same time, plus I actually really like this last update.

Reactions: Basketman

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
It's a very small team of people, so it's hard to be on all fronts at the same time, plus I actually really like this last update.
But the whole problem here is that they never actually show us where they’re working on. When did they at the time I was a staff member someone got in trouble for it. Also I remember Niko, Dutchie and me making a thread about Tacos his behavior and they would discuss it, never heard anything from it back and never saw any change. Things like this are very important to show, so you know they listen to you. Same with the party color thing. Dio, Bram, Skif and I thought it was ugly and we suggested a change. Nothing happened.

Reactions: Basketman

PerryJ

Forum Expert
Aug 28, 2016
Doofenshmirtzz Evil Inc.
Pronouns
He/Him
Yes I know that Cubecraft has a small team, but if that small team can't even be at that important 'front' aka communicating with the community, then something goes very wrong in my eyes. No discussion about that.

Anyways, I'll stop this rant and let this topic get the attention it deserves.

Reactions: Marieke2001
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

asqsk wrote on LukaG_'s profile.
u was staff in cc? :3
Matriox wrote on LukaG_'s profile.
"Aspire to inspire, before we expire."

I love it
caraMel wrote on LukaG_'s profile.
_GakuL