Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Which ideas do you agree with?

• Total voters

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
I just played some duels again and I decided to spurt out some of the stupid ideas I have to improve the pvp server.
1. Duels
1.1 Kit Selection for random duels
Currently you need a Rank to select the kit for random duels. I think everyone should be able to select the kit for random duels. Most other servers allow this, so new players might leave the server before even considering to buy a rank on it. When playing on an account without a rank, I never play random Overpowered, Soup or Insane duels because there are too many kits I strongly dislike.
Instead I think there should be a new feature for ranks:
1.2 Custom Kit Sets
Players with at least iron rank should be able to select a set of kits they are willing to play with. Then they can join the queue and they will get matched with any player that selected one of the kits. This makes it possible to select kits from different sections (Normal, Overpovered etc.) and also to remove some kits (Ninja) while still getting matched with players selecting a specific other kit.
1.3 Map selection
Similar to the kit sets there should be an option in the settings to select your favourite maps. This setting does not affect the matchmaking, but when a match is found the map is selected randomly out of all the maps the two opponents selected (meaning that if a map is favourited by both players it has a higher chance).
1.4 Tryhard Mode
After a player gets 1000 wins in duels they can enter random duels in tryhard mode. They can only be matched with other players in tryhard mode. Combat logging and skybasing are not allowed and after winning a duel saying ez is mandatory. This would kind of replace the ranked mode many players asked for.
1.5 Spamclick warning
16 months after minecraft 1.9 was released a large percentage of players still don't know the weapon cooldown exists.
That's not really surprising when you look at random pvp servers and almost all of them disable the cooldown. It's boring for other players to fight against them and I think it will also keep many new players away from the server if they notice most players can easily kill them but they can't figure out why. There should be a plugin that shows players that click too fast in combat a warning telling them how to enable the attack indicator. The warning can be disabled in the settings, but only players that actually read the warning will find that option.​

2. FFA

2.1 Remove the shop
Buying armor, weapons or food gives a player a huge advantage. If you only play FFA you won't get enough points to do that all the time. But if you mainly play other games like I do, you could just buy armor every time.
I don't think it's fair to give someone a huge advantage in one game just because he plays a lot of other games.
2.2 Add hunger and food
In FFA you can run indefinitely, which is annoying especially in op FFA. If hunger was enabled they had to stop and eat eventually making it possible for someone to catch up. After a fight it currently takes too long to regenerate. I think food is a very balanced way to solve that, it makes it possible to regenerate very fast while not in combat, but eating during a fight makes you an easy target.​

Last edited:
A

A pigeon

I would play tryhard mode 100% i will call all the noobs i see ez and will bathe in their salty tears

+1 though

Reactions: MagnificentSpam

Rob_the_Giraffe

Novice Member
Mar 2, 2017
https://reports.cubecraft.net/report
I seee that you put a lot of work into this suggestion thread and I applaud you for that! In my opinion the spam clicking warning should be instated partly in fact these are the people being false banned by sentinel. I believe that try hard mode isn't necessary because it sounds to much like Hypixel's Ranked skywars

Reactions: MagnificentSpam
A

A pigeon

I seee that you put a lot of work into this suggestion thread and I applaud you for that! In my opinion the spam clicking warning should be instated partly in fact these are the people being false banned by sentinel. I believe that try hard mode isn't necessary because it sounds to much like Hypixel's Ranked skywars
Because skyways and duels are the same thinf

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Currently you need a Rank to select the kit for random duels. I think everyone should be able to select the kit for random duels.
Most other servers allow this, so new players might leave the server before even considering to buy a rank on it.
When playing on an account without a rank, I never play random Overpowered, Soup or Insane duels because there are too many kits I strongly dislike.
As a stone rank I usually hated the archer kit in the normal duel selection. At the time, I'd probably even end up leaving the duels.
When Lezappen bought me an iron rank, I had the ability to select a kit from the mannequin itself. That was probably the only reason anyone would even consider buying the iron rank.
Although giving this ability to everyone would be great for the majority, it really defeats the purpose of buying Iron specifically in my opinion.

1.2 Custom Kit Sets
Players with at least iron rank should be able to select a set of kits they are willing to play with.
Then they can join the queue and they will get matched with any player that selected one of the kits.
This makes it possible to select kits from different sections (Normal, Overpovered etc.) and also to remove some kits (Ninja) while still getting matched with players selecting a specific other kit.
So basically having a random kit selection with only the kits that you'd want to be playing with? Sounds good to me.

1.3 Map selection
Similar to the kit sets there should be an option in the settings to select your favourite maps.
This setting does not affect the matchmaking, but when a match is found the map is selected randomly out of all the maps the two opponents selected (meaning that if a map is favourited by both players it has a higher chance).
I don't know how simple this would be to implement, but I imagine it not being too hard to do.
I doubt many players will know about this feature, so I don't think it'll be too much of an influence. Though just like the kits, there are few maps that I don't like to play on at all(lava based ones), so I guess it could help out a bit.
1.4 Tryhard Mode
After a player gets 1000 wins in duels they can enter random duels in tryhard mode.
They can only be matched with other players in tryhard mode.
Combat logging and skybasing are not allowed and after winning a duel saying ez is mandatory.
This would kind of replace the ranked mode many players asked for.
...it's hard to take the ez part seriously lol....
Okay: So instead of ranked mode, there'd be a specific area which only people with 1000+ wins can access? Sounds like an extremely simple replacement to a regular ranked mode, it would probably work out just fine. I support it!

1.5 Spamclick warning
16 months after minecraft 1.9 was released a large percentage of players still don't know the weapon cooldown exists.
That's not really surprising when you look at random pvp servers and almost all of them disable the cooldown.
It's boring for other players to fight against them and I think it will also keep many new players away from the server if they notice most players can easily kill them but they can't figure out why.
There should be a plugin that shows players that click too fast in combat a warning telling them how to enable the attack indicator.
The warning can be disabled in the settings, but only players that actually read the warning will find that option.
I never run into spam clickers anymore, but I don't see the harm in adding a warning other than it being something small and potentially useless to implement.

As for the FFA suggestions, I can't really say much as I rarely play it.

L

Lepzi

I love these suggestions I would love for there to be a way to choose which maps you can play on I keep getting the Maze or the western they are annoying too many obstacles in the way you can't aim and pvp. I love the tryhard mode as well I like all these suggestion but these are the main two I loved.

Reactions: Rob_the_Giraffe

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
I agree with what Gainful has to say about duels. But I'll carry on about FFA.

Removing the shop in FFA wouldn't really change much in my opinion. From my experience, and I use to play a lot, it's pretty rare to see somebody buy the strongest armor from the store. Even when they do, it'll cost quite a bit. To buy a full set of diamond in normal, it costs 200 points. Now that's equivalent to 200 kills in FFA, 20 duels (correct me if I'm wrong on this one), 4 games of Skywars. But when people do buy these armor, they generally become a huge target. In Classic mode, it's not rare to see people die within minutes. Alchemist can drop the diamond armor users pretty fast if played correctly. Tank kit can, well, tank more hits. Ninja can also take out the player pretty effectively. Warrior, pretty much a combination of tank and ninja in a sense. Only archer needs to be balanced out/ make more powerful.

Hunger bar seems to be a great idea, but especially in OP mode, the fights would drag out longer in my opinion. Just give the player regen after they kill a player. About players running. Eh, it's only really a huge problem in OP.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
1.5 Spamclick warning
2017-07-01_13.22.04.png
2017-07-01_13.23.03.png

Look At Chat in both
1.4 Tryhard Mode
After a player gets 1000 wins in duels they can enter random duels in tryhard mode.
They can only be matched with other players in tryhard mode.
Combat logging and skybasing are not allowed and after winning a duel saying ez is mandatory.
This would kind of replace the ranked mode many players asked for.
Why exactly
1.2 Custom Kit Sets
Players with at least iron rank should be able to select a set of kits they are willing to play with.
Then they can join the queue and they will get matched with any player that selected one of the kits.
This makes it possible to select kits from different sections (Normal, Overpovered etc.) and also to remove some kits (Ninja) while still getting matched with players selecting a specific other kit.
if you are punching the dummy with a rank you don't likely care what you get

ElPtricko

Dedicated Member
Sep 12, 2016
Denmark
I think these ideas are really good. I like duels, and the hard mode gives me a reason as to why I want 1k wins. And everything else you said would really improve the game in my opinion.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Look At Chat in both
If someone doesn't know the attack cooldown exists reading that won't make them aware of it. Many servers are on 1.9 and still disable the cooldown. The warning should be a lot more descriptive and maybe use the title text to be more obstrusive.
Why exactly
Because sometimes it's more fun to play against people that are good at the game. In random duels you often fight people new to the game that have absolutely no chance. I know you could go around asking people you know to fight you, but I would still like this feature.
if you are punching the dummy with a rank you don't likely care what you get
I never punch the op dummy because I don't want to play with blindness of speed2 and fire aspect. If I play op at all I select the Op Warrior or the Op Eggwars. Now if there's another ranked player that choses the No Debuff kit I'll never play against them even though I'd be fine with that kit. I'm ok with most normal kits so I sometimes just go for random normal kits but it still annoys me a little when I get the hunter kit.

Reactions: Power Ranger

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
If someone doesn't know the attack cooldown exists reading that won't make them aware of it. Many servers are on 1.9 and still disable the cooldown. The warning should be a lot more descriptive and maybe use the title text to be more obstrusive.
I see where you are coming from so sure
especially with spam clicking being technically against the rules in 1.9 games
Because sometimes it's more fun to play against people that are good at the game. In random duels you often fight people new to the game that have absolutely no chance. I know you could go around asking people you know to fight you, but I would still like this feature.
sorry but the name Tryhard Mode makes what you are saying have a whole new meaning from my perspective...
I still think this system would get really complicated really fast
I never punch the op dummy because I don't want to play with blindness of speed2 and fire aspect. If I play op at all I select the Op Warrior or the Op Eggwars. Now if there's another ranked player that choses the No Debuff kit I'll never play against them even though I'd be fine with that kit. I'm ok with most normal kits so I sometimes just go for random normal kits but it still annoys me a little when I get the hunter kit.
if you always chose the same kits than why would it somehow put you in a game that you didn't join if you instead chose a different kit?
I don't see your logic in this at all

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
if you always chose the same kits than why would it somehow put you in a game that you didn't join if you instead chose a different kit?
I don't see your logic in this at all
Maybe my explanation was a bit confusing. Let's say we both want to play an op duel, but we don't chose a random kit because we don't want to get the ninja. So I select the OP Warrior and you select the OP Eggwars. We both would like to play either of those but the system can't match us together.

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
This is actually one of the big reason I got my rank other than to vote sunset :p I kind of want it for normal players but if they were able to select kits the only kit that would be played is iron warrior. :( When I play on duel servers usually only one kit is ever played with the other kits having very few people. I would expect the same thing to happen on cube.

1.2 Custom Kit Sets
Yes, yes, and yes! :3 I don't like right clicking and picking my kit every time just to avoid the one or two kits I don't want.

1.3 Map Selection
I think this would help a lot with the people complaining about non-flat maps.

1.4 Tryhard Mode
This will fix everything EZ!

1.5 Spamclick warning
I can't play OP duels without fighting a spam clicker so I would love this. This should be on the entire server since there are tons of spam clickers in eggwars and skywars still.

2.1 Remove the shop
This is the main reason I don't play Cube FFA that often so I would love to see it removed.

2.2 Add hunger and food
The regen is so slow on normal FFA and after three fights you have to hide. I would like food just for the faster regen and not to mention the extra strategies.

Gaaabb

Dedicated Member
May 2, 2017
I just played some duels again and I decided to spurt out some of the stupid ideas I have to improve the pvp server.
1. Duels
Currently you need a Rank to select the kit for random duels. I think everyone should be able to select the kit for random duels. Most other servers allow this, so new players might leave the server before even considering to buy a rank on it. When playing on an account without a rank, I never play random Overpowered, Soup or Insane duels because there are too many kits I strongly dislike.
Instead I think there should be a new feature for ranks:
1.2 Custom Kit Sets
Players with at least iron rank should be able to select a set of kits they are willing to play with. Then they can join the queue and they will get matched with any player that selected one of the kits. This makes it possible to select kits from different sections (Normal, Overpovered etc.) and also to remove some kits (Ninja) while still getting matched with players selecting a specific other kit.
1.3 Map selection
Similar to the kit sets there should be an option in the settings to select your favourite maps. This setting does not affect the matchmaking, but when a match is found the map is selected randomly out of all the maps the two opponents selected (meaning that if a map is favourited by both players it has a higher chance).
1.4 Tryhard Mode
After a player gets 1000 wins in duels they can enter random duels in tryhard mode. They can only be matched with other players in tryhard mode. Combat logging and skybasing are not allowed and after winning a duel saying ez is mandatory. This would kind of replace the ranked mode many players asked for.
1.5 Spamclick warning
That's not really surprising when you look at random pvp servers and almost all of them disable the cooldown. It's boring for other players to fight against them and I think it will also keep many new players away from the server if they notice most players can easily kill them but they can't figure out why. There should be a plugin that shows players that click too fast in combat a warning telling them how to enable the attack indicator. The warning can be disabled in the settings, but only players that actually read the warning will find that option.​

2. FFA

2.1 Remove the shop
Buying armor, weapons or food gives a player a huge advantage. If you only play FFA you won't get enough points to do that all the time. But if you mainly play other games like I do, you could just buy armor every time.
I don't think it's fair to give someone a huge advantage in one game just because he plays a lot of other games.
2.2 Add hunger and food
In FFA you can run indefinitely, which is annoying especially in op FFA. If hunger was enabled they had to stop and eat eventually making it possible for someone to catch up. After a fight it currently takes too long to regenerate. I think food is a very balanced way to solve that, it makes it possible to regenerate very fast while not in combat, but eating during a fight makes you an easy target.​
I like to see how motivated you are! And i really like your ideas to! Sooo a big 1+ from me and i agree :P ( That rhymes xD ) Stay happy! :-)
x Gaaabb

vinlir

Jun 14, 2015
Belgium
www.youtube.com
This was like the only reason why I bought iron rank, it made my life so much better. It would attract new players for sure.
1.2 Custom Kit Sets
When I can't find a match instantly, I go around clicking all the mannequins (nah not insane mode) just to find a match faster. This is pretty annoying though, so I support this. But how exactly would this work ? How I imagine it, is fairly complicated.
1.3 Map selection
Again, where and how would you select this ?
1.4 Tryhard Mode
Although I like the ez part, it doesn't really fullfil my need of real ranked duels with an ELo-system.
2.2 Add hunger and food
Haven't tested this, but wouldn't this make the fights last indefinitely till your armour breaks, like the OP Ew kit ? Maybe give players like 3 steak and reward thel with some extra steak after killing someone ? I'd also like regen after a kill to prevent cleaning.
I agree with the other things.

Laskyy

Dedicated Member
Jan 6, 2015
C-137
bit.do
I just agree with all, duels is a very nice game if you need to wait for friends/events etc.

This could boop it up.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
As a stone rank I usually hated the archer kit in the normal duel selection. At the time, I'd probably even end up leaving the duels.
When Lezappen bought me an iron rank, I had the ability to select a kit from the mannequin itself. That was probably the only reason anyone would even consider buying the iron rank.
Although giving this ability to everyone would be great for the majority, it really defeats the purpose of buying Iron specifically in my opinion.
CHANGE IT TO MAP SELECTION FEATURE.

Gaaabb

Dedicated Member
May 2, 2017
This was like the only reason why I bought iron rank, it made my life so much better. It would attract new players for sure.

When I can't find a match instantly, I go around clicking all the mannequins (nah not insane mode) just to find a match faster. This is pretty annoying though, so I support this. But how exactly would this work ? How I imagine it, is fairly complicated.

Again, where and how would you select this ?

Although I like the ez part, it doesn't really fullfil my need of real ranked duels with an ELo-system.

Haven't tested this, but wouldn't this make the fights last indefinitely till your armour breaks, like the OP Ew kit ? Maybe give players like 3 steak and reward thel with some extra steak after killing someone ? I'd also like regen after a kill to prevent cleaning.
I agree with the other things.
I think i can beat you :>

Kepler

Feb 17, 2017
Barcelona, Spain
I like all the ideas, but hunger is not with me I dont want to be eating steaks while escaping from a team or a hacker. I like that I dont need to distract to eat something. Also Im always with low health, cause my favorite target is a team... I like bow spaming at them sometimes if team is bat I terminate them and if not I just need to run and die 90% of times... eating when batling with a team is not a good idea.

Reactions: Gaaabb
Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

This is fr me during bedwars
RDT_20240427_1241257018540164098121553.png
I'm here!
(i'm everywhere)
qKhalidd wrote on camulos's profile.
happy birthday!
Casualpoalrbear wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats in helper. I know you do great

(Also nice change to your PFP)
Top Bottom