Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Skyblock is confirmed and is coming
giphy.gif

Freebuild is dead. Creative was a horrible attempt to capitalise on the popularity of Skywars and Eggwars, because apparently the game could not have survived on its own without a spark of Cubecraft "originality". The fact that it wasn't shipped with World-edit, despite many requests for it to have been, suggests that they just didn't care. This is of course reinforced by the fact that Factions required the removal of one command to be playable, yet when a friend of mine asked somebody to remove said command, he threatened to remove the entire game.

We were told that Skyblock and Factions would be returning in early 2015... and then in summer 2015... then "definitely by the end of (2015)"... and then "early 2016", followed by "early summer (2016)", led by the end of summer 2016, to... "confirmed and is coming". It has been over a year since Creative and almost three years since the original announcement.

The suggestion
Nobody wants a masterpiece, they just want something that isn't "Skywars with a twist" that they can do on their favourite server, something that involves the community. I was once told that the management team holds on to every build, every map that has ever been on the server. No doubt this includes the two Skyblock spawns. The Skyblock plugin is free and public, and is also reliable.

Just add Skyblock to the server in its imperfect, vanilla way, just like it used to be. Put the old spawn onto a map, add the plugin, and put it on the server. It wouldn't take very long at all to give us what has been promised for almost three years, and nobody would complain. Nobody would complain, because nobody ever asked for anything spectacular, they just want to be able to play their favourite game without having to go to a different, more than likely pay-to-win server to do so.

You can introduce pets and cosmetic overrides as micro-transactions, or even more player slots for islands. Just please add Skyblock like you said you would in early 2015. Slap the 'beta' label on it, assign a couple of Sr. Mods to be Admins with permissions to edit the world, and voila: Freebuild is back.

If for whatever reason the maps aren't there anymore, then I'm sure players wouldn't mind using the old Skywars lobby for Skyblock.

It's so insulting that some of us have waited for this game for over two years, yet instead we get "Eggwars but with two eggs, and if they both break you lose. Also, you can't criticise it because it's a beta even though we never specified that before hyping the hell out of it".

In regards to lag, you could use the Assassins / Creative system if it's that big a concern, add multiple servers (i.e. a vanilla version, an OP version, and a version with McMMO), or do what Saradabaschi did and allow up to eleven people to occupy one island.

tl;dr - Add Skyblock

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
In regards to lag, you could use the Assassins / Creative system if it's that big a concern, add multiple servers (i.e. a vanilla version, an OP version, and a version with McMMO), or do what Saradabaschi did and allow up to eleven people to occupy one island.
Or they could just add multiple servers of the same gamemode (regular vanilla without 20 billion commands), which you can play on, If you play on another server your island should be the same.

Reactions: Despacito 2

ItzCamJam

Feb 4, 2017
idek
Maybe not Factions. I do agree with your idea of Skyblock, but there is one thing. Skyblock isn't a minigame type game, it is a long lasting game that can totally take away the attention of other games, just because it is so popular. When I said Skyblock isn't a minigame, I mean it doesn't fit into Cubecraft. Cubecraft is a mini game server, meant for minigames. Skyblock would totally shift the server completely. I haven't been on long enough to when Skyblock was still a thing, but what other games actually got a lot of people playing besides Skyblock?

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Maybe not Factions. I do agree with your idea of Skyblock, but there is one thing. Skyblock isn't a minigame type game, it is a long lasting game that can totally take away the attention of other games, just because it is so popular. When I said Skyblock isn't a minigame, I mean it doesn't fit into Cubecraft. Cubecraft is a mini game server, meant for minigames. Skyblock would totally shift the server completely. I haven't been on long enough to when Skyblock was still a thing, but what other games actually got a lot of people playing besides Skyblock?
Cubecraft wasn't always a minigame server. In fact, some of its most valuable games used to be the likes of Creative, Parkour, Factions and Skyblock. We also have Creative mode, Assassins, Free for All, we had Blockband, and Parkour is "in maintenance" (lol), so it isn't wholly a minigame server. Why can't it be a universal server, one that provides minigames but also offers more? There used to be a big, friendly community on this server, but a community is not possible in-game if you never meet the same players twice.

"Skyblock would totally shift the server completely"
Into the right direction. Adding new games has never been a bad thing, and this is a game that the community, for years, has expressed that they want. It used to always be full (200/200 players), as did the other Freebuild games. Currently, if you've played one game then you've played them all. They're all set in the sky, and all offer similar to the exact same fights and experiences. This server used to be so diverse back in the day, and I think diversity is important.

ItsDavey_

Forum Expert
Nov 23, 2014
the Netherlands
Still agree with having skyblock back, it's an amazing thing to do and would give freebuild a more freebuild feeling. Only creative isn't That spectacular, But it's indeed fun to build your creations in there.

So Ye I agree

B

Britney Spears

If skyblock would push Cubecraft into the right direction, meh, I don't know. I'm not a fan nor a hater of Skyblock, but as Cubecraft has an audience which they promised a return of Skyblock they should definitely add it back to the server eventually.
The thing that's bothering me the most is that they don't even have the courage to speak out and say, no there is no Skyblock, but yes we'll add it in approx <X> months OR no it will not get added because <reason>. They're just quiet which indicates (in my eyes) that they just don't give a flipping (censored) about the players that really miss the game. I don't need a specific date and a time, just inform us about the current state of things at least, they'd earn all my respects and of many others if they just said the truth instead of blatantly ignoring everyone.

Edit*
Wonder why there are that many "When does <gamemode> get released?" and "Where is <gamemode>?" Threads? It's because there are legit 0 clear statements that are made about where those gamemodes went and when in god they'll get released, I know "It's stressful to give developers a deadline" but come on, nearly 3 years and still no Parkour and Skyblock? That's madness.

Last edited by a moderator:

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
giphy.gif

Freebuild is dead. Creative was a horrible attempt to capitalise on the popularity of Skywars and Eggwars, because apparently the game could not have survived on its own without a spark of Cubecraft "originality". The fact that it wasn't shipped with World-edit, despite many requests for it to have been, suggests that they just didn't care. This is of course reinforced by the fact that Factions required the removal of one command to be playable, yet when a friend of mine asked somebody to remove said command, he threatened to remove the entire game.

We were told that Skyblock and Factions would be returning in early 2015... and then in summer 2015... then "definitely by the end of (2015)"... and then "early 2016", followed by "early summer (2016)", led by the end of summer 2016, to... "confirmed and is coming". It has been over a year since Creative and almost three years since the original announcement.

The suggestion
Nobody wants a masterpiece, they just want something that isn't "Skywars with a twist" that they can do on their favourite server, something that involves the community. I was once told that the management team holds on to every build, every map that has ever been on the server. No doubt this includes the two Skyblock spawns. The Skyblock plugin is free and public, and is also reliable.

Just add Skyblock to the server in its imperfect, vanilla way, just like it used to be. Put the old spawn onto a map, add the plugin, and put it on the server. It wouldn't take very long at all to give us what has been promised for almost three years, and nobody would complain. Nobody would complain, because nobody ever asked for anything spectacular, they just want to be able to play their favourite game without having to go to a different, more than likely pay-to-win server to do so.

You can introduce pets and cosmetic overrides as micro-transactions, or even more player slots for islands. Just please add Skyblock like you said you would in early 2015. Slap the 'beta' label on it, assign a couple of Sr. Mods to be Admins with permissions to edit the world, and voila: Freebuild is back.

If for whatever reason the maps aren't there anymore, then I'm sure players wouldn't mind using the old Skywars lobby for Skyblock.

It's so insulting that some of us have waited for this game for over two years, yet instead we get "Eggwars but with two eggs, and if they both break you lose. Also, you can't criticise it because it's a beta even though we never specified that before hyping the hell out of it".

tl;dr - Add Skyblock
Finally.

F

Facelurite

Creative - lost hope parkour maps dominate no 1.12 rather play singleplayer. I dont care.

FactionsAustin - ok , dont care tho

Skyblock - yes , but i actually want them to do something with the idea , because there's no point in adding a game i can play on singleplayer without twists and weird , insane stuff. I wont mind if it isnt addrd

Parkour - nah.

Hide and seek - only retro game on cube i support

Hourglass - :)

Reactions: ᴀᴜsᴛɪɴ

Luzario

Jun 7, 2017
Ireland
Creative - lost hope parkour maps dominate no 1.12 rather play singleplayer. I dont care.

FactionsAustin - ok , dont care tho

Skyblock - yes , but i actually want them to do something with the idea , because there's no point in adding a game i can play on singleplayer without twists and weird , insane stuff. I wont mind if it isnt addrd

Parkour - nah.

Hide and seek - only retro game on cube i support

Hourglass - :)
When sky block was on cube craft, was it vanilla sky block or was it a op, spawners, mob grinders sky block?

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
When sky block was on cube craft, was it vanilla sky block or was it a op, spawners, mob grinders sky block?
It was initially vanilla, with a shop that provided a few items (i.e. diamonds, saplings, buckets, etc.) for a hefty amount of points per piece. Later on down the line, challenges were added, which was pretty ace. Then,because lag became an issue, spawners were introduced. They basically killed the server so were removed.

There was also the Nether thanks to two brilliant admins (Jinjo, Saradabaechi), as well as various minigames that would be hosted weekly. There was a PvP arena, and you could also travel to other islands eventually.

Pitufo01

Novice Member
Mar 26, 2017
A Little Village Somewhere inPortugal
giphy.gif

The suggestion

tl;dr - Add Skyblock

You could use the Assassins system if it's that big a concern, add multiple servers

Nqnja

Novice Member
Dec 1, 2016
Netherlands
I agree with the idea skyblock has to be introduced, but it has to be a special version of skyblock, not a vanilla one like on other servers.
Maybe cubecraft can add lucky blocks, ore generators or spawner silk.

Reactions: Sophie
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on zanewasfallen's profile.
Happy Birthday
Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
goodnight pooks :3
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on zanewasfallen's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Reesle wrote on zanewasfallen's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🧁
Haven't been online for a long time (won't be on Discord still), how is everyone?
Top Bottom