Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Wetaa

Dec 5, 2015
Spain
www.youtube.com
Hi! First of all, I'm creating this post after sending an apply, this does NOT mean I'm trying to be accepted with this post, it's only a suggestion.

So, here I go, I reciently noticed that the anti-cheat needs a bit more develpoment and you should take a look into it, but I think having staff members is also very important: not everything is about cheaters that an anti-cheat can easily and automatically ban (which doesn't happens for now). So I recommend the highest staff members to broadcast a message on the server saying you are looking for new staff members, so they can apply and get moderator rank if they deserve it. Also I think you need staff because there actually are 35 staff members and more than a half of them offline trying to moderate a server with 10.200 people online (right now). As you probably suppose, it's an impossible job with just a few staff members, so I recommend accepting more applications! I repeat, I'm not trying to get my application accepted, this is only something that I thought long time ago, not only since I sent the application. So I hope you see this message and take action because hackers are literally slowly destroying not only Cubecraft community, but entire Minecraft community, and right now the Cubecraft community is a big one in Minecraft. So please, do what I'm saying and I promise that everything will be better! Because for this server you probably need like 150 - 200 staff members online at the same time and fixing the anti-cheat would help 200% more.

So now I'll talk about the staff for single minigames, which means that there can be a staff for a single game, for example: imagine someone in their apply says he wants to be SkyWars mod, or EggWars, or PvP Mod. There will also be Global Mods, which can also be chosen if you want to be one in the apply. That would help a lot because I'm pretty sure that if you accept a lot of staff members, they will probably stay at the famous games like SkyWars or EggWars, but if there's someone that like a non-popular game like Creative (by non-popular I mean that there's not as many players) then they can be Creative Moderator! And maybe, in the future they can get promoted to Global Moderator if they haven't applied for it in their apply.

This last idea runs in various servers and none of those servers haves any cheaters, that means that this method works and it's easy to manage, of course, you will need a staff manager, that person can be someone that right now is an Admin or an Owner.

I'm writing this because I see at least one cheater in all of the SkyWars games I played today.

GeldHaftige

Dedicated Member
May 4, 2017
Belgium
First> we have to report rulebreakers and staff will accept. More staff members doesn't mean that we will have less hackers.
Second> you have to become first a [helper] and than can you promote to [MOD].
Third> If @Tacosbefriends sees good people that help the community will he accept them. There are a lot new helpers added this few months. Cubecraft wants only the best of the best.
Fourth> I have rather a staff member that knows what he does and helps the community than anyone that doesn't take it serious.
Fifth> New staff members is also the same as giving free ranks. Cubecraft searchs the perfect people for this 'job'.
Sixth> I think that we have the perfect staff team and that only the best of the best can join the staff team.

Wetaa

Dec 5, 2015
Spain
www.youtube.com
First>I already know that you get helper, then mod, thanks, but players don't usually report because they're too lazy to do it, so don't count in them to do this job.
Second> If the member list-staff members on the forums is right, they really didn't accept many new staff members, as there's only 35-40 in total.
Third>You don't need a professional training to be a staff member, it's an important rank on the server and you have to be resposible, but, with some teaching, everyone can do it great.
Fourth>Why "free ranks"? Of course I'm still talking about looking for the best players to do this job. But no need to search for the best OF THE BEST. As it will be the same anyways.
Fifth>Would be the perfect team if it had more members and if maybe they added my "Staff per minigame" suggestion, but that's irrelevant now.
Sixth>If you don't see this as a suggestion read it again, maybe the first paragraph isn't, but the second sure is.

Reactions: Gatsbe

Simbaaa

Dedicated Member
Jul 11, 2014
USA
I don't think this is needed. There are already quite a lot of CubeCraft staff and what's the difference if there is a staff member for a certain game? And staff member could play any game and look for hackers if they wanted to.

Wetaa

Dec 5, 2015
Spain
www.youtube.com
I don't think this is needed. There are already quite a lot of CubeCraft staff and what's the difference if there is a staff member for a certain game? And staff member could play any game and look for hackers if they wanted to.
Yeah, maybe staff members for certain games isn't necessary, but they really should be recruiting new staff. idk..

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Because for this server you probably need like 150 - 200 staff members online at the same time and fixing the anti-cheat would help 200% more.
You keep talking about staff members to get hackers banned, but here's the catch:
Those 150-200 people banning hackers, they already exist. They're called people who use reports.cubecraft.net
and I can assure you one thing, staff member checking reports ban hackers a lot faster than staff members trying to do it in-game.
As for the anticheat, Sentinel, it's self-learning, so it's getting better every day. It's already a whole lot better than when it was just released.
I'm writing this because I see at least one cheater in all of the SkyWars games I played today.
There's the other catch. The majority of hackers are probably there, in skywars (especially 1.8). I play eggwars (1.9) and they're not that common here. The amount of hackers is very different depending on the game you play.

That's all I wanted to say.

Wetaa

Dec 5, 2015
Spain
www.youtube.com
You keep talking about staff members to get hackers banned, but here's the catch:
Those 150-200 people banning hackers, they already exist. They're called people who use reports.cubecraft.net
and I can assure you one thing, staff member checking reports ban hackers a lot faster than staff members trying to do it in-game.
As for the anticheat, Sentinel, it's self-learning, so it's getting better every day. It's already a whole lot better than when it was just released.

There's the other catch. The majority of hackers are probably there, in skywars (especially 1.8). I play eggwars (1.9) and they're not that common here. The amount of hackers is very different depending on the game you play.

That's all I wanted to say.
Well then why don't they recruit more staff? Your arguments about normal players using reports.cubecraft.net is completely wrong as there's not enough players using the new report system, which is well developed but too long to complete for a normal player that only wants to have fun for a few minutes. Also, Sentinel, even if it's self-learning, there must be an update, because Sentinel cannot even detect a flying player, killaura with 5 blocks of reach or auto-bridging, and those are the easiest to ban.

Bob_the_Giraffe

Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2013
Canada
Running a server takes the work from us staff members but also from the players and the rest of the community.

Staff members do a lot behind the scenes to get stuff done for the server but it also requires players to do their part such as reporting players (https://reports.cubecraft.net/) breaking rules in anyway. Even with a few more staff members, it wouldn't solve any issue with players breaking rules.

Theres thousands of games played across the server on a regular basis and it's literally impossible to get a staff member in each one of them which is why we need players to report rule breakers.

Wetaa

Dec 5, 2015
Spain
www.youtube.com
Running a server takes the work from us staff members but also from the players and the rest of the community.

Staff members do a lot behind the scenes to get stuff done for the server but it also requires players to do their part such as reporting players (https://reports.cubecraft.net/) breaking rules in anyway. Even with a few more staff members, it wouldn't solve any issue with players breaking rules.

Theres thousands of games played across the server on a regular basis and it's literally impossible to get a staff member in each one of them which is why we need players to report rule breakers.
I completely understand that, but wouldn't that help even just a little bit? Also I know it's players' job to keep the community clean, but with the new report system, it's harder to get people banned, because some people can't download recording software, or maybe their computer can't handle it, so it'd be nice to add the old /report command with a punishment if false reporting, with, once again, a broadcast message that warns about it. Also I'm pretty sure there are very good staff members waiting for their apply accepted for a long time.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
I completely understand that, but wouldn't that help even just a little bit? Also I know it's players' job to keep the community clean, but with the new report system, it's harder to get people banned, because some people can't download recording software, or maybe their computer can't handle it, so it'd be nice to add the old /report command with a punishment if false reporting, with, once again, a broadcast message that warns about it. Also I'm pretty sure there are very good staff members waiting for their apply accepted for a long time.
The problem with many staff members are is that you eventually have no clue what is going on anymore because they are so many. Mineplex for instance has way too many IMO, and they're not doing that great anymore.
Also, the more staff members = the more chances of one of those staff members to abuse their position., and as soon as word gets out that "cubecraft staff abuses their powers" I can assure you that it's going to be a big huge large massive freaking mess.

As for the /report command:
Most players on cubecraft can't really distinguish hacks from not-hacks, so I doubt this would be very effective as a command that would spam the feces out of staff online.

What could work better as a /report command though, is this concept:
There is a list, and the more /reports's you have received, the higher you are on the list. Staff members can view the list and visit the player in-game and check if the player is hacking or not, and then either ban the player or remove the player from the list.
Could work in theory, but has to be worked out pretty well in order to work.

Wetaa

Dec 5, 2015
Spain
www.youtube.com
The problem with many staff members are is that you eventually have no clue what is going on anymore because they are so many. Mineplex for instance has way too many IMO, and they're not doing that great anymore.
Also, the more staff members = the more chances of one of those staff members to abuse their position., and as soon as word gets out that "cubecraft staff abuses their powers" I can assure you that it's going to be a big huge large massive freaking mess.

As for the /report command:
Most players on cubecraft can't really distinguish hacks from not-hacks, so I doubt this would be very effective as a command that would spam the feces out of staff online.

There is a list, and the more /reports's you have received, the higher you are on the list. Staff members can view the list and visit the player in-game and check if the player is hacking or not, and then either ban the player or remove the player from the list.
Well, that's why you have to choose the staff members properly, because you can't be accepting everybody, and about the report command, your idea is pretty good, make a suggestion post.

Bob_the_Giraffe

Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2013
Canada

There is no way to provide evidence with the /report command unless you were to go onto a website such as Imgur (For screenshots) or Youtube (For Videos) which is why it was taken down. Staff will NOT Ban/Mute without sufficient evidence. Even if the players did include a link with evidence, it means they are doing the same process which is required for a report through our website. Not to mention there would be hundreds or reports coming in every few reports because there would be many false reports. Many would get lost or never seen due to the amount of them coming in. This is why our new reports website works better :) It's organized and easy to keep track of.

The staff members who are in charge of looking through players applications will only accept those that are fit for the job. They will not hire players just to have the numbers. It's better to have quality staff members.

Reactions: CommunistCactus

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
Hi! First of all, I'm creating this post after sending an apply, this does NOT mean I'm trying to be accepted with this post, it's only a suggestion.

So, here I go, I reciently noticed that the anti-cheat needs a bit more develpoment and you should take a look into it, but I think having staff members is also very important: not everything is about cheaters that an anti-cheat can easily and automatically ban (which doesn't happens for now). So I recommend the highest staff members to broadcast a message on the server saying you are looking for new staff members, so they can apply and get moderator rank if they deserve it. Also I think you need staff because there actually are 35 staff members and more than a half of them offline trying to moderate a server with 10.200 people online (right now). As you probably suppose, it's an impossible job with just a few staff members, so I recommend accepting more applications! I repeat, I'm not trying to get my application accepted, this is only something that I thought long time ago, not only since I sent the application. So I hope you see this message and take action because hackers are literally slowly destroying not only Cubecraft community, but entire Minecraft community, and right now the Cubecraft community is a big one in Minecraft. So please, do what I'm saying and I promise that everything will be better! Because for this server you probably need like 150 - 200 staff members online at the same time and fixing the anti-cheat would help 200% more.

So now I'll talk about the staff for single minigames, which means that there can be a staff for a single game, for example: imagine someone in their apply says he wants to be SkyWars mod, or EggWars, or PvP Mod. There will also be Global Mods, which can also be chosen if you want to be one in the apply. That would help a lot because I'm pretty sure that if you accept a lot of staff members, they will probably stay at the famous games like SkyWars or EggWars, but if there's someone that like a non-popular game like Creative (by non-popular I mean that there's not as many players) then they can be Creative Moderator! And maybe, in the future they can get promoted to Global Moderator if they haven't applied for it in their apply.

This last idea runs in various servers and none of those servers haves any cheaters, that means that this method works and it's easy to manage, of course, you will need a staff manager, that person can be someone that right now is an Admin or an Owner.

CC will only accept the best applicants. Sometimes there would be many who get accepted because of how well their application and their status is. While other times no one would get accepted. I prefer Quality over Quantity.
Secondly Developers are who improve + fix + add things to the server. Helpers & Moderators assist players, punish cheaters & as you guessed it "Help"/"Moderate" the server.

Currently Staff members are NOT machines. They're humans too, they're not always helping/moderating the server. Sometimes they play on the server and other minigames too. When the time is needed they use their staff permissions to punish or sometimes help other players (of course they do sometimes moderate lobbies). You cannot limit what they could do. You usually see staff members in lobbies because they most likely want to have some fun or sometimes just watch the lobby their in. You never know if a staff member is around since they do have access to /vanish.

Since you're trying to get accepted as a helper try thinking how it would feel to be forced to follow these ideas.
Let's say you love skywars but hate creative, then you're assigned to moderate the 'Creative' Lobby. All you do is stare at the screen doing nothing waiting for someone to do something wrong or ask for help.

Wetaa

Dec 5, 2015
Spain
www.youtube.com
There is no way to provide evidence with the /report command unless you were to go onto a website such as Imgur (For screenshots) or Youtube (For Videos) which is why it was taken down. Staff will NOT Ban/Mute without sufficient evidence. Even if the players did include a link with evidence, it means they are doing the same process which is required for a report through our website. Not to mention there would be hundreds or reports coming in every few reports because there would be many false reports. Many would get lost or never seen due to the amount of them coming in. This is why our new reports website works better :) It's organized and easy to keep track of.

The staff members who are in charge of looking through players applications will only accept those that are fit for the job. They will not hire players just to have the numbers. It's better to have quality staff members.

I also agree, quality better than quantity, but well in my first post I was talking about getting both quantity and quality! But I understand, and one last thing, had a great idea for the /report in-game, and honestly that'd work almost as good as the website, or I don't know, maybe even better, who knows! Take a look at it:

Wetaa

Dec 5, 2015
Spain
www.youtube.com
CC will only accept the best applicants. Sometimes there would be many who get accepted because of how well their application and their status is. While other times no one would get accepted. I prefer Quality over Quantity.
Secondly Developers are who improve + fix + add things to the server. Helpers & Moderators assist players, punish cheaters & as you guessed it "Help"/"Moderate" the server.

Currently Staff members are NOT machines. They're humans too, they're not always helping/moderating the server. Sometimes they play on the server and other minigames too. When the time is needed they use their staff permissions to punish or sometimes help other players (of course they do sometimes moderate lobbies). You cannot limit what they could do. You usually see staff members in lobbies because they most likely want to have some fun or sometimes just watch the lobby their in. You never know if a staff member is around since they do have access to /vanish.

Since you're trying to get accepted as a helper try thinking how it would feel to be forced to follow these ideas.
Let's say you love skywars but hate creative, then you're assigned to moderate the 'Creative' Lobby. All you do is stare at the screen doing nothing waiting for someone to do something wrong or ask for help.
You didn't understand the "Staff per minigame" thing. I was talking about every staff member moderates what HE likes to moderate! And as there would be more staff members, it'd be easier to have one staff member per game, thus, banning more people breaking rules at the same time. Because there's something very important, and it's that if you work on something you love (imagine, like maybe you skywars moderator and me survival games moderator, for example) the staff would be EVEN MORE dedicated!!! That would be like 200% efficient with the help of a renewed and fixed anti-cheat.

Bob_the_Giraffe

Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2013
Canada
You didn't understand the "Staff per minigame" thing. I was talking about every staff member moderates what HE likes to moderate! And as there would be more staff members, it'd be easier to have one staff member per game, thus, banning more people breaking rules at the same time. Because there's something very important, and it's that if you work on something you love (imagine, like maybe you skywars moderator and me survival games moderator, for example) the staff would be EVEN MORE dedicated!!! That would be like 200% efficient with the help of a renewed and fixed anti-cheat.

All the staff enjoy playing many different games and can chose what they want to play. There would be no point in forcing anyone to specifically play one game mode.

Wetaa

Dec 5, 2015
Spain
www.youtube.com
Hey there,
Just informing you that your forum activity will decrease your chance of being accepted. Anyways good luck.

Cheers,
NoResult
All the staff enjoy playing many different games and can chose what they want to play. There would be no point in forcing anyone to specifically play one game mode.
But I'm talking about favourite games. Don't you have your favourite game? Then you would be a special moderator for that game if my suggestion was accepted.

Wetaa

Dec 5, 2015
Spain
www.youtube.com
Hey there,
Just informing you that your forum activity will decrease your chance of being accepted. Anyways good luck.

Cheers,
NoResult
We're not talking about that, I know that my forum activity isn't too good, but I've been active the last days since I sent the apply, and there might be exceptions. Thank you.

Spookrijder1

Apr 6, 2016
Roosendaal, The Netherlands
We're not talking about that, I know that my forum activity isn't too good, but I've been active the last days since I sent the apply, and there might be exceptions. Thank you.

I'm only helping you.

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

98/100

all that effort and despite getting a perfect score from my superiors i never got a perfect score in my work immersion subject
CrystalLegend01 wrote on savina875's profile.
Thank you for the follow! And welcome to the Forums
MrTommy wrote on Eli's profile.
So ypy finally admitting im good at something :D
Screenshot_20240425_224822_Samsung Internet.jpg
Reesle wrote on The NightGhost02's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Top Bottom