Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

themainevent

May 9, 2019
It would be nice if the bedrock version got alot more attention considering it usually has 5x the amount of players on the java server.
There is only 4 gamemodes currently on bedrock and it has been like for quite some time. So some more gamemodes like the previously suggested ffa would be nice.
We need more maps for eggwars and skywars as there is very few at the moment and very little variety between them.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
It’s not like Cube can go from 0 to 100 within some months. They update every gamemode once in a while because there are very few developers and every game needs attention and especially the standard games (so not the ones rotating at java). Even adding already existing gamemodes from java to bedrock probably costs a lot of time.

MrGrumpyCheese

Dedicated Member
Jul 15, 2016
Classic Edition
Bedrock gets wayyy more updates?
I disagree. Let's look at the major updates so far in 2019. I'll exclude seasonal updates for both networks since they're so similar, as well as minor updates like point multipliers and map or store updates

Bedrock:
  • Chaos SkyWars - though very few players are able to experience this game so for the whole community this is an insignificant update
  • EggWars Update

Java:
  • EggWars Update
  • Achievements + Challenges Update
  • SkyWars Update
  • 1.8 FFA
  • Lucky Islands Update
Alternatively you can just take a look at https://www.cubecraft.net/forums/news/ and https://www.cubecraft.net/forums/bedrock-edition-news.78/ and notice how there are have been 14 Java updates posted compared to 7 Bedrock updates in 2019.

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
While there are more players on bedrock, judging from the amount of updates, Java is probably more profitable per player than bedrock is as java players tend to be older and with more expensive hardware in the first place, meaning they likely can afford ranks and etc.

Quetzi

Jun 7, 2017
@quetzi
quetzi.tv
Bear in mind that any comments non management staff make regarding finances is just their opinion, they just see their invoice getting paid each month. I'm not going to comment on it beyond saying that you'd probably be quite surprised at how the split falls. As for the question itself, we're all aware that we are in a bit of a content drought right now and it is something that we'd like to fix. Finding time to rectify it isn't always as easy as it sounds, we are doing updates regularly, they are just things that are not very player-facing. There has been a huge improvement in performance and reliability on our Bedrock network, something that has taken quite a while to do but as a result we're able to hold almost 100% more players than before. Quite difficult to try and 'sell' those kind of updates to the players, which is why it looks like we've been doing a lot less on Bedrock lately.

Reactions: themainevent
Jul 22, 2019
www.youtube.com
It's hard to add more and keep it lag free especially for console players like us, due to this we have to be patient because I rather have less gamemodes and a lag free environment, I already experience minimal lag from time to time on SG but It's nothing major.

Change takes time, and patience :)

themainevent

May 9, 2019
This new update for skywars 2s is good and I especially like the gravestone mechanic, keep up the good work with updates like these. I would like to see FFA added but skywars is pretty fun again now.

CatsLoveRainbows

Dedicated Member
May 28, 2017
California
I think this explains it all: https://stats.cubecraft.net/

Look at Bedrock’s player base, then look at 1.9 Java’s. At the highest point of the day, Java has about 3,000 players while Bedrock has over 13,000 players!

And when you ask me, “Should cube update Java or Bedrock”, I would update Bedrock all the way! (Even though I haven’t played Bedrock in my life lol)

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Amazinq wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congrats
Amazinq wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats
Amazinq wrote on Frontlane's profile.
welcome back :)
ElFlxen_ wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Felicidades!
ElFlxen_ wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congrats! and welcome back! :cubie2:
Top Bottom