Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
D

Deleted member 486292

I have been closely monitoring the cubecraft server additions and its respective changelogs, and 90% of the time, its just a useless skyblock bugfix or some addition that only would interest a younger audience. The competitive community isnt getting much love right now, and my suggestion would be for the administration team to shift their focus for some time on fixing pvp-related bugs, improving server performance and smoothness, and enhancing the PVP related meta/gamemodes on the server.

I do know that the network is nearing its release of the NA server, which may relieve some strain on performance and help with ping, but this probably won't have a massive impact on things. It is, however, something that I and many other competitive NA players can look forward too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Adxm

Apr 7, 2021
I have been closely monitoring the cubecraft server additions and its respective changelogs, and 90% of the time, its just a useless skyblock bugfix or some addition that only would interest a younger audience. The competitive community isnt getting much love right now, and my suggestion would be for the administration team to shift their focus for some time on fixing pvp-related bugs, improving server performance and smoothness, and enhancing the PVP related meta/gamemodes on the server.

I do know that the network is nearing its release of the NA server, which may receive some strain on performance and help with ping, but this probably won't have a massive impact on things. It is, however, something that I and many other competitive NA players can look forward too.
I agree, they really need to fix their server lagg and even small glitches it would make a big difference

• Love
Reactions: ATouchscreenPlayer

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
Skyblock
The reason Skyblock is getting so many bug fixes, is because Skyblock has a lot of moderately easy bugs to fix. And also the devs have teased many times, that Skyblock is getting an End update soonish.

PvP bugs and server lag
The PvP bugs are a lot harder to fix, as they are very complex. The devs are fixing PvP related bugs, and they are slowly getting fixed. Bedrock updating to 1.12.2 will help server lag a bit, although server lag is constantly being worked on. Be patient, the devs are working hard.

NA servers
There are 2 reasons NA servers are taking so long to get released. Number 1 is money, NA servers would cost money, a lot of money. Cubecraft spent a lot of money upgrading the servers when PS4 players got access to servers. So when they get enough money, NA servers will come.

Number 2 is how Cubecraft's servers work. How the servers work, is that all three servers. Being Java 1.8, Java 1.9 and Bedrock, are all on the same hardware and using the same server space. This means that to get NA servers for Bedrock you would also have to have NA servers for Java. Which means games on Java would have even longer queue times. So it's a balancing act.

Ending
Hope this cleared some misconceptions up, about how Cubecraft operates and there focuses.

pieterpeer

May 3, 2020
The Netherlands
Skyblock
The reason Skyblock is getting so many bug fixes, is because Skyblock has a lot of moderately easy bugs to fix. And also the devs have teased many times, that Skyblock is getting an End update soonish.

PvP bugs
The PvP bugs are a lot harder to fix, as they are very complex. The devs are fixing PvP related bugs, and they are slowly getting fixed. Be patient, the devs are working hard.

NA servers
There are 2 reasons NA servers are taking so long to get released. Number 1 is money, NA servers would cost money, a lot of money. Cubecraft spent a lot of money upgrading the servers when PS4 players got access to servers. So when they get enough money, NA servers will come.

Number 2 is how Cubecraft's servers work. How the servers work, is that all three servers. Being Java 1.8, Java 1.9 and Bedrock, are all on the same hardware and using the same server space. This means that to get NA servers for Bedrock you would also have to have NA servers for Java. Which means games on Java would have even longer queue times. So it's a balancing act.

Ending
Hope this cleared some misconceptions up, about how Cubecraft operates and there focuses.
Nobody ever said that they are slow at fixing bugs or that the devs aren’t working hard though, the suggestion is about prioritizing bugfixes over new features, not that CubeCraft isn’t doing anything.

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
Nobody ever said that they are slow at fixing bugs though, the suggestion is about prioritizing bugfixes over new features, not that CubeCraft isn’t doing anything.
I know, my post is saying that they are prioritising bug fixes, it just takes some time.

pieterpeer

May 3, 2020
The Netherlands
I know, my post is saying that they are prioritising bug fixes, it just takes some time.
I don’t really see that in your post, so if you could quote it that would be great. Also, that is also not really what CubeCraft is doing at the moment. I’m not saying that CubeCraft is doing anything wrong, but they are not prioritizing bugfixes over new features, I don’t really get where you heard that.

Reactions: Vrachtschip

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
Idk where you’re getting this info from. The main challenges with NA servers are technical ones like databases and similar things.
As for the thread, I disagree. Bugs are handled by a completely different department than who develops new games (mostly). If you asked a developer who makes games to fix a bug about blocks they’re going to have a harder time fixing it than a protocol developer. Same for an infrastructure developer making a game and so forth. I hope you understand that it’s possible to have many tasks being worked on at once, and stopping everything for bugs wouldn’t be productive. If anything the solution for the bugs in my opinion is to bring another developer on board to focus on protocol bugs. Thanks for the suggestion, but I disagree

Monarky

Mar 4, 2021
youtube.com
Idk where you’re getting this info from. The main challenges with NA servers are technical ones like databases and similar things.
As for the thread, I disagree. Bugs are handled by a completely different department than who develops new games (mostly). If you asked a developer who makes games to fix a bug about blocks they’re going to have a harder time fixing it than a protocol developer. Same for an infrastructure developer making a game and so forth. I hope you understand that it’s possible to have many tasks being worked on at once, and stopping everything for bugs wouldn’t be productive. If anything the solution for the bugs in my opinion is to bring another developer on board to focus on protocol bugs. Thanks for the suggestion, but I disagree
But then why hasn’t the block replacing bug been fixed? This makes eggwars very challenging to play but still no fix ):

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
Thats not what i was saying, did you quote the wrong post?

D

Deleted member 486292

I see your point, but what are the protocol developers working on currently, then? If what you say is true, then it would make sense for the protocol devs to solely focus on their area of expertise. Iirc cubecraft has 2, but surely they are being put on other tasks irrelevant to protocol and general bugs.

ATouchscreenPlayer

Nov 29, 2020
Well is there a lack of Infrastructure developers? Its taking quite a while.......

Click Greatness

Jan 23, 2021
Greatness
www.youtube.com
I‘m neutral cause I’m a casual player and I personally would prefer new content. All games have bugs and we live with them. However I can totally see how small bugs ruin your experience as a competitive player.

Though I wouldn’t even bother being competitive in a game but that doesn’t officially have competitive play. But hey, we all like different things I can‘t judge.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

2v2 bedwars sucked so bad it made me a skywars main again
Reesle wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom