Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

GrottiXproto

Novice Member
Feb 10, 2019
Dear CubeCraft Games Team,

I have been inactive in this website for 4 years but I felt like the time has come.

I am writing to express my deep disappointment and concern regarding the recent changes on the server. As a dedicated player for the past seven years (not only this account) it pains me to witness the downfall of a server that has been a significant part of my gaming experience.

The September 2022 announcement that the server will be shut down if it doesn't reach 1000 active players is disheartening. This decision seems to reflect a disconnect with the dedicated community that has supported CubeCraft Games for years. It's evident that this ultimatum stems from a lack of understanding of the player base and a failure to address the concerns voiced by the community.

Furthermore, the persistent presence of game-breaking bugs has significantly undermined the overall gaming experience. These issues have remained unresolved for an extended period, indicating a lack of commitment to quality assurance and player satisfaction.

The recent 1.19 update has had a detrimental impact on the accessibility of the game, particularly for players with slower PCs. This update has rendered the game unplayable for a considerable portion of the community, restricting access to the once-enjoyable experience of CubeCraft Games.

Additionally, the imposition of the texture pack has elicited negative reactions from many players, including myself. This forced implementation has made the game feel unnatural and divergent from the core essence of Minecraft, which has been a defining aspect of the server's appeal.

Moreover, the removal of several beloved minigames has further contributed to the frustration and dissatisfaction among the player base. These changes have disrupted the community's sense of unity and enjoyment, leading to a gradual decline in active players.

Furthermore, the decision to lock numerous features behind a ranked player system has forced non-ranked players to contend with highly competitive "tryhards" in nearly every game they join, creating an unwelcoming and imbalanced environment for casual players.

It is crucial for the CubeCraft Games team to understand that the essence of the server lies in the vibrant and passionate community. Without the continued support and participation of the players, the server's future remains uncertain. I urge the team to re-evaluate its recent decisions and prioritize the interests and concerns of the community to ensure the longevity and success of CubeCraft Games.

Please consider the sentiments expressed by the loyal players who have contributed to the growth and success of the server over the years. We, the community, are eager to see positive changes and a renewed commitment to fostering an inclusive and enjoyable gaming environment.

Sincerely,

GrottiXproto

Reesle

Forum Expert
May 25, 2022
Canada
Dear CubeCraft Games Team,

I have been inactive in this website for 4 years but I felt like the time has come.

I am writing to express my deep disappointment and concern regarding the recent changes on the server. As a dedicated player for the past seven years (not only this account) it pains me to witness the downfall of a server that has been a significant part of my gaming experience.

The September 2022 announcement that the server will be shut down if it doesn't reach 1000 active players is disheartening. This decision seems to reflect a disconnect with the dedicated community that has supported CubeCraft Games for years. It's evident that this ultimatum stems from a lack of understanding of the player base and a failure to address the concerns voiced by the community.

Furthermore, the persistent presence of game-breaking bugs has significantly undermined the overall gaming experience. These issues have remained unresolved for an extended period, indicating a lack of commitment to quality assurance and player satisfaction.

The recent 1.19 update has had a detrimental impact on the accessibility of the game, particularly for players with slower PCs. This update has rendered the game unplayable for a considerable portion of the community, restricting access to the once-enjoyable experience of CubeCraft Games.

Additionally, the imposition of the texture pack has elicited negative reactions from many players, including myself. This forced implementation has made the game feel unnatural and divergent from the core essence of Minecraft, which has been a defining aspect of the server's appeal.

Moreover, the removal of several beloved minigames has further contributed to the frustration and dissatisfaction among the player base. These changes have disrupted the community's sense of unity and enjoyment, leading to a gradual decline in active players.

Furthermore, the decision to lock numerous features behind a ranked player system has forced non-ranked players to contend with highly competitive "tryhards" in nearly every game they join, creating an unwelcoming and imbalanced environment for casual players.

It is crucial for the CubeCraft Games team to understand that the essence of the server lies in the vibrant and passionate community. Without the continued support and participation of the players, the server's future remains uncertain. I urge the team to re-evaluate its recent decisions and prioritize the interests and concerns of the community to ensure the longevity and success of CubeCraft Games.

Please consider the sentiments expressed by the loyal players who have contributed to the growth and success of the server over the years. We, the community, are eager to see positive changes and a renewed commitment to fostering an inclusive and enjoyable gaming environment.

Sincerely,

GrottiXproto
I agree that the announcement that the Java server has a possibility of being shut down is saddening.

I also agree that there are still some game-breaking bugs on the loose, however many of them have already been fixed (excluding Minerware, because since the new update there are many bugs). And, if they have not been fixed, the Cubecraft team is working as we speak - or type lol - to fix them.

I agree with you that the 1.19 update was detrimental because it changed the kb that the large majority (including myself) of the player-base enjoyed. It also ruined Eggwars. Many people including myself dislike the new Eggwars because it’s essentially like an entirely new game now. There are few new features in it that I like at the moment.

I personally don’t see anything wrong with Cubecraft making a texture pack for the server. I like the new look of the hubs and lobbies.

About the minigames being removed, for Java at least, they had no choice because the player count was too low to have that amount of games on the server. But for Bedrock, I’m very disappointed to see that colony control will never be returning. I really hope they can make it into a permanent game mode. 😢

I might be a little bias because I own ranks, but I don’t see anything wrong with them. If Cubecraft doesn’t make money somehow, then they will have to shut down not only because of player count issues but because of financial troubles as well.

Lastly, I do agree that they don’t listen to the community very often. For example : capes, seasonal games on Bedrock, reverting eggwars or creating “legacy eggwars”, trashing the Skyblock end-update, etc.

Blom

Forum Expert
Sep 12, 2018
MinerWare Town
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Great post, great opinion. I fully agree with every single point you made, and I wish to return to a period of time where we could play java MinerWare in peace.

I got a couple points to add:
This decision seems to reflect a disconnect with the dedicated community that has supported CubeCraft Games for years
Lastly, I do agree that they don’t listen to the community very often.
It is good to point out that, with an exception from this post (by a partner btw), the last time an admin responded on a feedback thread was no less than a year(!) ago. The Admins lost connection with the imput of the community a long time ago and it wouldn't surprise me if they don't read this post either.
Personally, I fully agree with this statement. I don't like the unnatural UI, but I know a big part of the community does. The buttons are now easier to navigate for new players as well as people from bedrock, as they have the same UI. Obviously, I would love it to be reverted, but from the wider perspective I suppose the UI is a decent change.

About the minigames being removed, for Java at least, they had no choice because the player count was too low to have that amount of games on the server.
Personally, I think this is highly overestimated. Because we do not have any globally released data, I cannot confirm any of my suspicions. However, Java had the following list of options to choose from when you joined the server at any given moment:

- EggWars Solo
- EggWars Teams
- SkyWars Solo
- SkyWars Teams
- Lucky Islands Solo
- Lucky Islands Teams
- FFA
- Duels
- Parkour
- SkyBlock
- MinerWare
- Tower Defense
- Among Slimes (I forgot whether this was put into the featured cycle)
- Featured Cycle
- BlockWars Cycle

You see, each and every single one of these gamemodes needed players, and each and every one received at least a couple players.
This was then patched and brought back to the following list:

- EggWars Teams
- SkyWars Solo
- Lucky Islands Solo
- FFA
- Parkour
- SkyBlock

You can understand that by bringing the list back to such a small list of games, a lot of people from other modes have to decide what their new gamemode is gonna be. There is a lot of players left over now, so the goal was to boost playercount on all the other gamemodes. Sure, I can see that. HOWEVER: they decided to only keep PvP related gamemodes. With both MinerWare and Tower Defense (and even Among Slimes for that matter) achieving player counts of around 80 at certain moments of the day, you could expect a lot of minigame players to hop over to any of those games, myself included. I don't feel like there is any fun gamemode left to relax right now, which forces me to play on other servers.

I am a firm believer that adding MinerWare will not only help retaining members that already decided to stick with CubeCraft, but will also get a lot of former players back in the scene. Now that people still vaguely remember what it is must be the perfect time to add it back (imo). MinerWare has the full potential to become the main game of the network, as much as EggWars always having had that function. With the downfall of EggWars due to the update, it's time for the return.

Sorry for taking over the thread with this stuff, but I feel like it contributes to what you already stated in your thread too. Thanks for reading, have a nice one, lets hope an admin will respond lmao.

Reesle

Forum Expert
May 25, 2022
Canada
GrottiXproto said:

Personally, I fully agree with this statement. I don't like the unnatural UI, but I know a big part of the community does. The buttons are now easier to navigate for new players as well as people from bedrock, as they have the same UI. Obviously, I would love it to be reverted, but from the wider perspective I suppose the UI is a decent change.
It would be cool to see the option added to choose between the newer UI and the old UI. I still prefer the older UI, however I have gotten used to the new UI.

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
Sadly, I agree with most of this... The staff seem distant and the server feels like it is on the decline. However, Hazard said that maybe there just might be a community talk here.
I agree. The community talks are a very powerful topic. We need to do them more often and gather valuable and sometimes critical feedback from our players when it comes to future updates and what they would like to see on the network. Sometimes we do this in designated groups of people for specific minigames, but it's best to get the whole community together and collect their ideas and opinions so that we can keep the network to the best of their interests.

I'm not saying this on behalf of the company or towards anyone specific, just providing my own personal opinion on the need for more community talks. Finding the time to organize these talks within the company can be rather difficult, with everyone full steam ahead working on many different projects and keeping the network up and running. When the CC team wants to host a community talk, they want the very best people with the most knowledge of the network to step up and answer questions. Sometimes those people aren't available due to holidays or the amount of work and tasks they have.

Community talks take a lot of time internally to try and organize, having seen it from my perspective. While I would love to see them more, it isn't always possible due to last-minute changes, cancellations, or holidays. Maybe it would be possible to organise another one sometime soon, possibly along the run-up to spooky month or towards the end of the year explaining our plans and ambitions for 2024, but nothing is confirmed, these are just potential ideas.
They said that nothing is confirmed, however I think that most of these issues could be solved by the staff listening to us in a community talk. In my opinion one of the worst changes made to Cubecraft was when forwarding messages was removed. Remember when getting 25 agrees meant the staff would respond, yeah that was nice. But sadly, it's been gone for over a year. Really, what this server needs is community input, which sadly it is missing.

GrottiXproto

Novice Member
Feb 10, 2019
Sadly, I agree with most of this... The staff seem distant and the server feels like it is on the decline. However, Hazard said that maybe there just might be a community talk here.

They said that nothing is confirmed, however I think that most of these issues could be solved by the staff listening to us in a community talk. In my opinion one of the worst changes made to Cubecraft was when forwarding messages was removed. Remember when getting 25 agrees meant the staff would respond, yeah that was nice. But sadly, it's been gone for over a year. Really, what this server needs is community input, which sadly it is missing.
Completely true.

Reactions: Dualninja

Blom

Forum Expert
Sep 12, 2018
MinerWare Town
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Also removed was Speed EggWars and Bingo.
These were all removed a long time before the Big Change 2.0 in 2022. I believe they were removed with the first Big Change, dating all the way back to 2018, but I would have to check that first. Otherwise we could put games like Barn Brawl, Hide and Seek and even Creative in that list, but that's not the case.

I would love to see bingo return though, think it would do great with a bit more abilities and cool features!

UncleSpect

Forum Expert
Oct 16, 2019
Turkey ❤️🤍
I started playing Cubecraft in 2018 and I still play it sometimes but I don't enjoy it as much as I used to because the number of players has dropped a lot and a lot of games and maps have been removed which is quite sad but cubecraft is a company and it needs to make money. I don't know why he removed these games, but if he brings them back, I think players will play them again. I hope they have the power to do this again in the future. 🌹🙏

Reactions: Dualninja

GrottiXproto

Novice Member
Feb 10, 2019
I started playing Cubecraft in 2018 and I still play it sometimes but I don't enjoy it as much as I used to because the number of players has dropped a lot and a lot of games and maps have been removed which is quite sad but cubecraft is a company and it needs to make money. I don't know why he removed these games, but if he brings them back, I think players will play them again. I hope they have the power to do this again in the future. 🌹🙏
Your opinion is great!

Reactions: UncleSpect
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

I was just looking at the member list when I discovered something. I fail to believe that I am probably the first and the only person to have "Mint" in their username (probably).
I mean- come on, it isn't that bad-
how.PNG

I wanted to promote random people to admins and demote all the old staff, but here I am.
a9o2 wrote on camulos's profile.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!😍
a9o2 wrote on ItsWilliam32's profile.
Happy birthday! 🥰
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on henlo5964's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Reesle wrote on henlo5964's profile.
Happy Birthday Henlo! 🎊
Top Bottom