Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Libfer

Jul 17, 2020
israel
hello, my name is libfer and i wanted to post a thingy on your server just for the staff to see. you can comment on this, i will try to get back to anyone whos curious or maybe can relate to what i am typing.

i remember back in 2017-2018 when i used to play this legendary server and they had all the fun games that you could pick up with your friends.
i used to play there almost every day with my friends, i even bought a rank to increase the amount of friends that i could add to my party and hell, i remember how much fun we had. we played hunger games, the elytra game, they had so much to choose from.

i logged back on since 2020, and the server looks a bit better, but thats just the looks and the builds.
they removed all of the other games.

instead of 20+ games that i remember you could browse from, there is only six left. they even removed the randomized games that would get picked every day. the only interesting things that we have left is the lucky islands, but thats the only thing thats fun with friends.

my rank is also useless now. i upgraded it from lapis, to gold, to emerald, and to obsidian. your "plus" rank is a rank that is overthrowing obsidians, and its like mvp++ in hypixel but more crappy. i spent way too much money on your server just to get some miniatures and baloons. i dont want that. i want actual perks, not just being able to vote. i want actual benefits.

i loved cubecraft because of its uniqueness, the simplicity that they produced with their games, and their improved games.
but now all thats left is games that i could play on any other servers. i can play skywars on hypixel if i wanted to. i want the old slime tag back. i want the elytra games back. i want everything unique that made this server legendary back. but they are focusing on bedrock because hypixel is just more popular. i dont know if the staff knows this, but the reason why they lose players is just because i can play every single type of their games in hypixel. why? they made them famous. thats why cubecraft expected tons of cash when they implomented these games into their server. maybe except free for all, but you get the point.

i even applied to a be a translator in here, but then my friend reminded me of how the server looks like right now. its just not worth it.

so, if any of the staff see this, please bring back, at least SOME of the old games. i know that these type of things cost money, but you should have enough money from bedrock to improve our java edition server. please make a change. re-make the old cubecraft that all of us love.

thank you
-libfer

Amazinq

Forum Expert
Jul 12, 2021
Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
I totally agree with this post. I would really love to see this server grow again and become what it was. unfortunately we can only hope and wish that the admins make the decision to work hard to achieve it, which sadly for now they don't seem to be doing

ElFlxen_

Oct 20, 2020
México
Pronouns
He/Him
I understand that the games removed in September will be back with the official release of the 1.19 update, although I totally agree that old games (especially those located within the arcade category) should return to Java and of course Bedrock , not necessarily all, since some were withdrawn due to the inactivity that they presented, but it would be nice if the Arcade category returned.

ElFlxen_

Oct 20, 2020
México
Pronouns
He/Him
I totally agree with this post. I would really love to see this server grow again and become what it was. unfortunately we can only hope and wish that the admins make the decision to work hard to achieve it, which sadly for now they don't seem to be doing
Hopefully when the 1.19 update ends some of the old mods could be resumed, as mentioned in Rubik's post, a new mode is being planned and a big update for another one, it's the perfect time to revive what for all the Minecraft community was a benchmark of quality and unlimited fun.

Cubecraft needs modalities that are not pvp, with this it would attract many other users who simply want to play something more "quiet", and different.

• Haha
Reactions: gamer8314

Amazinq

Forum Expert
Jul 12, 2021
Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
Hopefully when the 1.19 update ends some of the old mods could be resumed, as mentioned in Rubik's post, a new mode is being planned and a big update for another one, it's the perfect time to revive what for all the Minecraft community was a benchmark of quality and unlimited fun.

Cubecraft needs modalities that are not pvp, with this it would attract many other users who simply want to play something more "quiet", and different.
the big update that was supposed to relaunch the java server is done, a low effort update that took 7 months to be done and it is clear that this long wait was not worth.

If in 7 months they have done this, they have literally only eliminated gamemodes and those that have remained have changed four things randomly and without taking into account the opinion of the community, in the maps they have only added very few new ones and in the rest of maps they have literally made /replace with the worldedit with the new blocks + a lousy texture pack that does not add many things and is a copy of bedrock but worse, I highly doubt that the server situation will improve something in a near future

ElFlxen_

Oct 20, 2020
México
Pronouns
He/Him
la gran actualización que se suponía que iba a relanzar el servidor java está hecha, una actualización de bajo esfuerzo que tardó 7 meses en realizarse y está claro que esta larga espera no valió la pena.

Si en 7 meses han hecho esto, literalmente solo han eliminado modos de juego y los que han quedado han cambiado cuatro cosas aleatoriamente y sin tener en cuenta la opinión de la comunidad, en los mapas solo han añadido muy pocos nuevos y en los el resto de mapas literalmente los han hecho/reemplazado con el mundo editado con los nuevos bloques + un paquete de texturas pésimo que no agrega muchas cosas y es una copia de bedrock pero peor, dudo mucho que la situación del servidor mejore algo en un futuro cercano
There is still the possibility that the removed modes will return, it is supposed that they would return with the launch in an "official" way, remember that the update in Java is still in the open beta phase.

• Haha
Reactions: gamer8314

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him

the big update that was supposed to relaunch the java server is done, a low effort update that took 7 months to be done and it is clear that this long wait was not worth.

If in 7 months they have done this, they have literally only eliminated gamemodes and those that have remained have changed four things randomly and without taking into account the opinion of the community, in the maps they have only added very few new ones and in the rest of maps they have literally made /replace with the worldedit with the new blocks + a lousy texture pack that does not add many things and is a copy of bedrock but worse, I highly doubt that the server situation will improve something in a near future

I only came back to reply to this thread and you specifically cause I appreciate your post. :)

You are entirely correct, I'm glad another X-moderator has the guts to speak about how dysfunctional things have become. Hell, if I hadn't been under NDA I could have kept going with this, but because I respect the rules and don't want to get in trouble, I'll not mention anything that'll get me yeeted.

Anyways, current staff members can't say anything negative about these updates but I know that there are some frustrated at the state of the server and many former and present community members that aren't happy. CubeCraft has gone completely 180 from all the progress they made since 2020. You would have thought they learned their lesson with drastic changes and 0 community input after the disastrous beta egg wars update, however, they are back to their old ways of completely disregarding the community and doing whatever they want because "they know best." I mean the fact that admins continuously defend their work saying we are wrong and refuse to admit anything is wrong or disliked is pure denial and it's sad. I finally gave up on Cube after not only after all the criticism and suggestions for improvements were blocked, but after being personally told that my opinion was wrong by unnamed admins. Despite so many people asking and begging for changes and community engagement they dig their feet in the ground and refuse to listen.

They could have done so much with this update but instead, we waited for ages only to get something very poor. Had they just listened to what the community would really want, instead of changing everything for the sake of changing it, like maps, gamemodes, etc, there would be an active server and happy community. Changing every map to be themed around newer updates is very odd, some maps were fine in their current design, but throwing in random stuff just cause, isn't a good reason. If anything, it took away from classic maps and made them look weird. But then again, this is the same server where we have been told that "nostalgia is bad and we should move ahead instead." They could have implemented the backlog of suggestions or just continue being transparent and open with their vision for the future. The only two reasons I can think of why they don't is first, they don't like pushback or outside input, and second, there is no plan. I mean java has been left alone for bedrock, but even after that, they claim there is going to be more but how can we exactly know how long that will take or if the wait will be even worth it? Now that paid subscription ranks are coming soon I'm definitely not staying around for any more cash-grab stuff.

(Link to rank changes that are scary)

gamer8314

Jul 24, 2022
Last year, the player count averaged 1500 players, which is not a great number, but if you look at todays player count, it only averages a little over 800 players, which is almost less than half than what the player counts were last year! That alone tells me how badly the management screwed up this update. If anybody disagrees with me and wants to make excuses for those numbers, go for it.

https://minecraft-stats.com/server/play.cubecraftgames.net/7

gamer8314

Jul 24, 2022
There is still the possibility that the removed modes will return, it is supposed that they would return with the launch in an "official" way, remember that the update in Java is still in the open beta phase.
StorySays originally estimated the update would take around 4 months to complete, but it actually took 3 months longer for it to come out, and to add insult to injury, the management came up with "java soft launch" and "beta" as an excuse for the amount of bugs and bad game changes this update came with. 3 months after their "soft launch", java is still in "beta", which means that they aren't willing to admit the amount of bugs and garbage changes this update had, so they use "beta" as an excuse for it. I did not see a single post from an admin asking the community what they wanted for the future of java cubecraft, which resulted in the situation that java is in right now. The only reason why it's still open is due to their bedrock server, and without bedrock, java would have been shut down long ago.

gamer8314

Jul 24, 2022
One more thing I forgot to mention. Story stated: "At this time, Java needs to grow beyond 1,000 players or we will need to close it". The fact that Java doesn't even touch 1k players anymore proves even further how badly the staff team screwed up this update. We waited 7 months for this update, and all we got was garbage maps. I would say 90% of the stuff they made could have been done on 1.12, with the only difference being different kinds of blocks being used. If they brought back tower defense and minerware, and made good use of the new mechanics for those gamemodes, and listened to the community for what else they wanted to 1.19, I can guarantee that the 1.19 update would have at least 2k players, but it doesn't surprise me that they are out of touch with the community and have no idea what the community wanted for this update (Like seriously, who cares about frogs in lobbies and wardens in skywars?). Adding the warden would make a lot more sense for a gamemode like minerware or tower defense, since they aren't really pvp based gamemodes, but since they won't re-open those gamemodes anytime soon, the playercounts will continue to decline, and eventually may have to shut down due to not enough players in any gamemode

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Pro helper!:D
Conea64 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
I know I'm early but congratulations on being a colourful little fella
Xi1m wrote on camulos's profile.
happy broathdy
Basketman wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Basketman wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Top Bottom