Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Hey! I'm back with a new suggestion thread and today I'd like to hear your opinion on the things I'm going to suggest. This time, I will suggest a couple of features for linked users.
I think you all know that by using /link, you can link your MineCraft account to your forums account. But currently, you can't do a lot with this; there are only 2/3 things you could use it for.
  • Your in-game rank is displayed on the forums, so everyone can see your rank.
  • If you have Plus, you're able to enter the Plus lounge and select a special background, which is one of the 'old' lobbies, that were removed after the introduction of the Big Change.
(Feel free to correct me if you feel like I forgot something)

Only 2 things while you could do so much more with this command! And I'm here to change that. I've listed my suggestions below.

• We should be able to link our MineCraft account to our reports account. And how could this be done? As you all know, "me no dev" ~ Tacosbefriends, probably somewhere in 2018. So yeah, I'm not a developer, so I don't know a lot about it, but I'll just try to explain my idea to you. If you link MineCraft account to your forums account, your rank will be displayed, if you have plus rank you're able to join the plus lounge, etc. Those are the things you know. But what if we'd be able to link our reports account to our forums account? That would make us able to link our reports account to our MineCraft account, but with a detour! This should be added because:
    • This would mean that the reports we've made on the MineCraft server using /report could be added to the reporting website, so your green count will rise, even when you've reported someone on the Java server!
    • We would be able to see our reports made on the reporting site, in game! Wouldn't that be cool too?
    • If this would be added, we could be rewarded for making reports if the management team ever wants to introduce that. I'm not saying we should be rewarded for making reports, but it could encourage players to make reports. The rewards don't have to be that big, so no rank ups, but a personal multiplier or some vanity items could possibly be nice rewards.
  • I think it would be nice if our forums account would send an automatically generated message when you've bought a rank-up. (Yes, this would be toggleable). This could be done by linking our forums account to the store, but I think it would be easier to implement a code or whatever that would give a signal whenever you get another rank. (So you wouldn't be linked to the store, but it would be a feature on the server itself.) This could be nice if you want everyone to know that you've bought/received a new rank.
  • Wouldn't it be nice to see our/someone else's stats on the forums? I think this would require a lot time to develop, but I've seen some threads in the past suggesting this, so I think this is a must-have. It would be an easy way to look up someone's stats, so you wouldn't have to ask anyone to see someone's stats. And yes, in case you're wondering, this feature would be toggleable. If you don't want other players to see your stats, you could just disable it.
  • Our forum trophy points could have an actual meaning, by rewarding us in game for getting them! Just an example: The 'small' trophies, like 'Faceless', would give you a normal cubelet, while the 'big' trophies like 'Beloved' would give you larger rewards, like super/uber cubelets. Although we could also be rewarded by vanity items, I personally prefer cubelets. Now you might think something like 'why do you want this?'. Just in case, I've listed some reasons below.
    • The forums community is actually quite small, compared to the forums of bigger servers, like Hypixel. Currently, there are 24 members online on the CubeCraft forums, while there are 1200 members using the Hypixel forums! Oops, that's a very large difference! But don't worry just yet, I know a way to increase the amount of members using these forums! By rewarding people for collecting trophy points on the forums, you basically encourage people to join this website, which makes the user count on the forums higher. And yes, people will try to abuse this, but if the staff members keep an eye out, everything should be fine. After all, message/like farmers can be detected and banned easily.
    • Trophy points currently aren't a big addition to the forums. The only thing you could possibly use them for is showing off your cool trophies and getting on the trophy points leaderboard. But I don't think the average forum user is willing to waste endless of hours on this site to get them all (like I used to do), so we can drop one way to use it already. And showing off is not really cool or something so we can drop that one too. Conclusion: Trophy points currently have no use, and that should change. And that could be done by rewarding us for collecting them!

That's it from me now. If you have any suggestions that I could add, I'm willing to hear them!
Thank you very much for reading,
SHEEEEEEEEEEEEP_

Neptuune

Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2015
We should be able to link our MineCraft account to our reports account.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you already link the two when registering for the report site (the /registerreports links your minecraft account to the report site I believe, the way you formatted this phrase implies that your initial idea is just linking the two accounts), but I totally support the idea of linking a player's report stats to their forums account.

This would mean that the reports we've made on the MineCraft server using /report could be added to the reporting website, so your green count will rise, even when you've reported someone on the Java server!
I love the idea on tracking reports made through the /report command, honestly don't know how hard of a task it would be to implement it, but the idea in general would be a great way to keep track of a player's reports made through the /report command.

If this would be added, we could be rewarded for making reports if the management team ever wants to introduce that. I'm not saying we should be rewarded for making reports, but it could encourage players to make reports. The rewards don't have to be that big, so no rank ups, but a personal multiplier or some vanity items could possibly be nice rewards.
I like the idea of being rewarded for doing reports, but I think multipliers may be a bit too much of a reward (idk maybe I'm just being stingy lol). However, your idea of vanity items would be cool, you could unlock a special hat or trail once you hit a certain milestone. Sounds like a cool reward for dedicating time to reports.

I think it would be nice if our forums account would send an automatically generated message when you've bought a rank-up. (Yes, this would be toggleable). This could be done by linking our forums account to the store, but I think it would be easier to implement a code or whatever that would give a signal whenever you get another rank. (So you wouldn't be linked to the store, but it would be a feature on the server itself.) This could be nice if you want everyone to know that you've bought/received a new rank.
I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean by "send an automatically generated message when you've bought a rank-up". Would your followers be notified through an alert (idek if that's possible, but /shrug) or would a message be automatically posted on your forums profile? Seems like it would be annoying a waste of time either way (I'm sorry that's so blunt), maybe that's just me though.

I support the idea of our ingame stats being linked to our forum profile, would be an awesome feature to implement. :)

Maybe the smaller trophy points you get immediately could be rewarded with loot points (?), and as a player begins to collect the trophy points that require more work, then the rewards could become more worthwhile.

(These are just my personal opinions and preferences, sorry if I misinterpreted something, I'm really tired, thanks) :]

Reactions: remio

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean by "send an automatically generated message when you've bought a rank-up". Would your followers be notified through an alert (idek if that's possible, but /shrug) or would a message be automatically posted on your forums profile? Seems like it would be annoying a waste of time either way (I'm sorry that's so blunt), maybe that's just me though.
Hey, thank you very much for your positive feedback! The 'automatically generated message' would be something like a status message that announces your rank-up. I'm sorry if that part was unclear to you. But thanks for your positivity :]

Finixly

Forum Expert
Jun 17, 2018
Beverly Hills
I'd like the ideas: That the /report command will also give reports on the report site, and being abled to see someone else's stats! +1

(My english sucks, I know)

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Pronouns
He/They
Hey! I'm back with a new suggestion thread and today I'd like to hear your opinion on the things I'm going to suggest. This time, I will suggest a couple of features for linked users.
I think you all know that by using /link, you can link your MineCraft account to your forums account. But currently, you can't do a lot with this; there are only 2/3 things you could use it for.
  • Your in-game rank is displayed on the forums, so everyone can see your rank.
  • If you have Plus, you're able to enter the Plus lounge and select a special background, which is one of the 'old' lobbies, that were removed after the introduction of the Big Change.

Only 2 things while you could do so much more with this command! And I'm here to change that. I've listed my suggestions below.

• We should be able to link our MineCraft account to our reports account. And how could this be done? As you all know, "me no dev" ~ Tacosbefriends, probably somewhere in 2018. So yeah, I'm not a developer, so I don't know a lot about it, but I'll just try to explain my idea to you. If you link MineCraft account to your forums account, your rank will be displayed, if you have plus rank you're able to join the plus lounge, etc. Those are the things you know. But what if we'd be able to link our reports account to our forums account? That would make us able to link our reports account to our MineCraft account, but with a detour! This should be added because:
    • This would mean that the reports we've made on the MineCraft server using /report could be added to the reporting website, so your green count will rise, even when you've reported someone on the Java server!
    • We would be able to see our reports made on the reporting site, in game! Wouldn't that be cool too?
    • If this would be added, we could be rewarded for making reports if the management team ever wants to introduce that. I'm not saying we should be rewarded for making reports, but it could encourage players to make reports. The rewards don't have to be that big, so no rank ups, but a personal multiplier or some vanity items could possibly be nice rewards.
  • I think it would be nice if our forums account would send an automatically generated message when you've bought a rank-up. (Yes, this would be toggleable). This could be done by linking our forums account to the store, but I think it would be easier to implement a code or whatever that would give a signal whenever you get another rank. (So you wouldn't be linked to the store, but it would be a feature on the server itself.) This could be nice if you want everyone to know that you've bought/received a new rank.
  • Wouldn't it be nice to see our/someone else's stats on the forums? I think this would require a lot time to develop, but I've seen some threads in the past suggesting this, so I think this is a must-have. It would be an easy way to look up someone's stats, so you wouldn't have to ask anyone to see someone's stats. And yes, in case you're wondering, this feature would be toggleable. If you don't want other players to see your stats, you could just disable it.
  • Our forum trophy points could have an actual meaning, by rewarding us in game for getting them! Just an example: The 'small' trophies, like 'Faceless', would give you a normal cubelet, while the 'big' trophies like 'Beloved' would give you larger rewards, like super/uber cubelets. Although we could also be rewarded by vanity items, I personally prefer cubelets. Now you might think something like 'why do you want this?'. Just in case, I've listed some reasons below.
    • The forums community is actually quite small, compared to the forums of bigger servers, like Hypixel. Currently, there are 24 members online on the CubeCraft forums, while there are 1200 members using the Hypixel forums! Oops, that's a very large difference! But don't worry just yet, I know a way to increase the amount of members using these forums! By rewarding people for collecting trophy points on the forums, you basically encourage people to join this website, which makes the user count on the forums higher. And yes, people will try to abuse this, but if the staff members keep an eye out, everything should be fine. After all, message/like farmers can be detected and banned easily.
    • Trophy points currently aren't a big addition to the forums. The only thing you could possibly use them for is showing off your cool trophies and getting on the trophy points leaderboard. But I don't think the average forum user is willing to waste endless of hours on this site to get them all (like I used to do), so we can drop one way to use it already. And showing off is not really cool or something so we can drop that one too. Conclusion: Trophy points currently have no use, and that should change. And that could be done by rewarding us for collecting them!

That's it from me now. If you have any suggestions that I could add, I'm willing to hear them!
Thank you very much for reading,
SHEEEEEEEEEEEEP_
I’m definitely a fan of being able to check your and other’s stats in the forums. It would definitely be a fun addition. Though I don’t think it is necessary to make this toggeable, some could say this is an “invasion of privacy” but honestly how private is the amount of Skywars games you’ve won?

You suggested cubelet rewards for trophy points, and while I think this would definitely motivate players, perhaps specific vanity items for these achievements is a better alternative. For example, “Faceless” can definitely only give a cubelet reward because it’s not really that important. But other more advanced achievements should give you vanity items. Simply because, many people, including myself, have gotten to the point where 4/5 cubelets they open, are duplicates. And that’s just underwhelming.

But I like all your ideas!!! +1

RickDeKlomp

Forum Expert
Jun 11, 2017
The Netherlands
Hey! I'm back with a new suggestion thread and today I'd like to hear your opinion on the things
I don't think you forgot something.
  • We should be able to link our MineCraft account to our reports account.
Yeah, Maybe they could also color your forum name to how many reports you have. 100 reports is a green name, 200 reports a blue name etc.

Dont really see the use of this tbh, and not sure how this is supposted to work?
Yes. Not enough people reports imo. There is not really something you get for reporting (other than having one rulebreaker less). Maybe a cubelet every 25 reports?
A message as in a profile post? Or a message that only you can see?
Yeah, this is cool. But on the forums, I don't know. Maybe it should be like a ingame command. Like /stats RickDeKlomp. Or a Discord command channel (!stats @RickDeKlomp ).
Yes. The trophie points have no use. I don't even know why they still exist. Cubelets should be a good little reward.

I added some stuff :)

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
I added some stuff :)
A message as in a profile post? Or a message that only you can see?
"This could be nice if you want everyone to know that you've bought/received a new rank."
Also,
The 'automatically generated message' would be something like a status message that announces your rank-up.

Yeah, this is cool. But on the forums, I don't know. Maybe it should be like a ingame command. Like /stats RickDeKlomp. Or a Discord command channel (!stats @RickDeKlomp ).
Could be nice, but I want it on the forums first. But I think it should be added to the Java server, too!

Thanks for your suggestions, rick!

Reactions: RickDeKlomp
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on BicolourSine41's profile.
Thanks for the follow! ❤️
Thjis wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy Bday!
Basketman wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow!
Thunder wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday!
Halloween Zoomed.png

I miss spooky season :(
Top Bottom