Votes: 5 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Skqrrt

Aug 13, 2020
Netherlands
Hi cubecrafters,
I have a problem with Tower Defence at the moment. Most of the time when I’m in a game there is someone who doesn’t know how to play the game so this means he will place the towers wrong. U also got the trollers who try to lose the game they also place the towers wrong on purpose. This happens to me a lot. I think it is 2/3 games. You can record and report them if they place to many towers wrong and they will get warned. I got some ideas that maybe will help to avoid misplacing or trollers

My first idea is to make an auto message before the game starts so people are informed about the consequences of misplacing towers. This will help to make the game more playable. Because at the moment you lose because someone placed a lot of towers wrong. The message could be something like “Placing towers wrong is against the rules it can get u punished”.

The second option/idea is to place borders so you can’t place a tower wrong. You have to place it in the right square otherwise you can’t place it. This will make sure they can’t place the towers wrong. In this case they will know where to place the towers if they are new to the game.

The last idea/option is something I think can be helpful but I’m not sure about it u can make a tutorial how to play Tower Defence but I don’t know if everyone will watch the tutorial so they will understand the game.

Hope u guys have some more suggestions and let me know what u think about the ideas (:

MeliodasWrath

Aug 27, 2019
the UK *sips tea*
This has been suggested so many times before, I have, other people have, but no admins ever see it :c
Completely agree though, except with the first one, if they are new, or young or don't speak the same language I don't think it should be punishable just because they don't know how to play.

Skqrrt

Aug 13, 2020
Netherlands
This has been suggested so many times before, I have, other people have, but no admins ever see it :c
Completely agree though, except with the first one, if they are new, or young or don't speak the same language I don't think it should be punishable just because they don't know how to play.
At the moment if people place 2-3 towers wrong and someone record them he will get warned and maybe if he does it again he will get banned so those punishments are already here. But the thing is maybe most of the people will read the auto message and will be aware of the consequences

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
i like the first and third idea, but the second one will ruin some people their tactic and its the only reason why i dislike it. the problem with tower defence for noobs is the lack of information. sure, there's the forum, but barely any person uses it except the more "experienced" people. i hear the same thing a lot when asking to remove misplaced towers.
"sorry, this is my first time playing and dont understand the game yet." can i blame them? not at all! i feel like a simple tutorial would change the game a lot, and maybe a way to find the rules for TD. (even tho there are still discussions going on when something is or isnt against the rules. this should really be worked out by staff).
the toturial doesnt need a big explanation about tactics, just:
- how to send mobs and build
- how to earn coins and get more over time
- upgrading towers and why its important to upgrade, since level 1 towers really ruin it for the people who cant upgrade it.
- explain immunity of different mobs. people use inferno on magma or blazes. fire on fire, thats not gonna work at all.

Reactions: Skqrrt

Skqrrt

Aug 13, 2020
Netherlands
i like the first and third idea, but the second one will ruin some people their tactic and its the only reason why i dislike it. the problem with tower defence for noobs is the lack of information. sure, there's the forum, but barely any person uses it except the more "experienced" people. i hear the same thing a lot when asking to remove misplaced towers.
"sorry, this is my first time playing and dont understand the game yet." can i blame them? not at all! i feel like a simple tutorial would change the game a lot, and maybe a way to find the rules for TD. (even tho there are still discussions going on when something is or isnt against the rules. this should really be worked out by staff).
the toturial doesnt need a big explanation about tactics, just:
- how to send mobs and build
- how to earn coins and get more over time
- upgrading towers and why its important to upgrade, since level 1 towers really ruin it for the people who cant upgrade it.
- explain immunity of different mobs. people use inferno on magma or blazes. fire on fire, thats not gonna work at all.
Yes I will try to inform more about the tutorial maybe for the players who will play the game for the first time they have to watch the tutorial and about the vote for towers as you said it will get abused a lot so I don’t think this will be something that can be featured

Reactions: InkAsriel

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
Shouldn't this be in Feedback & Suggestions? 🤔
Also, could you add a poll so people can vote?

I really like your idea's! I've seen many threads like this, but some of your idea's I've never seen before. I hope this catches attention from a staff member because Tower Defense really needs this to change!

Skqrrt

Aug 13, 2020
Netherlands
Shouldn't this be in Feedback & Suggestions? 🤔
Also, could you add a poll so people can vote?

I really like your idea's! I've seen many threads like these, but some of your idea's I've never seen before. I hope this catches attention from a staff member because Tower Defense really needs this to change!
I made a poll 😁 also I can’t place it in suggestions and feedback anymore hopefully they will see it. Thanks for the feedback😁

Ferrcho

Jun 24, 2019
Spain
The truth is that what I said seemed to me a very good idea, since there are many people who are dedicated to trolling and annoying their teammates. But I do not agree with another part, because there are also many players who do not know how to play this, that is to say that they are new. And just because they are new and do not know how to play, they should not be banned.

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
The truth is that what I said seemed to me a very good idea, since there are many people who are dedicated to trolling and annoying their teammates. But I do not agree with another part, because there are also many players who do not know how to play this, that is to say that they are new. And just because they are new and do not know how to play, they should not be banned.
Currently you need to ask them to remove the towers first. Only if they don't listen to you, you can report them. Also they will only get warned first so if they're innocent and new to the game they won't get banned out of nowhere.

Reactions: Ferrcho

Ferrcho

Jun 24, 2019
Spain
Currently you need to ask them to remove the towers first. Only if they don't listen to you, you can report them. Also they will only get warned first so if they're innocent and new to the game they won't get banned out of nowhere.
Of course that's how you say.
I totally agree with you.

Reactions: Maaarijn

Skqrrt

Aug 13, 2020
Netherlands
There are quite a lot players who don’t know how to game works so if they are allowed story do that almost every game I will play get ruined. So that’s why I suggested a tutorial or something like a auto message

Reactions: Maaarijn

Ferrcho

Jun 24, 2019
Spain
There are quite a lot players who don’t know how to game works so if they are allowed story do that almost every game I will play get ruined. So that’s why I suggested a tutorial or something like a auto message
Of course this would be a very good idea, because as I said before there are many new players who don't know how to play this mode. But to make some mechanism for people who misplace towers or something that breaks the rules, would be very complicated.

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
You have to place it in the right square otherwise you can’t place it. This will make sure they can’t place the towers wrong. In this case they will know where to place the towers if they are new to the game.
On maps that have few 5x5 spots sometimes it’s necessary to misplace a tower. Otherwise I love the rest of the of your ideas, hopefully Cubecraft can fix this issue!

Skqrrt

Aug 13, 2020
Netherlands
On maps that have few 5x5 spots sometimes it’s necessary to misplace a tower. Otherwise I love the rest of the of your ideas, hopefully Cubecraft can fix this issue!
Yeah I would suggest that it will only be for 2x2 squares but I think idea 2 with the borders was the least favourite one of everyone because you have to make exceptions

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

bye bye jujutsu kaisen hello one punch man
Eli
Alright, I have all the data for the forum statistics and curiosities thread, it took me multiple days to get it! The current program I'm using has a processing time of almost 23 hours! Had to use two computers to cut it down to 11.5 hours haha

1714578753386.png
Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
I go meow
Its was a long time didn't post here
But i reach to day a special nember of
1000048598.png
msg in the forums 888
Top Bottom