Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

KitsuneToru

Jul 14, 2020
This is a repost of my suggestion here: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/minerware-spawn-protection.272062/

The Minerware get most kills microgame is a boss game where players choose a kit and try and fight to get the most kills in the given time.
When players die, they respawn in the middle.
However, when players respawn, they spawn a few blocks up and float for a second. This enables people to deal 1-2 crits before they even have a chance to do anything.
The same happens on the slap the cactus game. Players spawn a few blocks up, and they can get hit before even touching the ground.
And again, the same in the paintball microgame. Players can get killed in less than a second, before even the map loads properly.

To counter this, I suggest adding in a 2-3 spawn protection for all microgames that have any element of combat, so that all players actually have a proper chance. Something even shorter might work, as long as it prevents the issue of getting hit etc before the game starts.

Tell me your thoughts below.

Livvv

Pineapplerator - Daily Quotes
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
This would actually be a good solution as this happens quite often. I think the game overall would be more fun and enjoyable, as well as new players being able to actually understand the game and what is happening.

Have seen it too many times where people don’t even understand the microgame due to instantly dying because of this. So a big +1 from me!

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
Heya! Thanks for the suggestion!

Currently, in Minerware, deathmatch no longer exists as a boss-game. This was with the new Minerware update as the game was severely unbalanced, and as you've mentioned, it lacked a lot of features that would have made it fun, but instead was ruined by people spawn-camping people on lower-end PCs as they would get down to half health before even spawning back in. If deathmatch were to be added back into Minerware, this would be something that we would consider.

As for the rest of the microgames, it's been brought up a few times so I can see if we could get this added, perhaps for the next Minerware update. Marking this thread as planned. Thanks again!

Gemmmmie

Forum Veteran
Dec 31, 2017
The Butterfly Gardens
Hiya!

This has now been implemented throughout the Network! You may notice on specific contact Microgames that there is a slight cooldown before PVP can begin, it'll be 1 second on Java and 1.5 seconds for Bedrock.

Let me know if there are any issues and once again thank you for the suggestion! (:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congrats 🎉
Thunder wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!!
Thunder wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations!!
Thunder wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Welcome back!!
privqted wrote on Muhh's profile.
hi man. i noticed this issue on ur account. please get this correct asAP.
1713550463208.png
Top Bottom