Axyy

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2016
Gone
www.cubecraft.net
emAw2XS.png

By Axyy

Hello everyone,

A few weeks ago I made a suggestion about a potential new HARD mode for MinerWare. The suggestion received a lot of upvotes and only a few downvotes. The thread gained over 900 views and a lot of people seemed interested!
Click HERE for the old thread!

Thanks to @Story for giving me good feedback about how I could improve my suggestion. This included having more examples of new potential games and completely revamp the suggestion itself.

Here, I am giving the suggestion another shot!

The suggestion still remains the same! I am suggesting to add a new HARD mode for MinerWare. This means the current HARD mode will replace the current NORMAL mode while the current NORMAL mode will be the new EASY mode. This may sound a bit complicated so I want to explain it a little better!

Current System!
Normal
Mode
Hard Mode

New System!
Easy
Mode [Old Normal Mode]
Normal Mode [Old Hard Mode]
Hard Mode [New Mode]

If no one votes, the game will still be on the EASY mode since a lot of young children are playing MinerWare and already experience difficulties when playing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reasons for me suggesting this:
  • I don’t want to call myself an experienced MinerWare player but I do almost win every game. I know having a new HARD mode doesn’t change the end result of a game but it certainly does make the game harder and provides more fun and difficulties for experienced players.
  • It’s kinda weird we don’t have an EASY, NORMAL, and HARD mode, we do already have a NORMAL and a HARD mode but where is EASY? Having a new mode brings even more players to MinerWare, especially after the big MinerWare update.
  • People with less money get bored of playing the same easy games over and over again. Especially on Bedrock where there currently isn't even an option between NORMAL and HARD.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Voting:

Currently, only Emerald and Obsidian players are able to vote. In my opinion, this is too high. I understand that Emerald and Obsidian rankers will not agree with this since it will only make the ranks less valuable. Anyways, in my opinion, it definitely should be lowered to Diamond rank and I have a valid reason why.

Not many Emerald and Obsidian rankers play MinerWare, I almost never come across one. I have to say, after the latest update, I see more of them but still not a lot. Giving Diamond rankers the ability to vote brings more variety into the game, people with not a lot of money get bored fast in MinerWare since it’s the same games over and over again. In SkyWars, for example, these players who can not vote don’t get bored as fast since every game is different. And yet, Diamond rankers are able to vote in Cube’s biggest games. Why not on MinerWare? It can help the game to stay more relevant for people who get bored of playing the same games over and over again.

How would the voting menu look like?

KeRf08T.png
wKhO4za.png
DPpT9hC.png
q6fVcS4.png

New potential HARD games:

So I came up with a few ideas for new games that could be implemented into a potential new HARD mode. Every example includes a detailed description and even a YouTube video.

NOTE: These are just examples of how new games could look like.

MINIGAMES

Tower Climb:
Tower Climb still has the same concept with a few changes.

• [*]Tower height increased to 15 blocks.

[*]Ladders are now only on 2 sides of the tower.

[*]You spawn with a knockback II stick.

[*]The length of the minigame is 20 seconds.

Mine Ore:
Mine Ore still has the same concept with a few changes.

• [*]Ores have been decreased.

[*]TNT has been increased.

[*]There are now holes beneath the top layer.

[*]The length of the game is 10 seconds.

Swim to the platform:
Swim to the platform still has the same concept with a few changes.

• [*]The platform now only has 4 blocks.

[*]You spawn with a knockback II stick.

[*]The length of the game is 15 seconds.

Wait for it…
TAKE DAMAGE!

• [*]You will spawn with 10 oak planks.

[*]The length of the game is 5 seconds.

Build an iron sword:
This is based on build a crafting table with a few additions.

• [*]You spawn with 1 sapling, 32 bone meal, 2 iron ingots, 2 sticks, 1 iron axe.

[*]The floor is mixed grass with other blocks to make it harder to grow trees.

[*]The length of the game is 20 seconds.

Knock everyone off:
Knock everyone off still has the same concept with a few changes.

• [*]You spawn with already red armor and a slimeball.

[*]The length of the game is 15 seconds.

Ignite TNT and survive:
This is based on Ignite TNT with a few additions.

• [*]There are 6 TNTs.

[*]You only have 5 hearts.

[*]TNT damage to players is turned on.

Stand On:
Stand On still has the same concept with a few changes.

• [*]The color you have to stand on has been massively reduced.

[*]You spawn with a knockback 10 stick.

Pick the flower:
Pick the flower still has the same concept with a few changes.

• [*]The flower you have to pick has been reduced and there are only 5 of them.

[*]The ground is mixed grass with other blocks.

[*]Teleporting has been removed.

Parkour to eat cake:
Parkour to eat cake still has the same concept with a few changes.

• [*]Parkour has been made harder with only 4 block jumps.

[*]There are 4 cakes.

Hide under a block
Hide under a block still has the same concept with a few changes.

• [*]There only are 2 hiding spots.

[*]Hiding spots only include 1 block.

[*]You spawn with knockback II stick.

Follow the platforms
Follow the platforms still has the same concept with a few changes.

• [*]Platforms now go up and down.

[*]4 block jumps have been added in.

[*]The length of the game is 20 seconds.

BOSSGAMES

Spleef:
Spleef still has the same concept with a few changes.

• [*]Spleef has 2 layers with 8 (air) blocks in between them.

[*]The length of this boss game is 1 minute and 30 seconds.

Bow Spleef:
Bow Spleef still has the same concept with a few changes.

• [*]Bow Spleef has 2 layers with 8 (air) blocks in between them.

TNT Run:
TNT Run still has the same concept with a few changes.

• [*]TNT RUn has 2 layers with 8 (air) blocks in between them.

Elytra Course:

• [*]Holes 1 to 40 are small.

[*]Holes 41 to 50 are very small.

[*]A total of 50 holes.

[*]The length of this boss game is 2 minutes.

Bedrock

I suggest to only add the current NORMAL and HARD system to the Bedrock servers since there are people on devices which are harder to play on. Bedrock doesn’t even have an option to vote at this moment and it really should be added.

This could work with a new MinerWare rank in the Minecraft Marketplace with new prefixes such as [MinerWare Master].

Bedrock really needs the update as well, there are also experienced MinerWare players on Bedrock which are bored of playing the same easy games over and over again.

At last...

Yes, this took me a while. Probably the longest time I have ever spent on a thread or suggestion in general. I really appreciate feedback and I definitely would love to see a new HARD mode being implemented into MinerWare.

Please vote above, whether you want this to be added or not. :)

Thanks for your time!

Axyy.

Last edited:

RickDeKlomp

Forum Expert
Jun 11, 2017
The Netherlands
I really appreciate all your effort in this suggestion, but I feel like the current Hard mode is really hard already. Why would you call it normal when its hard? Ofcourse its easier than the hard mode but its still hard (like really hard). I understand that the current hard mode might be easy or normal for you (as an experienced minerware player), but for me as a noob the normal mode is hard. Also your hard mode should be called impossible mode IMO because it looks impossible xd. You will eventually master this Hard mode too and it will be just as hard as the current hard mode is for you. Would you like to add an impossible mode when that happens? I don't think adding new modes is the right move.

Axyy

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2016
Gone
www.cubecraft.net
I really appreciate all your effort in this suggestion, but I feel like the current Hard mode is really hard already. Why would you call it normal when its hard? Ofcourse its easier than the hard mode but its still hard (like really hard). I understand that the current hard mode might be easy or normal for you (as an experienced minerware player), but for me as a noob the normal mode is hard. Also your hard mode should be called impossible mode IMO because it looks impossible xd.

Hi,

These are just examples, they can be made easier by adding more time to the game length for example. I also stated in my thread that if no one votes, the game will still be on Easy mode, which is the current Normal mode. I did this since a lot of young children play the game. I do get your point, but actually it will still be the same since if no one votes it will still be started on easy mode.

Also, I called the current hard mode, normal since I don't think it is as hard as you actually telling right here, It surely is harder than the current normal but I still see a lot of players getting to 10 points which is really good. Oh ya, and also I really don't know how it should be called besides normal. Easy -> Normal -> Hard. In my eyes it's not too hard to call it normal. But yes, that's just my opinion others might find it a bit more difficult than me. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: RickDeKlomp

Axyy

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2016
Gone
www.cubecraft.net
You will eventually master this Hard mode too and it will be just as hard as the current hard mode is for you. Would you like to add an impossible mode when that happens? I don't think adding new modes is the right move.

Well, that kinda happens to every update on every game to be honest. Eventually, when you do a game update it will get bored after a long time. But that's where updates are made for, to keep the game alive. My intention is not to add a fourth mode after the fun of the new hard mode runs out. I think having a third mode brings more variety and more levels of difficulty in the game. Having a fourth impossible mode would only make the game messy.

Sorry, forgot to add this. :p

Last edited:
Reactions: RickDeKlomp

TheFogBro

Novice Member
Mar 1, 2017
I 100% dig this. It always felt weird that a proper normal mode was never inserted despite there being a hard mode. Hard mode for me is pretty easy nowadays too.

I really love all of your suggestions too. The changes in the microgames you've came up with are highly encouraging. Something new, something unexpected, and just overall an update that MinerWare's been needing for a while is all here.

I particularly like the idea of the platforms in Stepping Stones taking a twist by going upwards in your hard mode.

I don't know how often staff members view suggestions like these, but I do think it's worth having a look at this.

Axyy

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2016
Gone
www.cubecraft.net
I 100% dig this. It always felt weird that a proper normal mode was never inserted despite there being a hard mode. Hard mode for me is pretty easy nowadays too.

I really love all of your suggestions too. The changes in the microgames you've came up with are highly encouraging. Something new, something unexpected, and just overall an update that MinerWare's been needing for a while is all here.

I particularly like the idea of the platforms in Stepping Stones taking a twist by going upwards in your hard mode.

I don't know how often staff members view suggestions like these, but I do think it's worth having a look at this.

Thanks, a lot!

I'm sure staff members will be taking a look at my thread as the time goes on, I'm really glad you liked it. :)

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
emAw2XS.png

By Axyy

Hello everyone,

A few weeks ago I made a suggestion about a potential new HARD mode for MinerWare. The suggestion received a lot of upvotes and only a few downvotes. The thread gained over 900 views and a lot of people seemed interested!

Thanks to @Story for giving me good feedback about how I could improve my suggestion. This included having more examples of new potential games and completely revamp the suggestion itself.

The suggestion still remains the same! I am suggesting to add a new HARD mode for MinerWare. This means the current HARD mode will replace the current NORMAL mode while the current NORMAL mode will be the new EASY mode. This may sound a bit complicated so I want to explain it a little better!

Current System!
Normal
Mode
Hard Mode

New System!
Easy
Mode [Old Normal Mode]
Hard Mode [New Mode]

If no one votes, the game will still be on the EASY mode since a lot of young children are playing MinerWare and already experience difficulties when playing.

• I don’t want to call myself an experienced MinerWare player but I do almost win every game. I know having a new HARD mode doesn’t change the end result of a game but it certainly does make the game harder and provides more fun and difficulties for experienced players.
  • It’s kinda weird we don’t have an EASY, NORMAL, and HARD mode, we do already have a NORMAL and a HARD mode but where is EASY? Having a new mode brings even more players to MinerWare, especially after the big MinerWare update.
  • People with less money get bored of playing the same easy games over and over again. Especially on Bedrock where there currently isn't even an option between NORMAL and HARD.

Voting:

Currently, only Emerald and Obsidian players are able to vote. In my opinion, this is too high. I understand that Emerald and Obsidian rankers will not agree with this since it will only make the ranks less valuable. Anyways, in my opinion, it definitely should be lowered to Diamond rank and I have a valid reason why.

Not many Emerald and Obsidian rankers play MinerWare, I almost never come across one. I have to say, after the latest update, I see more of them but still not a lot. Giving Diamond rankers the ability to vote brings more variety into the game, people with not a lot of money get bored fast in MinerWare since it’s the same games over and over again. In SkyWars, for example, these players who can not vote don’t get bored as fast since every game is different. And yet, Diamond rankers are able to vote in Cube’s biggest games. Why not on MinerWare? It can help the game to stay more relevant for people who get bored of playing the same games over and over again.

KeRf08T.png
wKhO4za.png
DPpT9hC.png
q6fVcS4.png

So I came up with a few ideas for new games that could be implemented into a potential new HARD mode. Every example includes a detailed description and even a YouTube video.

MINIGAMES

Tower Climb:

Mine Ore:

Swim to the platform:

Wait for it…
TAKE DAMAGE!

Build an iron sword:

Knock everyone off:

Ignite TNT and survive:

Stand On:

Pick the flower:

Parkour to eat cake:

Hide under a block

Follow the platforms

BOSSGAMES

Spleef:

Bow Spleef:

TNT Run:

Elytra Course:

Bedrock

I suggest to only add the current NORMAL and HARD system to the Bedrock servers since there are people on devices which are harder to play on. Bedrock doesn’t even have an option to vote at this moment and it really should be added.

This could work with a new MinerWare rank in the Minecraft Marketplace with new prefixes such as [MinerWare Master].

Bedrock really needs the update as well, there are also experienced MinerWare players on Bedrock which are bored of playing the same easy games over and over again.

At last...

Yes, this took me a while. Probably the longest time I have ever spent on a thread or suggestion in general. I really appreciate feedback and I definitely would love to see a new HARD mode being implemented into MinerWare.

Thanks for your time!

Axyy.
This is honestly so amazing, someone escalate this already! I like every single thing you suggested, and while I don’t think it should be implemented any time soon since MinerWare was updated not so long ago. This post should definitely inspire the next update. Definitely a challenge for those players that can get through hard mode easily.

TheFogBro

Novice Member
Mar 1, 2017
This is honestly so amazing, someone escalate this already! I like every single thing you suggested, and while I don’t think it should be implemented any time soon since MinerWare was updated not so long ago. This post should definitely inspire the next update. Definitely a challenge for those players that can get through hard mode easily.

How long do you think is a reasonable time for us to wait for the next update? I'd love for MinerWare to receive slightly more regular updates than it's received currently.

Reactions: Axyy

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
I love your idea! Hard mode is somewhat difficult already, but this would really increase the challenge.

its_Marto03

Nov 13, 2017
Dog's Land
I don't know how to reply to this suggestion cause it's perfect, you put examples of everything... and I think that I will vote for easy all the time because I'm really bad hahahahah
I hope this will be escalated or implemented because I think that is a very good idea!
Good post!!!! Keep it going Axy <3

Krqpton

Apr 7, 2020
United States
emAw2XS.png

By Axyy

Hello everyone,

Current System!
Normal
Mode
Hard Mode

New System!
Easy
Mode [Old Normal Mode]
Hard Mode [New Mode]

Voting:

KeRf08T.png
wKhO4za.png
DPpT9hC.png
q6fVcS4.png

MINIGAMES

Tower Climb:

Mine Ore:

Swim to the platform:

Wait for it…
TAKE DAMAGE!

Build an iron sword:

Knock everyone off:

Ignite TNT and survive:

Stand On:

Pick the flower:

Parkour to eat cake:

Hide under a block

Follow the platforms

BOSSGAMES

Spleef:

Bow Spleef:

TNT Run:

Elytra Course:

Bedrock

At last...

Thanks for your time!

Axyy.
I do think some games are hard. I believe only some games should be changed. Other than that great idea man.

Axyy

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2016
Gone
www.cubecraft.net
I do think some games are hard. I believe only some games should be changed. Other than that great idea man.
Is that why you voted for no? :p

The games I suggested are just some examples, it's about the suggestion itself. In a new hard mode, there will only be new/updates games which already exist. All of the current games will still be playable but just as Easy and Normal mode.

Krqpton

Apr 7, 2020
United States
Is that why you voted for no? :p

The games I suggested are just some examples, it's about the suggestion itself. In a new hard mode, there will only be new/updates games which already exist. All of the current games will still be playable but just as Easy and Normal mode.
Yes I miss understand you. I will vote yes

Wqsknijper

Dedicated Member
Hey, I think it's really appreciated how much time you took to make this suggestion. I really like the idea's and I would like some of the games to be implemented. For example: Follow the platform would be really cool as 'new hard mode' game mode. I personally think normal should be a water bucket and easy should be milk because milk sounds more 'easy' to me.

Best regards, Wqsknijper.

Reactions: Krqpton and Axyy
Top Bottom