Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Terrarialover11

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2014
Crazy Land (I GOT THE COOKIES :D)
So I was pretty bored a while ago and then I started to build, and buid and build. So I made a map, don't really know what it's good for but whatevs :P Please give me some constructive criticism and I will try to make it better. Enjoy :P
I realize that this build has a ton of open space so I added a little bit to it
Slightly Updated Version:
http://imgur.com/u9CWZP6,HBkWIOh,RXd6z0E,oXReFq2,h3CxHdm,BMcFyHc#0

Trickmaster

Dedicated Member
May 23, 2014
Potato Heaven
Hey, I was kind of worried about how the organics turned out, could you tell me how they look? (Bird, giant squid, and mammoths)
I can't see it ingame, but the mammoths look good, but I couldn't tell it was a squid (maybe make the body not just the tentacles) and the bird looked like the torso tapered off a bit much when I first saw it

Reactions: Terrarialover11

Efcluke94

👀
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
🎨 Designer
Oct 20, 2013
Yah... I did say I would give you advice a while ago, I finally haz time!

Big constructive criticism essay incoming...
The first thing I noticed was the flat ground on the build, which trick pointed out. It's really uninteresting, especially with snow you can do lots of various levels. Maybe include some icicles sticking out of the ground for filler content too. The road is completely made of packed ice, using one block to represent a road is very simple, try making curly patterns imprinted into the road, some kind of pattern with a bigger block palette. Judging from the video all the houses are the same, try making each individual and this is very important. Never forget about detailing the roof. Roof's can make or break a build in my opinion. This video should help you a lot, its a little outdated but still useful:

The bird is very out of place, not sure if you wanted it to be the centre piece, as the most impressive part of the build. However centre pieces have to be very huge and full of creativity or detail. Try moving the bird to the cliffs. Take the frozen lake a couple more levels down, it merges with the flat terrain. The mountains are well designed, and look good. However having everything snow and packed ice, everything clashes. Personally I think you should have a stone palette underneath the snow for the mountains. The mammoths look really cool. The snowflakes are well made too, it would be nicer to have different designs though. Never restrict yourself to one design, always go the extra mile and make designs for everything. The ice palace thingy, structurally looks good from the picture, just needs detail and more of a block palette, making everything out of packed ice and snow block really makes everything similar and plain. Always try and make a nice blend and have a huge block palette of blocks that always go well together.

Hope you learn from some of the points and this will help you make a pretty awesome build. So yah hope this helps

Reactions: Terrarialover11

Terrarialover11

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2014
Crazy Land (I GOT THE COOKIES :D)
Yah... I did say I would give you advice a while ago, I finally haz time!

Big constructive criticism essay incoming...
The first thing I noticed was the flat ground on the build, which trick pointed out. It's really uninteresting, especially with snow you can do lots of various levels. Maybe include some icicles sticking out of the ground for filler content too. The road is completely made of packed ice, using one block to represent a road is very simple, try making curly patterns imprinted into the road, some kind of pattern with a bigger block palette. Judging from the video all the houses are the same, try making each individual and this is very important. Never forget about detailing the roof. Roof's can make or break a build in my opinion. This video should help you a lot, its a little outdated but still useful:

The bird is very out of place, not sure if you wanted it to be the centre piece, as the most impressive part of the build. However centre pieces have to be very huge and full of creativity or detail. Try moving the bird to the cliffs. Take the frozen lake a couple more levels down, it merges with the flat terrain. The mountains are well designed, and look good. However having everything snow and packed ice, everything clashes. Personally I think you should have a stone palette underneath the snow for the mountains. The mammoths look really cool. The snowflakes are well made too, it would be nicer to have different designs though. Never restrict yourself to one design, always go the extra mile and make designs for everything. The ice palace thingy, structurally looks good from the picture, just needs detail and more of a block palette, making everything out of packed ice and snow block really makes everything similar and plain. Always try and make a nice blend and have a huge block palette of blocks that always go well together.

Hope you learn from some of the points and this will help you make a pretty awesome build. So yah hope this helps
I started working on it a few days ago and so far have made the interiors of each house different (still need to work on making the exteriors different though), I have started to work on varying the heights of the builds, and so far have raised the castle. I also started adding trees and icicles as filler too. I will try to add all the things you mention and wont stop until it looks great. Also, to make the bird stand out more do you think I should add some type of ice design to behind it? Btw thanks for responding, I didn't really notice of a lot of the things you mentioned so thanks c:

Efcluke94

👀
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
🎨 Designer
Oct 20, 2013
Also, to make the bird stand out more do you think I should add some type of ice design to behind it?
Honestly I suck so much at making birds, I really wouldn't know what to do, to make it better, but yah good luck! :P

Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on Eli's profile.
oh noes
happy late birthday eli!!!!
Xi1m wrote on eddytheeagle88's profile.
if youre a partner on the discord server, shouldnt you also be partner on here?
Malek_kh wrote on xEefster's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🌹
Malek_kh wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy Birthday! :heart:
Tripleee wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Top Bottom