Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Your whole post is circumstancial.
Not every game is gonna go the same way and not everyone makes the same decisions you did.
If you run into a mid camper, there's no doubt about it that you'll have to face them in full iron as soon as you get to mid. The most YOU are able to get is full chain with an iron sword, against their diamond gear. Let's also not forget that they can get a power bow and spam that to their hearts' content.

Usually, I never get my egg lost in a game of team. And I don't even cover it with sandstone. This is because I rush the island to my left / right, in hope that they're already building to mid. That way I have one less team to worry about AND a bridge to mid! But let's be honest, things don't always go perfectly.
In almost every game of team, you'll see that one team that never even went to mid & is gearing up with chain armor 'n stuff. They make it much easier for the mid campers to do their job, as it's one less team to worry about.
Imagine this: In the beginning you get to mid, but you and your team are up against another team. Your team is wiped out, and they run halfway across the bridge to break it from there. The others stay at mid to get enough for a bow, run back to base and buy one. Now you're stuck at your island, half a bridge to mid, and people with a bow camping the middle. What do you do? The other islands are in the same situation, because they wanted to gear up before coming to mid. And if you bring up "Well I would've gone for their base!", it won't work. They're good enough to take out you and your team, so that is definitely not an option.

Reactions: Qin Shihuangdi

TheSweetSuitMan

May 31, 2017
Roosendaal, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
Well, to use a quote ''hunt or be hunted''. YOU need to mid camp. Keep in mind that you should never keep mid camping for hours upon hours. Just get what you need, let someone of your team stay mid to take on anyone trying anything. Group up in the middle and destroy other teams from there.
EDIT:
After reading most of the threat I can give you a little more advise. The problem with rushing that you are not geared up. The moment your are in the middle you have zero control over anything yet, because you don't have gear. In smaller maps people can go to the rushers island via their island and destroy the rushers than have no place to go, their island is taken and no other island is available. Easy kill. Bigger maps are a bit harder and require teamwork. One of the guys should build middle without having any loot and the other x amount of players should gear up to fight of the other team once you reach middle. Kill them (they have no loot) and keep the middle under control yourself.

Last, about the camping team being better at PvP: that's just an element called ''a game'' in a game, you have people who a better than others. If you are worse than someone else in a game, you will lose anyway.

Last edited:

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
What's stopping the people that got there a few seconds later from just coming straight for you? Absolutely nothing. Also, what's protecting you from being rushed? Rushing from a neighbor in nearly every case is quicker than rushing mid.
You're acting like everyone who plays eggwars is a PvP expert. If someone gets there right after you you run around, grab dias while running around, and run back to base.

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
Since the emerald gen thread has become a debate over mid camping instead of what to actually do with them, I'd figure I'd make a separate thread detailing all the problems with mid camping and why adding the team upgrades would cause major problems with this.

What is mid camping?

Do not confuse mid camping and base camping. Base campers generally are just protecting their egg - mid campers are trying to stop you from doing ANYTHING. In other words, mid campers are actually playing offense instead of defense - they're just not moving anywhere!

How do you deal with mid campers?

Mid campers are much, much harder to deal with than base campers. Rather than finding a way in to a camper's base and easily killing them, you first have to get out of your island. This is much harder than it sounds - and that's the EASIEST part to dealing with mid campers. First off, power bows are much more commonly used among mid campers than with anyone else. Basically, two shots, even with a back wall, will kill you. Not to mention, you have no defenses if the mid campers come after you as your diamond generator will most likely will not be up. You also can't split up - mid campers are almost always good at PvP and will destroy you if you split from your team. Not to mention, in every game I've been mid camped, the mid campers actually left the bridge to my base. This actually makes it worse - as you basically have only one approach option that won't get you insta-killed - get over THAT bridge. If you manage to escape the island with the barrage of power bows, THEN you need to find a way to THEM. This is even more difficult as you get more and more vulnerable to power bows as you approach. And even if you make a proper setup for power bows, you never know if they'll just pull out a punch bow and mix you up - making this stage even more difficult.

And don't even try to say "Go for their egg" - They're so stacked and have so many resources available to them - why the hell would they care about their egg?

Now for the hardest part of this all - if you somehow manage to bypass the BARRAGE of power bows and TnT Cannons, now you have to kill them! This is.. close to IMPOSSIBLE! You're SEVERELY outgeared and it's likely they're on the same if not better PvP level than you. How exactly do you expect to kill them? And then they'll most likely just attack you.

So yeah, I'm out of time. I'll post more about this in a bit.
Mid camping in some maps can be very easy to bypass some maps such as steampunk you can just navigate under the map, your to far for precise shooting accuracy and most times playersdont think to look

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
You lnow what? play a game with me . Attempt to camp mid. Ill show you how insignificant of a problem it actually is.

IGN xRoguex
Ahemm....
You want a good example of how devastating mid camping is to the game?
Here, I did it myself:
The other teams didn't even get a chance. Not because I'm good, but because mid camping is so terribly unbalanced.

TheSweetSuitMan

May 31, 2017
Ahemm....
You want a good example of how devastating mid camping is to the game?
Here, I did it myself:
The other teams didn't even get a chance. Not because I'm good, but because mid camping is so terribly unbalanced.

You don't make a point with that video...It is unbalanced if you can't do anything to stop it happening. This video only proves that it is a good tactic. Only the footage of how you were able to mid camp is interesting, because I bet I could point out how you were able to do it and how others could have prevent it.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
The only solution to this problem that I can see, would be to add a low-level diamond generator on every island, on maps that have emerald generators. At least that way, it'll still be in their best interests to approach you, as you now have something to gain from remaining on your island. They on the other hand, have no reason to remain in mid once they've gotten everything they need. Any further camping would benefit only you.

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
The only solution to this problem that I can see, would be to add a low-level diamond generator on every island, on maps that have emerald generators. At least that way, it'll still be in their best interests to approach you, as you now have something to gain from remaining on your island. They on the other hand, have no reason to remain in mid once they've gotten everything they need. Any further camping would benefit only you.
Mid camping works on any map. Adding a diamond generator as I explained above doesn't really help. Fighting them is a 3-step process - not the 1 step for base campers. Also, remember they're still SEVERELY out doing you in terms of diamond and gold production at mid.

Hypixel Network

Novice Member
Jan 28, 2017
Mid camping works on any map. Adding a diamond generator as I explained above doesn't really help. Fighting them is a 3-step process - not the 1 step for base campers. Also, remember they're still SEVERELY out doing you in terms of diamond and gold production at mid.
Yawn not east to camp on aztec . Area 51 was camper proof

TheSweetSuitMan

May 31, 2017
Let me make clear how mid camping can be stopped. First of, trying to fight them of while they are already stacked is indeed very hard. I have my fair share of Experience, playing eggwars for nearly 200 hours, but I am able to beat someone in full iron (medium skilled) with full leather. Multiple enemy's is impossible alone, but with a good team I have done it before (on the map kingdom mainly). But that's not my point. How do you prevent mid camping from happening?

Midcampers have early game no loot yet. Most of the time they get back to get a bow and perhaps some basic armor and a sword. Let's say building towards the middle takes around 20s, to get the 12 (or 15) diamonds for a bow will take 10s. going back to an island takes 10s. Buying gear will take 5s (all these numbers are trying to be as minimalistic as possible, to show a worse case) getting back in the middle will take an extra 10s and after that it is game over. How much time did you have to prevent that? around 1 min. That seems impossible to beat, but if you get a wooden sword, leather armor a little bit of food you spent around 20-30 iron. If your whole team has the kit ''moneybags'' you can get around 30-40 iron and with the generator first pickup you can get around 20 extra (assuming the gen is level 1). Now you have enough blocks and some descent gear to fight of any rushers in the middle. You might say that you cannot beat the guys in PvP. But guess what? By the time you are in the middle those guys are buying equipment. The guy of your team with the loot should just camp at their bridge, giving your team time to buy a bow and some arrows. They run back give you the bow and you just beat them.

HackersDontWin

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Adding generators or not won't do anything about it. If you really want a fix for it, edit the map itself by adding islands between spawn islands and mid with a low tier diamond generator that is on. Look at maps that has the same structure as Mushrooms for example. Every 2 teams there gets 1 diamond generator, so if Team A gets to their "half mid", Team B can get there easily because it's not far away like in Space it is.

Reactions: CommunistCactus

Hypixel Network

Novice Member
Jan 28, 2017
Let me make clear how mid camping can be stopped. First of, trying to fight them of while they are already stacked is indeed very hard. I have my fair share of Experience, playing eggwars for nearly 200 hours, but I am able to beat someone in full iron (medium skilled) with full leather. Multiple enemy's is impossible alone, but with a good team I have done it before (on the map kingdom mainly). But that's not my point. How do you prevent mid camping from happening?

Midcampers have early game no loot yet. Most of the time they get back to get a bow and perhaps some basic armor and a sword. Let's say building towards the middle takes around 20s, to get the 12 (or 15) diamonds for a bow will take 10s. going back to an island takes 10s. Buying gear will take 5s (all these numbers are trying to be as minimalistic as possible, to show a worse case) getting back in the middle will take an extra 10s and after that it is game over. How much time did you have to prevent that? around 1 min. That seems impossible to beat, but if you get a wooden sword, leather armor a little bit of food you spent around 20-30 iron. If your whole team has the kit ''moneybags'' you can get around 30-40 iron and with the generator first pickup you can get around 20 extra (assuming the gen is level 1). Now you have enough blocks and some descent gear to fight of any rushers in the middle. You might say that you cannot beat the guys in PvP. But guess what? By the time you are in the middle those guys are buying equipment. The guy of your team with the loot should just camp at their bridge, giving your team time to buy a bow and some arrows. They run back give you the bow and you just beat them.
I have 360 hours on eggwars and i say nay. You cant stop mid camping but playing offensive makes camping mid obsolete . My strat is simple : kill them before they kill you

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on ballonpuma288's profile.
Happy Birthday
WorriedSkate940 wrote on ballonpuma288's profile.
Happy birthday!!
I LOVE KING GIZZARD AND THE LIZARD WIZARD
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on ballonpuma288's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Reesle wrote on Zelfegor's profile.
Welcome to Official Cubecraft Forums!
Hope you enjoy yourself here :)
Top Bottom