Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

TheFogBro

Novice Member
Mar 1, 2017
Hi. We've been a couple of years or so now without an update to MinerWare, and prior to the next update coming, if there'll be one, I've got some suggestions down for some new microgames that could potentially be added.

1st one.
Title: Watering colours.

Description: The eight four blocked platforms on the main platform that MinerWare's played on, (I excluded one of them, which'll be the middle one, as that'll be where players will be spawned upon this microgame starting), will all be replaced by four blocked colours of wool, each colour randomised every time watering colours is on.

Players will each be assigned their own colour to drop a bucket of water onto, and to make this more competitive, there'll only be 5 seconds for players to get it done. Enough time for players to look around to identify their colour platform to drop their water onto, whilst also having a sense of urgency.

If they drop water from their buckets onto the wrong colour, they'll instantly be eliminated from the microgame.

For example, one player's screen may say (Drop water onto the cyan platform!), a couple of players may have the same colour, but then others could have (Drop water onto the red platform!), depending on the colours that've been generated.

Because there's only going to be eight different colours, there'll be scope for some colours to be excluded when the microgame comes back in another session of MinerWare, to make it unique every time, kind of like how pick a unique colour has a few colours being unavailable due to the iron bars, and those same colours being available next time around, etc.

ALL players will be spawned in the middle so it's fair and equal, so nobody has an advantage. They'll HAVE to be standing on top of their assigned colour when they drop their water on it, for them to register a point. As per usual, if somebody drops their water onto the wrong coloured four block platform, they'll be sent into the red glass box.

2nd one.
Title: Farming frenzy.

Description:
In the crafting microgame, all nine four blocked platforms on the main platform turn into crafting tables. Farming frenzy will turn those platforms similarly, into hoed dirt blocks, all maintaining their four blocked structure. Players will be given hoes and deliberately messy inventories with food, seeds and other farming stuff randomly, to make the microgame more of a challenge.

Players will have to grow the crop that is assigned to them, and they'll all be given the exact same crop. For example, when the 3 second countdown starts, it'll say something on screen like 'Plant and harvest (Carrot/Potato/Beetrot/Wheat), one of those four.

None of the seeds or foods will spawn in the hot bar, apart from the hoe players have, and the bonemeal they'll use. This'll make it so players won't be able to just scroll along their mouses and get their needed seeds that easily.

Once they fully grow their assigned crops, with the bonemeal, and click the grown variant, they'll have won the microgame and received a point. Should they complete it before the microgame's finished, players will be able to deliberately place down more of the assigned seeds of the crops/potatoes or carrots if either of those are assigned, to stop other players from succeeding.

This microgame will be given 12 seconds in total.

Given there'll be 36 hoed dirt blocks, the ability to stop other players from succeeding won't be too much of an issue.

3rd one.
Title: Lever escape

Description:
Similarly to Follow the Platforms and Cross the Balance Beam, players will be invisible to one another. They'll be spawned in an enclosed, small prison-looking room, with a crafting table and an iron door. Players will have cobblestone and a stick on their inventory.

The title of this suggestion comes from the fact that players will firstly have to create a lever via the crafting table to open the iron door and access what'll be a zig-zag pathway surrounded entirely by lava. Players won't be able to jump over the lava as jumping will be disabled in this microgame.

During the 3 second countdown before Lever escape commences, it'd say on the screen 'Craft lever & escape!'

If players get through the zig-zag lava pathway in time and step onto a stone pressure plate at the end of it, they'll be transported into the green glass box, whereby they'd have completed the microgame.

The zig-zag stone pathway surrounded by lava wouldn't be very long; it'd probably be similar to the length of the balance beam.

This microgame would give players 15 seconds to complete it. The steps involved in it are hardly anything, which makes it suitable to be a microgame.

Those are my three unique microgame ideas. Generally speaking, I wouldn't mind seeing more parkour courses in 'Parkour & eat cake', because we only have the red course, the blue course, and the course where you can simply hop up to the cakes from four corners.

Let me know how you feel about these potential microgames.

Last edited:

TheFogBro

Novice Member
Mar 1, 2017
I've created physical examples of how these MicroGames could potentially look. The screenshot with Watering colours has an absolutely terribly scaled platform, but you get the idea when it comes to the actual MinerWare platform itself.

That one is Lever Escape.

The screenshot is Watering colours. I explain in the chat precisely what's going on.

I didn't bother making an example for farming frenzy as that one was pretty straight forward.

Attachments

• 2020-04-20_13.17.57.png
    2020-04-20_13.17.57.png
    3 MB · Views: 106

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
I really like the farming frenzy! It's really simple yet seems fairly fun!
The lever escape, I don't like some much... It's too different from what Minerware has now and looks more like an adventure/parcour/prison escape map than an actual mini game... Watering colours is a bit harder too easily decided on. It is somewhat new, but not really a big change. I do absolutely enjoy your idea that not all players have to go to the same set of blocks! The main problem that I have is the water... I'm not sure if water is the best option, it should be at first so that it doesn't flow, and it doesn't seem to be making sense... why would you water a set of coloured blocks?
  • You find food more the slime because he's hungry
  • You buy things from villagers (trade is their only purpose)
  • Swim to the platform for safety
I have the feeling that every mini game makes a bit of sense, or just do this because it's a mini game, like follow the platforms. But when using water, I feel like it would be nicer with a little "story" behind it.
Still about Watering colours, I have one question about the durations. In all your other proposals you gave how long the mini game will take, here you just said. They'll have 5sec to get the water to the right colour. Will there be more than one round?

In short:
  • Farming frenzy Yes!
  • Watering colours Maybe
  • Lever escape No...
Hope you appreciate the feedback!
~Fesa

TheFogBro

Novice Member
Mar 1, 2017
Appreciate your feedback.

With Watering colours, I used the water buckets because throughout the entirety of the current microgames, we never put to use a water bucket. We use snowballs, we use pumpkins, we use a flint and steel, shears. It felt like a rather significant gap for me because water buckets are hugely essential for things like caving, making them a vital component in general gameplay.

It'll only be one round. Similarly to how 'Wait for it' is quick paced, (although veryyy predictable), it'll be quick paced in that manner and only one round. It'd be like a 'gotcha' sort of Microgame.

I suppose it doesn't really make too much sense, but then again, this is a game where you can jump the equivalent height of a tower directly to the ground and not die if you land in water. I just felt like it'd be a colourful, engaging-looking atmosphere that'd suit MinerWare to a bigger extent, as do the colourations of Nerd Pole, Pick a unique colour, (sometimes Musical Chairs when the floor is rainbowish during the music) and Stack a Tower.

That's probably just because I absolutely love Microgames that look colourful and rainbow-like. Not a ton of people probably care for that type of stuff, but I think it adds to the fun.

As for whether or not the water flows, I probably wouldn't make them flow. There wouldn't be a point in doing so since it's literally just a 5 second microgame.

Lever escape, the actual zig-zag part of it, wouldn't be that long, it'd be similar to balance beam. I think it'd be cool if there was a microgame that'd require you to craft something not just as the objective, but as something you actually need to do to open up the next part of the microgame. I don't think any other Microgame has that.

On the basis it'd be the length of balance beam, you'd only get about 15 seconds for it. Maybe even 10, haven't really decided on either one. It'd definitely be eligible for a Microgame format on that basis.

Lime

Dedicated Member
Nov 17, 2015
I actually like all of your microgame ideas! Though I think there are a few things that could be adjusted in order to make it even better.
Let's start with Watering colours. I think it's a unique microgame and pretty easy to understand. 5 seconds to complete the microgame should be enough. However, how would the microgame work out if someone voted for Hard mode? In case it's Hard mode, I think each platform shouldn't have one colour, but multiple colours to make it a little harder. For an example: One platform contains green, cyan, yellow and pink wool, instead of just one colour. Or even slowly changing colours, with more time of course!
Farming frenzy also sounds pretty neat! For Hard mode, excluding a few platforms would be great. I don't have much to add to this because I simply think this would be a great microgame.
Fesa said Lever escape is too different from what Minerware has, but I actually see this as a good thing! It deviates from the ordinary and that's what makes this microgame so fun to play in my opinion. In other microgames, the big platform changes as well, so this shouldn't be that hard to implement.

Very well suggestion!

TheFogBro

Novice Member
Mar 1, 2017
I actually like all of your microgame ideas! Though I think there are a few things that could be adjusted in order to make it even better.
Let's start with Watering colours. I think it's a unique microgame and pretty easy to understand. 5 seconds to complete the microgame should be enough. However, how would the microgame work out if someone voted for Hard mode? In case it's Hard mode, I think each platform shouldn't have one colour, but multiple colours to make it a little harder. For an example: One platform contains green, cyan, yellow and pink wool, instead of just one colour. Or even slowly changing colours, with more time of course!
Farming frenzy also sounds pretty neat! For Hard mode, excluding a few platforms would be great. I don't have much to add to this because I simply think this would be a great microgame.
Fesa said Lever escape is too different from what Minerware has, but I actually see this as a good thing! It deviates from the ordinary and that's what makes this microgame so fun to play in my opinion. In other microgames, the big platform changes as well, so this shouldn't be that hard to implement.

Very well suggestion!

Thank you!

Yeah, I think for Watering colour's hard mode, each four blocked platform could have a variety of colours rather than them being one single colour each, as you suggested.

I did consider what the hard variants would be, but I hadn't fully decided on them.

Appreciate your feedback!

Reactions: Lime

summurai

Novice Member
Jun 7, 2017
België
I really enjoyed reading 'Watering colours.' Never heard of it before but I like the ideo of it!
Would you mind try making a video about it, just like you did with 'Lever escape' ?

*In microgames you also have an option called 'HARD mode' did you think about that? You should also make a text about it.*

TheFogBro

Novice Member
Mar 1, 2017
I could make a video for Watering colours, but I wouldn't have the slightest idea of how to code it or whatever as an example.

I thought I'd just show off what the platform would look like in the microgame.

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
You made me change my mind about Watering colours. So I’ll try to code the thing!

D

Deleted member 373055

I like all of your microgames. I feel like playing the same microgames over and over again which makes Minerware a bit boring. In contrast with maps in Skywars or let's say Lucky Islands, in Minerware, the map does not have impact. So to keep the game fresh, adding new gamemodes is necessary.

If you made a poll, I would have voted for Farming Frenzy in any case as it is very original. There is no other microgame which works the same.

Lever Escape looks a bit like the balance beam. I think it is possible to make the concept more original. I am not sure how though. I would still like it.

Watering colour however is a bit of the same concept as 'stay on the right colour', but still, I think it would be a nice adittion as well.

In short, I would like to see all your microgames, but Farming Frenzy for sure. That would be a really good microgame!

TheFogBro

Novice Member
Mar 1, 2017
You made me change my mind about Watering colours. So I’ll try to code the thing!

Oh really? if you manage to do it could you record it and share it here? it'd be incredibly cool to see it in actual action.

TheFogBro

Novice Member
Mar 1, 2017
I like all of your microgames. I feel like playing the same microgames over and over again which makes Minerware a bit boring. In contrast with maps in Skywars or let's say Lucky Islands, in Minerware, the map does not have impact. So to keep the game fresh, adding new gamemodes is necessary.

If you made a poll, I would have voted for Farming Frenzy in any case as it is very original. There is no other microgame which works the same.

Lever Escape looks a bit like the balance beam. I think it is possible to make the concept more original. I am not sure how though. I would still like it.

Watering colour however is a bit of the same concept as 'stay on the right colour', but still, I think it would be a nice adittion as well.

In short, I would like to see all your microgames, but Farming Frenzy for sure. That would be a really good microgame!

I think Watering colours would be what Nerd Pole is to Stack a tower; fairly similar but they're both different in their own ways.

I agree. I wouldn't mind seeing 10 new Microgames added in the next update. I remember the past updates with all the new Microgames and they were genuinely amazing, made Minerware stand out. Now, having played them all and mastered the majority of them, it feels pretty empty again.

How many Microgames in total are there if you know?

Appreciate your feedback, by the way!

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Who Invented Jumpbridging/Mj Bridging?

I need help uncovering the history of Bedrocks Most popular Method
If you know any old time players that might know something contact me on my discord
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
My discord is : aviussabes​

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Res734's profile.
Happy Birthday have an awesome day today! ^-^
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on BladeBreakerMC's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Reesle wrote on Res734's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Reesle wrote on BladeBreakerMC's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂
Top Bottom