- Aug 1, 2016
Today we are here to talk about something very important, mental health.
Many of us struggle with mental health issues on a day-to-day basis, this can affect daily living, relationships, and physical health. Maybe you have experienced this yourself or you have seen others struggle. The purpose of this thread is to build awareness and allow you to open up.
Methods & Tips
Here are some coping mechanisms and information that may help you. Even if it's just one thing that stands out and helps change your routine and attitude for the better, that is already a push in the right direction!
▼ 5 Tips of Wellbeing
This is a method that has worked for me:
• Stay in touch with people - Discord, friends, family, parents.
• Get involved more in your hobbies and interests by joining more communities related to them.
• Join in on more events or Discord calls with your friends, this can lead to making new friends!
• Watching YouTube and documentaries can be very educational.
• Learn new skills, challenging yourself stimulates your brain in a positive way when you accomplish something.
• Try to take on a new hobby, this can become your new daily activity and gives you something to do. (I got back into Figure skating! )
• Going outside can transform your mood. Just going for a walk is more than enough but try to visit a happy place, this could be a park, beach or maybe even a library.
• Appreciate the little things. It's Important to find the little things in everyday life that make you happy.
• Essentially learn to appreciate all the great things you have around you. This could be a support group. For me, this is my online friends.
• Random acts of kindness towards others can make you feel more positive like you made a difference on other people and put a little good into the world too.
• Mental health contact lines
• Player Safety Guidelines
If you have any coping mechanisms or information that has helped you then please do not be afraid to share them below the thread, we are all just trying to support each other!
You are not alone
I want to invite you all to share your own experiences with mental health whether that be your own or from supporting others around you, no matter how big or small.
There are a few people that wanted to open up about their own experiences, you can read about them right below this thread, we hope this might help you open up yourself and make you feel less alone. Together we can fight the stigma to help normalise opening up about something that everyone will experience in their life.
It gets better
I hope this thread reaches many people and allows them to open up and find mental clarity.
I want to let all of you know that things do get better, always but it will take time, it's important to stay positive and constantly work towards your goals but if you can't then that is okay and I'm still proud of you! Just getting out of bed in the morning is more than good enough, try to take each day little by little.
Some of you don't know me but I have personal experiences with mental health too and I want to offer support to as many of you as I can, my DMs are always open whether it be Discord or the forums. Don't be afraid to reach out to me, I'd love to get to know you guys better, I am always up for a chat, call, or game. I'm here for you!