Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What features would you like implemented?

• Team death match

• Grouped duels

• Custom duel maps

• Achievements

• Jollow's extra kit settings

• None of the above. (Explain why, and we'll try to convince you)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
This thread will consist of the following:
-Team death match
-Grouped duels
-Custom duel maps
Edit: I've spent about 2 hours typing this all out. Ask me if I need to elaborate on something.

Team death match
So, what IS team death match? Team deathmatch is a gamemode, where there's two different teams, fighting until the last team stands.

The way I'd see them be implemented, is having gameboards with signs to start a game. Everyone can vote on which kit they play, and special TDM maps are made for this gamemode.
The maps are randomly picked, by way of the signs (games) generating with a set map. Once you join, you will be able to pick your team with the usual team select item. This means that players wouldn't have trouble dealing with any "new" features! The way you're able to join teams however, works in a similar way to Tower Defence. You can only join the team of there's a slot available. These slots will slowly increase on each team, as people start joining the pre-game lobby.
Once the game starts, players will all be spawned on one end of the map with their own team. They may spawn a block apart, different positions in the map, all inside the same space, etc. It doesn't matter too much, as long as there's no field advantage.
When a team wins, the entire team gets rewards for it. The following rewards are given out:
Everyone gets: +20 points & +50 xp + a chance for a Cubelet.
The one's still alive: +15 bonus points, +10 bonus XP
There's also rewards for the top killers of the game, which will be given out to any of the teams regardless of who died or not.
Example: Blue won, red lost.
Top killers: #1 Red-a #2 Red-b #3 Blue-a
Despite the red players dying, Playert Red-a would get an additional 15 points; Player Red-b would get 10 points; Player Blue-a would get 5 points.

Grouped duel requests
Grouped duels, are basically duel requests that you can send, to where you can fight from a 2v2, up to a 4v4 or 5v5. No rewards are given out, but it's all for glory. ("gg" for experience is still there!)
The PVP lobby gets its own custom item: "The Grouped kit Menu"
Here, you'll get all kinds of information about grouped duels & how to initiate them. Exclusively for the PVP lobby, you are able to use the party system to enter or start a grouped queue. When someone starts one, they have to select which kit just like if they were to request to duel someone else. The GUI looks like this when you open the Grouped kit Menu:
upload_2017-5-27_22-28-8.png
upload_2017-5-27_22-28-44.png

upload_2017-5-27_22-29-1.png

upload_2017-5-27_22-29-16.png
If you want, there could be a barrier block for "Close Menu" or something alike.
Simple, right? Now for the more complicated part: Starting a grouped duel.
You MUST be in a party with at least 1 other player
, this way you can start a 2v2 at the very least.
When you click to start a game, it'll look the exact same way as it does on the server:
upload_2017-5-27_22-31-55.png

upload_2017-5-27_22-32-25.png
When you've queued a match, you won't be able to requeue unless you leave the lobby. You'll have to wait for someone to select YOUR game with their party.

Joining a queue'd duel:
You'll need to be in a party of X amount of players to be allowed to face a duel with the X amount of players. Else it'll say that you're unable to do so.
Joining a game in the que goes as follows:
(2 examples)
The icon of the group is determined by who the party owner is.

When the duel starts, the game is removed from the selection & the two parties can duke it out.
Some other details:
When the party is disbanded, the game is removed from the game selection.
Only the party owner can choose a game & start a game.

Custom duel maps
The caption pretty much says it all. These maps could be made in freebuild, and it needs to be verified in order for it to be usable in a game. This cannot be used in grouped duels though.
There are a few prerequisites for it to be allowed:
-No inappropriate builds
-No terrain advantage on one side
-No use of TOO much lava / parkour, making it a running game
This feature is only available to Lapiz+

PVP achievements
Almost every minigame has achievements, except for this one. That's why I'm here to suggest some for this!
The names are subject to change & rewards are decided by you.
"Better than expected!" - Win with 10 hearts!
"Epic fall!" - Die to fall damage!
"Rabbit time!" - Jump 100 times in one duel!
"Draw" - Run out of time!
"Was this supposed to happen?" - Die by the void.
"New fighter" - Win 1 duel!
"Street fighter!" - Win 10 duels!
"Warrior!" - Win 100 duels!
"Paladin!" - Win 1000 duels!
"Blackbelt!" - Win 10000 duels!

"Sole survivor" - Win while being the only one left on your team!
"Dream team" - Win with your entire team still alive!
"Pacifist" - Win without dealing any damage to another player.
"On a roll!" - Get 5 kills in one game!
"Domination!" - Have your team get 1st, 2nd and 3r place in top killers.
"New guy in the team!" - Win 1 game of TDM
"Team player" - Win 10 games of TDM
"Reliable teammate!" - Win 100 games of TDM
"Organized team fighter!" - Win 1000 games of TDM
"I am the team!" - Win 10000 games of TDM

I wasn't asked to do this, but I want to plug this suggestion as I really liked it & it fits here too. It was made by @jollow250 and it covers the addition of multiple more settings for custom kits, so you can have even crazier combinations!

Give honest feedback, please!

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
I like this suggestion idea!
Very detailed and it would be awesome to add more varieties when it comes to PVP!
Would love to play these to practise and generally having fun!

Nice suggestion!

Reactions: Gainfullterror

KidBit

Dedicated Member
May 9, 2016
Maple Syrup Land
I love this Idea. You really put a lot of effort into this thread and because you took the time to explain the idea and suggestion it is a wonderful and great thread.
The PVP idea is awesome I would love to see this on the server, I think it would be a great way to get more players into PVP and work together in honing their PVP skills. Wonderful idea

TomZye

Novice Member
Nov 26, 2016
The Netherlands
You have put great effort in this suggestion and this made it a great thread.
I find this a good idea and I would like to see tome team death match and team duels in pvp!

ElPtricko

Dedicated Member
Sep 12, 2016
Denmark
It would be pretty great to have these. Also, in my opinion there should be an option to play duels with those in your party, doing either team fighting or solo.

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
This thread will consist of the following:
-Team death match
-Grouped duels
-Custom duel maps
Edit: I've spent about 2 hours typing this all out. Ask me if I need to elaborate on something.

Team death match
So, what IS team death match? Team deathmatch is a gamemode, where there's two different teams, fighting until the last team stands.

The way I'd see them be implemented, is having gameboards with signs to start a game. Everyone can vote on which kit they play, and special TDM maps are made for this gamemode.
The maps are randomly picked, by way of the signs (games) generating with a set map. Once you join, you will be able to pick your team with the usual team select item. This means that players wouldn't have trouble dealing with any "new" features! The way you're able to join teams however, works in a similar way to Tower Defence. You can only join the team of there's a slot available. These slots will slowly increase on each team, as people start joining the pre-game lobby.
Once the game starts, players will all be spawned on one end of the map with their own team. They may spawn a block apart, different positions in the map, all inside the same space, etc. It doesn't matter too much, as long as there's no field advantage.
When a team wins, the entire team gets rewards for it. The following rewards are given out:
Everyone gets: +20 points & +50 xp + a chance for a Cubelet.
The one's still alive: +15 bonus points, +10 bonus XP
There's also rewards for the top killers of the game, which will be given out to any of the teams regardless of who died or not.
Example: Blue won, red lost.
Top killers: #1 Red-a #2 Red-b #3 Blue-a
Despite the red players dying, Playert Red-a would get an additional 15 points; Player Red-b would get 10 points; Player Blue-a would get 5 points.

How big are the teams in this case, for a team select item like the one used in Tower Defence / Blockwars I would guess Team death match would pitch 10 players vs 10, though I believe people would start losing hope quickly in big games like these as they see their numbers reduce in size : 7vs10 then 5vs9 and finally 5v1.

Being the last person alive in your team and being left to fight against the big numbers of the other team would eventually leave you feeling let down by your team.

What I suggest, when it comes to big fights like this would be to either have 3+ teams as the biggest teams always try to take out the other big teams meaning the numbers dwindle faster and there is less chance of being faced with many opponents or at least more chances in it ending in a fair fight for all remaining teams, though this does mean fights last longer but don't leave players feel let down as much and really brings up the competitive side of PVP. (This also happens to be the main aspect of what I miss about money walls)
Another option is to have players respawn upon death and the winning team is the one with the most kills in a set time period.
Though I see a major problem with the 2nd option, one team could chose to run from fights until the timer ends as soon as it gains the upper hand.

Grouped duel requests
Grouped duels, are basically duel requests that you can send, to where you can fight from a 2v2, up to a 4v4 or 5v5. No rewards are given out, but it's all for glory. ("gg" for experience is still there!)
The PVP lobby gets its own custom item: "The Grouped kit Menu"
Here, you'll get all kinds of information about grouped duels & how to initiate them. Exclusively for the PVP lobby, you are able to use the party system to enter or start a grouped queue. When someone starts one, they have to select which kit just like if they were to request to duel someone else. The GUI looks like this when you open the Grouped kit Menu:
If you want, there could be a barrier block for "Close Menu" or something alike.
Simple, right? Now for the more complicated part: Starting a grouped duel.
You MUST be in a party with at least 1 other player
, this way you can start a 2v2 at the very least.
When you click to start a game, it'll look the exact same way as it does on the server:
When you've queued a match, you won't be able to requeue unless you leave the lobby. You'll have to wait for someone to select YOUR game with their party.

Joining a queue'd duel:
You'll need to be in a party of X amount of players to be allowed to face a duel with the X amount of players. Else it'll say that you're unable to do so.
Joining a game in the que goes as follows:
(2 examples)
The icon of the group is determined by who the party owner is.

When the duel starts, the game is removed from the selection & the two parties can duke it out.
Some other details:
When the party is disbanded, the game is removed from the game selection.
Only the party owner can choose a game & start a game.
Say you have a party of 6 vs a party of 4 and you want to do a 5vs5, I'd suggest an easy GUI like this:
f196968a9522997965232bc2689579db.png

Team 1 on one side, Team 2 on the other and spectators on the bottom. (max: 16vs16 and 8 spectator slots 2 parties of 20 at max capacity)

This GUI is to be shown to the two party leaders and other members of the party though only the leaders can interact with it.

Party leader is to chose who goes in his team, if the other team is bigger the leader of the smallest party can choose the "fair play" option:
Each icon gets an enchanted glowing effect when selected.
Map icon: Map selector, changes to the icon of the selected map.
Nether Star: Team randomizer, title speaks for itself, it randomizes all members from both parties in two equal teams.
Fish icon (fair play option): limits/forces the biggest team to put players of his party in spectator mode and equalizes the teams, only the smallest party can toggle it.
Bow Icon: Kit selector changes to the icon of the selected kit or player head if a custom kit is chosen.
Last option is the sword which is no other option but to fight! (Both party leaders need to have selected the dye to show that they are ok to fight.)

Custom duel maps
The caption pretty much says it all. These maps could be made in freebuild, and it needs to be verified in order for it to be usable in a game. This cannot be used in grouped duels though.
-No inappropriate builds
This is an amazing suggestion, I fully support this as it would add a lot of variety to the game, community made maps can be just as good as some of the cubecraft built maps.

This not only allows for variety in pvp but also encourages people build in freebuild, there is already a voting system in place, I think it would be great for players to make custom maps and select the two spawn points of each team, though I can see maps coming that may have a disadvantage but that is where voting comes to play, maps that players don't like will automatically be put out of play.

Another way to combat unfair fights, the team to be put at pos1/pos2 is random.
I love to build, but I don't have any reason to build on freebuild as there is nothing to gain from it and there is no difference building there than on any other server, the only maps currently popular are the parcour maps as those are the only maps that have goals and give players something to do in creative.
I recently made a pvp duels map (my entry for the easter competition) that I would love to be able to try out in pvp, and I'm 100% sure that the community can come up with some more interesting maps than mine :p
2017-05-28_10.38.16.png
I would like to add that the creative menu is also very empty:
8ca3d6f3a2a2ca92692d076fe2c1f47e.png

I'm sure there is space there to put an option that would enable the plot owner to put the map up in a Duels Maps GUI that players in pvp can access and vote on !
In the end the top voted maps will be voted on by pvpers as well as builders of the community.

I really think this is a suggestion of its own and fully suport this suggestion.

PVP achievements
Almost every minigame has achievements, except for this one. That's why I'm here to suggest some for this!
The names are subject to change & rewards are decided by you.
"Better than expected!" - Win with 10 hearts!
"Epic fall!" - Die to fall damage!
"Rabbit time!" - Jump 100 times in one duel!
"Draw" - Run out of time!
"Was this supposed to happen?" - Die by the void.
"New fighter" - Win 1 duel!
"Street fighter!" - Win 10 duels!
"Warrior!" - Win 100 duels!
"Paladin!" - Win 1000 duels!
"Blackbelt!" - Win 10000 duels!

"Sole survivor" - Win while being the only one left on your team!
"Dream team" - Win with your entire team still alive!
"Pacifist" - Win without dealing any damage to another player.
"On a roll!" - Get 5 kills in one game!
"Domination!" - Have your team get 1st, 2nd and 3r place in top killers.
"New guy in the team!" - Win 1 game of TDM
"Team player" - Win 10 games of TDM
"Reliable teammate!" - Win 100 games of TDM
"Organized team fighter!" - Win 1000 games of TDM
"I am the team!" - Win 10000 games of TDM

I wasn't asked to do this, but I want to plug this suggestion as I really liked it & it fits here too. It was made by @jollow250 and it covers the addition of multiple more settings for custom kits, so you can have even crazier combinations!

Give honest feedback, please!

Achievements look great!
I appreciate the effort put into this post and I was about to suggest something similar, but you seem to have covered everything I was going to suggest.
Very good suggestion, also gives a lot of food for thought! (a lot to talk about)

I really think this is something that cubecraft needs :p

Last edited:

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
How big are the teams in this case, for a team select item like the one used in Tower Defence / Blockwars I would guess Team death match would pitch 10 players vs 10, though I believe people would start losing hope quickly in big games like these as they see their numbers reduce in size : 7vs10 then 5vs9 and finally 5v1.

Being the last person alive in your team and being left to fight against the big numbers of the other team would eventually leave you feeling let down by your team.

What I suggest, when it comes to big fights like this would be to either have 3+ teams as the biggest teams always try to take out the other big teams meaning the numbers dwindle faster and there is less chance of being faced with many opponents or at least more chances in it ending in a fair fight for all remaining teams, though this does mean fights last longer but don't leave players feel let down as much and really brings up the competitive side of PVP. (This also happens to be the main aspect of what I miss about money walls)
I'm just saying this, but 10v10's work out quite fine on the map Rome and Mansion (and that halloween map that was once there) from eggwars, even with both teams not having an egg.

LoadzAF

May 11, 2016
The Forest
I'm not going to be detailed because i literally like everything except 1 thing, Cube wont let stone ranks be able to pick map because that is one of the only stuff they have for ranks. So basically i think only ranks should have the ability to vote so the server doesnt go broke. +1 from me

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
I don't quite get the difference between team deathmatch and team duels. I like the idea though.
Custom duel maps
-No inappropriate builds
Amazing. Love it. Yes. Not sure how easy it would be to make, but I love it.

PVP achievements
I want about a million of these.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
Imagine playing Rome on Eggwars:
You're on red, with only 4 players, and the blue team is completely full.
As red, you can easily still take on multiple of blue if they're not too skilled at fighting. Having things like a 5v1 happens a lot across gamemodes, since it's how the games play out.
Feeling "discouraged" about a 5v1, or a 4v7, or a 6v9 isn't much of an issue, as players are already very used to this due to games like Skywars & Eggwars having this pop up regularly.

Literally every game of Eggwars with random people on your team, maybe ever...

Achievements look great!
I appreciate the effort put into this post and I was about to suggest something similar, but you seem to have covered everything I was going to suggest.
Very good suggestion, also gives a lot of food for thought! (a lot to talk about)
<3
I don't quite get the difference between team deathmatch and team duels. I like the idea though.

Amazing. Love it. Yes. Not sure how easy it would be to make, but I love it.

I want about a million of these.
Team death match is basically team duels, but then up to a 10v10 with its own unique maps. Statistics will also be tracked here for a possible TDM leaderboard.
Grouped duels, on the other hand, are basically just like kit requests.
You queue a game, you wait for someone to respond to it & fight. The stats are NOT tracked here, and the maps that are used are the same as the maps used in 1v1 duels.

+ Thanks all, for supporting this. I had a lot of effort going into this, and it was well worth it!
(Side note: added poll)
I don't expect the poll to be of much use, as these aren't very handy when it comes to suggesting multiple things. They seem pretty easily manipulated.

Reactions: Lezappen

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Team death match
this would be great mainly because it is similar to FFA but without 40 players as a cap there are also set teams which definately changes it up
Grouped duel requests
this would be very fun for a smaller Team Death Match
Custom duel maps
this would be a great addition this would also however require some other regulations such as no pre-spawned mobs, no TNT/TNT minecarts (for obvious reasons) and an area around your spawn point where blocks can't be placed
Also I think I know how to avoid 1 side favouring the other which is by having mirror block placement (basically when I place a block on 1 side it copies to the other thus you can't have favouring sides
PVP achievements
mainly because that was literally the first thing I ever suggested
Honestly This is really well thought out and I really like them all amazing suggestion

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
Also I think I know how to avoid 1 side favouring the other which is by having mirror block placement (basically when I place a block on 1 side it copies to the other thus you can't have favouring sides
I don't see this as an issue if the teams randomly spawn on any side... Maps that give an advantage to one side won't be voted up by players and will end up not being played.
The way I see it, players voting will mainly be from the pvp community (as it's a pvp duels map) as well as builders, so only good builds and fair maps will surface.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Thanks for all the wishes <3
UncleSpect wrote on zauuberr009's profile.
Happy birthday!
Xi1m wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
happy birthday!!!!1!1!1!1!!11!!1!1 :3
Frontlane wrote on adrian525pl's profile.
Happy birthday 🎈🥳
Frontlane wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy birthday!! 🎁
Top Bottom