Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Exciting_pancake

Dedicated Member
Jul 3, 2014
The UK
🐶 Pet Mobs 🐖

Hello! I'm Chloe and I'm a Game Designer for CubeCraft, I've been part of the community for many years now and became a designer back in July! I work on the technical side of the design team creating weird and wonderful behaviours - kinda like mod packs.

This was my first project which was pretty crazy to think about, I can't wait for the next upcoming releases we have! In this highlight I will break down the process for you all to see.

The Idea

We all love to tame dogs and cats... why not a creeper? why not an army of polar bears? This is where it could get much more interesting and completely change the normal vanilla behaviour in Minecraft. Hostile mobs could become powerful allies. I felt the biggest technical challenge would be animating a taming mechanic but as you'll see lower down I managed to make some interesting progress 😂

Production Process

Since this was more a behaviour focussed project I got to work on the mob taming animations, as you can see they didn't all go to plan... :monkeylookaway:
petsmobsfail.jpg

After a lot of behaviour work was done, the map got refined with some fancy models. Here's a quick chat that was had with @Efcluke94 and @Hannibal

petshop.jpg

Quality Assurance

Quality assurance is important to ensure that content doesn't go out with bugs - at least with as little as possible. You can see some bug highlights here:

1608556644975.png

Whatever floats your goat..

Bugs on point..

This project wasn't always called pet mobs, originally it was called tameable mobs.. but as you can see a lot of people favoured pet mobs - personally I think it was the best name too.
1608556542193.png

After all of the bugs were fixed, and the name was decided on it was off to release!

Release

You can see the amazing trailer here:

Get Pet Mobs on marketplace!
1608660663983.png

You can check out our other highlights here:
🐝BeeHive
⚽ Sport Resort
🚀 Elysium Fleet

If you want to check out Pet Mobs on the Marketplace, CLICK HERE!

If you want to contribute to our servers and Marketplace projects, feel free to check out our application thread!

Am4er

Dedicated Member
Dec 6, 2018
VA, USA
Pronouns
He/Him
🐶 Pet Mobs 🐖

Hello! I'm Chloe and I'm a Game Designer for CubeCraft, I've been part of the community for many years now and became a designer back in July! I work on the technical side of the design team creating weird and wonderful behaviours - kinda like mod packs.

This was my first project which was pretty crazy to think about, I can't wait for the next upcoming releases we have! In this highlight I will break down the process for you all to see.

The Idea

We all love to tame dogs and cats... why not a creeper? why not an army of polar bears? This is where it could get much more interesting and completely change the normal vanilla behaviour in Minecraft. Hostile mobs could become powerful allies. I felt the biggest technical challenge would be animating a taming mechanic but as you'll see lower down I managed to make some interesting progress 😂

Production Process

Since this was more a behaviour focussed project I got to work on the mob taming animations, as you can see they didn't all go to plan... :monkeylookaway:
View attachment 182909

After a lot of behaviour work was done, the map got refined with some fancy models. Here's a quick chat that was had with @Efcluke94 and @Hannibal

View attachment 182908

Quality Assurance

Quality assurance is important to ensure that content doesn't go out with bugs - at least with as little as possible. You can see some bug highlights here:

View attachment 182954

Bugs on point..

This project wasn't always called pet mobs, originally it was called tameable mobs.. but as you can see a lot of people favoured pet mobs - personally I think it was the best name too.
View attachment 182953

After all of the bugs were fixed, and the name was decided on it was off to release!

Release

Thanks to Rowan Walsh and his mad talent, you can see the amazing trailer here:

View attachment 183037

🐝BeeHive
⚽ Sport Resort
🚀 Elysium Fleet

If you want to contribute to our servers and Marketplace projects, feel free to check out our application thread!
Woah, Let's, good boys! New amazing stuff! Thanks, CubeCraft Team!

Reactions: Exciting_pancake

mitgobla

Marketplace Coordinator
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
🎨 Designer
🖌️ Sr. Designer
Dec 11, 2018
Wales, United Kingdom
ben-dodd.com
Pronouns
He/Him
what is this tho? Is this like a mod created by a cube designer where you can tame all animals or what?
No, it's a highlight of the creation of one of our recently released marketplace worlds 😄 It's kinda like mod packs, but made in a different way, for Bedrock.

This was Pancake's first project that erm well, was pretty big as a first project in hindsight 😂

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016
No, it's a highlight of the creation of one of our recently released marketplace worlds 😄 It's kinda like mod packs, but made in a different way, for Bedrock.

This was Pancake's first project that erm well, was pretty big as a first project in hindsight 😂
oh alright

Nxrn

Novice Member
Jul 9, 2020
www.youtube.com
🐶 Pet Mobs 🐖

The Idea

Production Process

View attachment 182909

View attachment 182908

Quality Assurance

View attachment 182954

Bugs on point..

View attachment 182953

Release

Thanks to Rowan Walsh and his mad talent, you can see the amazing trailer here:

View attachment 183037

🐝BeeHive
⚽ Sport Resort
🚀 Elysium Fleet

This looks so fun and I would definitely try it out!

Top Bottom