Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
I believe that in the PvP duels, all the maps should be flat, with no water, lava, fire, cacti or any other blocks that damage the player. Why? Well it is of course to improve your melee/archery, which is what I believe these duels are here for. How can you practise these skills when there maps where people camp near lava and just push you into the lava if you try to go near them and you lose, or that map with the huge lake that just ruins the fight completely. In my opinion they don't really add much to the duels, I'm sure a lot of people would just rather fight properly than it just be a battle of who falls into the lava first. Flat maps such as the Emoji map are bliss, so if you could make all the maps like that, then I shall be forever grateful.

Ok now onto the kits:

Hunter - I think this should be removed from the Normal Mode and added to the Insane Mode instead, I feel it is more of a "screwing around" kit, so it would fit in the Insane Mode very well.

Eggwars kit - The problem with this kit is people just pillar up very high and just wait for you to come up, so they can knock you off and win. I think to prevent this, you can either remove the blocks from the kit, reduce the amount of blocks to like 16 or just somehow make it so there is a maximum build limit height of 10 blocks or something. Personally I would prefer it if the blocks were removed.

Bomber - Remove from Overpowered Mode and into Insane Mode, because let's be honest 64 creeper eggs is a bit insane ;)

Explosive Bow - Remove from Overpowered Mode, more it to Insane Mode, for similar reasons.

Ninja - Again, remove from Overpowered Mode and into Insane Mode, self explanatory.

A kit I would like to see added is one with an axe. Of course there is the "Trapper" kit, but that has a dog and cobwebs, I think there should be another one, exactly the same as the Iron Warrior but with an iron axe instead of an iron sword. This would help you improve your axe PvP properly so you can practise your skills for other minigames.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
I don't think all maps should be flat, that would be boring after a while. Maybe selecting a specific map should be made easier.
You're right about the kits though, some of them aren't fun to play with. I think the best way to deal with that would be to make the kit selection available to everyone and also introduce custom queues (select all kits you're willing to play) so you aren't bound to the categories. And please add some boring tryhard kits.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
What do you mean boring? I would have thought people would care more about the pvp quality than what the map looks like
I actually like some obstacles and lava, not getting knocked into it can be challenging. But I know many people don't like to play on the maps with lava.

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
Like @MagnificentSpam said all flat maps would be incredibly boring and also bad practice since you probably won't have a perfectly flat area to fight in for most pvp situations. I agree with moving those 4 kits to insane though :P Eggwars needs a rework and should probably have a golden apple and steak instead of carrots as well as fewer blocks...

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
Like @MagnificentSpam said all flat maps would be incredibly boring and also bad practice since you probably won't have a perfectly flat area to fight in for most pvp situations.
I agree and disagree with you there. You are right when you say that you won't usually have a perfectly flat area to fight, but I think the whole point of duels should be to practise your melee/archery, the duels is where you practise your combos etc on a flat surface, then if you want to become even better then you can play the other PvP minigames. If you look at other huge servers, their duels are all flat maps and that isn't a coincidence

Chimpeeze

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2016
The jungle
I prefer a flat arena for practising with someone to improve on my melee.
But after playing a lot of uhc, it's actually good practice to play with different terrain.
No point being good at PvP if terrain/obstacles are just going to hinder your performance.
I would like a few more flat maps though.

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
I prefer a flat arena for practising with someone to improve on my melee.
But after playing a lot of uhc, it's actually good practice to play with different terrain.
No point being good at PvP if terrain/obstacles are just going to hinder your performance.
I would like a few more flat maps though.
Very true, very true indeed actually. I think there should be more flat maps than obstacle ones though, just so there are less trolls/people who just run away for ages (trust me, there's a lot of them)

Reactions: Chimpeeze

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
This is really annoying too. Flat maps = people aren't able to run away easily and just do this in OP mode (longer fights).

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Desiderata wrote on Xi1m's profile.
relogging just to tell you (and those who care enough to read statuses) that digital circus ep 2 is out now apparently
GiGaGekkies wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Hottie
Thank you everyone for all the birthday wishes <3 🦆
Reesle wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Heyy, thanks for the follow! =D
Top Bottom