Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you agree or disagree

• Agree

• Disagree, and I'm going to elaborate why down below.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Onik

Dedicated Member
Nov 25, 2016
California
I honestly disagree, I understand your reasoning behind this and truly know that sometimes it's such a struggle to get into the specific type of game you want to play, but by making changes in the way you're presenting your idea, it would make the purpose of buying a rank, none the less owning a rank lose its value and wouldn't be something that would benefit this community. I am aware that there used to be the ability for a player to choose the map they wanted, as the game maps used to be presented on signs in the game lobbies, but the only reason why that worked so well back then, was because the number of players back then was so vast. Over the past years, their community practically has gone down, and "The Big Change" is possibly the biggest turning point that practically saved this server from it going up in flames. So, Imma be straightforward here, giving everyone the ability to pick a map or at least an option to do so is just too much freedom, and from what I learned, too much freedom isn't the best thing for this server.

Reactions: Smoothlyy

Axyy

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2016
Gone
www.cubecraft.net
I honestly disagree, I understand your reasoning behind this and truly know that sometimes it's such a struggle to get into the specific type of game you want to play, but by making changes in the way you're presenting your idea, it would make the purpose of buying a rank, none the less owning a rank lose its value and wouldn't be something that would benefit this community. I am aware that there used to be the ability for a player to choose the map they wanted, as the game maps used to be presented on signs in the game lobbies, but the only reason why that worked so well back then, was because the number of players back then was so vast. Over the past years, their community practically has gone down, and "The Big Change" is possibly the biggest turning point that practically saved this server from it going up in flames. So, Imma be straightforward here, giving everyone the ability to pick a map or at least an option to do so is just too much freedom, and from what I learned, too much freedom isn't the best thing for this server.
Don't you think even more players left because they are unable to choose the map they want to play on? - Too much freedom? We are talking about the ability to choose a map you like to play on... The premium feature to pick a map can easily be replaced with one or two other features.

Reactions: Moooofinlover

Moooofinlover

Novice Member
May 20, 2020
it would make the purpose of buying a rank, none the less owning a rank lose its value

False. My suggestion doesn’t give any perks to players without a rank whatsoever. I’m suggesting a menu where all players, including players without a rank can see at least three games. This WON’T mean you’ll always be able to select your favourite map. IF you DO want to pick your favourite map whenever it’s available. That’s when you should consider a rank.
and wouldn't be something that would benefit this community.

Elaborate please, because, if it doesn’t benefit YOU because you’ve got the highest rank on the server, doesn’t mean that it won’t benefit like 90% of the playerbase that do not own a rank.

Reactions: Fqnta and Axyy

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
Well not exactly all ranked features, just map choosing which could be replaced with other cool features :cool:
yeah, but others are making suggestions to make all voting for everyone. if one of these gets added, people will think that they all could be. it would just add in influx of "make *insert ranked feature" available for everyone" suggestions

Moooofinlover

Novice Member
May 20, 2020
Added a GIF to the main post to visualize what I have in mind and how it possibly could look like in-game.

Moooofinlover

Novice Member
May 20, 2020
yeah, but others are making suggestions to make all voting for everyone. if one of these gets added, people will think that they all could be. it would just add in influx of "make *insert ranked feature" available for everyone" suggestions

I don't think you get the point. The difference between voting and this is that everyone, rank or no rank, that has played on Cubecraft before 2018 had the possibility to at least pick from a few maps that were available. Not every player had the possibility to vote unless they've purchased a rank. The signs in the lobby that were displaying available maps were never a prerogative you got by getting a rank. So what exactly is being taken away from you? Exactly, nothing. Your prerogative is a map selector, you can select which map you want to play in an instant if it's available. I'm suggesting a menu where all players can see at least a fraction of three maps to pick from. So you're still more privileged than a player that does not have a rank.

Last edited:

JvwerMcGames

Jan 12, 2016
The Netherlands
The premium feature to pick a map can easily be replaced with one or two other features.
Please tell! What "two" features are we talking about?

I really think this feature takes away the purpose of the Iron rank.
So what exactly is being taken away from you?
It's not about something that's taken away. It's about not really needing to upgrade to iron anymore. If a non-ranker can choose between 3 or so maps, how big is the change that all 3 maps would be bad? Picking the best map every time and thus never needing to upgrade to iron.

Reactions: Fqnta and ItzEnd3r

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
I don't think you get the point. The difference between voting and this is that everyone, rank or no rank, that has played on Cubecraft before 2018 had the possibility to at least pick from a few maps that were available. Not every player had to possibility to vote unless they've purchased a rank. The signs in the lobby that were displaying available maps were never a prerogative you got by getting a rank. So what exactly is being taken away from you? Exactly, nothing. Your prerogative is a map selector, you can select which map you want to play in an instant if it's available. I'm suggesting a menu where all players can see at least a fraction of three maps to pick from. So you're still more privileged than a player that does not have a rank.
if its such a big deal you could spend 5 dollars and buy iron rank, you would be supporting the server and you can pick your map.

Moooofinlover

Novice Member
May 20, 2020
If a non-ranker can choose between 3 or so maps, how big is the change that all 3 maps would be bad?

What you're saying here is quite funny, because you're basically saying that players without a rank deserve to be placed in maps they don't like and therefore shouldn't be able to pick from a minimum of three maps. So, you're saying, make the server less no-rank friendly to stimulate the number of players that want to upgrade their rank. I personally would never purchase a rank on a server where they're trying to make your time on it a pain to stimulate rank upgrades.

Also, first impression is everything. You want someone to join the server and think: ''What a nice server this is, I can't wait to login tomorrow!'' That's how you get people to donate because they will genuinely think the server provides them the best resources to have a good experience.

if its such a big deal you could spend 5 dollars and buy iron rank, you would be supporting the server and you can pick your map.

If hunger in the world is such an issue? Why don't they just buy food? If diseases are killing people, why don't they just cure them?

Yeah, that's because that's not how it works. Not everyone is privileged enough to spend five dollars on a rank, which iron rank does not cost by the way. Iron rank costs 10 dollars.

Reactions: Fqnta

JvwerMcGames

Jan 12, 2016
The Netherlands
you're basically saying that players without a rank deserve to be placed in maps they don't like and therefore shouldn't be able to pick from a minimum of three maps.

I don't think you understand what I am trying to say. I suggested an alternative (reply #14). Players, especially new players should play games and maps they like. But I don't think this is the way to go. Choosing a server/map, even if it's just 3, should be an iron rank perk. However liking and disliking maps IS a way to give non-rankers an option to play less maps they don't like and play more frequently on the maps they do like.

So, you're saying, make the server less no-rank friendly to stimulate the number of players that want to upgrade their rank. I personally would never purchase a rank on a server where they're trying to make your time on it a pain to stimulate rank upgrades.
Uhm no lol. Not agreeing with a suggestion does not mean I want to make the server less no-rank friendly. Buying a rank is a way to support a server. But also to get some privileges. Otherwise almost no-one buys a rank if it doesn't do anything. Currently Cubecraft is far from "not non-rank/new user friendly". With language support, acces to every game and lobby etc.

Moooofinlover

Novice Member
May 20, 2020
I actually agree with this. Not being able to choose a map is quite annoying and it used to be possible to every single rank on the server.

And that's exactly why I'm suggesting it. You'll never see me suggest to give /fly to everybody on the server, simply because we never had the ability to use /fly anyway. While we did have the ability to at least pick from some maps, it's just unfair in my opinion to take that away from them and it makes the way players with a stone rank experience joining games very flawed.

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
Before I say anything else, I agree with your idea provided that there are some modification.

Your idea states:
give them a view of at least three servers that are up and running
Together with the following statement:
you still don't have the ability to pick your favourite map
Before I start trolling out mathematics. No one does, player with a rank can not choose their favourite map, they can choose from a certain amount of maps that have open servers.
With your animation in mind, you propose to let them choose out of 3-5 maps
I check open maps every five minutes, 10 times.
This is not enough for a real test and should not be taken as data that seals my statement. But it takes a lot of time to do so. And it will make my point with these data, so I didn't record more.
I got the following result for open maps that ranks can choose out at the moment.
upload_2020-5-21_21-4-19.png

Now look at this:
False. My suggestion doesn’t give any perks to players without a rank whatsoever.
This is false, it gives 45 to 75 % of the map choosing perk. I highly doubt this "not giving any perks to players without a rank".

About this:
The signs in the lobby that were displaying available maps were never a prerogative you got by getting a rank. So what exactly is being taken away from you?
This is asking not what it is any more so something would be taken away. To give it your way of saying.
In the past you could hunt animals without having to ask for permission. If we removed that law would something be taken away. Yes! Of course!

One last thing, not all things that you once had should be returned to you. This is not a valid argument.

mymth

Novice Member
Apr 11, 2020
Before I say anything else, I agree with your idea provided that there are some modification.

Your idea states:

Together with the following statement:

Before I start trolling out mathematics. No one does, player with a rank can not choose their favourite map, they can choose from a certain amount of maps that have open servers.
With your animation in mind, you propose to let them choose out of 3-5 maps
I check open maps every five minutes, 10 times.
This is not enough for a real test and should not be taken as data that seals my statement. But it takes a lot of time to do so. And it will make my point with these data, so I didn't record more.
I got the following result for open maps that ranks can choose out at the moment.
View attachment 165406
Now look at this:

This is false, it gives 45 to 75 % of the map choosing perk. I highly doubt this "not giving any perks to players without a rank".

About this:

This is asking not what it is any more so something would be taken away. To give it your way of saying.
In the past you could hunt animals without having to ask for permission. If we removed that law would something be taken away. Yes! Of course!

One last thing, not all things that you once had should be returned to you. This is not a valid argument.

yep i agree

Moooofinlover

Novice Member
May 20, 2020
No one does, player with a rank can not choose their favourite map, they can choose from a certain amount of maps that have open servers.

I know this for a fact. I know how the map selection tool works. There are some maps that are available and some are not. Back when the signs in pre-game lobbies were a thing though, you'd still have a chance that the map you like isn't visible on the signs but is actually visible by clicking the map selection NPC in the lobby. So, you're correct with your statement, but once a map that they enjoy is available they do have a tool that gives them a position where they can join the map faster than players that do not have access to the map selection menu. So you actually can still pick your favourite map, it just has to do with some luck that a server with your map opens up.

upload_2020-5-21_21-4-19-png.165406

Pretty cool that you've taken the time to test this. Although I do think that these numbers still vary depending on how much players are online and stuff. But considering there is an average of 7 maps open at any time given. Let's say it does give approximately 60% of the available maps away to players without a rank. In that 40 % there could still be a map that's closer to your heart than the maps that are visible in that 60%. So considering an iron rank would still be a more efficient way of getting to play on maps you adore.

You might think that way. But what I think is that you should at least give proper reasoning as to why you took something away in the first place. And if you've come with a proper reason, then you've caught me off guard and I'll be accepting whatever is being implemented. But if a special reason for taking that one thing away from stone ranked players is lacking. Then I just consider it as a flaw in the system for a big portion of the player base and therefore a big weakness in the way Cubecraft is trying to maintain their player base.

ShinyArrow

Forum Expert
Aug 31, 2019
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
I agree 100% with this suggestion! Because as you said everyone has a favourite map and joining a thousand of games untill you finally came into it, is boring and will let the fun of playing on cubecraft drop. Also as Axyy already said not everyone has enough money or do not have permission from their parents.

Also if you are in a party with 2 people, you want to play a map for 2 players. If you join game after game and don’t find a game for 2 players in a team, you’ll have less fun while playing.

That’s why it’s a yes for me, but not all maps need to be on the board, because that’ll make a iron rank worth less.

+1

Reactions: Moooofinlover

Moooofinlover

Novice Member
May 20, 2020
upload_2020-5-23_1-11-55.png

An example of what happens. In the beginning, there were 12 players, then there were 8, then there were, 11 then there were 7, and then there were 11 :confused:
See how the only players that keep leaving do not own a rank. It's just so flawed because nobody can pick which game they join and you get teams that are half-filled which basically gives the opponent 1-0 before the game even has started...

upload_2020-5-23_1-21-17.png

And this one as well, rome a 10 vs 10 map. The game started out with 10 vs 7 and this is how the proportions were literally 5 seconds into the game. 6 vs 4...
Every player leaves once the map starts because only then they can get redirected to a map they (might) not hate.​

Onik

Dedicated Member
Nov 25, 2016
California
View attachment 165538

An example of what happens. In the beginning, there were 12 players, then there were 8, then there were, 11 then there were 7, and then there were 11 :confused:
See how the only players that keep leaving do not own a rank. It's just so flawed because nobody can pick which game they join and you get teams that are half-filled which basically gives the opponent 1-0 before the game even has started...

View attachment 165540

And this one as well, rome a 10 vs 10 map. The game started out with 10 vs 7 and this is how the proportions were literally 5 seconds into the game. 6 vs 4...
Every player leaves once the map starts because only then they can get redirected to a map they (might) not hate.
Your examples provided here are flawed and are fixed to make everyone think, that the reason why people are leaving is because of the map choice, however, there are so many aspects that make an impact as to why players end up leaving. Such as the type of game mode that is being voted/played (Overpowered, Normal, or Hardcore) while also the amount of health being used in that game (Half. Normal, Double, or Triple), and how many players are on your team. These 3 are the major reasons why people would choose to stay or go. If something isn't in their favor, they're not gonna stick around and play, they'll probably end up leaving.

As far as waiting in the map lobbies, people do leave because they get placed into maps that they don't want to play in, but it's not solely because they personally hate the map or it isn't their favorite, other aspects make an impact here as well. Such as, when the game selector decides to place people who are in teams of 3, 4, 5...etc. into smaller game maps, this sometimes attributes to big portions of people leaving because their party is just too big to fit into these small teams. There's also the added impact of people not wanting to play on the map because of the players in that map specifically. An example of these types of players would probably be ranked players, since a lot of people tend to think that, if they have a rank they must be good, at least that's what I've been told whenever I play on any game, regardless of team or solo. Not sure why people seem to believe this, but it most definitely comes back to ranked players having more power over the lower-tiered ranks, which for some people that's quite intimidating, and enough to force them to leave.

I won't disagree on your points made, I do agree that people do leave because it isn't their favorite map or the map they wanted to play on, but as far as saying that it's the only reasoning as to why they're leaving is just blatantly stupid. If you're not taking other aspects into account for your examples, it's just making your point seem more fixated on try to get people to believe in this singular point and moreover making the original point lose whatever credibility it had.

Moooofinlover

Novice Member
May 20, 2020
If you're not taking other aspects into account for your examples, it's just making your point seem more fixated on try to get people to believe in this singular point and moreover making the original point lose whatever credibility it had.

The only point I'm trying to make is that the current system is flawed. I'm not going to scientifically prove my point on a Minecraft server forum and take other external factors in mind because I don't care about it to that extent. Those screenshots were made when I logged in after a day and it was very noticeable that players kept leaving at the start, pretty sure that all of them had a stone rank. Anyhow, whether or not those screenshots can be classified as ''hard evidence''. We can all agree that It's just insane that so many players leave pre-game/at the very start of a game and I'm pretty confident in assuming that not being able to pick what server you're joining is really contributing to this problem. Thanks for the feedback though.

Reactions: Levi_the_pro
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Casualpoalrbear wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
Congrats.
Kiyaan gaming world on YouTube
This might be one of the weirdest excuses I have seen after killing someone.

2024-03-28_23.34.25.png
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #20-
More tornadoes occur in the United Kingdom per square mile than in any other country in the world.
Top Bottom