Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you agree or disagree

• Agree

• Disagree, and I'm going to elaborate why down below.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Moooofinlover

Novice Member
May 20, 2020
The way players get redirected to maps on Eggwars feels kind of flawed to me. Especially since I'm used to the big walls hanging in certain game lobbies full of signs to pick a map from. So this might apply to other games as well like team Skywars. Let me explain why I think the current system is flawed.

1.) Not every map is enjoyable

Everyone has a map they enjoy. It's all personal. Sometimes you're in the mood for a quick game on a map like Library or you're into a long game on a map like Teaparty. But what if you're craving those quick games but the only maps that you're getting sent to are maps that you know will take ages to properly play and win a game on. By giving players at least some choice in maps this problem won't occur as much.

2.) Games don't fill up quickly

So, you were in the mood for that quick game of Eggwars but you've been put into Teaparty. What do you do? Well, you leave the game. Players basically just leave the game when they do not feel like playing on a certain map. It's very annoying when this happens and you're actually really in the mood to play on a certain map. But you can't blame them because they forcefully get redirected to that map from the main lobby. It just makes waiting for a game to start so much longer to the point where it's becoming annoying.

3.) Players leave the game early on

So you've been forcefully put into that game, and every time you press the Eggwars menu you get sent to the exact same game. What can you do? Well, what a lot of players do is wait till the game start, and then /leave in a heartbeat. Just so that they can (forcefully) join another server that hopefully does meet their requirement for a map they like to play on. This is very aggravating because if you DO want to play on the map and 3/4 of your teammates just instantly left, you're sitting there just waiting till you're going to get beat up by 4 players.

My suggestion on fixing it

When players click the NPC for joining a game, give them a view of at least three servers that are up and running. This can make such a difference in the amount of time it takes to fill up a server and gives players that do not have a rank at least a little choice in what map they're playing. By giving them at least three servers to choose from you're also not taking away any perks that players with a rank do have. Players without a rank can still not pick from every map the server has to offer and therefore upgrading to iron could still be considered by players. In my opinion it's a win/win situation where players without a rank get more choice and players with a rank will experience games filling up way faster and will notice fewer players that leave games early.

Here's an example of what it could look like in-game. As you can see, you still don't have the ability to pick your favourite map, you'll just get to see a fraction of what servers are currently available. You still don't get the perk ranked players have where they can pick the map they love in an instant.

example.gif

P.S.
No, purchasing a rank is not an option and still doesn't beat the purpose of this suggestion. So if that's what you've got to add to this thread please just uninstall your web-browser. Players that do not have a rank are like 90% of the server and not everyone can afford a rank. We all started out here without a rank. If you want players to like the server, you have to make their first experience a good one, otherwise, they'll just leave and go to another server.

Agree/disagree? Comment down below why you do. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

HiPeople MC

Oct 28, 2017
The problem is, if you give map selection to everybody, it takes away pretty much the entire point of the Iron rank. All you could get is the occasional Cubelet and colored chat, which is barely used anyways.

Reactions: Fqnta

Moooofinlover

Novice Member
May 20, 2020
The problem is, if you give map selection to everybody, it takes away pretty much the entire point of the Iron rank. All you could get is the occasional Cubelet and colored chat, which is barely used anyways.

Try reading and understanding the whole thread before you reply next time.

Axyy

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2016
Gone
www.cubecraft.net
I 100% dig this, I was actually planning on creating a suggestion thread like this one (along with @Levi_the_pro).

Anyways, in my opinion, it's not fair to only give the ability to choose maps to those with a rank, back in the day everyone was able to choose a map (when you had to join by clicking on a sign). These times were amazing, CCG had a lot more players back then, and I believe a lot of them left because of the map selection.

People may not like certain maps and they keep ending up on these, it could take ages before you finally be able to play your favorite map, and what if you die instantly because of a hacker? You can just start joining games again until you finally found your favorite map again.

Some people just don't have a generous income and aren't able to pay for ranks, which makes it less motivating to play because those without a rank can't play on the map they like.

Ranks should only give the ability to unlock certain cosmetics such as chat color, particle trails, and more. - To be honest, the ability to choose a map shouldn't be one, it really should be a network-wide feature for all players.

It really doesn't, I didn't buy a rank because of map choosing, but instead, I bought it because I liked the cosmetics that comes with it. Iron rank isn't all about map choosing but also about, more friend slots, /report command, a weekly bonus, and a lot of other fun cosmetics.

Moooofinlover

Novice Member
May 20, 2020
To be honest, the ability to choose a map shouldn't be one, it really should be a network-wide feature for all players.

In an ideal world, this would actually be my suggestion. I totally agree with that and the first thing I noticed when I joined the server in a while was that map selection is now so limited for players that don't own a rank, especially when you compare it to when game-lobbies were a thing.

But, because players have ''paid'' for having access to the map selector I can see why they would not make it a network-wide feature for all players. But at least give players that do not have a rank for whatever reason the opportunity to pick from a small selection of running servers. It would only be fair to also consider that for the players that make up the biggest part of the player base.

Reactions: Axyy

Axyy

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2016
Gone
www.cubecraft.net
In an ideal world, this would actually be my suggestion. I totally agree with that and the first thing I noticed when I joined the server in a while was that map selection is now so limited for players that don't own a rank, especially when you compare it to when game-lobbies were a thing.

But, because players have ''paid'' for having access to the map selector I can see why they would not make it a network-wide feature for all players. But at least give players that do not have a rank for whatever reason the opportunity to pick from a small selection of running servers. It would only be fair to also consider that for the players that make up the biggest part of the player base.

Well, back in the day you didn't have to have a rank at all to choose a map. It's a rank feature that was implemented later and it is hard to change it back to the way it was. I still think the right decision would be to give all stone ranks the ability to choose between maps, even though people bought ranks for the ability to choose between maps. - There's still a lot of features left, maybe even adding a new feature in return?

Reactions: Moooofinlover

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
I disagree and im not going to elaborate why :cool:

(but actually a lot of people bought ranks for this and it would hurt cubes income if they give all the ranked features to everyone)

Reactions: EasyNorth

OnlyTijmen

Dedicated Member
Feb 20, 2016
Netherlands
trailoffriends.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah, back in the days, map choosing was for everyone, lots of sings with open maps on it, and you could just click the map you wanted... I miss those days!

But yeah, I do think there should be some extra kind of feature for ranks, and then especially for the lower ranks... I mean, we can vote, so I dont really mind if a ranked feature will be accessible for non-rankers. But the lower ranks might have bought the rank just for the map-picking.

Players without a rank can still not pick from every map the server has to offer
Neither do rankers, as a ranker, you can pick a map thats already open, but you cant decide to open a new map. This is to prevent games from taking too long to fill up (I think).

_EliteDevil

Mar 21, 2020
First of, I think more then 10% of the players have a rank so that 90% isn't right. Second of, stop crying and buy a rank if its such a problem. Iron rank is very cheap so there shouldn't be a big problem.

Mara_Dibella

Nov 23, 2019
Hey there.
I understand your idea though. Once I was also stoned rank and couldnt choose a map what rlly bothered me. But if everyone can choose a map the value of ranks will drop.
Srry its a no for me!

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
Maastricht, the Netherlands
youtu.be
They can just buy a rank, can't they? :doge:

Jokes aside, while I do not support the idea to give stone rankers perms to choose like a ranked player, I definitely do fully support this idea. This is a well thought, in-between idea so non-ranked players have at least some sort of choice, and it definitely is a yes from me. Have an escalation and a like.

JvwerMcGames

Jan 12, 2016
The Netherlands
Great suggestion but I don't think non-ranked players should have an option to choose maps. However they should get an option to play on their favorite maps. Rocket League has this awesome system to like and dislike maps. This way players are queuing for maps they like. Rocket League still queues players in disliked maps but less frequently. I think this is a better solution for this problem then giving a choice between three maps. This like/dislike feature could also be used by ranked-players.

upload_2020-5-21_13-39-53.png

colinverp

May 5, 2020
Helmond netherlands
I would not suggest doing this because people buy ranks for this, what I do like to see is the option that if you're in a party with 3 persons, that you do not join a map for 2 persons. this can be really annoying.

Goefy

Forum Expert
Dec 10, 2019
Å
I think it’s fine as it is. Like I said one, selecting a map is one of the rewards you get after donating the server. Also this would make the Iron rank completely useless because every person I know with an Iron rank has bought it to select a map, not for everything else.

Moooofinlover

Novice Member
May 20, 2020
I see a lot of users reply to this suggestion as if I’m suggesting to take away the iron+ rank perk for selecting all maps and giving it to everyone on the server.

That is not what I am trying to suggest. My suggestion is to let all players see at least three servers that are currently running per game. Just like how every player was used to be able to pick games from a sign when pre-game lobbies were still a thing. Why would it be unfair? It wasn’t unfair when there were pre-game lobbies but now that they’re gone it’s suddenly unfair towards players that purchased a rank? That argument honestly makes zero sense. Sorry.

Reactions: Keanu

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
As someone with Stone rank, it's very frustrating to play the same map 6 times in a row. If Stone ranks could pick from all online map lobbies that already have people in them I think this could bring new players to Cubecraft. It would help show that Cubecraft cares about all its members, not just the ranks.

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
I'd rather have it a bit different. That they choose the team size and not the map. I think that for most players team size matter more than the map. Especially if you're in a party!
I made this suggestion a while ago, so for more information:
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/choosing-system-teams.230849/
Don't reply, it's a dead thread

OnlyTijmen

Dedicated Member
Feb 20, 2016
Netherlands
trailoffriends.com
Pronouns
He/Him
I'd rather have it a bit different. That they choose the team size and not the map. I think that for most players team size matter more than the map.
This indeed seems like a better option, sadly not all sizes of teams are always available, and it still wouldnt do anything about solo maps...
But I have to say I dont really use the map picker on solos, I'm almost always using the random for solos...

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
:3🍜
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will like it here!:D
I may or may not have bought 6 Birthday Bundles (used one on myself) and I may or may not do a Giveaway for 1 soon 😉
IMG_5319.png
ImLeave wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome!
CrystalLegend01 wrote on savina875's profile.
Thank you for the follow! And welcome to the Forums
Top Bottom