Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you agree or disagree

• Agree

• Disagree, and I'm going to elaborate why down below.

Results are only viewable after voting.

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
it was very noticeable that players kept leaving at the start, pretty sure that all of them had a stone rank.
you might also want to take into account that over 75% of cubecraft players are unranked. your examples are flawed and are biased to try and prove your point. if you look at the big picture map selection is only a tiny part of why people might leave.

Moooofinlover

Novice Member
May 20, 2020
if you look at the big picture map selection is only a tiny part of why people might leave.

You telling me my example is biased, but you're making a pretty biased statement right here. How do you know that it's only a tiny part of the problem?

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
Here I am again to give some critic on your reasoning.

Your first photo doesn't contain enough info to make a point. We have no idea what the voting option where, it might have been hardcore triple who knows. But to be fair, it's shipwreck if you want a fast game, you leave.

About the game in Rome. I suspect they left because the other team was 50+% ranked with names that imply I'm good be scared. Or because it was Op- normal, and they don't want to fight more half an hour to just be cleaned by one of their team-mates. I play 9v9 and 10v10 maps from time to time and I rarely see a full game. And very often they say something like, well we already lost, before they leave.

I stand by my point, don't let them choose the map that should stay ranks-only. Even if they can only choose from 60% of the maps ranks can, it does the job as choosing from 100% of the maps. Let them choose team-size.

Moooofinlover

Novice Member
May 20, 2020
Last thing I’m going to say

I’ve given my two cents on this situation from my perspective which is more focussed on the players without a rank, a perspective some ranked players just can not relate to or don’t want to relate to due to the fact that they feel like one of their prerogatives are being taken away and given to any other player. Which isn’t the case anyway. Whether the example I provided in one of my last posts is considered false or not, the current system is flawed for players that do not own a rank. Period.

From the amount of votes there are I’m quite surprised as to how much support it has gotten considering that players without a rank are pretty underrespresented in the active forums community. Anyhow, I’ve said what I wanted to say and I’m still hoping on seeing a representative of the server give their two cents about this suggestion. Although, I’m pretty sure that despite the huge amount of support considering the contents of this suggestion, they won’t be changing it due to the fact that simply buying a rank would be a more favourable solution for them. But I guess we can still hope.

@Younisco going to tag you as you’re the community manager.

Onik

Dedicated Member
Nov 25, 2016
California
The only point I'm trying to make is that the current system is flawed. I'm not going to scientifically prove my point on a Minecraft server forum and take other external factors in mind because I don't care about it to that extent. Those screenshots were made when I logged in after a day and it was very noticeable that players kept leaving at the start, pretty sure that all of them had a stone rank. Anyhow, whether or not those screenshots can be classified as ''hard evidence''. We can all agree that It's just insane that so many players leave pre-game/at the very start of a game and I'm pretty confident in assuming that not being able to pick what server you're joining is really contributing to this problem. Thanks for the feedback though.
I'm not asking for you to be scientifical about this at all, and I do know that the current system is a bit flawed, but what I'm saying is that you should at least use common sense. Theoretically, when you present an idea or a point and give an example, that example is typically the backing or support to your claim, and typically that's how you build credibility. However, the way you're approaching this point is by stating that the only reason why people are leaving is that they hate the map they're placed into. This also tells me that you're not taking other aspects into consideration, which in my opinion is just too simple-minded and stupid, while also you made it quite clear by your point here, "I'm not going to scientifically prove my point on a Minecraft server forum and take other external factors in mind because I don't care about it to that extent." This point here alone tells me that, you're practically telling anybody, that whatever points we make are just wrong and only the points made to agree with your post(s) are in the right.

So basically, you're saying that you don't care about whatever points are made against your post and that you're not going to try to convince us in any way to switch our votes, which also tells me that if I had any thought about switching sides, from this post alone, it's quite clear where the lines have been drawn.

decobra

Novice Member
May 21, 2017
They can just buy a rank, can't they? :doge:

Jokes aside, while I do not support the idea to give stone rankers perms to choose like a ranked player, I definitely do fully support this idea. This is a well thought, in-between idea so non-ranked players have at least some sort of choice, and it definitely is a yes from me. Have an escalation and a like.
I think stone rankers should be able too choose with how much they want to team with so for example I am a stone ranker and have a party of 2 people I want to play doubles with them and I am not able too because I dont have a rank and not able to choose wich maps they like so maybe its handy they are able to decide with how big their team is? so they dont play with randoms all the time.

Reactions: Moooofinlover

GHSpaghetti

Dec 23, 2019
England
On bedrock we get kind of the same sort of issue, picking a map to play is a nightmare at Times, however there are so many players games fill up very quickly, you can also be queuing for maps when you suddenly join a game that's about to start within 1 second and then your stuck in the game, i would love a map selector in bedrock too

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016
you might also want to take into account that over 75% of cubecraft players are unranked. your examples are flawed and are biased to try and prove your point. if you look at the big picture map selection is only a tiny part of why people might leave.
Where do you get the numbers that 75% of people are unranked?

Moooofinlover

Novice Member
May 20, 2020
because i was a stone rank too!

upload_2020-5-23_17-0-52.png

Funny how you say that but you've had a rank since before this even was even a problem, so there's no possible way for you to even relate to this problem from experiencing it. And you're the one speaking about being biased...
shrug-face.jpg

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
View attachment 165598
Funny how you say that but you've had a rank since before this even was even a problem, so there's no possible way for you to even relate to this problem from experiencing it. And you're the one speaking about being biased...
I have been a stone with this system, and not having the exact map I wanted to play really wasn't that much of a problem to be fair. The biggest problem was having not my preferred voting options.

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
View attachment 165598

shrug-face.jpg
yeah, but the sign system didn't let me chose whatever map I wanted. It was just better, but they changed it for a reason and that was because of a lack of players. The change also made a lot of people buy the ranks so by doing this it would completely devalue iron rank. I do believe that they should implement a feature like if you are in a party of 2 and there is a 2 player map open, you will join the game. This would remove the playing with randoms issue.

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
I disagree because I actually believe that all players, stone rankers included, have a right to choose the maps they want to play. (for the record I own many accounts with ranks on the server before anyone calls me a cheapskate).
This was the case years ago before "the big change" where stone rankers could just choose maps from a sign, and it should be the case today.
But, if I had to choose between stone rankers getting no map selection choice, or your idea, then obviously I would choose your idea.

Madison_Beer

May 22, 2020
Tokyo
This indeed seems like a better option, sadly not all sizes of teams are always available, and it still wouldnt do anything about solo maps...
But I have to say I dont really use the map picker on solos, I'm almost always using the random for solos...
Upvoted i agree with this comment, i don't really use a certain map i always choose random. I feel for most players do the same. And another player mentioned that it takes away the point of the rank and that is true. Players get the perk because of the rank they bought, if they gave it to all players the people who bought the rank would have it for no reason if they only play that gamemode.

Moooofinlover

Novice Member
May 20, 2020
If someone higher up could take this into consideration and leave some feedback, that'd be appreciated. Thanks

Top Bottom