seperate moderators?

• yes

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • no

Votes: 16 94.1%

• Total voters

BadTimothy

Aug 7, 2016
make punish moderators and judge moderators to decrease the power of the moderators
if you are formiliar with the trias politica you know what that is: legilative power,executive power and judicial power.
the moderators on the server have the executive and judical powers and that is to much power for anyone.
so my idea is to decrease the power by making 2 seperate moderators one for punishing and one for judging appeals.

BadTimothy

Aug 7, 2016
let me ask you a question would it be more efficient if the police has the executive and judicial powers?

D

Deleted member 469419

That's a lot of complication unnecessary.
The own word indicate it "Moderator", someone that moderates.

All staff members has passed a exhaustive selection process

A moderator who has been trained to, I think it cannot be a danger for anyone.

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
In the "real world" this is needed and essential to keep peace and justice. But on the server it is not.
If you have a complaint you can make it here and all mods will have a look.
I don't think the mods have too much power. Yes they can ban you and handle your appeals. But isn't that reasonable? They might have warned and had already a conversation with you, they know the story better. I think this would make think unneeded complicated and make the system less effective.
Please remember we are playing on a server with a few tens of thousands of players and not a country with millions of people. Not to forget here it's about a Minecraft account and in court about people live (sometimes)
Can you also add a poll so we can vote?

I don't want to be disrespectful but looking at the amount of posts you've made (and your join date), I think you have just had a not so well moment with a moderator and are just giving this suggestion out of anger without too much though. Please correct me if I'm wrong

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
Because?? Wouldn't that make everything way less efficient?
Absolutely. Imagine a moderator punishing someone in-game for using illegal clients, but the person reviewing the appeal has not seen them. The person can say "I was not hacking" and there's nothing that the "judge mods" can really do / counter with. Furthermore, the moderators who do reports may spend some time reviewing them, ban them, but the "judge mods" would need to look over the evidence again. It's a very inefficient process.

We often involve our moderation team if there is an appeal, report or player in-game that we are particularly sceptical about, and once there is an absolute majority of moderators who would ban someone, accept or deny an appeal, then we'd move forward.

Introducing a three branches system is an unnecessary amount of bureaucracy for a Minecraft server.

Skoedel

Dedicated Member
Apr 14, 2019
Belgium
That's so unnecessary, it's just a Minecraft server, also if you think a mod is abusing his perms or don't know what he is going you can go to an admin...

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
Absolutely. Imagine a moderator punishing someone in-game for using illegal clients, but the person reviewing the appeal has not seen them. The person can say "I was not hacking" and there's nothing that the "judge mods" can really do / counter with. Furthermore, the moderators who do reports may spend some time reviewing them, ban them, but the "judge mods" would need to look over the evidence again. It's a very inefficient process.

We often involve our moderation team if there is an appeal, report or player in-game that we are particularly sceptical about, and once there is an absolute majority of moderators who would ban someone, accept or deny an appeal, then we'd move forward.

Introducing a three branches system is an unnecessary amount of bureaucracy for a Minecraft server.
To add on, if someone feels like their punishment was wrong and the staff member does not want to remove the punishment, we have the staff feedback forum which only gets checked by people from higher up.

Nikoshka

Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2018
To be honest, it's a little interesting to see some of the replies to this thread.

Bear in mind that the other 3 largest Minecraft servers (Beeserver, Lowpixel, Memeplex) actually follow such moderation system where most of the time, the moderator who reviews appeals isn't the banning moderator.

Not saying either system is right or wrong, just a thought which struck my mind when reading some of the responses.

Reactions: Marieke2001
Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy Birthday
Reesle wrote on Fodjdkd999's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! If you need help with something, feel free to DM me or a staff member! :D
Reesle wrote on jtdogzone6843's profile.
Welcome to the Forums!! :)
UncleSpect wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy birthday!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Cool member appreciation moment!:D 💙
Top Bottom